Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hi all again.
    Could anyone recommend a 0pg liquid, as Pg seems to make my mouth very dry, I've been using vsavi liquid and its grand but I'm not gone on the flavours, Is anyone using a non Pg liquid that they would recommend? Thanks.

Almost non existent, as the flavorings for 99.99% of juices are PG based. There might be the very odd company out there doing 100% VG, but you're at best going to have to settle for maybe 90%

Search max VG e-liquids, and most will be at least 80% VG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Almost non existent, as the flavorings for 99.99% of juices are PG based. There might be the very odd company out there doing 100% VG, but you're at best going to have to settle for maybe 90%

Search max VG e-liquids, and most will be at least 80% VG

They do seem hard to come by.
    The one I'm currently using is 80% VG and 19% water. So not really looking for 100% VG, Do you have any experience with these kind of liquids?

The one I'm currently using is 80% VG and 19% water. So not really looking for 100% VG, Do you have any experience with these kind of liquids?

Have you thought about mixing your own? I know of one VG based concentrate line, it's from Real flavors. https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/129-real-flavours

You could combine that with VG based nic and get 100% VG juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Has any one got the Alien AL85 mod?

I see it is a bit like the eleaf Pico, o i was wondering, would it take a 24mm tank? the Pico won't and i was about to buy the Alien when i realised, this might not take the tornado nano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My husband has started using Witchcraft liquid, Max VG is 80/20 VG/PG. He was suffering an awful cough with the higher PG stuff and this seems to have fixed it (still coughing some what but he's still in between vaping and smoking, smoking the odd few but cutting down) but it's a definite improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

I see it is a bit like the eleaf Pico, o i was wondering, would it take a 24mm tank? the Pico won't and i was about to buy the Alien when i realised, this might not take the tornado nano.

I have it, not 100% on it but think reviewers on youtube said it will take up to 25mm.

Have you thought about mixing your own? I know of one VG based concentrate line, it's from Real flavors. https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/129-real-flavours

You could combine that with VG based nic and get 100% VG juice

I'm trying to avoid having to mix my own tbh, but probably the only way to get exactly what you want, may do it eventually.

January wrote: »
    My husband has started using Witchcraft liquid, Max VG is 80/20 VG/PG. He was suffering an awful cough with the higher PG stuff and this seems to have fixed it (still coughing some what but he's still in between vaping and smoking, smoking the odd few but cutting down) but it's a definite improvement.

The one I'm using now is vsavi it's 0%pg, I'm not to gone on their flavours tho that's why i was looking for suggestions, he should give it a go if the Pg is an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The one I'm using now is vsavi it's 0%pg, I'm not to gone on their flavours tho that's why i was looking for suggestions, he should give it a go if the Pg is an issue.

The witchcraft seems to be doing the job for him atm I'll mention it to him though

That was the one thing about the Pico I didn't like. When 24-25mm tanks started to get popular, in fact at one point it was hard to find a 22mm! the Pico was very limited. But the AL85 takes up to a 25mm afaik. Looks a nice little thing, got the full size myself and love it. Wouldn't mind the mini for out and about.

• Advertisement

That was the one thing about the Pico I didn't like. When 24-25mm tanks started to get popular, in fact at one point it was hard to find a 22mm! the Pico was very limited. But the AL85 takes up to a 25mm afaik. Looks a nice little thing, got the full size myself and love it. Wouldn't mind the mini for out and about.

Have an obs engine on the way. If it fits i'll let you both know.

lankz92 wrote: »
    Have an obs engine on the way. If it fits i'll let you both know.

Should do. I have the engine on my Alien, great little tank. I say little ... well, it's a shorty towards some of the ones out now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I returned coils to them for a full refund over a week ago & they will not answer my messages,I have tweeted them & phoned them as well & no answer,yesterday I opened a dispute with Paypal.

It's only €21,not answering my messages has got my goat,I tried cancelling the order 3 days before they shipped & they just ignored it,the next thing,these coils arrived,so I messaged them,they answered & said,return them to our Returns Depot in Kilkenny which I did.
    No refund appeared,messaged them 7 times & no replies.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Customer Care doesn't exist...

https://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/

Their prices are pretty steep too, doubt they're doing very well between that and bad service. Never used them before, certainly won't now, cheers. Hope you get sorted.

Obs on the smok al85. Plenty of room for it. Doesnt look too bad either.

Not sure how well iv wicked it tho. Tastes odd. Maybe iv not let it sit long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

lankz92 wrote: »
    Obs on the smok al85. Plenty of room for it. Doesnt look too bad either.

Not sure how well iv wicked it tho. Tastes odd. Maybe iv not let it sit long enough.

Wattage is a bit on the low side for such a low ohm coil no?

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Wattage is a bit on the low side for such a low ohm coil no?

