Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

Anybody know some good pink mods that take 18650s? Has to be pink!! Have my whole family on vapes now and trying to keep them sorted. The sister won't use anything that isn't pink but keeps running out of battery and is like a demon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

chipfox wrote: »
    Anybody know some good pink mods that take 18650s? Has to be pink!! Have my whole family on vapes now and trying to keep them sorted. The sister won't use anything that isn't pink but keeps running out of battery and is like a demon

You can get the Pico in pink with matching o-rings for the tank: http://www.ezsmoke.ie/advanced-kits-mods-c-82/804-istick-pico-75w-tc-melo-iii-kit.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Anyone getting bored of the Irish vendors, keep having to look to the UK for anything of interest.

moleyv wrote: »
    Anyone getting bored of the Irish vendors, keep having to look to the UK for anything of interest.

I only use them for stuff in a hurry, when I'm in no rush it is always better to shop further afield. I would much prefer to only shop nationwide, but they just cannot compete price-wise, nor selection-wise in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hi all, Im just looking for your recommendations on a vaping pen for less than 50 euro, The last one I had broke when I accidentally sat on it, so I'm looking for something more durable. Cheers in advance.

• Advertisement

Anyone any thoughts on this?

Get an aspire pocket x. That is overpriced and just looks like a rebranded Chinese pile of junk probably worth a tenner.

Get an aspire pocket x. That is overpriced and just looks like a rebranded Chinese pile of junk probably worth a tenner.

Agreed!

Why pay more for something flimsier? when you can get a decent make cheaper, and in Ireland: http://www.ezsmoke.ie/electronic-cigarette-kits-c-53/993-aspire-pockex.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I only use them for stuff in a hurry, when I'm in no rush it is always better to shop further afield. I would much prefer to only shop nationwide, but they just cannot compete price-wise, nor selection-wise in many cases.

I use ESI and The Best Shop almost exclusively. I'd be interested in what others you use though, as I am getting a bit tired of their range.

I have looked at UK E-Cigstore and the Vape Club. Not sure who else is good out there.

I used to buy loads of kit but toned it down. On a few occasions now I've been tempted to treat myself, but end up buying from the UK.

The Irish sites 'generally' seem like a vortex into the '1990s' of vaping. Nothing new.

For the UK, I typically use vaping101, greyhaze, evolution vaping, vapegeek and bold vape

Edit to add: I mostly use ESI for Irish stores and mostly because of their castleblack liquid.

• Advertisement

OBS Engine arrived today. very impressed so far, a nice change from the avocado

I use ESI and The Best Shop almost exclusively. I'd be interested in what others you use though, as I am getting a bit tired of their range.

I have looked at UK E-Cigstore and the Vape Club. Not sure who else is good out there.

I'm including China in that though, which means a long wait, I don't mind this for mods or tanks.

For DIY I hit DarkStar for supplies but I still buy my bottles and some concentrates from http://picknmixdiy.com, as they are quick and reliable and their 100ml bottles are better than most. They also have a fewconcentrates I can never find elsewhere.

For mods/tanks hardware I'll either wait from Fasttech or Gearbest, or get it locally in iVape, as it's only down the road.

You can get 2 mods for the price of one here at times, if you catch the flash sales on the Chinese sites.

I've used ESI and the others here too, but most of them are just too dear to buy hardware from and their selection never matches even random UK sites. I just random searched 2 there and the selection is probably better than most vendors over here and if you use Parcel motel or AddressPal no more expensive either.

https://www.e-cigshop.co.uk
    https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/mods/variable-power-regulated

Agreed!

Why pay more for something flimsier? when you can get a decent make cheaper, and in Ireland: http://www.ezsmoke.ie/electronic-cigarette-kits-c-53/993-aspire-pockex.html

They seem very similar in design, from the reviews I've read of the void is not flimsy at all and I've seen a few people say the glass can crack on the pockex although I'm not too concerned about that.The main plus of the void is adjustable air flow, I also quiet like the look of the void. The Aspire is probably the safer bet, Is it worth paying 14euro extra for the adjustable air flow.

They seem very similar in design, from the reviews I've read of the void is not flimsy at all and I've seen a few people say the glass can crack on the pockex although I'm not too concerned about that.The main plus of the void is adjustable air flow, I also quiet like the look of the void. The Aspire is probably the safer bet, Is it worth paying 14euro extra for the adjustable air flow.

Sounds like you're convincing yourself ;) I know which I would buy, but hey, whatever you'd be happiest with it the correct choice.

Sounds like you're convincing yourself ;) I know which I would buy, but hey, whatever you'd be happiest with it the correct choice.

Perhaps Im convincing myself, but I have yet to see a definite reason on how the Pockex is better. Just cause the Pockex is good doesn't mean the Void is crap, I suppose it's hard to be impartial when you only have experience with one of the devices, anyways cheers for your recommendation.

Perhaps Im convincing myself, but I have yet to see a definite reason on how the Pockex is better. Just cause the Pockex is good doesn't mean the Void is crap, I suppose it's hard to be impartial when you only have experience with one of the devices, anyways cheers for your recommendation.

Well I suggested the Pockex because it's received good reviews, it's cheaper than the one you linked - and I've never heard of the Void, which usually means it's not great. I don't use any of these devices, but a friend has a Pockex, she's just started vaping a couple of months back and she loves it. But again, whatever you think will work best, so long as it keeps you off the smelly fags! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

You're asking experienced vapers to offer advice on a device they've never heard of, made by a company they've never heard of.

