Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

General question, when going from one juice to another, is it advisable to change the coil regardless of the coils age? The question relates to an Aspire PockeX, so the coil will have been sitting in the old juice

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Inviere wrote:
    General question, when going from one juice to another, is it advisable to change the coil regardless of the coils age? The question relates to an Aspire PockeX, so the coil will have been sitting in the old juice

That's personal preference. I usually don't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Garyt82 wrote: »
    That's personal preference. I usually don't bother.

This ^.

But I think its just that most times I need to buy juice and coils at the same time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Cheers folks, I was wondering if the cotton soaked in the old juice would ruin the new juice. Obviously not an issue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Inviere wrote:
    Cheers folks, I was wondering if the cotton soaked in the old juice would ruin the new juice. Obviously not an issue

Strong flavours may linger in the coil but usually after a few drags its gone unless it's a really strong flavour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Inviere wrote: »

If you have a spare device,you could hold the coil under the tap for a minute & leave it sitting for a few days to dry out & the old juice is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Got my OBS Engine in the post today, I've tried a couple of builds on it, one was the coils it came with it and other was a dual clapton build, but no matter how I build it, it keeps flooding and spitting liquid into my mouth. I've wicked it with the ends not touching the base like a lot of people said, also tried emptying the tank and refilling just in case and still doing it.

Anyone have any ideas?

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Got my OBS Engine in the post today, I've tried a couple of builds on it, one was the coils it came with it and other was a dual clapton build, but no matter how I build it, it keeps flooding and spitting liquid into my mouth. I've wicked it with the ends not touching the base like a lot of people said, also tried emptying the tank and refilling just in case and still doing it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Spitting happens when the cotton is too lose in the coil,make sure you use more cotton & have it tight in the coil,that might stop the spitting,those claptons are always too hot & spitty in certain tanks.

If you don't chain vape,you could try this,prime your cotton a little,this helps to control your wicks & I would drop the bottom half of the cotton wick down through the wicking holes & let the rest of the wick sit on the deck & blocking the wicking holes,then poke :) your little blue screwdriver once right through the cotton & wick hole,this will give a little more air & helps with the wicking & flooding...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Won an unreal prize from Vape Wild. Hand delivered by a bunny today.

15 bottles of juice, istick Pico, kanger clr tank, vape bands, Easter egg, lindt eggs, teddy, hat, sunglasses.

Unbelievable haul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

There are a few changes that starts May 20th...

Only 10ml of juice with nic will be for sale,you still can buy big bottles as long as there are no nic in them,18mg is the max,Nicotine can only be bought in 10ml & it is alot weaker than us mixers use.
    Tanks will hold no more than 2ml of juice.
    My recommendation is to buy a litre or two of Nicotine from Darkstar.
    All the other big tanks from outside Europe will still be available,like Gearbest & Fasttech but you might get caught by Customs.
    That's about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Cheers. What size tank is on a Triton Mini? I've lost all my paperwork but if it's bigger then I want to buy a couple more, and presumably I won't be able to get those BVC coils I use in it any more either then?

I use 0mg juice 99% of the time so that'll be ok.

What's the point of all this anyway? A step towards tax because they're not making as much off the fags?

Not 100% but i think the triton mini is 3ml or 3.5ml. I have one and its more than 2ml anyway.

Coils will be fine, the new nautilus 2 uses the same ones and im sure a few others too.

Holds 2ml,look out for a good MTL tank with an RBA base,you wont need to buy coils again.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

My bad, always thought it was 3ml. Juice lasts ages in it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Cavey

Aspire PockeX started to leak a bit from the tank area. Also, when I refilled it and fired, it spat liquid. Tried cleaning the coil and drying it, did nothing. Put the new coil in and it worked fine. Til I refilled again and had the same issue. Ultimately, put me off the whole idea of vaping. Of course, I have already been off fags 6 years now, just thought a vape might be nice with a coffee or a drink. But it wasn't at all.

Then started reading about popcorn lung and got a bit freaked out. Nevermind that, it seems even nicotine on its own that gets heated up can have damaging effects on your lungs nevermind the PG, VG or whatever else is in them. Better than cigarettes? Yeah probably but without long term studies we don't really know.

