Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Toots wrote:
    Guys could you tell me would the Moonshot work with the Kanger Cupti 2?

Yes it will. There's an adaptor with the cupti for using different tanks

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I thought the cupti was an all in one?

It is, but you can stick a separate tank on top if you like, it comes with an adapter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Toots wrote: »
    It is, but you can stick a separate tank on top if you like, it comes with an adapter.

well its 510 so should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Building your own coils for an RDA (never tried the Lush but they all have the same method)
    You never mentioned what mod you will be using for the Lush because different mods will determine what builds you can do...

This video shows you how we built coils years ago...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upz0tliTo8w

This video shows a more up to date building techniques with new tools...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lIOx6ojnQ

Here is a tool kit video which old & new vapors use today...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uhSuwkXCzA

Any questions,just ask...

Hope this helps...

I know how to build coils and how to pulse them and looking for hot spots and all that kind of stuff, I guess my question was about going the lazy way and buying the pre built coils from the like of coil art ect! Would I need the full coil kits or are the fit and good to go!

I am using a vaporesso tarot mini as my every day mod and have a smok 80w tc sub one as well so the mod side im covered really!

Thanks for getting back to me by the way

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The Cupti has just arrived.... oooh it's pretty!! (Got the stainless steel version) I'm dying to try it out, but I think I'll wait until the liquid I ordered from Higgy Cigs arrives - I've already got the Berry Blast in the PockeX so no point putting the same liquid in two different devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Trond wrote: »
    You can be lazy and use the slow boat to check out a multitude of coils, like this for example.....

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10027425/5986100-kanthal-a1-pre-coiled-wire-for-rba-atomizer-8

This is what would be looking for,

I'd be taking the lazy option too, I reckon :o At least until I've done a lot more learning about ohms law and the like (the maths bit is really confusing me) Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but I'd be concerned about the chances of me making a balls of my own coils and accidentally blowing something up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

flas wrote: »
    I know how to build coils and how to pulse them and looking for hot spots and all that kind of stuff, I guess my question was about going the lazy way and buying the pre built coils from the like of coil art ect! Would I need the full coil kits or are the fit and good to go!

I am using a vaporesso tarot mini as my every day mod and have a smok 80w tc sub one as well so the mod side im covered really!

Thanks for getting back to me by the way

:D:D:D Got that all wrong,never mind,useful info for somebody...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Toots wrote:
    I'd be taking the lazy option too, I reckon At least until I've done a lot more learning about ohms law and the like (the maths bit is really confusing me) Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but I'd be concerned about the chances of me making a balls of my own coils and accidentally blowing something up.

If you're​ using a regulated mod then ohm's law isn't really that necessary. That really applies to mech mods. If you're​ really worried download vape tool for android. It has a very handy ohm's law calculator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So when TPD kicks in do ye reckon it'll still be possible to order tanks bigger than 2ml and bottles and liquid bottles larger than 10ml from outside the EU?

A lot of the ejuices I like are American brands which usually do minimum 30ml unfortunately :(
    I'd imagine it'll be mad money to import and possibly picked up by customs too

• Advertisement

I hope so with the liquid - I've 2 60ml bottles coming in from the states now and they haven't arrived yet. One's 0mg so it should be ok but the other's 12mg

So when TPD kicks in do ye reckon it'll still be possible to order tanks bigger than 2ml and bottles and liquid bottles larger than 10ml from outside the EU?

A lot of the ejuices I like are American brands which usually do minimum 30ml unfortunately :(
    I'd imagine it'll be mad money to import and possibly picked up by customs too

How do we buy under the counter stuff online:D:D:D

We'll still be ok for buying big tanks & TPD stuff from anywhere outside EU but as you say,the Customs will be lurking.

I put up a video the other day about the Germans finding a loop hole in the TPD & this loop hole is for all EU vendors...

Watch all the video or just go to the TPD part which is in the description of the video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5R4ys-OVNM

This 2ml max capacity only applies to disposable & cartridge filling tanks,so the Germans are still selling 4 & 5ml RTA's.

We can still buy 120ml,250ml & 500ml bottles of One Shot or Easy Mix which contains the flavour & the PG/VG but no Nic but they will sell you 10ml bottles of Nic to suit the amount of liquid you buy or use your own Nic...

So am I right in thinking that if I was ordering in bottles of liquid from the states that were 120ml but contained no nicotine, they'd be grand if customs were to look at them?

So am I right in thinking that if I was ordering in bottles of liquid from the states that were 120ml but contained no nicotine, they'd be grand if customs were to look at them?

You wouldn't be breaking any TDP rules,anything coming from the States goes through the Customs,a lot of things get through without payment,they may charge you the going rate of 21% or 23% I can never remember which one but maybe not,depends what mood they are in:D:D

Ah that's grand, I don't mind paying that if it comes to it, just don't want anything confiscated. If it's products containing nicotine but were bought and shipped before the 20th am I ok? I'm fairly sure an order of mine is on a ship in the atlantic right now.

Ah that's grand, I don't mind paying that if it comes to it, just don't want anything confiscated. If it's products containing nicotine but were bought and shipped before the 20th am I ok? I'm fairly sure an order of mine is on a ship in the atlantic right now.

