Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Interesting.... I got a box of coils as well so I'll have to keep an eye and see what happens when I change.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Iv had leaks on mine a few times. Keeping the air flow closed when filling and not in use has minimised it. The only other time its done it is when the coils life is running low it can randomly leak lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tivvo

Watched a few videos on it & it is a .8 kanthal coil,it does MTL at around 25w & a DL up to 35w.
    The 11w you are using is too low,it's not heating the juice quick enough & that could cause spitting...

The Slipstream tank looks good,the only negative thing mentioned was the gurgling if left alone & not vaped for a certain time,spit back wasn't mentioned.

My theory is,pump up the watts to see if that works or gurgling means the coil is flooded & when you power the coil,the excess juice is sitting on the coil & when the coil heats up,it then causes spit back,the excess juice has to go somewhere & it does,straight up the chimney & straight into your mouth.

Try clearing the excess juice by holding tank & mod in your hand tightly & give a few downward whips & that should clear the excess juice from the coil & straight through the mouth piece.

Another way is to hold the tank in an upside-down position,loosely cover the air holes with tissue & blow hard through the mouth piece a few times & that will clear the excess juice.

If all fails,change the coil...

Thanks for that reply! I had initially started at 20w but the spitting was unbearable!? I kept reducing the wattage by small increments until finally 9.5w was the highest I could go with no spitback. There's probably a good chance I flooded it so I'll try your suggestions and let you know how I go. Hopefully it'll improve, as my first experience of these modboxes is nowhere near the fun I thought it would be :(
    Cheers

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you've flooded it, sometimes a quick blast on a high wattage can clear the flooding, but I'd be more inclined to try the other methods listed above before you try that, because you don't want to risk burning your coil.

Anyone got any experience travelling with batteries? I'm off to Spain in July and will probably have a couple of 18650s with me. I know they have to go in the hand luggage but do I need to buy a special box for them? I saw on aer lingus website that loose batteries aren't allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Toots wrote:
    Anyone got any experience travelling with batteries? I'm off to Spain in July and will probably have a couple of 18650s with me. I know they have to go in the hand luggage but do I need to buy a special box for them? I saw on aer lingus website that loose batteries aren't allowed.

Toots wrote:

You shouldn't be carrying batteries loose at any time!!! Always put them in a protective case

Garyt82 wrote: »
    You shouldn't be carrying batteries loose at any time!!! Always put them in a protective case

Usually I wouldn't be carrying batteries around with me - I just leave them at home in the box they came in - but I don't fancy chucking 4 or 5 little individual cardboard boxes into my hand luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Toots wrote:
    Usually I wouldn't be carrying batteries around with me - I just leave them at home in the box they came in - but I don't fancy chucking 4 or 5 little individual cardboard boxes into my hand luggage.

Kix sell hard plastic cases for them for a couple of euro. Grab a couple, they're very handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Toots wrote: »

http://picknmixdiy.com/Plastic-Storage-Case-18650-Battery-picknmixdiy-wexford-vaping-ireland

Garyt82 wrote: »
    Kix sell hard plastic cases for them for a couple of euro. Grab a couple, they're very handy
    Tickityboo wrote: »

Thanks guys! I'll grab a couple of those!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

I use these silicone ones: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10023703/7079106-2-18650-battery-silicone-protective-gel-skin-case

I like them because I'd have broken any hard plastic ones by now.

Is it safe to fly with the batteries in the mod or would it be better to take them out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Toots wrote: »
    Is it safe to fly with the batteries in the mod or would it be better to take them out?

100% safe imo. Done it pretty much every time I've flown with mods...

Only missing one of my pre tpd orders now from eclearvape.

Got a part refund for something that was out of stock and im wondering what it was as the amount doesnt match what i ordered. Should be here tomorrow or friday so will be interesting to see what turns up, maybe they have switched it for something and refunded the diff. An email would have been nice

Tbh all i really wanted in the order was the 3 dinner ladys as iv not tried them but heard good things. the rest was just random cheap juices lol.

Be disappointed if they are missing but the refund doesnt match so maybe it was something else.

lankz92 wrote: »
    Only missing one of my pre tpd orders now from eclearvape.

