Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The Alien just takes a little getting used to. Once you get the hang of 3 click to menu, long pressing the fire 'bar' in the options menu to select, and the left right buttons to scroll through, you'll be flying. Stick to power mode for now, and normal strength. And whatever coil you use for a comfortable vape, you want to be in around 4.2 volts. Keep an eye on the volts as you press to fire, if it shoots up past 4.5 or so, you want to power down the watts, if it's below, crank it up a bit. This is one handy way to get a good solid vape when you're still learning about ohms, volts, watts etc ...

As for lung inhaling, I remember the first time I tried it I almost imploded :D I had been a mouth-to-lung vaper for a long while, and when the Atlantis came out I tried it in a vape shop. I still ended up leaving with one, and got well used to it that evening. I don't think i have done a MTL hit since! And that was a couple year ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

+1 for the wismec, I'm using it with the smok beast, it comes with the option of 2 or 3 battery operation, I'm vaping at 125 watts and and for me it's the sweet spot, the mod comes with a choice of 2 backing plates, in the 2 battery configuration it's very comfortable in the hand, it's a bit bulky with the 3 battery backing plate, and I have to say in my 3 years of vaping I have never enjoyed it as much as I am now, between the wismec and the tank the flavours are absolutely outstanding, highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Anyone tried the ipv D3? It looks pretty good, but I'm looking for something that will take a 24mm rta.

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/pioneer4you-ipv-d3-80w/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I have never bought a DNA mod before but I do like this one because it's heavy & sits on the table nicely & it looks good.
    The RDTA tank has a big deck & the posts are far apart which is ideal for long spaced SS/Ni coils...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJv7IIFmR_A

I have never bought a DNA mod before but I do like this one because it's heavy & sits on the table nicely & it looks good.
    The RDTA tank has a big deck & the posts are far apart which is ideal for long spaced SS/Ni coils...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJv7IIFmR_A

Crazy looking thing :D I bet it's comfy in hand though?

• Advertisement

Crazy looking thing :D I bet it's comfy in hand though?

That's just what I was thinking with or without the rubber sleeve,did you hear anything about the DNA 75 board having issues,I heard Grimm chatting about it but nothing specific about it.

Nah, I've never actually owned a DNA device. Sounds too fiddly for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Anyone tried the Aspire PockeX? I'm using 2 iCares ATM but they're a bit of a bitch to fill on the go.

I had a nautilus X and the coils were rubbish, but I think they've updated them since.

EGriff wrote: »
    Anyone tried the Aspire PockeX? I'm using 2 iCares ATM but they're a bit of a bitch to fill on the go.

I had a nautilus X and the coils were rubbish, but I think they've updated them since.

I bought 2 a few weeks ago & I find their new 0.6 coils (also fits the NautilusX) are brilliant,great wicking,I can't tell you what the baterry is like because of the way I vape,I do use them about 6 times a day & I have filled the tanks twice in 3 weeks & I have never charged them yet,they are still showing the blue light (fully charged)
    These new coils would be fantastic in your X,a massive improvement,on the Pockex they give you a restricted lung hit,perfect for me & a slightly airy MTL which I can live with but I prefer doing a DL on all my tanks,I find it more satisfying.
    Aspire has certainly come out with a gooden this time,I see the Bestshop are selling spare tanks now for the Pockex,hope this helps...

For all you sqonkers out there,an rdta with a sqonking pin,use your sqonk mod to fill the tank instead of the deck,less chance of overfilling the deck like you would on a rda...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZEKLUJKfgU

http://www.bombertech.com/product/pindad-ss-driptank-black/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭125 Lime St

Whats 95% vg like to vape?

I got a load of it in an order by mistake(not my mistake).I usually vape the 50/50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Thanks,might have to crack it open,the seller hasn't responded yet to the messed up order

I have 3 liters of it tho....so sending it back with postage will be costly

I don't know why any company claims 100% or 95% VG, that would mean there was none or only 5% between flavoring and nicotine. Chances are it's more likely to be 80% VG at most. I mix my own juices and they end up in around that after I add nic and flavoring.

