Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Hi all! I'm off the smokes and I want to buy a vaporiser. Just to stay off the fags.

I was looking at this or this?

I don't mind either, I just don't want it leaking, over heating or giving off a taste of metal like cheap one have in the past.

Which would ye recommend and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

jonski wrote: »
    Is it not like the Penguin where you just take a plastic stopper out of the tank ?

Yes,very similar to the penguin but with improvements apparently...

job seeker wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm off the smokes and I want to buy a vaporiser. Just to stay off the fags.

I don't mind either, I just don't want it leaking, over heating or giving off a taste of metal like cheap one have in the past.

The Zelos kit is the most popular kit out there,fantastic coils in the Nautilus 2,there is a particular way to fill this tank so it doesn't leak,ask here about filling if you decide to buy.
    You can get it here http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html & use the code IRISHVAPE to get 10% off...
    Spare 1.8 coils are here http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

I have both, they're my two mods. Personally, I think the Zelos is a much better mod. Battery life is brilliant and I find it much more responsive that the Pico. I'd start off on the 1.8 coils and as the ever knowledgeable youdipstick mentions I can't recommend thebestshop enough. Next day delivery. On the tank, i've had nothing but issues with both N2's I have and prefer the Melo. My Siren 2 has now shipped so looking forward to that arriving.. along with the Melo 3&4 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

There's a new E Cig Shop just off Grafton Street, just next door to La Cave restaurant which might be of use to people based on town.

Its name is wildly original, "E Cig Shop"

They seem to have a good selection of coils, Aspire in particular. Lots of juices but nothing ground breaking really. To me a lot of it looked like 2nd hand older stock. odds and ends type thing.... 70/30 vg/pg with 12mg nic !

Shocking price on mods though, such a pity really. Baby Alien Kit €80 :eek: its half that on amazon uk ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

conjon wrote: »
    I have both, they're my two mods. Personally, I think the Zelos is a much better mod. Battery life is brilliant and I find it much more responsive that the Pico. I'd start off on the 1.8 coils and as the ever knowledgeable youdipstick mentions I can't recommend thebestshop enough. Next day delivery. On the tank, i've had nothing but issues with both N2's I have and prefer the Melo. My Siren 2 has now shipped so looking forward to that arriving.. along with the Melo 3&4 :-)

Just to point out the Zelos is a lot newer so its long term reliability isn't proven. Aspire wouldn't be the greatest make of mod on the planet either imo.

Ive a couple of Picos for the bones of nearly 2 years now, both are still going strong and still work v well. Its a great little mod imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've pre-ordered the Innokin Ares but it's 24mm and won't fit any of my mods. Anyone got recommendation for a cheep and small mod to sit this on? Doesn't have to be high wattage or anything, just going to be used for mtl vaping.

EDIT: This would do the job right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I've pre-ordered the Innokin Ares but it's 24mm and won't fit any of my mods. Anyone got recommendation for a cheep and small mod to sit this on? Doesn't have to be high wattage or anything, just going to be used for mtl vaping.

EDIT: This would do the job right?

A 24mm will fit on that perfectly but maybe look into getting a newer version like the TC 100w or Ultra 150w. I'v been using a TC 100 for over a year now and its a cracking little mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭london.irish

Hi Guys,
    Carrying out a survey for Vape users for my thesis within DIT. i uploaded it on survey monkey and hoping if any of you have a minute could you possible fill it out. its in two parts 10 questions each. just trying to gather as much information about new technology and vape events within Ireland and average costs people are spending. if anyone has a moment to fill it out id greatly appreciated it. whole family vapes and cousins too so have a few there too. thanks guys ill post the links below its all anonymous as well.

part 1 : https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V9VG65M
    Part 2: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V7NJDBM
    Done. Good luck with your thesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Hi Guys,
    Carrying out a survey for Vape users for my thesis within DIT. i uploaded it on survey monkey and hoping if any of you have a minute could you possible fill it out. its in two parts 10 questions each. just trying to gather as much information about new technology and vape events within Ireland and average costs people are spending. if anyone has a moment to fill it out id greatly appreciated it. whole family vapes and cousins too so have a few there too. thanks guys ill post the links below its all anonymous as well.

