Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

14murphy wrote: »
    Ok, I've been a solid ESI user since I've started vaping. In shop and online. However I am probably paying too much going by the discussions on this thread. I think I'm going to buy a Pockex, some extra coils and probably some juice. Could someone suggest some decent sites where I could pick this up ?
    Thnaks in advance !

The best site is The Bestshop,the link is above this post...Or should I say...the last post I made.
    Haha thanks dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

In fairness to the vendors lads if its price that's your main issue €24 seems to be what most of the vendors mentioned are charging. Even the UK sites when you look at it are around that mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    In fairness to the vendors lads if its price that's your main issue €24 seems to be what most of the vendors mentioned are charging. Even the UK sites when you look at it are around that mark.

I've seen it on Irish sites for anything up to €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I have seen that too Cagey but in The Vape Club, ESI and Best Shop that were mentioned they're €24

would purchasing a Pockex be an un upgrade from an Aspire Triton Mini and a Smok knock off iStick ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Don't forget "boards" gets you 10% off orders over €40 at ESI and "irishvape" gets 10% off orders over €20 at the best shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

would purchasing a Pockex be an un upgrade from an Aspire Triton Mini and a Smok knock off iStick ?

Definitely not,the Pockex is only a starter kit with no air control,it has power but you don't have control of the power which is why it is more for beginners,you just fill it & press a button,I bought 2 for curiosity & the convenience on nights out...

I don't have a Triton mini but I do have a Triton which is just a bit bigger & that has adjustable air flow & I think it has juice flow control as well if my memory serves me right.
    The iStick,has a chip which you can control in Watts power mode,some iSticks have Temperature Control which again can be controlled by you & they all give you an ohms reading of the coil which gives you a good idea of what Watts you should set it to.
    I would call that a middle of the road set-up.

Advance vaping would be the next step up from istick/triton like building your own coils with different types of wire like Nickel,Titanium,SS & Kanthal,you can decide what ohms you want by the diameter of the coil,the number of wire wraps you use & whether you want micro or spaced coils,these factors will change on different types of tanks like an RTA,RDTA & RDA,they will all have different designs of coil decks & different ways of wicking,once you are into advanced vaping you will want to mix your own liquid:D:D:D
    All these different technique's from starter kits to advanced vaping gets a lot of us off the smokes & can become a hobby if you let it,like me:D:D

Definitely not,the Pockex is only a starter kit with no air control,it has power but you don't have control of the power which is why it is more for beginners,you just fill it & press a button,I bought 2 for curiosity & the convenience on nights out...

I don't have a Triton mini but I do have a Triton which is just a bit bigger & that has adjustable air flow & I think it has juice flow control as well if my memory serves me right.
    The iStick,has a chip which you can control in Watts power mode,some iSticks have Temperature Control which again can be controlled by you & they all give you an ohms reading of the coil which gives you a good idea of what Watts you should set it to.
    I would call that a middle of the road set-up.

Advance vaping would be the next step up from istick/triton like building your own coils with different types of wire like Nickel,Titanium,SS & Kanthal,you can decide what ohms you want by the diameter of the coil,the number of wire wraps you use & whether you want micro or spaced coils,these factors will change on different types of tanks like an RTA,RDTA & RDA,they will all have different designs of coil decks & different ways of wicking,once you are into advanced vaping you will want to mix your own liquid:D:D:D
    All these different technique's from starter kits to advanced vaping gets a lot of us off the smokes & can become a hobby if you let it,like me:D:D
    Yeh I get ya. I've been vaping for around 5 years. Tbh I thought the Pockex was quite cool looking. However I think I will just upgrade my tank and pick up an Atlantis EVO. One question I got is will I be able to use it prperly with .4 ohm coils as my iStick knock off only reaches 40 watts ?

Yeh I get ya. I've been vaping for around 5 years. Tbh I thought the Pockex was quite cool looking. However I think I will just upgrade my tank and pick up an Atlantis EVO. One question I got is will I be able to use it prperly with .4 ohm coils as my iStick knock off only reaches 40 watts ?

Does the istick knock off go to .4,some of these knock offs will not work on a low resistance,you can only try it.
    40w max will have a tough time heating the coil up,after a few vapes you might get the low battery warning on the istick.
    Me personally,I would dump it because you can't rely on that perfect vape you expect...
    I would go for a 75w or 80w mod with TC,you may need it at a later date...

Does the istick knock off go to .4,some of these knock offs will not work on a low resistance,you can only try it.
    40w max will have a tough time heating the coil up,after a few vapes you might get the low battery warning on the istick.
    Me personally,I would dump it because you can't rely on that perfect vape you expect...
    I would go for a 75w or 80w mod with TC,you may need it at a later date...
    Could you possibly suggest one ?