The nicotine they use could well be VG based, but still, that means very little flavoring. The average % flavoring in store bought juices is 15 - 20% and all flavorings are PG based.

The nicotine they use could well be VG based, but still, that means very little flavoring. The average % flavoring in store bought juices is 15 - 20% and all flavorings are PG based.

The stuff I get is unflavored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Depends on your tank, a lot of them will dry hit like mad because the holes are too small to wick juice that thick. That said I vape 80Vg in a nautilus and an iCare with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

all flavorings are PG based.

Not necessarily, there is at least one brand of flavorings I know of that are vg based

Garyt82 wrote: »
    Not necessarily, there is at least one brand of flavorings I know of that are vg based

There is no way any non over priced juice makers are using them. If they were they wouldn't claim 95% VG for a start, as they could actually do it 100%. But it's harder work with, more expensive and not worth the bother.

If you mean Real flavors? they're pretty new to the scene also. Manufacturers have been claiming "90+% VG" for years

If you mean Real flavors? they're pretty new to the scene also. Manufacturers have been claiming "90+% VG" for years

Yeah, real flavours. Im sure you're right and no manufacturer is using them. They are actually pretty cheap though. Chefs were selling them for 2 pounds a bottle 6 or 7 months ago. Not sure what they charge now though. I did see another brand over the weekend doing vg based concentrate but can't for the life of me remember who it was

Garyt82 wrote: »
    Yeah, real flavours. Im sure you're right and no manufacturer is using them. They are actually pretty cheap though. Chefs were selling them for 2 pounds a bottle 6 or 7 months ago. Not sure what they charge now though. I did see another brand over the weekend doing vg based concentrate but can't for the life of me remember who it was

It sounds good, VG based flavorings, but I don't think I'd try them. PG helps bring out the flavors better in mixes, and keeps the consistency that bit thinner for better wicking. I do like to be in around 80% VG though, mixes are sweeter and you get 'creamier' vape in general.

• Advertisement

It sounds good, VG based flavorings, but I don't think I'd try them. PG helps bring out the flavors better in mixes, and keeps the consistency that bit thinner for better wicking. I do like to be in around 80% VG though, mixes are sweeter and you get 'creamier' vape in general.

Again id have to agree. I mixed mine at 70/30 usually. However I did do a little test mix yesterday at 94% vg. Just 6% concentrate and the rest vg. No NIC or pg as I didn't want to waste it in a tester. It's a very smooth vape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Cloud House are also doing their own VG concentrate now.

Hey Guys!

We've got lots of news for you. So in case you have not heard iVape has opened a second store in Maynooth 3 Geraldine Court, Doctors Lane, Maynooth. We're throwing a massive Cloud Party there on Saturday 28th January at 5.30pm. There will be a fun trickz competition, cloud competition, build demos and lots of FREE giveaways on the night. Feel free to bring your own beer, so get it in your diary and pop on over and meet some of the new crew!

We will be attending Vapefest 2017 on Saturday February 4th in Galway! We hope to see you there! It'll be a great day.

We are also redesigning our website at the moment so your shopping experience will be greatly improved! We hope you will love the new look!

Patww79 wrote: »

When you say adjustable & same fitting as an istick,do you mean a 510 threading so all tanks can screw on to it & got to be cylindrical.
    This is old hat but do you mean something like this but smaller in length & this takes one 18650 battery http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/287-smoktech-sid-vv-vw-mod.html

this will fit a triton mini or any 20mm tank

These came out about 4 years ago around 60 odd euros to buy,there are others like this in the Bestshop going for under 20.

I forgot to mention,these type of mods will only work with high ohm coils,it doesn't exactly say in the listing,my guess would be 1.2 ohm coil will be the lowest that this will work with...

• Advertisement

Perfect...

Advertisement