Done & done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Hi Guys, Carrying out a survey for Vape users for my thesis within DIT. i uploaded it on survey monkey and hoping if any of you have a minute could you possible fill it out. its in two parts 10 questions each. just trying to gather as much information about new technology and vape events within Ireland and average costs people are spending. if anyone has a moment to fill it out id greatly appreciated it. whole family vapes and cousins too so have a few there too. thanks guys ill post the links below its all anonymous as well.

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hi Guys,

Done, interesting to see the results

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Adam I've deleted all your posts bar the one in this thread. Generally I would ban people for posting the same thing in multiple threads of the same forum but since some posters here are supporting it I will let it go this time. Starting your own thread would have been the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Adambutterly

Yeah i'm sorry i'm not the best with boards i thought if i put it in more than one maybe it will get seen more! do you think i'm better off just starting my own thread for it? thank you again for anyone who filled it in its really gonna help me! as people in the street aren't as happy to take the time to fill it out which I understand people are busy busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Adambutterly

I'll start a thread for it then it might make it easier for people to see. i'll delete the ones i posted in this forum if you like. sorry again about the multiple posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Anyone have a Cuboid 200W? Just ordered one on Fasttech for €23. Can't seem to find anywhere if you can lock resistance on it

Either way it feels like a steal unless there is some massive issue with it

conjon wrote: »
    The Zelos kit is the most popular kit out there,fantastic coils in the Nautilus 2,there is a particular way to fill this tank so it doesn't leak,ask here about filling if you decide to buy.
    You can get it here http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html & use the code IRISHVAPE to get 10% off...
    Spare 1.8 coils are here http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html
    Trond wrote: »
    Just to point out the Zelos is a lot newer so its long term reliability isn't proven. Aspire wouldn't be the greatest make of mod on the planet either imo.

Ive a couple of Picos for the bones of nearly 2 years now, both are still going strong and still work v well. Its a great little mod imo...

Thank you all for the advice.

I was since looking into the Pico, I came across this Pico for 16 Euro on eBay. I'm just wondering why it's so cheap?? Also, would 75 watt be strong enough? Sorry I'm a total noob.. :o

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/iStick-Pico-Kit-75W-With-2ML-Melo-3-Tank-Tomizer-Starter-Kit-Stainless/112615256518?hash=item1a386471c6:m:m34mssTlYsSIdt6ptOeJ2EQ

Thank you all for the advice.

I was since looking into the Pico, I came across this Pico for 16 Euro on eBay. I'm just wondering why it's so cheap?? Also, would 75 watt be strong enough? Sorry I'm a total noob.. :o

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/iStick-Pico-Kit-75W-With-2ML-Melo-3-Tank-Tomizer-Starter-Kit-Stainless/112615256518?hash=item1a386471c6:m:m34mssTlYsSIdt6ptOeJ2EQ

This seller is in HK China,so you have a minimum of a month to wait for the delivery & probably longer as it is Xmas...

You could have bought it from VapeWild for €16 here in Ireland...

They are cheaper now because they have been on sale for over 2 years (old hat now but still a great mod) you will need an 18650 battery...

75w is plenty for most of us & it has a built in charger which I have been using the past 2 years with no probs...

Also,the Pico is only good for 22mm & smaller tanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Anyone here use the Digiflavor Siren 2 GTA? Getting a fair bit of leakage from the air intakes now and again, its quite annoying. Tried different thickness of cotton, different temps, it's fine for a while but then leaks again eventually.

Anyone here use the Digiflavor Siren 2 GTA? Getting a fair bit of leakage from the air intakes now and again, its quite annoying. Tried different thickness of cotton, different temps, it's fine for a while but then leaks again eventually.