Ha yes i turned it up right after the photo. Was just after putting it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I got a starter device..... aspire pocket all in one type thingy. Received yesterday. Used it last night, filled tank half way with juice as instructed, all grand.

Refilled today. The device is gurgling mad when I draw on it. Getting juice in my mouth and the mouth piece gets very hot. Almost burn my lips and too hot to touch hot.

Am I doing something wrong? Using 70/30 VG/PG juice. Was actually enjoying it but I'm worried about using the ecig now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

La.de.da wrote: »
    I got a starter device..... aspire pocket all in one type thingy. Received yesterday. Used it last night, filled tank half way with juice as instructed, all grand.

Refilled today. The device is gurgling mad when I draw on it. Getting juice in my mouth and the mouth piece gets very hot. Almost burn my lips and too hot to touch hot.

Am I doing something wrong? Using 70/30 VG/PG juice. Was actually enjoying it but I'm worried about using the ecig now.

It's actually been so long since I used one of those guys that I can't actually remember how tonl solve that particular issue without seeing it but... My advice is to stroll into any decent e-cig shop and they will explain the issue and the remedy.

Watch youtube videos too to edicate yourself. I understand what you mean abiut being afraid to use it, but once yiu understand the mechanics at play, there is nothing to ne afraid of.

I returned coils to them for a full refund over a week ago & they will not answer my messages,I have tweeted them & phoned them as well & no answer,yesterday I opened a dispute with Paypal.

It's only €21,not answering my messages has got my goat,I tried cancelling the order 3 days before they shipped & they just ignored it,the next thing,these coils arrived,so I messaged them,they answered & said,return them to our Returns Depot in Kilkenny which I did.
    No refund appeared,messaged them 7 times & no replies.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Customer Care doesn't exist...

https://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/

Results of claim & they still didn't answer my messages...

This claim has been closed because your seller has issued you a refund of EUR 21.00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Results of claim & they still didn't answer my messages...

This claim has been closed because your seller has issued you a refund of EUR 21.00.

Sound like a bad shower there. Won't be purchasing from them. Feel partly responsible myself after giving out about those coils. :eek:

deisedav wrote: »
    Sound like a bad shower there. Won't be purchasing from them. Feel partly responsible myself after giving out about those coils. :eek:

I'm glad I took your advice even though I had bother with the vendor,at least other vapers will benefit for knowing about the poor customer care they give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

J Mysterio wrote: »
    It's actually been so long since I used one of those guys that I can't actually remember how tonl solve that particular issue without seeing it but... My advice is to stroll into any decent e-cig shop and they will explain the issue and the remedy.

Watch youtube videos too to edicate yourself. I understand what you mean abiut being afraid to use it, but once yiu understand the mechanics at play, there is nothing to ne afraid of.

Thanks for reply. I took it apart and cleaned it. Refilled it and waited a couple of mins before using. I was trying to use it too soon after refil i, think.

It's grand for setting up starting off but as a smoker I like being able to inhale. A mouth to lung hit( think I'm getting up on the jargon :) ) but the draw from this device is too much. No way to change it.

Anyway I'll plow along with it and you good folks might suggest a different set up when.the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

I'm glad I took your advice even though I had bother with the vendor,at least other vapers will benefit for knowing about the poor customer care they give.

Yeah that's true alright. They also seem to be on the expensive side.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

OBS Engine first impressions

My Obs engine arrived yesterday. I installed the coils that came with it (twisted kanthal .13 ohms) and have been happily vaping it at 80W. I followed the instructions for wicking (just through the holes but not touching the bottom of the well) although I cut them slightly shorter than I intended.

No spit back which I read other people had problems with. I think that was down to laying the wick over the holes rather than through them though.
    Some popping after sitting. Opened it up after a few hours and the deck was dry, so I must have accidentally got the wicking pretty good.
    Good flavour but not as good as the Smok tfv8 with the q4 coils although I haven't used the rba on that yet so not a fair comparison. I'm not sure the flavour is better than my ijoy combo rdta (basically the same as the limitless rdta) either. It's good though. I think the airflow needs to be quite restricted to get the best flavour out. Flavour seems to be a bit "dry" by comparison to the other two tanks I mentioned. I'm noticing that I want water more. I haven't vaped Kanthal before so some of the flavour difference could be down to that.
    Vapour production is good.
    Airflow is not massive, particularly when you restrict it for more flavour.
    I love that it won't leak. I can chuck it in a coat pocket without worrying about it staying upright. I'd previously been using the cubis pro for that purpose but I had to use 6mg liquid in it to compensate for the smaller tank.

As Lankz92 said I found the flavour to be a bit off at the start but I believe that was because in my excitement I forgot to wash it first and there must have been a good bit of machine oil on it. Sorted now. mmmmmm machine oil.

Might try some ss alien wire in it next but that's not likely to be for another month when I've killed the coils I have in it now. Just want to see if it can keep up with them. I'm more likely to vape on plain ss wire in general though.