• Advertisement

Could you possibly suggest one ?

The Pico 75w is a great mod & it works in watts & TC mode,You can get this one which comes with a Melo III tank which is excellent as well,buying this kit means you are only paying €14 for the tank,you will also need a 18650 battery & charging is done through the supplied usb cable http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/685-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-kit.html

Or you can just buy the mod on its own http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/739-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-express-kit.html

I think the kit with the Melo III is a better buy,at least you'll have a spare tank for an extra €14.

And you will need one battery or you can buy 2 & have a spare...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/527-samsung-inr-18650-25r-2500mah-30a-battery.html

IRISHVAPE will get you 10% off

The Pico 75w is a great mod & it works in watts & TC mode,You can get this one which comes with a Melo III tank which is excellent as well,buying this kit means you are only paying €14 for the tank,you will also need a 18650 battery & charging is done through the supplied usb cable http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/685-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-kit.html

Or you can just buy the mod on its own http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/739-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-express-kit.html

I think the kit with the Melo III is a better buy,at least you'll have a spare tank for an extra €14.

And you will need one battery or you can buy 2 & have a spare...
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/527-samsung-inr-18650-25r-2500mah-30a-battery.html

IRISHVAPE will get you 10% off

You're a gent. Thank you for all your help !!

You're a gent. Thank you for all your help !!

If you decide to go with the kit,you can order extra coils for the Melo III
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/692-eleaf-ec-atomizer-head.html
    I would get the 0.3ohm or the 0.5ohm,they do TC coils for it as well if you fancy trying them at a later date.

Keep away from the Notch coil,they can spit back at you...

If it's a Smok, it's not a knock off :D A lot of the big companies have similar-ish designs. Just look at any new RDTA, it'll be much the same as the next.

can anyone give me a heads up on the Baby Beast versus the Cleito?

I fancy something new, that uses stock coils for when I am traveling and both of these caught my eye.

I'm also considering the OSUB 80w mod as well, if anyone has any opinions on this?

If you decide to go with the kit,you can order extra coils for the Melo III
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/692-eleaf-ec-atomizer-head.html
    I would get the 0.3ohm or the 0.5ohm,they do TC coils for it as well if you fancy trying them at a later date.

Keep away from the Notch coil,they can spit back at you...

So I'm over €100 lighter but happy with my purchases. I also picked up a few extra coils ! What does TC mean I presume its the type of metal used in the coil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Newbie question.

Do I need a special pen to vape CBD oil?
    Can someone recommend one?

Newbie question.

I know canavape do a great deal with some cbd oil and a pockex for a decent price so I presume most will work.

can anyone give me a heads up on the Baby Beast versus the Cleito?

I fancy something new, that uses stock coils for when I am traveling and both of these caught my eye.

I'm also considering the OSUB 80w mod as well, if anyone has any opinions on this?

I have both and use them regular. Hard to say which is better between the original Cleito and BB, depends on your vape style. The Cleito, IMO, is better for those who don't like pushing the wattage mad high. The 0.4 coils in or around 40-50w will give a very solid vape and very good flavor. Forget the 0.2 coils, they're crap.

The Baby beast has a better coil selection, it's a neater tank, and would be preferable for those who like to push wattage beyond 60-70w. I have the T6 0.2 coils here atm, and it's grand at 80w. One big niggle with it: the fill port is tiny! anything bar needle tip bottles and you risk splurts when filling. Other than that it's a great little tank. But I would give the nod to the Cleito for flavour production, which is most important to me.

If you want something beefier than both, look to the Cleito 120. The coils for that are brill [0.16 ss], anywhere between 70 - 120w, depending on how hot you like your vape. Great flavour, just like the original, but beefier, and larger juice capacity. I also have the RBA deck for this, but still like to use the coils on side. I've gotten near 2 weeks from one coil, and I switch flavors a lot.

Newbie question.

My understanding is you don't need a special device but the cbd will gunk up the coils like there's no tomorrow. You'd want to be using a rebuildable I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

My understanding is you don't need a special device but the cbd will gunk up the coils like there's no tomorrow. You'd want to be using a rebuildable I'd say

I'd image that depends on the juice. I've some CBD in an icare for a few months now and the same coil is still going strong.

So I'm over €100 lighter but happy with my purchases. I also picked up a few extra coils ! What does TC mean I presume its the type of metal used in the coil.

