Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

I've used the China route for purchasing before and yes you can save up to 50% on items but when you add the wait,4/6 weeks,the possibility of Customs charges,the eventual delivery and only to open and find a problem such as a broken tank, any savings are quickly forgotten about when this happens, now I stick to Irish vendors in the main, next day delivery,any problem sorted with an email or phone call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

My last few purchases were over here. Bought a mod from Elixir in Mallow and have to say, they are a pleasure to deal with. Also bought from my local iVape, which is my go-to for things I want now.

But I have had that sour experience too, when you walk into a shop looking for guidance, you do expect them to pay a little attention, and act like they care about your custom. It's not much to ask that they don't act like they're too busy, or as if you're interrupting them. That goes for all kinds of vendors though, I've experienced the same buying camera gear. I've walked out of a shop dumping what I had picked up to buy, because I felt invisible, in the past. Ordering online skips all the BS no matter where you buy from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I've used the China route for purchasing before and yes you can save up to 50% on items but when you add the wait,4/6 weeks,the possibility of Customs charges,the eventual delivery and only to open and find a problem such as a broken tank, any savings are quickly forgotten about when this happens, now I stick to Irish vendors in the main, next day delivery,any problem sorted with an email or phone call.

This in a big way,the customer service here is second to none,i can remember jumping in a car and driving an hour with a replacement mod for one that went missing in shipping for a customer that bought it as a birthday gift for someone.any problems I had with products from irish vendors have always been sorted quick sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I got an eLeaf iCare in Vapourpal. Love it so far, the first tank was spitting like mad but it's been fine since the second. It's tiny. I have to put my finger mostly over the air hole to get the draw I want but my thumb lands there naturally anyway. Can't go wrong for 20 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Blackstar2081

Hey guys, complete newbie here in terms of vaping.

Anybody wanna suggest a good online vender?
    Also a good beginner kit? I'm a bit lost when it comes to the ins and outs of it all.

I'm a light user who wants to use zero nicotine vapes just to help at the times when cravings are kicking me in the teeth and I need something to distract myself :P

I can't post a link at the moment but check out the Joyetech AIO, pen style mod and tank all in one. Good device for your needs I'd say. For 0 nic juice try one with a high pg ratio,this will give you a better throat hit and ease the cravings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

I can't post a link at the moment but check out the Joyetech AIO, pen style mod and tank all in one. Good device for your needs I'd say. For 0 nic juice try one with a high pg ratio,this will give you a better throat hit and ease the cravings.

Probably not the right thread to continue this but I know some people are having trouble with getting the right coils for this AIO . I think ( haven't tried this myself yet but my brother has ) the .6 ohm MTL coil seems to be a good one for the smoker trying to give up . Does anyone else have an opinion on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

jonski wrote: »
    Probably not the right thread to continue this but I know some people are having trouble with getting the right coils for this AIO . I think ( haven't tried this myself yet but my brother has ) the .6 ohm MTL coil seems to be a good one for the smoker trying to give up . Does anyone else have an opinion on this ?

Smoker trying to give up. I ordered one of these which should be with me tomorrow. I'll update when I get it. I think it comes with .6 coils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hey guys, complete newbie here in terms of vaping.

Anybody wanna suggest a good online vender?
    Also a good beginner kit? I'm a bit lost when it comes to the ins and outs of it all.

I'm a light user who wants to use zero nicotine vapes just to help at the times when cravings are kicking me in the teeth and I need something to distract myself :P

You buy the AIO here...http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/713-joyetech-ego-aio.html and you can get 0mg nicotine eliquid from here...http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/liqua-eliquid/12-10ml-liqua-eliquid.html

To use the AIO,press & hold fire button & vape it like you would with a cig...

Here is a youtube video,move the video on 12 mins & review starts...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzc96z1gne0

• Advertisement

Smoker trying to give up. I ordered one of these which should be with me tomorrow. I'll update when I get it. I think it comes with .6 coils.

Never tried the AIO but good luck with it,what nicotine strength did you get in your eliquid,a smoker normally starts off with 18mg or 24mg,picking either will depend on how many fags you smoke a day,I'm vaping 8 years & still on 24mg:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Yeah comes with the .6 coil. Seems perfect for what I want.
    Never tried the AIO but good luck with it,what nicotine strength did you get in your eliquid,a smoker normally starts off with 18mg or 24mg,picking either will depend on how many fags you smoke a day,I'm vaping 8 years & still on 24mg:D:D

Thanks, seems a great device so far. I was very surprised at the kind of hit you get from it. I went with a sample pack which included 5 different 10ml bottles. They have sent them all with 18mg. Seems to be good choice judging on the vape for what I was smoking.

One question. When I press down on the button just as I am about to vape it often makes what sometimes is like a fairly loud crackling sound. Is that normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

One question. When I press down on the button just as I am about to vape it often makes what sometimes is like a fairly loud crackling sound. Is that normal?

Fairly normal.

Yeah comes with the .6 coil. Seems perfect for what I want.

