Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

The ultrasonic cleaners are used to speed up the steeping process for e-liquid. I have never tried one myself but I have only heard good things about them.

oh... huh didnt think of that... suppose you mean like a poor mans laboratory shaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

For Sense Herakles fans, like myself [loved the original and the plus, 2 of the best sub tanks, still] - they're bringing out a whole new line. The 'Weirdo' is a direct rip of the Cleito no doubt, but I like the look of the RDA and the mini - and it'll be interesting to see what those box mods are like -

YNGlBJI.jpg

Their RTA is getting rave reviews, the RTA 2 in particular, keep meaning to order one, but got side tracked by wanting a couple of mods. Might wait and see how this lot turns out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So Aspire are at it again,

Revamping an old tank this time the atlantis

Takes the new coils and the old atlantis/triton coils.

Has a 4ml and 2ml version guess which one is for europe :rolleyes:

At least they have the extension out on release unlike the nautilus x

http://www.aspirecig.com/

Also releasing a new mod that has usb type-c maybe the first ( at least the first I have seen)

Will Some in Stainless Steel Aluminium and zinc versions

Mod looks kinda nice but I will say it will cost more than its rivals namely the evic mini and the likes

Another Cleito-a-like! It's becoming the Velocity deck of tank design :D

The mod looks nice, but as you say, is it going to be any better than the reliable ol' Evic mini? probably not, just a design choice

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Another Cleito-a-like! It's becoming the Velocity deck of tank design :D

The mod looks nice, but as you say, is it going to be any better than the reliable ol' Evic mini? probably not, just a design choice

Evic Mini 82 x 38 x 22
    Nx75 75 x 35 x 22
    Very neat but at what cost ?

• Advertisement

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Evic Mini 82 x 38 x 22
    Nx75 75 x 35 x 22
    Very neat but at what cost ?

Just found this...

$44 for Aspire EVO75 Kit with 2.0ml Atlantis EVO Tank and NX75-Z 75W Mod
    Coupon code: AS14
    http://www.sourcemore.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AST001200

Pre-order. No shipping date listed

Looking good on the pricing side at least. I paid €80 for the Evic Tron kit when it came out. One to watch for when my Evic packs it in maybe. Don't see any need for on on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Their RTA is getting rave reviews, the RTA 2 in particular, keep meaning to order one, but got side tracked by wanting a couple of mods. Might wait and see how this lot turns out first.

I've an RTA2 on the way. Its how wicking should be done. I'm hopeful that it is a nice tank.

moleyv wrote: »
    I've an RTA2 on the way. Its how wicking should be done. I'm hopeful that it is a nice tank.

Nice, let me know how it goes. I've seen vids about on FB of guys running the tank at 200w without a bother. But I'm more interested in the flavour side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Won a Coolfire 100w TC and an Avocado (yes, I know, I win stuff a lot). anyone got any feedback on the avocado? Any use?

• Advertisement

Won a Coolfire 100w TC and an Avocado (yes, I know, I win stuff a lot). anyone got any feedback on the avocado? Any use?

Fraid I can't help but congrats PT.
    As they say - If you're not in...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Its fantastic. Great flavour

I have the opposite of your luck, never win FA :D

I have the Avocado 24, same thing, just wider obviously - and the 24 has juice input holes, where the 22 didn't [you have to put juice in under the wicks basically.

In use though, I really like it, flavour is decent, I never get any leaking or dry hits. The trick I find, is to keep the wicks short, though logic will tell you to keep them long, and have them touching base - the opposite is actually true. Let gravity do it's thing, just barely dip the ends of the wicks down into the juice holes. Give the tank the odd tilt here and there to keep them wet, but it'll do so as you vape anyway.

Gratz on the win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Any discount code for that Polish website please?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How is it flying from Dublin Airport these days?
    Still liquids in hold and batteries in carry on?
    Thanks

I always take my vape gear on board in my camera bag, never been pulled up. Just put your liquids into the plastic bags they offer, as you would with any other liquids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I have the opposite of your luck, never win FA :D

I have the Avocado 24, same thing, just wider obviously - and the 24 has juice input holes, where the 22 didn't [you have to put juice in under the wicks basically.

