Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

job seeker wrote: »
    Ah yeah. I should have copped that before ordering.

Cheers for that.

Can I just ask, do you run the battery flat and then charge it or charge it straight out of the box?

Watched a video about priming the coil. It seems pure easy peasy lemon sqeezey..

If the light is blue,use it straight away,I charge mine when I see the amber or red light on the fire button.

You probably know this,there is a fill line on the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

If the light is blue,use it straight away,I charge mine when I see the amber or red light on the fire button.

You probably know this,there is a fill line on the tank.

Oh that's perfect. I just don't want the battery to get ruin. In the sense that it doesn't last as long as it should when charged.

Oh yes. It half way up the kind of windows on the tank. Cheers.. :)

I got a white one. I'm very pleased with it. I got 30/70 mentol ejuice. I.thought mentol was a safe bet as I used to smoke pall mall click. So it feels the exact same.. :)

Oh that's perfect. I just don't want the battery to get ruin. In the sense that it doesn't last as long as it should when charged.

Oh yes. It half way up the kind of windows on the tank. Cheers.. :)

I got a white one. I'm very pleased with it. I got 30/70 mentol ejuice. I.thought mentol was a safe bet as I used to smoke pall mall click. So it feels the exact same.. :)

Pic here. :D

Pic here. :D

The white looks good & you can see the fill line perfect,you can't see it as well with the black or silver one.As you say,fill half way up,I have gone past the line before & the juice just came pouring out when I screwed the top cap on,I do get away with filling it about 1mm past the fill line.

When charging,you can carry on vaping with it...

Menthol liquids are excellent for that extra throat hit..

Good luck with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Gearbest running specials on vape gear again.

https://www.gearbest.com/promotion-monster-black-friday-amp-cyb-special-1668.html?1&utm_source=mail_api&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=GB_ecigarette_171220_1513762562&eo=ssi8JC6FLwVDzHmP

Ordered another Geekvape Zeus in gunmetal to mix and match parts with my black one for some ultimate matchy matchy goodness :)

• Advertisement

The white looks good & you can see the fill line perfect,you can't see it as well with the black or silver one.As you say,fill half way up,I have gone past the line before & the juice just came pouring out when I screwed the top cap on,I do get away with filling it about 1mm past the fill line.

When charging,you can carry on vaping with it...

Menthol liquids are excellent for that extra throat hit..

Good luck with it...

Thanks and thanks again for all your help. I'd not have known half of the stuff, only you were so good to help me out. :)

Thanks and thanks again for all your help. I'd not have known half of the stuff, only you were so good to help me out. :)

No probs,there's alot of us here to help anytime you need it,one day it will be you helping others...

Eventually you will be back if vaping becomes a hobby....Advanced Vaping:eek::eek::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shane122

Hi, new to rebuilds. So far it's a hit and miss, the wattage is so different compered to premade coils. If I make a small coil .88 ohms can I use more wattage cause I'm covering less surface area of the wick ompared to same ID build and more wraps coming in @ 1.1 ohm. Currently have a 26 guage at .88 ohms at 22 watts using 70vg 30pg on MTL tank. Any advice would be appreciated.

shane122 wrote: »
    Hi, new to rebuilds. So far it's a hit and miss, the wattage is so different compered to premade coils. If I make a small coil .88 ohms can I use more wattage cause I'm covering less surface area of the wick ompared to same ID build and more wraps coming in @ 1.1 ohm. Currently have a 26 guage at .88 ohms at 22 watts using 70vg 30pg on MTL tank. Any advice would be appreciated.

You can bump up the wattage if you think you need it,you'll know when it's too high when you get a burn taste...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rubberella

Hi. New to vaping and was wondering what device to buy. Dropped in last week to 2 great guys in Vintage Vape in town and had a great chat with them. Now doing more research but very difficult as now so many shops selling such a huge range of devices. Ideally I'd like to purchase from the lads in Vintage so have been checking out the Mods on their website. They have advised me to go for a decent starter setup but ideally I'd like something better than average but short of the pro stuff. On their site they have the Vgod Pro 150, the Joytech Ocular, etc. I am looking for something that produces decent clouds and looks cool but I know very little about tanks, etc and how to build a top device. I asked about a particular model in Vintage and they steered me away from it as it isn't regulated. Safety is really important to me so I'd like something that doesn't necessarily need much tweaking and I want to make sure I have no accidents. Any advice would be much appreciated. Vintagevaperooms.com is where I have been looking. Rubberella

