Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Have to say, I'm looking forward to building on the 25mm base, started building on the 22mm base of the tsunami and it's a bit of a nightmare, particularly wicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The base couldnt be simpler to work with, it's very basic but does as intended. I'm thinking on getting a 2nd Engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭leche solara

Anyone an opinion on this:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011027/6984105-authentic-eleaf-istick-qc-200w-5000mah-tc-vw-apv

Like the idea of the 5000mah battery. Would be using with Nautilus 2 or original 5ml Nautilus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Anyone an opinion on this:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011027/6984105-authentic-eleaf-istick-qc-200w-5000mah-tc-vw-apv

Like the idea of the 5000mah battery. Would be using with Nautilus 2 or original 5ml Nautilus.

Never owned one but all isticks are excellent,using a Nautilus,you should get a week of use before you need to charge it :D:D the 200w will be handy further down road,good price,FT will give you one option for shipping(free) because the mod has a built-in battery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone seen the Nautilus 2 coils anywhere in Ireland? (the 0.7ohm ones btw).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭leche solara

Trond wrote: »

They have them in Thebestshop.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html Same coils can be used in Nautilus, Mini and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Couple of the online stores have em. Thebestshop for one. Most selling the nautilus 2 have the 0.7 or at least its listed on the site.

Cheers folks. Got sorted. Also spent about €50 on juice as well!

Bestshop are selling what I presume have to be the 1.8ohm Clapton Mini Triton Coils for €2.50. Ive seen them for €4.50 elsewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Cheers folks. Got sorted. Also spent about €50 on juice as well!

Bestshop are selling what I presume have to be the 1.8ohm Clapton Mini Triton Coils for €2.50. Ive seen them for €4.50 elsewhere....

They are the same coils that fit in the Nautilus 1+2. 4.50 for them is a total rip off.

deisedav wrote: »
    They are the same coils that fit in the Nautilus 1+2. 4.50 for them is a total rip off.

Some places were just chancing their arms selling the newer Clapton coils for €4.50. New and shiny stuff = more money! Fair play to bestshop anyway...

http://ecirette.ie/shop/coilheads/aspire-triton-mini-coilheads/

*oh and I think I must have the new record for Vender efficiency;

Order confirmation 14.21
    Preparation in Progress 14.26
    Order in transit 14.41

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I seen new laws are being introduced this month regarding vaping. Tons of new stuff I cant remember all the new laws but one I remembered was liquids can't be sold in quantities over 10ml. This sucks as it will mean ordering more at once for me. I also noticed that the best shop are selling tons of stuff of because presumably they will be illegal soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Some places were just chancing their arms selling the newer Clapton coils for €4.50. New and shiny stuff = more money! Fair play to bestshop anyway...

http://ecirette.ie/shop/coilheads/aspire-triton-mini-coilheads/

*oh and I think I must have the new record for Vender efficiency;

Order confirmation 14.21
    Preparation in Progress 14.26
    Order in transit 14.41
    They really are great at getting the stuff posted out quickly. I have always received my goods the next day off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Hey lads, *complete* vape noob here. Just wondering what you would recommend for a basic set up? Looking to vape nicotine in some nice flavors. Maybe try out the CBD oil too.

If there is a particular store you would recommend, I can go check them out. Or if there's a better deal to be had online, please advise with a link, who doesn't love a bargain! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Cavey wrote: »
    Hey lads, *complete* vape noob here. Just wondering what you would recommend for a basic set up? Looking to vape nicotine in some nice flavors. Maybe try out the CBD oil too.

If there is a particular store you would recommend, I can go check them out. Or if there's a better deal to be had online, please advise with a link, who doesn't love a bargain! Cheers!

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/829-aspire-pockex-aio-starter-kit.html

I'm told this is the best starter kit going and I use this site constantly and find it very cheap. Canavape who produce great CBD oil use this kit online. Order online before 1pm and get it next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

When I asked the noob question 6 months ago, I was advised to go for the Joytech eGo AIO, which I really liked, but wasn't a fan of the shape in my pocket. The starter du jour seems to be the Aspire PockeX which I haven't tried. Since the joytech eGo I've gotten a Kangertech Togo Mini. It's also an all in one device like the Pockex or the eGo, but it's much more compact (and a bit more expensive).

Just a quick recommendation that might be of use to newer vapers....

The original Uwell Crown tank is an absolute must have imo. Using it again the last few weeks after after a year back on the smokes.

The stock coils are by far best ive used bar none. Longevity, Flavour and clouds. V well built tank thats never leaked a single drop. Its currently around $19 on fasttech. You can buy an RBA section which i do own but am yet to use it.

A lot better than the majority of newer tanks imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I got the aspire poctex. Don't like it at all. Preferred the old one (original joytech stick to it even).

The draw is far too strong. The 'leak proof' design?!! It leaked juice in my handbag.

I need something that the airflow can be adjusted. I direct inhale cigarettes. This is impossible with the poctex. IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Had a Pico go crazy on me last night, have a nautilus 2 on it. Picked it up, turned it on. Felt the tank move on it, obviously the 510 connection went loose on the Pico. Next thing all i could hear was a hissing, thought the battery was venting, but realised it was firing and couldn't stop it. Only stopped due to a 'board too hot' protection.