I have one, I was getting a lot of leaking through the airholes on my first build but I think it was because I didn't use enough cotton. I've gone through several rewickings now and haven't had any further leaking. I think the trick it to make sure that the cotton is packed to just the right amount of tightness in the wicking channels.

• Advertisement

I have one, I was getting a lot of leaking through the airholes on my first build but I think it was because I didn't use enough cotton. I've gone through several rewickings now and haven't had any further leaking. I think the trick it to make sure that the cotton is packed to just the right amount of tightness in the wicking channels.

What size coils do you use? Don't suppose you could go into a bit more detail on the amount of cotton you use to get it right?

What size coils do you use? Don't suppose you could go into a bit more detail on the amount of cotton you use to get it right?

I've used a few different coils but mostly 2.5/3mm 24/26AWG Kanthal A1(not spaced). Cotton wise it's hard to explain, I'll take a pic next time I'm rewicking, tonight probably. I cut a strip of about 1cm and roll it. I don't usually comb it as that amount tends be just perfect. As long as the cotton isn't too loose or tight in the coil that seems about right

Are you using liquid with not enough VG in it...

This seller is in HK China,so you have a minimum of a month to wait for the delivery & probably longer as it is Xmas...

You could have bought it from VapeWild for €16 here in Ireland...

They are cheaper now because they have been on sale for over 2 years (old hat now but still a great mod) you will need an 18650 battery...

75w is plenty for most of us & it has a built in charger which I have been using the past 2 years with no probs...

Also,the Pico is only good for 22mm & smaller tanks...

Ah yeah, I would be waiting for it. The reason I didn't use vapewild is that I've no passport to prove that I'm over 18. So buying it off ebay will do, while not ideal, I'd be willing to wait.

That's great price I think. I wouldn't be worried about it been old.

Good to hear that yours is still going strong after 2 years.

Thanks for the info, btw is there cotton to be changed in these or is it just the coil? This is the issue I have with vaping, it's having to change all the parts.. I wouldn't mind changing a coil every couple of weeks..

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Thanks for the info, btw is there cotton to be changed in these or is it just the coil? This is the issue I have with vaping, it's having to change all the parts.. I wouldn't mind changing a coil every couple of weeks..

Thanks for the info.

How often you need to change coils depends on how much you vape and the type of juice you use. Juices with alot of sweetener tend to gunk up coils faster than non super sweet juices but on average you would need to change coils every week to week and a half.

Depending on the tank you are using, such as an RTA or RDA, you can build you own coils which will require you to use cotton to wick them. This is pretty easy to do and will save you a fortune. For the price of 2 weeks of coils for a TFV8, I got enough wire and cotton to last me roughly half a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Ah yeah, I would be waiting for it. The reason I didn't use vapewild is that I've no passport to prove that I'm over 18. So buying it off ebay will do, while not ideal, I'd be willing to wait.

That's great price I think. I wouldn't be worried about it been old.

Good to hear that yours is still going strong after 2 years.

Thanks for the info.

JS have a look on cigabuy. They ship with the EU, cost is 4 euro. They've 3/4 mods in the 20-30 mark without a tank. You'd have a delivery from them in less than 2 weeks

Are you using liquid with not enough VG in it...

That's possible, I have a 85% VG 15% PG base mix and underestimated the effect the nicotine would dilute that, the nicotine was PG based. I didn't realise just how much of it I'd need to achieve the 8mg base I was going for. So the final mix is definitely a lot less than 85% VG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Would anyone know of a fat/bubble tank for the crown 3?

That's possible, I have a 85% VG 15% PG base mix and underestimated the effect the nicotine would dilute that, the nicotine was PG based. I didn't realise just how much of it I'd need to achieve the 8mg base I was going for. So the final mix is definitely a lot less than 85% VG.

Your liquid is ok at 85vg,if it was 60vg/40pg,then I would say that was the cause of your leaking.
    Have you tried the Scottish Roll wicking,it improves your wicking & less leaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2-hy9hmugk

• Advertisement

Here's my wicking. I usually use liquids that are between 50/50 and 70/30 VG/PG

Advertisement