Customs are irregular,I bought a waxed shooting jacket from the States & Customs charged me €60,I also bought a VHF radio from a different State & charged me nothing.
    You'd think the electronic device would be up for taxes not clothing,madness really...

Anyone ever used this crowd? http://www.royalvaporonline.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Been using my Istick TC40w with a GS tank and 0.15 NI coils for a few weeks and must say it's very disappointing. First few drags are fine, good hit and flavour. Then the temp protection kicks in and throttles down the temp massively. Was reading many threads on Fasttech from people with similar problems,this one has a sort of solution https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/1807291/fixing-the-eleaf-istick-tc40w-initial-resistance/1

I tried it but temp protection still kicking in very quickly. Also battery life awful, never get full day of it and I wouldn't even be using that heavily. I'm fairly given up on it at this stage. Have a Smok Alien with a baby beast on the way so maybe that'll change my mind about TC vaping?

Never heard of that site Toots...

I still have a TC40w,I use it in power mode only,it's a bit old hat now,the Alien will have an up to date chip in it & works great in TC...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tivvo

I'm a newbie to vaping and after a month or so on a vaping pen, I just bought the innokin cool fire​ mini. It's a lovely little thing but I can't figure out the best settings for it?! My main problem is that it is spitting every time I pull on it! What would be the best setting to have it on? I think it's a .8 coil, and is currently set at 11watts. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

tivvo wrote: »
    I'm a newbie to vaping and after a month or so on a vaping pen, I just bought the innokin cool fire​ mini. It's a lovely little thing but I can't figure out the best settings for it?! My main problem is that it is spitting every time I pull on it! What would be the best setting to have it on? I think it's a .8 coil, and is currently set at 11watts. Thanks in advance

0.8 should be around 20watts. Unless you ment 1.8?? 11-14w on that. Roughly.

If your sure its 0.8 try push the watts up a bit

tivvo wrote: »

Watched a few videos on it & it is a .8 kanthal coil,it does MTL at around 25w & a DL up to 35w.
    The 11w you are using is too low,it's not heating the juice quick enough & that could cause spitting...

The Slipstream tank looks good,the only negative thing mentioned was the gurgling if left alone & not vaped for a certain time,spit back wasn't mentioned.

My theory is,pump up the watts to see if that works or gurgling means the coil is flooded & when you power the coil,the excess juice is sitting on the coil & when the coil heats up,it then causes spit back,the excess juice has to go somewhere & it does,straight up the chimney & straight into your mouth.

Try clearing the excess juice by holding tank & mod in your hand tightly & give a few downward whips & that should clear the excess juice from the coil & straight through the mouth piece.

Another way is to hold the tank in an upside-down position,loosely cover the air holes with tissue & blow hard through the mouth piece a few times & that will clear the excess juice.

If all fails,change the coil...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Been using the same liquid almost exclusively since i started. Go to place my monthly order and the juice has been withdrawn due to the new regulations. I really wish the supplier could have at least given a heads up that it would be withdrawn after a certain date so I could have stocked up.

Anyone recommend something sweet with a slight menthol overtone? I was using Hazy Days Frozen Berries. (Mix of strawberries and raspberies delicately blended in a frosty minty / menthol mix.)

Liqua have an apple mint one which I found quite pleasant. Not too strong on either of the flavours but a nice cool sensation.

Just tried out the baby beast...... holy crap!! I can barely see the other side of my living room :pac: It's very heavy on the juice, so that's something I'll have to be mindful of.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just tried out the baby beast...... holy crap!! I can barely see the other side of my living room :pac: It's very heavy on the juice, so that's something I'll have to be mindful of.

Mine will be arriving tomorrow so I will stock up on Juice for it :D

I started with the cleito over the weekend, its a nice tank :)

I got the Cleito, Pangu and Baby beast so I pulled one out of a hat to choose which to use first :pac: I found it a bit confusing getting the Cupti 2 set up - the 'instructions' were pretty useless, but got it going in the end. Just running it in wattage mode and 60w seems to be giving me the nicest flavour/cloud balance while not being scalding hot either.

I'm considering a small 'stealthier' mod for going on holidays - I like the look of the Tarot Mini or Tarot Nano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Not overly impressed with the Baby Beast thus far. Havent seen a brand new tank leak as badly in a long time. Its calmed down now thankfully. I believe its a well known issue.

I can see on the bottom o-ring/gasket type thing, there's liquid sitting along there. It hasn't leaked yet, but I'd say it's something I'll need to watch. I'm using heavy VG liquid, so I wonder would it be a different story if I was using a higher PG content.

• Advertisement

I can see on the bottom o-ring/gasket type thing, there's liquid sitting along there. It hasn't leaked yet, but I'd say it's something I'll need to watch. I'm using heavy VG liquid, so I wonder would it be a different story if I was using a higher PG content.

If its anything like pretty much all the tanks I have gotten so far then the coils they include are a bit on the crap side when it comes to the o-rings. My I-sub V was leaking alot until I bought separate coils, no leaks since. I would assume this is the same so I will have a look at it tomorrow when I get mine :)

Advertisement