Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

folks, looking to order some 0mg juice with a higher PG factor to get a bit of a throat hit, what sortof hit would I get from 70% PG using a Pico setup??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The Pico has no bearing on it, it'll depend on the tank you're using. If you mean the melo III that comes with the Pico kit? then it'll depend on the coil. With the 0.5 ohm coil, you will certainly get TH with high PG juices at 30w+. Might even be too harsh. I'd suggest trying some 50/50 juices first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

PG is thinner, it carries flavor better, but will produce lighter vapour [clouds] and can be harsh when at a high %. VG is sweeter, thicker and gives cloudier vapour, but with a softer throat hit and slightly lighter flavor.

It's doubtful you use 100% VG, as 99% of flavor concentrates are made using PG. The highest VG juices are in around 90/10, most common being 80/20, as most will use PG based nicotine also.

I used to vape 70 PG, but would get the odd dizzy spell if I chain vaped. Some people are allergic to it in high amounts. Since switching to sub ohm vaping exclusively, I only ever vape high VG nowadays, [80/20] at a lower nic strength [3mg] - I make my own liquids, and the only PG I use would be that in the flavorings and the nicotine. I like to have a certain % of PG, it thins juices out a bit and does add that extra throat hit, but 70vg/30pg is about as high as I'd go

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah I've had juices that claimed 100% VG, I guess they do mean no added PG apart from the flavorings. But at most, it'll still be around 80/20. Like I say though, that 10-20% PG in the mix has it's purpose, it boosts flavor and gives that little bit of TH. When you go beyond 30PG, that's when it'll become harsh, a lot of cheap juices go high on PG because it boosts the flavoring a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I've been really unlucky vape wise the last few weeks. Bought the new iStick but it started vaping by itself. It woke me up in the middle of the second night vaping on its own. While trying to turn it off in the dark I dropped scalding hot liquid on my arm which left a mark. Then as if my previous iStick was pissed off with me, it stopped working. A friend gave me a spare box mod he had and it started vaping by itself.

I'm getting paid next week. Can anyone recommend a really reliable box mod?

Must haves:

Ability to sub ohm
    Ability to churn out 40W or more
    Either removeable 18650 battery(s) or USB chargeable, preferably both.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also if anyone can recommend a cheap exorcist, I'll take a recommendation on that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive only had the Pico a few days and its defo the best mod ive had. Ive had a few eleaf mods but the Pico seems the best i have had so far. Seems to tick all you boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

syklops wrote: »

Also if anyone can recommend a cheap exorcist, I'll take a recommendation on that too.

Get thee to Limerick :D:D:D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14DViAqiCM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've been really unlucky vape wise the last few weeks. Bought the new iStick but it started vaping by itself. It woke me up in the middle of the second night vaping on its own. While trying to turn it off in the dark I dropped scalding hot liquid on my arm which left a mark. Then as if my previous iStick was pissed off with me, it stopped working. A friend gave me a spare box mod he had and it started vaping by itself.

Must haves:

Ability to sub ohm

Evic mini TC. The most reliable mod I've owned to date, and I still use it daily. Simple to use, does everything you listed, and can be got pretty cheap now as there's newer models out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Evic mini TC. The most reliable mod I've owned to date, and I still use it daily. Simple to use, does everything you listed, and can be got pretty cheap now as there's newer models out.

Agreed. That and the istick pico are all I use.

ROV have the recoil in stock now,I love dripper's where I can just dump the juice straight into the chuff cap but is it worth €60,I'll have to sleep on that decision...

https://republicofvape.ie/shop/the-recoil-rda/

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

ROV have the recoil in stock now,I love dripper's where I can just dump the juice straight into the chuff cap but is it worth €60,I'll have to sleep on that decision...

Yes it is!!! I've got one for a few weeks now and it's the best dripper I've used. Extremely well made and the flavour is great

Garyt82 wrote: »
    Yes it is!!! I've got one for a few weeks now and it's the best dripper I've used. Extremely well made and the flavour is great

Did you get the SS one or the Black one...the stainless wont lose it's colour.

Did you get the SS one or the Black one...the stainless wont lose it's colour.

