Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

So about 5 days in with my smok al85 and loving it.

Only 2 cons i can find is battery life could be better but id probly get most of the day from it so i slightly better battery and id probly be good.
    And the baby beast DRINKS juice.

Other than that its great. Nice options and info on screen. Easy enough to use. The baby beast is a lovely little tank too, great flavour and vapour production but i might upgrade to the big baby beast at some point because the juice doesnt last you too long haha.

I also bought a nautilus 2 for my istick at work. Great little tank. Lovely flavour and decent vapour from it. A decent upgrade from the previous version. I think the airflow holes are a better design too, on my old nautilus im pretty sure it got knocked out of line, shouldnt be an issue on this i think.

Happy with both of my buys and will be my work/home rotation for the foreseeable future.

Now just need to stockpile juice to keep up with the baby beast hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I've been researching on updating my Nautilus's with these new coils...1.2 ohm Kanthal and 0.15 ohm Ni200 Temperature Control & the 1.8 ohm Clapton.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html

The clapton coils seem to give excellent flavour & taste & supposed to be night n day difference from the 1.6 & 1.8 coils.
    The 3 new coils is for MTL & using the old Nautilus also gives you a restricted DL,I'll be ordering all 3 coils this weekend to satisfy my curiosity...
    They all work with the new Nautilus & the triton mini....

The Bestshop is out of stock for the clapton coil but you can get them here https://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/aspire-triton-mini-replacement-coils I just ordered 5 x 1.8ohm claptons for €21 & free shipping...
    Never thought that I'd be ordering from this site,they normally don't keep stuff I need...

Need to order the other coils from TBS...

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

I've been researching on updating my Nautilus's with these new coils...1.2 ohm Kanthal and 0.15 ohm Ni200 Temperature Control & the 1.8 ohm Clapton.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html

The clapton coils seem to give excellent flavour & taste & supposed to be night n day difference from the 1.6 & 1.8 coils.
    The 3 new coils is for MTL & using the old Nautilus also gives you a restricted DL,I'll be ordering all 3 coils this weekend to satisfy my curiosity...
    They all work with the new Nautilus & the triton mini....

The Bestshop is out of stock for the clapton coil but you can get them here https://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/aspire-triton-mini-replacement-coils I just ordered 5 x 1.8ohm claptons for €21 & free shipping...
    Never thought that I'd be ordering from this site,they normally don't keep stuff I need...

Need to order the other coils from TBS...
    Hope you have better luck then I did with the 1.8 claptons. I found them to be very spitty and tended to burn out quickly. Flavour was only average too. The 1.2 were a bit better but the big air hole in the coil resulted in the draw being too airy For me. I always reverted back to the humble 1.6 kanthal coils I find them best for flavour and are very consistent. Would you let me know how you get on with them as I hear people raving about these coils but I just found them poor especially the clapton. Thanks.

deisedav wrote: »
    Hope you have better luck then I did with the 1.8 claptons. I found them to be very spitty and tended to burn out quickly. Flavour was only average too. The 1.2 were a bit better but the big air hole in the coil resulted in the draw being too airy For me. I always reverted back to the humble 1.6 kanthal coils I find them best for flavour and are very consistent. Would you let me know how you get on with them as I hear people raving about these coils but I just found them poor especially the clapton. Thanks.

:D:D:D It's hard to believe that we can get spit back with a Nautilus,I reckon it all depends on what juice we use,I've tested this theory in different RDA's,same size coil,same amount of cotton & tried different ratios of PG/VG,the only thing I've come up with is different flavours spit & others don't.
    I'll let you know the results...

While you were using the 1.2 & 1.8 clapton,what PG/VG ratio did you try on those coils.
    I'm asking because I tried 80vg/20pg with a 1.6 & 1.8 dual coil & the mod would not fire it at 25w,I didn't want to go any higher in the watts or it will burn the coil out.
    The juice was probably too thick & the gauge wire was too thin...

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

:D:D:D It's hard to believe that we can get spit back with a Nautilus,I reckon it all depends on what juice we use,I've tested this theory in different RDA's,same size coil,same amount of cotton & tried different ratios of PG/VG,the only thing I've come up with is different flavours spit & others don't.
    I'll let you know the results...

While you were using the 1.2 & 1.8 clapton,what PG/VG ratio did you try on those coils.
    I'm asking because I tried 80vg/20pg with a 1.6 & 1.8 dual coil & the mod would not fire it at 25w,I didn't want to go any higher in the watts or it will burn the coil out.
    The juice was probably too thick & the gauge wire was too thin...

Can't remember what the pg /vg ratio was as it was many months ago. Usually hit the 1.6 coils at around 12 watts and try too keep it at 4.1 volts. I'd say you were lucky it didn't fire at 25w to be honest as you would definitely be looking at a burnout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I tried those claptons too, pretty rubbish, very spitty.

I use 80vg with the standard nautilus​ bvc coils all the time I have no problems at around 12watts.

Thanks for all your input Guys,I have taken your advice & canceled the orders for these Nautilus coils & ordered the 1.6...
    That old saying pops up again "don't fix if it's not broken" :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Same experience as EGriff and deisedav -- spitting and shorter life than the standard Nautilus coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

0.7 coil preinstalled in the nautilus 2 is pretty good. Not tried the 1.8 in it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Thanks for all your input Guys,I have taken your advice & canceled the orders for these Nautilus coils & ordered the 1.6...
    That old saying pops up again "don't fix if it's not broken" :D:D

Ive being using them for the last 2 months with zero complaints. Better flavor than the original 1.8 ohm coils imo

Maybe a few dodgy batches went out....wouldn't be the first time.