Got a part refund for something that was out of stock and im wondering what it was as the amount doesnt match what i ordered. Should be here tomorrow or friday so will be interesting to see what turns up, maybe they have switched it for something and refunded the diff. An email would have been nice

Tbh all i really wanted in the order was the 3 dinner ladys as iv not tried them but heard good things. the rest was just random cheap juices lol.

Be disappointed if they are missing but the refund doesnt match so maybe it was something else.

Got this today. 2 of the dinner ladys was the refund and one other. Not bothered really. Trying the dinner lady at the min and not really seeing the hype, so better off with the part refund tbh. Its alright just not my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Hey lads, I've not bought any new vape gear in a long while and I haven't been keeping up with new releases either, anyway I'm after a new tank.
    For pre built I've been using the Aspire Triton/Atlantis range.
    Can anyone recommend something new please?
    I spotted a pile of Smok and Joyetech gear but not a clue which to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just got a Smok Alien and pretty happy with it so far. Just wondering if there is there any point in updating the firmware or should I leave well enough alone?

Just got a Smok Alien and pretty happy with it so far. Just wondering if there is there any point in updating the firmware or should I leave well enough alone?

Its a pain to do. Took me a couple of attempts to get it right and im not even sure what it does lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I think it's just more watts for the Alien,Smok upgrade is a pain,all smoks will brick the mod if firmware is done wrong except the Alien 220w...

lankz92 wrote: »
    Its a pain to do. Took me a couple of attempts to get it right and im not even sure what it does lol

Yeah think I'll leave it so. Would like the ability to have a minimum time for a 'puff' to register as every time you lock the device it registers as 5 puffs.

Another question I had about it is whether it's okay to charge it via usb port? I'd guess it as long as the charging amperage is 1A or lower?

• Advertisement

Yeah think I'll leave it so. Would like the ability to have a minimum time for a 'puff' to register as every time you lock the device it registers as 5 puffs.

Another question I had about it is whether it's okay to charge it via usb port? I'd guess it as long as the charging amperage is 1A or lower?

I always charge mine via usb. In fact i dont even have an external charger. No issues yet.

The puff count? Hit the watt up and down at the same time locks it too rather thsn 5 clicks

Quick review of the Aeronaut v1 rda.

Hands down the best dripper I've used. Easy to build on, flavour and clouds are fantastic. It's beautifully crafted and a step ahead of anything I've seen or used before. An absolute bargain at €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Probably a stupid question but can the smok tfv8 baby coils be used in temp control mode? What are they made from?

It came with 1 q2 coil and 1 t8 coil.

Probably a stupid question but can the smok tfv8 baby coils be used in temp control mode? What are they made from?

It came with 1 q2 coil and 1 t8 coil.

No they haven't released any TC coils for it yet apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

No they haven't released any TC coils for it yet apparently

Perfect thanks. Just so i know. Gonna use up the two coils that came with it before i try out the rba. Hope it works well now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The Vape Club is opening in Coolock Village in a few weeks. Very much looking forward to dropping in!

Just got a Joyetech Cubis yesterday and it's remarkably poor. Using the 1.5ohm clpaton coil that came with it. Flavour is poor and it's spitting like crazy. A few reviews mentioned these are common problems but then others said it was good. Upping the wattage beyond the max 20w recommended for the coil helps. The cup design is interesting, just a pity it's so poor in use. It also came with a .5 and 1 ohm SS coils for use in TC mode so hopefully they are better.

Finally got the OBS engine working properly. Wicking was the issue originally but after 3 attempts I'm now running dual Klapton coils @0.16ohms at 95w. It's top notch, v impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Just got a Joyetech Cubis yesterday and it's remarkably poor. Using the 1.5ohm clpaton coil that came with it. Flavour is poor and it's spitting like crazy. A few reviews mentioned these are common problems but then others said it was good. Upping the wattage beyond the max 20w recommended for the coil helps. The cup design is interesting, just a pity it's so poor in use. It also came with a .5 and 1 ohm SS coils for use in TC mode so hopefully they are better.
    I would fully agree with you. The 1 ohm is a little better but overall a fiddly, annoying tank.

• Advertisement

deisedav wrote: »
    I would fully agree with you. The 1 ohm is a little better but overall a fiddly, annoying tank.

Do you you know do the 0.5 and 1ohm coils have to be used in TC mode?

Advertisement