In use though, I really like it, flavour is decent, I never get any leaking or dry hits. The trick I find, is to keep the wicks short, though logic will tell you to keep them long, and have them touching base - the opposite is actually true. Let gravity do it's thing, just barely dip the ends of the wicks down into the juice holes. Give the tank the odd tilt here and there to keep them wet, but it'll do so as you vape anyway.

Gratz on the win :)

Brilliant advice, thank you! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Apologies didnt mean to post in this thread.Thought it was the general discussion one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Apologies didnt mean to post in this thread.Thought it was the general discussion one.

It is.

EGriff wrote: »
    It is.

I must be loosing it altogether then.My heads up my ***e today trying to pack for the hols.

Forget the clothes,suncreams etc etc. My vape stuff is the most important. Enough juice for 2.5 weeks because last year I ran out and was vaping the most disgusting juice because it was I could find in the shops....enough mods to last a whole day by the pool drinking beer so my cuboid,istick 100watt and 30 watt are packed. Ive enough coils to heat a house.

My wife is more concerned that Im packing that much vape stuff. But as I said the alternative is that I go back on the smokes especially when theyre only 4 euros a packet where Im going.
    And Im not going down that road again.

Just want to make sure that none of my stuff is confiscated by airport security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

Kanger Pangu .............................

PANGU_2.jpg?11650578917145238950

Somebody slap me - I swear I just thought I saw a cartomiser :D

Yup, it's based on an old idea that we left behind [thankfully I would have thought]

dual-coil-tank-3ml.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Isn't that just a clieto type tank, think thats the third I've seen this week.

EGriff wrote: »
    Isn't that just a clieto type tank, think thats the third I've seen this week.

Aspire and Sense have both ripped it off recently too yeah, like I said in another post, the Cleito seems to be becoming the velocity deck of tanks. It's simple, and works very well and probably cheap to produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Aspire and Sense have both ripped it off recently too yeah, like I said in another post, the Cleito seems to be becoming the velocity deck of tanks. It's simple, and works very well and probably cheap to produce.

Well It is the aspire cleito they can kinda rip it off as much as they want :pac::p

Well It is the aspire cleito they can kinda rip it off as much as they want :pac::p

That is very true :D more re-hashing their own idea then. But Sense have completely ripped it, with their Weirdo tank, love the name though:

herakles-wierdo-sub-ohm-tank.jpg

The new Aspire ATlantis Evo is more like a Cleito Evo:

Atlantis%20EVO%20Standard.png

We can't be thinking like this lads, if someone had patented the velocity deck where would we be now.

There was about 40+ 24/25mm tanks with velocity decks came out in about three months.

Geekvape have practically made their business out of taking the best bits from different designs.

The new eleaf and joyetech coils are rips of each other.

And talking of rips, there isn't a hope I'd have a couple of kayfuns in my arsenal without clones.

And looking at some of the new kanger and aspire mods, I wish they had taken some design cues from other devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

A single re-buildable for the mouth to lungers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBU6li6Oess

moleyv wrote: »
    We can't be thinking like this lads, if someone had patented the velocity deck where would we be now.

There was about 40+ 24/25mm tanks with velocity decks came out in about three months.

Geekvape have practically made their business out of taking the best bits from different designs.

The new eleaf and joyetech coils are rips of each other.

And talking of rips, there isn't a hope I'd have a couple of kayfuns in my arsenal without clones.

And looking at some of the new kanger and aspire mods, I wish they had taken some design cues from other devices.

Of course we can, nobody said it was a bad thing. They take what works, and try better it, all good. Simple. I won't buy an RTA now unless it's got a Velocity style deck

• Advertisement

The eleaf ipower is sort of appealing to me, even though I rubbished it for the 1A charging. Its pretty small. 47e before discounts on ESI. They had a flash sale on GB yesterday for 33USD. I think its normally around 35USD so no biggie. I like the bronze one, but would have liked if there was a black option.

5000mah is a lot! A lot to charge at 1A too. Any other large capacity built in batteries.

Are there any other dual parallel regulated mods other than the therion? I'm really sold on the idea but couldn't afford another therion.

Advertisement