Brought the PockeX AIO kit back to republic of vape. Dude was a top bloke, very sound and issued me a full refund. Would highly recommend them but that is the start and end of my vaping. Just not cool enough :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,720 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I bought a load of the Vape Wild liquids a few weeks ago when they had the 50% off coupon, I'd strongly suggest not going for max VG.

Most of the liquids I bought were max VG and have very little flavour even after a long steeping time, but the couple of sample bottles is was given were 60/40 and 50/50 and were a hell of a lot better.

Don't know if anyone's experienced the same but just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭smilgy

I stopped smoking maybe three weeks ago and am already on 3mg e-liquid. At the time I bought an Endura T18E but it seems that the few liquids that I tried (including some "premium?" Element liquids) don't seem to taste that great, i.e. i cant really taste all that much. I was wondering would it be worth upgrading to something more substantial which could perhaps give me more taste? I don't really have a huge budget. Would anyone have any recommendations ? Even something second hand perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

smilgy wrote: »
    I stopped smoking maybe three weeks ago and am already on 3mg e-liquid. At the time I bought an Endura T18E but it seems that the few liquids that I tried (including some "premium?" Element liquids) don't seem to taste that great, i.e. i cant really taste all that much. I was wondering would it be worth upgrading to something more substantial which could perhaps give me more taste? I don't really have a huge budget. Would anyone have any recommendations ? Even something second hand perhaps.

I had a T18 for six months same story so i picked up an Aspire Nautilus and a Eleaf iStick TC 40Watt mod ,great battery life from the 2600mh battery and great flavour from the tank ,i vape multiple flavours at 14-16 watts ,bought the Mrs an Elfin 40W DNA and an Aspire Nautilus mini that's a smaller version of tank i have here is a pic of both
    https://i.imgur.com/Eh6mrBP.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've been using an istick 40w TC with Eleaf GS Tank for a couple of months now as my first foray into sub-ohm vaping and temperature control. Its a bit disappointing. First of all the the tank 'gurgles' a lot because there is unvaporized liquid being pulled through the coil. Also I'm getting a lot of dry hits. Anyway the temperature aspect seems a bit pointless because even at highest temp there is barely any hit or vapour. So now I use it almost exclusively in VV mode but I'm finding it gets very hot very quickly, I guess this is because there is such low resistance on the coil (0.15 ohm).

Don't use the nickel (tc) coils in wattage mode!

Don't use the nickel (tc) coils in wattage mode!

How come? It's actually not bad in wattage mode, really nice hit off it. I guess that because resistance is so low is why it gets hot so quickly?

How come? It's actually not bad in wattage mode, really nice hit off it. I guess that because resistance is so low is why it gets hot so quickly?

Kanthal (normal coil for wattage mode) doesn't change resistance (ohms) in wattage mode, so it's safe to use.

Nickel coils change resistance in wattage mode, and the heat burns them, releasing dangerous chemicals.

It's very, very bad for your health to use Ni coils in wattage mode, you're breathing in a lot of nasty sh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kanthal (normal coil for wattage mode) doesn't change resistance (ohms) in wattage mode, so it's safe to use.

Nickel coils change resistance in wattage mode, and the heat burns them, releasing dangerous chemicals.

It's very, very bad for your health to use Ni coils in wattage mode, you're breathing in a lot of nasty sh!t.

Just to add Stainless steel coils are ok for wattage mode to :)

Okay thanks for the info. Put a new nickel coil in and finally got around to reading the manual so figured out how to lock the resistance and use it properly. Will use in TC mode from now on! Still not really sure what benefit of TC is, seems fairly similar to variable wattage so far

• Advertisement

Okay thanks for the info. Put a new nickel coil in and finally got around to reading the manual so figured out how to lock the resistance and use it properly. Will use in TC mode from now on! Still not really sure what benefit of TC is, seems fairly similar to variable wattage so far

The one big difference is that Nickel,Titanium & SS wire in TC mode will never burn your cotton,so no dry hits,you could vape the tank dry & no harm to your cotton or wick.
    Ideal for RDA's if you forget to drip,like I do:D:D

Always check things about vaping on the Youtube channels,a good friend to have for info...

Advertisement