I've got the stainless. The barrel feels indestructible. It's really really solid. I use the flavour cap all the time and have zero complaints so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Must haves:

Ability to sub ohm

I use nothing but a cloupor mini + and I love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Glebee wrote: »
    Ive only had the Pico a few days and its defo the best mod ive had. Ive had a few eleaf mods but the Pico seems the best i have had so far. Seems to tick all you boxes.

Agreed - though I've very limited experience, having only used a Provari previously, I have to say I love the form factor of the Pico and have used it daily since I got it - in fact I've just ordered a backup - less than €24 on FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Must haves:

Ability to sub ohm

The iStick 60w seems to fit all your requirements. Proper workhouse and really durable. Ive smashed the **** out of it (lol) and not a bother.

istick-60w.gif?t=1446152801

Ability to sub ohm ✓
    Ability to churn out 40W or more ✓
    Removeable 18650 battery & USB chargeable ✓

• Advertisement

Can someone recommend a new tank.

I've got a kayfun v5, a couple of subtanks, a melo II and iii and my favourite, the goblin mini.

The goblin is great, but building and filling are a pain in the arse.

So, I'm thinking of a Griffin or something like that.

Suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Suggestions?

Coilart Mage, Tornado Nano, Sigelei Moonshot in that order would be my preference. Fabulous flavour from each and easy build/wick.
    Larger tank, my top one is the Wotofo Conqueror, postless deck,great performance.

Can someone recommend a new tank.

I've got a kayfun v5, a couple of subtanks, a melo II and iii and my favourite, the goblin mini.

The goblin is great, but building and filling are a pain in the arse.

So, I'm thinking of a Griffin or something like that.

Suggestions?

The Mage is a great flavour RTA, it's easy enough build but does have it's niggles [spinning deck, drip-tip can get wedged on if tightened too much] - I would still recommend it. Easy enough work around those little niggles. The deck moving isn't that bad when building on, and you're not going to build every week or anything. Wicking is easy, and the cap, just barely tighten until you meet slight resistance and it'll not get stuck on there.

if flavour isn't your priosity, the herakles RTA-2 is a monster, and very simple to build on. It'll fit any kind of coil. Flavopur isn't bad, nothing on the Mage, but it packs a punch, you can really push the wattage with it and it's a satisfying vape.

I use and love both.

Then there's the humble old Cleito with the RTA section. Despite having those other ones, the Cleito RTA is still my main go-to. Possibly one of the best all-rounder RTA tanks around still. Good flavour and chucks too if you want it. You can fit up to 3.5mm coils in there even though the deck looks small. I've done it, with ss wire at least. 3mm for Claptons or other fancy wire maybe.

My top two tanks & easy to build & fill is...

Griffin 25 Plus...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qP4Xg9yMBc

Ijoy Combo....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drjYvgTNFaQ

Great advice there lads, thanks.

OK, so the Tornado Nano is great, but it's time to upgrade the mod.

I've spent my vape tokens for this month, so I'm looking for something cheap-ish

It must be 24ml wide, have around 80w and be less than 60 yo yos.

Any suggestions.

btw, I like the look of this

http://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_278093.html

OK, so the Tornado Nano is great, but it's time to upgrade the mod.

I've spent my vape tokens for this month, so I'm looking for something cheap-ish

It must be 24ml wide, have around 80w and be less than 60 yo yos.

Any suggestions.

btw, I like the look of this

http://m.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_278093.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/735-wismec-reuleaux-rx200s-tc-express-kit.html
    Irishvape for 10% off

jno547 wrote: »

Yeah, I love that, but I travel a lot and only take a single battery charger with me, so I'd prefer to have a single battery mod.

Yeah, I love that, but I travel a lot and only take a single battery charger with me, so I'd prefer to have a single battery mod.

Not sure of a single battery mod but the Coolfire should take the Tornado for a flush fit,excellent built in battery also.
    http://e-smokeireland.com/product/innokin-coolfire-iv-tc-express/

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote:
    Not sure of a single battery mod but the Coolfire should take the Tornado for a flush fit,excellent built in battery also.

The 510 on the tornado nano is too long for the coolfire. It will work fine but it leaves a gap between the tank and the mod

Advertisement