Thanks, seems a great device so far. I was very surprised at the kind of hit you get from it. I went with a sample pack which included 5 different 10ml bottles. They have sent them all with 18mg. Seems to be good choice judging on the vape for what I was smoking.

As Moley says,it is normal,if you had control with power mode,you could drop down the power & that will mute the sound of crackling but then you will lose your throat hit,different juices react with different sounds & some have no sounds at all,just airflow noise & sometimes whistling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Can anyone recommend a good UK vendor? I have used Vapeclub several times, but i am over in London for the week and wanted to take advantage of the exchange rates.

Can anyone recommend a good UK vendor? I have used Vapeclub several times, but i am over in London for the week and wanted to take advantage of the exchange rates.

https://greyhaze.co.uk

https://www.cremedevape.com/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/sec0e3ee79eb8/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Categories/Big_Battery_Mods/Box_Mods

Both excellent vendors,POTV10 for discount at Greyhaze, I have one somewhere for creme as well,I'll post it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

I've bought from noble vaping in London. They seem decent

Evolutionvaping are another decent one. Vaping101 and boldvape too.

Ukecigstore sometimes have decent prices, especially in sales, but normally a bit expensive.

No1ejuice normally have great prices on liquid too.

I'd say you'll have plenty of choices in London to visit,they will empty your wallet fast if shinyitis plays a part of it:D:D:D

Anyone know if the white minikin v2 has a gloss finish or 'rubbery'?

Waiting in a response from the vendor but said I'd check here. I thinks its glossy.

• Advertisement

moleyv wrote: »

Waiting in a response from the vendor but said I'd check here. I thinks its glossy.

All the reviewers seem to have the black one,I did find a purple one & that has the rubbery feel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lArBbZQvvk

All the reviewers seem to have the black one,I did find a purple one & that has the rubbery feel...

Yeah vapnfagan in a round about way said in his review that the red and one other weird name one were glossy and corrected himself when he said the white was glossy. It looks glossy to me so hard to know really.

White is a glossy finish yds :)
    Personally I'd prefer the rubberised finish,more durable and better grip.

White is a glossy finish yds Personally I'd prefer the rubberised finish,more durable and better grip.

The link is the v1.5 though.

I've never had a minkin because I want a white version with the rubberised finish. I'm hoping the v2 white isn't glossy.

The vaoprflask dna133 looks lovely but reports of low battery ****e. Which is odd. Maybe they just didn't have their settings right in escribe.

The link is the v1.5 though.

I've never had a minkin because I want a white version with the rubberised finish. I'm hoping the v2 white isn't glossy.

The vaoprflask dna133 looks lovely but reports of low battery ****e. Which is odd. Maybe they just didn't have their settings right in escribe.

Apologies for that link, I'm Minikined out at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

http://www.bargainvapour.com/JOYETECH_EVIC_VT_FULL_KIT_in_stock!/p1274299_14276099.aspx

Thinking of buying the above. Currently have an eleaf 30w istick, using a nautalis mini tank.

Anyone got one, thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

http://www.bargainvapour.com/JOYETECH_EVIC_VT_FULL_KIT_in_stock!/p1274299_14276099.aspx

Thinking of buying the above. Currently have an eleaf 30w istick, using a nautalis mini tank.

It's pretty big, old and expensive. Does have a huge battery though.

Not sure how good the tank is either, personally haven't found anything better than a Nautilus.

overpriced for a start. The joyetech tanks are a bit hit and miss too. I'd avoid.

Do you really like the nautilus mini? The regular nautilus might be an option, you can use the same coils.

I'd get an ipower from eleaf for a built in battery mod. Would last you ages using it with a nautilus. And it wouldn't be as big as that Evic.

If you want to switch your style of vaping or want to try building your own coils I'm sure we could suggest something too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Thanks guys, I'm pretty novice to it.

I like the Nautilus well enough but I find that after two to three weeks the coils are burned and I have to change them.

I burn around 10w so looking for something good and sturdy.

I recently bought a VG heavy vape though so that could account for the coils wearing out quicker than normal.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I'm pretty novice to it.

I like the Nautilus well enough but I find that after two to three weeks the coils are burned and I have to change them.

I burn around 10w so looking for something good and sturdy.

I recently bought a VG heavy vape though so that could account for the coils wearing out quicker than normal.

2-3 weeks is very good. they cost about 3e right?

do you like the restricted draw from the nautilus mini? Or would you be open to something more airy. More airy tanks will produce more vapour which some people can be a bit self conscious about.

There are some pretty nice options if you wanted to build your own coils. I'm sure you realise by now the coils are cotton wrapped around a metal coil. The nice thing about building your own, besides saving money, is when you notice a dip in flavour, or burnt taste, you can just pull out the cotton, heat up (dry burn) the coil, rinse it off, then put in new cotton. Replace the cotton and its like having a brand new coil.

If you want to stick to pre made coils choices are more limited if you want a restricted draw. There are quite a few small all in one devices for relatively cheap too.

Advertisement