Overall I really like it. It's a good all day tank with plenty of room for liquid at 5.2ml. The side fill hole is plenty big enough. With all the side fills you get a little liquid accumulating under the sleeve and squashed out when you close it but it's no big deal. Quick wipe and it's sorted.

For the non-leaking alone this tank is absolutely worth buying. It's not the very best for flavour or for clouds, but for an all day tank it's the most perfect of an imperfect bunch I've found so far.

If the TFV8 coils have similar flavour to the Baby beast coils, then it must be your build, because the Engine, or any RTA, kicks the snot out of the Baby beast for flavour for me. It's not the best flavour tank I've ever had, but it's up there.

OBS Engine first impressions

My Obs engine arrived yesterday. I installed the coils that came with it (twisted kanthal .13 ohms) and have been happily vaping it at 80W. I followed the instructions for wicking (just through the holes but not touching the bottom of the well) although I cut them slightly shorter than I intended.

No spit back which I read other people had problems with. I think that was down to laying the wick over the holes rather than through them though.
    Some popping after sitting. Opened it up after a few hours and the deck was dry, so I must have accidentally got the wicking pretty good.
    Good flavour but not as good as the Smok tfv8 with the q4 coils although I haven't used the rba on that yet so not a fair comparison. I'm not sure the flavour is better than my ijoy combo rdta (basically the same as the limitless rdta) either. It's good though. I think the airflow needs to be quite restricted to get the best flavour out. Flavour seems to be a bit "dry" by comparison to the other two tanks I mentioned. I'm noticing that I want water more. I haven't vaped Kanthal before so some of the flavour difference could be down to that.
    Vapour production is good.
    Airflow is not massive, particularly when you restrict it for more flavour.
    I love that it won't leak. I can chuck it in a coat pocket without worrying about it staying upright. I'd previously been using the cubis pro for that purpose but I had to use 6mg liquid in it to compensate for the smaller tank.

As Lankz92 said I found the flavour to be a bit off at the start but I believe that was because in my excitement I forgot to wash it first and there must have been a good bit of machine oil on it. Sorted now. mmmmmm machine oil.

Might try some ss alien wire in it next but that's not likely to be for another month when I've killed the coils I have in it now. Just want to see if it can keep up with them. I'm more likely to vape on plain ss wire in general though.

Overall I really like it. It's a good all day tank with plenty of room for liquid at 5.2ml. The side fill hole is plenty big enough. With all the side fills you get a little liquid accumulating under the sleeve and squashed out when you close it but it's no big deal. Quick wipe and it's sorted.

For the non-leaking alone this tank is absolutely worth buying. It's not the very best for flavour or for clouds, but for an all day tank it's the most perfect of an imperfect bunch I've found so far.

Ah machine oil that would explain the slightly chemical taste lol. Thought it might have been the cotton burning in.

Think my coil came out around .17
    Only the 2nd or 3rd time iv ever built. Pretty happy, no spit back but the odd pop. Id prefer around .4-.5 so i'll try that next week.

If the TFV8 coils have similar flavour to the Baby beast coils, then it must be your build, because the Engine, or any RTA, kicks the snot out of the Baby beast for flavour for me. It's not the best flavour tank I've ever had, but it's up there.

I think it's the sheer volume that comes out of the cloud beast. You really get to taste it on the exhale. A short inhale can lead to a slow lingering voluminous exhale with buckets of flavour and I'm using the weakest stock coil.

I used to smoke like that - deep inhale and lingering exhale, so it really suits me.

I never taste much on the inhale tbh. I was hoping I would after 8 months off the smokes, but looks like this is as good as it gets for me.

I agree that the flavour off my ijoy RTA is fantastic too, but I think for me the downside of the OBS is that it just doesn't reach the same volume of vapour. I'm actually finding (only two days using it) that I'm vaping more on it because I'm feeling slightly less satisfied.

Actually I take it back. I just brought it up to 95W and the flavour is superb if a little warm. Plenty of vapour too. Looks like 85-90 watts is my sweet spot on the obs with the stock coil, not 80.

• Advertisement

I have a plain 25g kanthal dual coil set up in mine atm, 0.3ohm and vaping at 60w, getting plenty of vapour and flavour. I kind of like that it's not too much of a cloud chucker because I use it at break time on my course and I'm out with a lot of smokers. Means I'm not drowning people out :D I leave the airflow wide open, and for wicking I keep it short as possible, nice and fluffed up, just barely dipped into the juice holes. Haven't got a dry hit yet, even when the tank is almost emptied. I just love the ease of use, building it is a cinch and if there's any issues I can remove the deck without disturbing the rest of the tank

Taste can also be affected a bit by the cotton you use. When I tried generic pads it wasn't so hot, but using cotton bacon V2 atm and it's great. It's fluffier and easier to mould, seems to keep up better when you chain it too

Advertisement