The pockex, on the other hand, is made by one of the best known brands in the business so you'd be hard pushed to find any one here advising against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Good service from www.thevapeclub.ie

Went to order a pockex and coils for the mother. Site stuck on a loading loop when I tried to check out. Messaged the page, Anthony got back to me within 5 minutes, saying he got his tech guy to look into it. I asked could I just PayPal him the money.

That was grand, and it was posted first thing this morning, and I was sent a tracking number. Wasn't expecting a tracking number, as the postage price was the same as all the other vendors who just use regular post.

Happy with him. Will purchase again. Good prices compared to other Irish vendors too.

You're asking experienced vapers to offer advice on a device they've never heard of, made by a company they've never heard of.

The pockex, on the other hand, is made by one of the best known brands in the business so you'd be hard pushed to find any one here advising against it.

I have no idea what device's the vapers on here have or have not heard of, If I knew that much I probably wouldn't need to ask for recommendations in the first place.

Pockex is clearly a very good device I can't disagree with that.

Does airflow regulation add anything to the vaping experience?

Happy with him. Will purchase again. Good prices compared to other Irish vendors too.

Thanks for the recommendation. Didn't hear of them until now. Good selection compared to my recent criticism of other Irish vendors selection.

Will be making an order.

• Advertisement

I have no idea what device's the vapers on here have or have not heard of, If I knew that much I probably wouldn't need to ask for recommendations in the first place.

Depends on the coil you're using, with a sub ohm coil, I would just always have the airflow wide open. With a 1ohm+ coil, you might close it off a little, but it's really down to personal taste and how you vape. If you tend to mouth-to-lung vape you'll be closing it right down, where if you direct lung hit, you'll have it half to full on most tanks.

On the vendor side, I must say, ESI impressed me earlier. I ordered a few bits and got a call about 30 mins later to say they didn't have one item in stock. Wanted to know was here anything I would like instead, I chose something that was a little more expensive and they were fine with it. I only order occasionally from them because they may not have what I want, or prices might be dearer than elsewhere, but that it one thing about any Irish vendor. They are much more easily reachable, and they do tend to respond quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Thanks for the recommendation. Didn't hear of them until now. Good selection compared to my recent criticism of other Irish vendors selection.

Will be making an order.

He's been around for a few years now, used to sell out of his car though fb groups :pac: always offered warranties and such, though. Eventually he opened a shop in Mulhuddart, then the site just this week.

He helped me out of a bind nearly 18 months ago. Bottle burst in my bag, breaking my istick on my way to work. Dude drove from kinsealy to clondalkin to sell me a new one at a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Sometimes the coil can influence the airflow/drag so that even if there is no airflow control the coil opening will still only allow so much air through . ( tbh I think I am struggling to explain this properly even to myself ) . So I would imagine the 1.5 or 1.8 coils would be the traditional mouth to lung style . As always I am open to correction .

It's always a good idea to have a look at some youtube reviews with some of the bigger reviewers .

But you can't beat the experience of finding someone that has it and asking for a go, not always easy I know but great if you can . Second is to take the advice from the people in here as they have both a good idea and have given out the same advice over and over again . Give them as much info about your smoking habits or what you have already tried and they will give their opinions .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Nobody has said the Void is crap,it's just that we have never heard of it,whereas the Pockex is owned by a good few new & experienced vapors here & they can recommend the Pockex.
    I'm vaping over 8 years now & I have never heard or seen a review of the Void & I watch most of the experience reviewers on Youtube to see what is new in our vaping World.
    I bought 2 x Pockex 3 months ago & I must say,it's the best starter kit out there & their 0.6 new coils are fantastic which gives me 2 options,mouth to lung & a restricted direct lung vape,which I love.
    All glass tanks can break,all depends on the user,I have never broke one yet.
    Using the 0.6 ohm coil,the battery life is excellent compared to other kits that can sub-ohm.
    So I can recommend the Pockex to anyone that wants to try it & it's only €24,you can buy spare glass tanks if one's job entails construction or similar but that goes for all mods & tanks...
    Hope this helps,the main thing is to stay off the smokes...

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/829-aspire-pockex-aio-starter-kit.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

This is made by Xeo, a German company. This is a link to their product page:-
    http://www.xeocigs.com/us/products/starter-kits/xeo-void-vaporizer-starter-kit.html

Basic TPD compliant starter kit. You can buy direct from the company for just shy of 49 euros inc shipping. A friend of mine had one, a bit underwhelming to be honest. It was reasonably well built though and is not a cheap quality Chinese vape although undoubtedly made there.
    The other options that are suggested in this thread would probably be a better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vapely

chipfox wrote: »

Kangertech Topbox Nano ($44)
    Kangertech Subox Nano ($42)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Ok, I've been a solid ESI user since I've started vaping. In shop and online. However I am probably paying too much going by the discussions on this thread. I think I'm going to buy a Pockex, some extra coils and probably some juice. Could someone suggest some decent sites where I could pick this up ?
    Thnaks in advance !

Cheers, What is this site like on delivery time?

Cheers, What is this site like on delivery time?

2 days from ordering & delivery by Fastway Couriers or pick AnPost if that suits you better,order before 1pm to get next day delivery.

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »
    Ok, I've been a solid ESI user since I've started vaping. In shop and online. However I am probably paying too much going by the discussions on this thread. I think I'm going to buy a Pockex, some extra coils and probably some juice. Could someone suggest some decent sites where I could pick this up ?
    Thnaks in advance !

The best site is The Bestshop,the link is above this post...Or should I say...the last post I made.

Advertisement