If i was driving it would have gone out the window as i wouldn't have realised it wasn't venting. Done with eleaf i think. I didn't put any pressure on the tank that would reasonably break/loosen the 510 connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

moleyv wrote: »
    Had a Pico go crazy on me last night, have a nautilus 2 on it. Picked it up, turned it on. Felt the tank move on it, obviously the 510 connection went loose on the Pico. Next thing all i could hear was a hissing, thought the battery was venting, but realised it was firing and couldn't stop it. Only stopped due to a 'board too hot' protection.

If i was driving it would have gone out the window as i wouldn't have realised it wasn't venting. Done with eleaf i think. I didn't put any pressure on the tank that would reasonably break/loosen the 510 connection.

In fairness it's doing it's job right and protecting you with fail-safes. Also the Pico has venting holes even if the board doesn't auto cut out so there is no pressure build up turning it into a hand grenade.

*disclaimer* I do love my Picos and just ordered another in the Fasttech Easter sale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

8mm wrote:
    In fairness it's doing it's job right and protecting you with fail-safes. Also the Pico has venting holes even if the board doesn't auto cut out so there is no pressure build up turning it into a hand grenade.

It also went wrong and self fired. I did 5 clicks on and away it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Hi there, Looking for advice
    looking to move from this

http://www.e-shop.ie/storage/eleaf_istick_and_aspire_nautilus_mini_ireland.jpg

Had the aspire triton tank as I thought was moving in the right direction but didnt work for me, ie not as much cloud I wanted and vapes too hot

So recommendations please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

youngblood wrote: »
    Hi there, Looking for advice
    looking to move from this

http://www. shop.ie/storage/eleaf_istick_and_aspire_nautilus_mini_ireland.jpg

Had the aspire triton tank as I thought was moving in the right direction but didnt work for me, ie not as much cloud I wanted and vapes too hot

So recommendations please?

The aspire Cleito is a great tank, you'll need a 50+ watt mod though.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I went with the aspire pockeX AIO kit. Bought it in republic of vape, it was 30 so a bit more expensive than online but he gave me two bottles of liquid with it.

It does me fine for light use, only wanted one for occasional vape with a drink. (secret vaping habit lol)

Anyway, it started spitting today after I refilled the juice. It came with a spare coil so I swapped in the new one and its fine again. Seems like you could go through these coils very fast? That one only lasted me a few days, only 1ml of juice :/

Also, can anybody recommend where is good to buy VG only juice? Was reading online about PG being very dangerous for the lungs.. ( Link for anyone interested )

With my two Pockex's,I have vaped 5 tankfuls on each mod & on one coil & it's still working great,the only differences that I do,the mod is always kept upright when not using it,I've had no gurgling or spit back in either of the mods.

Who the fukc do we believe,maybe smartphones are more dangerous than PG,imo,it's all down to money as usual,here is a comical video about PG & answers from 2 top reviewers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPVeEGihHVY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Also, can anybody recommend where is good to buy VG only juice? Was reading online about PG being very dangerous for the lungs.. ( Link for anyone interested )

At no stage in that article does he say how high a temperature and I think that would be important , he says at high temperatures but he does not say how high is it 500 degrees ? 1000 degrees ? , burning anything can be harmful but as a rule we don't burn our cotton or juice....... at least I don't ;)

Only good thing about that article is someone got to test a Volcano out !!! The rest of it is nonsense tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I went with the aspire pockeX AIO kit. Bought it in republic of vape, it was 30 so a bit more expensive than online but he gave me two bottles of liquid with it.

It does me fine for light use, only wanted one for occasional vape with a drink. (secret vaping habit lol)

Anyway, it started spitting today after I refilled the juice. It came with a spare coil so I swapped in the new one and its fine again. Seems like you could go through these coils very fast? That one only lasted me a few days, only 1ml of juice :/

I bought an Aspire Pockex recently and had the same spitting issue but figured out a fix. After refilling and screwing coil back in, leave it upright for about 15-20 mins to allow the cotton in the coil to soak the juice properly before using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

With my two Pockex's,I have vaped 5 tankfuls on each mod & on one coil & it's still working great,the only differences that I do,the mod is always kept upright when not using it,I've had no gurgling or spit back in either of the mods.

Who the fukc do we believe,maybe smartphones are more dangerous than PG,imo,it's all down to money as usual,here is a comical video about PG & answers from 2 top reviewers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPVeEGihHVY

Rip Trippers got loads of grief when he tried to shill products that solved issues "vaping caused" like certain brand of water and hand creams :rolleyes: He pulled the video pretty quick but it was to late by then.

I'v also never won anything in his giveaways :pac:

Right bastard so he is :p

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    Rip Trippers got loads of grief when he tried to shill products that solved issues "vaping caused" like certain brand of water and hand creams :rolleyes: He pulled the video pretty quick but it was to late by then.

I'v also never won anything in his giveaways :pac:

Right bastard so he is :p

:D:D:D Yeah,I caught all his vids & I won nothing as well:mad::mad::mad: I've given up on freebies...
    The only reason I watched Rip's videos, because he put up the best close up shots than all the others but the rest of the reviewers have been investing in better camera's these days.

Advertisement