Nice one,you have a good set-up now..
    Check out this video,it will seem overwhelming for the first 10 minutes but he explains TC better later on in the video,any questions you may have,I'll answer them when I get home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx2ZbNR-hHA

I have both and use them regular. Hard to say which is better between the original Cleito and BB, depends on your vape style. The Cleito, IMO, is better for those who don't like pushing the wattage mad high. The 0.4 coils in or around 40-50w will give a very solid vape and very good flavor. Forget the 0.2 coils, they're crap.

The Baby beast has a better coil selection, it's a neater tank, and would be preferable for those who like to push wattage beyond 60-70w. I have the T6 0.2 coils here atm, and it's grand at 80w. One big niggle with it: the fill port is tiny! anything bar needle tip bottles and you risk splurts when filling. Other than that it's a great little tank. But I would give the nod to the Cleito for flavour production, which is most important to me.

If you want something beefier than both, look to the Cleito 120. The coils for that are brill [0.16 ss], anywhere between 70 - 120w, depending on how hot you like your vape. Great flavour, just like the original, but beefier, and larger juice capacity. I also have the RBA deck for this, but still like to use the coils on side. I've gotten near 2 weeks from one coil, and I switch flavors a lot.

excellent advice, exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

I think what I am trying to do, is justify getting a new mod, as my Cloupor mini plus is getting a bit worn out, works absolutely superbly though. I had kind of convinced my self to get the OSUB, Smok Knight or maybe the Alien kits, but what actually makes sense is to just get the cleito and carry on with the Cloupor until something I fancy pops up on here.

I am happy vaping around the 40w mark, so there isn't really any need to upgrade other than shinyitus :)

excellent advice, exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

I think what I am trying to do, is justify getting a new mod, as my Cloupor mini plus is getting a bit worn out, works absolutely superbly though. I had kind of convinced my self to get the OSUB, Smok Knight or maybe the Alien kits, but what actually makes sense is to just get the cleito and carry on with the Cloupor until something I fancy pops up on here.

I am happy vaping around the 40w mark, so there isn't really any need to upgrade other than shinyitus :)

You wouldn't be disappointed with the Cleito, and the 0.4 coils are very good for it.

I have the Alien myself, I love it. The first one I had turned out to be a dud, but after exchanging for this one 4 months back there's not a scratch, and its still pumping the power out nicely. I really like how it feels in hand, having the fire bar means you can just pick it up and squeeze any way around and it fires. My missus has been eyeing mine up even, and she's strictly single 18650, so I'm suggesting to her to get the AL85, the Alien mini. Which is pretty much a fancier Pico, but with the fire bar and better screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

moleyv wrote:
    Will be making an order.

Well just as a follow up, I made an order with thevapeclubmulhuddart. Some of the things I wanted were out of stock.

Emailed Anthony, he held the items in stock, let me know when he would have the out of stock items, then sent them all together.

Can't ask for much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Lads/ladies anyone that has the aspire pockex are yours leaking from the top? I keep noticing leakage and have tried everythin i can think of to make it stop. I did drop and crack 1 tank but have replaced it so its not that. It happens if its left lying horizontal while charging but also happens while using it. Loving the thing but goin demented with the leaking

fifi28 wrote: »
    Lads/ladies anyone that has the aspire pockex are yours leaking from the top? I keep noticing leakage and have tried everythin i can think of to make it stop. I did drop and crack 1 tank but have replaced it so its not that. It happens if its left lying horizontal while charging but also happens while using it. Loving the thing but goin demented with the leaking

I have 2 & no leaks,over the years of vaping with different types of tanks,I have learned not to leave tanks on their sides for too long,ok for a couple minutes,any longer,it will flood the coil & cause a vacuum & when the vacuum builds up the juice will find it's way out.
    I have mine upright all the time,I used an empty mod box & pierced 2 holes & forced the Pockex into the pierced holes until it goes thru & there you have it,a cheap Pockex stand.

Other tanks like the Kangertechs & Aspires where you have to unscrew the base to fill or change coils,they work better if you leave their tanks upside down,you can leave it for weeks & months with no leaks or flooded coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

In the market for 6 18650 batteries plus charger. Some good bargains on gearbest but dont want to purchase duds. Anyone know of a good reputable site for batteries?

mccard wrote: »
    In the market for 6 18650 batteries plus charger. Some good bargains on gearbest but dont want to purchase duds. Anyone know of a good reputable site for batteries?

I've had this charger for months & it is brilliant http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/790-nitecore-intellicharge-new-i4-charger.html

I use these batteries 30amp,this will protect you safely http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/527-samsung-inr-18650-25r-2500mah-30a-battery.html

IRISHVAPE for 10% off

• Advertisement

You wouldn't be disappointed with the Cleito, and the 0.4 coils are very good for it.

received one today (£19.55 on Amazon)

You are correct, I am not disappointed. In fact, I am very very impressed.

Advertisement