Actually might as well ask here, anyone know of a B&M in town that sells them? Smokedifferent and the 2 shops in Templebar don't stock them..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

that guy is vaping years and hes consuming 18mg liquids still:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

dball wrote: »
    that guy is vaping years and hes consuming 18mg liquids still:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm the same,all my MTL tanks have 24mg or 18mg if 24mg is not available,I started with 36mg 8 years ago,so I've reduced the nic a bit:D:D:D
    I love that throat hit with MTL,most of my atty's,I use 6mg,it's satisfying but the TH is not as good as the MTL...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm the same,all my MTL tanks have 24mg or 18mg if 24mg is not available,I started with 36mg 8 years ago,so I've reduced the nic a bit:D:D:D
    I love that throat hit with MTL,most of my atty's,I use 6mg,it's satisfying but the TH is not as good as the MTL...

Sheeet. Started off at 18mg and quickly went down to 11mg. I've been MTL 6mgs for several years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I have got down from 18mg to 11 mg since I started vaping which has all been MTL. I really miss the kind of throat hit you get from the higher nic. I find myself probably vaping more as a result. A few hits every so often left me satisfied at 18 but i find myself hitting it far more throughout the day at 11. I wonder if I was better staying at 18. I mean if you don't intend to give up vaping, what is point in going lower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I have got down from 18mg to 11 mg since I started vaping which has all been MTL. I really miss the kind of throat hit you get from the higher nic. I find myself probably vaping more as a result. A few hits every so often left me satisfied at 18 but i find myself hitting it far more throughout the day at 11. I wonder if I was better staying at 18. I mean if you don't intend to give up vaping, what is point in going lower?

What PG/VG ratio is your current juice?

If you can the same juice but with higher level of PG try that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So lads, when is D Day? Any day now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I didn't have much of a problem going from 18mg to 11mg. From 11mg to 6mg wasn't all that bad either as I'm a MTL vaper the juices I vape are more PG than VG, so better throat hit. I've tried 3mg a few times but like you're experiencing, I'm basically chugging on the thing for the whole day. May be get an 18mg and 11mg of the same juice and mix them 50/50. You'll end up with around 14mg ish. Might make the difference before you try 11mg again.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    So lads, when is D Day? Any day now is it?

20th May...

I just got a 50ml bottle of French Pipe (not liqua) from FT,the strongest nic was 12mg,no good to me so I added 6ml of 72% Nic,I'll try it out later to see if it's strong enough or I'll add more...

The flavour doesn't taste anything like Liqua FP but it is a nice smooth tobacco taste,I can live with that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He's been around for a few years now, used to sell out of his car though fb groups :pac: always offered warranties and such, though. Eventually he opened a shop in Mulhuddart, then the site just this week.

He helped me out of a bind nearly 18 months ago. Bottle burst in my bag, breaking my istick on my way to work. Dude drove from kinsealy to clondalkin to sell me a new one at a good price.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post this but my husband is new to vaping and has been in with Anthony in Mulhuddart a few times over the last few weeks and he's been nothing but kind and knowledgeable. The shop is fab. They've opened another location in Prussia St in Dublin now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

January wrote: »
    I'm not sure if we're allowed to post this but my husband is new to vaping and has been in with Anthony in Mulhuddart a few times over the last few weeks and he's been nothing but kind and knowledgeable. The shop is fab. They've opened another location in Prussia St in Dublin now too.

You're allowed post that, it's personal experience. I rave about vendors all the time when I find them good. Anthony's a good guy, can't really go wrong with him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I just got a 50ml bottle of French Pipe (not liqua) from FT,the strongest nic was 12mg,no good to me so I added 6ml of 72% Nic,I'll try it out later to see if it's strong enough or I'll add more...

The flavour doesn't taste anything like Liqua FP but it is a nice smooth tobacco taste,I can live with that...

Try Bright Tobacco. My ADV for the last two years. Not super tobacco-y really. It's very neutral (almost base-y), but that's the charm I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

New regulations will be active from that date...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Anyone recommend an ultrasonic cleaner.

moleyv wrote: »
    Anyone recommend an ultrasonic cleaner.

This is the model I bought last August & it's an excellent cleaner,it was a tenner cheaper last year.
    The seller gives you free shipping to the UK,so I used Parcel Motel...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/JAMES-ULTRA-7000S-Digital-Ultrasonic-Jewellery-Spectacle-CD-Sunglasses-Cleaner-/222114937356?hash=item33b714fa0c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

This is the model I bought last August & it's an excellent cleaner,it was a tenner cheaper last year. The seller gives you free shipping to the UK,so I used Parcel Motel...

Thanks for that, i had spotted that one on Amazon earlier, it's 30 there.

Do you just use warm water? Or add anything?

Is it good for cleaning coils or should they be dry burned first.

moleyv wrote: »
    Thanks for that, i had spotted that one on Amazon earlier, it's 30 there.

Do you just use warm water? Or add anything?

Is it good for cleaning coils or should they be dry burned first.

Warm water & sometimes a short squirt of washing up liquid,I usually dry burn coils after they have been cleaned,this cleaner has it's own heater.
    I've had one black tank that lost it's paint,if you want to know which one,I'll be home in 20 min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hi all again.
    Could anyone recommend a 0pg liquid, as Pg seems to make my mouth very dry, I've been using vsavi liquid and its grand but I'm not gone on the flavours, Is anyone using a non Pg liquid that they would recommend? Thanks.

Advertisement