• Advertisement

Rubberella wrote: »
    Hi. New to vaping and was wondering what device to buy. Dropped in last week to 2 great guys in Vintage Vape in town and had a great chat with them. Now doing more research but very difficult as now so many shops selling such a huge range of devices. Ideally I'd like to purchase from the lads in Vintage so have been checking out the Mods on their website. They have advised me to go for a decent starter setup but ideally I'd like something better than average but short of the pro stuff. On their site they have the Vgod Pro 150, the Joytech Ocular, etc. I am looking for something that produces decent clouds and looks cool but I know very little about tanks, etc and how to build a top device. I asked about a particular model in Vintage and they steered me away from it as it isn't regulated. Safety is really important to me so I'd like something that doesn't necessarily need much tweaking and I want to make sure I have no accidents. Any advice would be much appreciated. Vintagevaperooms.com is where I have been looking. Rubberella

The Vgod Pro 150 and Joytech Ocular are pretty old tech, pretty crap in this day and age and totally overpriced.

Get the Aspire Zelos kit.
    http://vintagevaperooms.com/shop/hardware/aspire-zelos-50w-kit/

Once you get used to vaping you can better decide what sort of gear you want to move to.

Thanks Venom.
    Many thanks for the reply and for taking a look. Much appreciated. From looking at the one you mention, it does sound like a good option and more suited to me. I'm closing in on a purchase in the coming days. Several reasons for now going down the vaping route. Firstly, I am now more a social smoker and keep lapsing once I have a few drinks. Still don't remember getting that last pack of Superkings! Plus, I'm often running for buses or the luas and by the time I have lit a cigarette and taken a couple drags, I have to hop on the bus or luas. So it would also be great just to be able to whip out an e-cig (or whatever) and get in a few sneaky draws. Also, I suffer from anxiety and have heard that vaping can be very relaxing.

Also meant to ask about the Voopoo Drag 157W TC box mod, which u could adjust by 1 watt increments. Would this be ok to start on a low wattage and increase as I get used to it or is this even how it works. Couple of the Vaporesso ones look pretty good too e.g the Nebula.

I totally agree with Venom,the Zelos Kit is the best out there for new vapors,the Drag & the Nebula has a whole pile of settings which can be overwhelming to a newbie but they will work with a Nautilus2 tank which comes in the Zelos kit,the Nautilus2 can be bought separately,it is the best tank on the market for new vapors.
    Check it out on Youtube...

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Garyt82

Venom wrote:
    The Vgod Pro 150 and Joytech Ocular are pretty old tech, pretty crap in this day and age and totally overpriced.

I beg to differ on the vgod. I have one and it is a fantastic piece of kit. It's neat and stylish and performs excellently. I'll agree it's overpriced but certainly not "old-tech"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Thanks Venom.
    Many thanks for the reply and for taking a look. Much appreciated. From looking at the one you mention, it does sound like a good option and more suited to me. I'm closing in on a purchase in the coming days. Several reasons for now going down the vaping route. Firstly, I am now more a social smoker and keep lapsing once I have a few drinks. Still don't remember getting that last pack of Superkings! Plus, I'm often running for buses or the luas and by the time I have lit a cigarette and taken a couple drags, I have to hop on the bus or luas. So it would also be great just to be able to whip out an e-cig (or whatever) and get in a few sneaky draws. Also, I suffer from anxiety and have heard that vaping can be very relaxing.

As said already the Zelos kit is an ideal kit to start vaping. If you suffer from anxiety it might also be worth your while checking out CBD oil which has numerous benefits and would also be ideally used in something like the Zelos kit. You'll get some info on CBD here.
    https://hempture.ie

Also meant to ask about the Voopoo Drag 157W TC box mod, which u could adjust by 1 watt increments. Would this be ok to start on a low wattage and increase as I get used to it or is this even how it works. Couple of the Vaporesso ones look pretty good too e.g the Nebula.

The Drag is a very popular mod in the vaping community but personally not my style. The miss matched side panels would do my head in as is having overhang if using 24mm tanks. Great chip in it tho. A GTRS Vboy is a much better option for alot less if you deal with the odd button placement.
    Garyt82 wrote: »
    I beg to differ on the vgod. I have one and it is a fantastic piece of kit. It's neat and stylish and performs excellently. I'll agree it's overpriced but certainly not "old-tech"

The Vgod is over a year old, has a weird menu system or lack of one and doesn't do SS in TC mode. So many better mods on the market these days for the price.

Venom wrote:
    The Vgod is over a year old, has a weird menu system or lack of one and doesn't do SS in TC mode. So many better mods on the market these days for the price.

I like the menu, it's simple to use. The lack of ss in TC mode doesn't bother me as I never use TC anyway. I agree there's better mods for the money but that doesn't make the vgod a bad mod either. I use mine daily and can't fault it at all.

Many thanks. Advice is much appreciated.

I suppose a lot of it is subjective. I have a feeling that once I buy one, down the line I'll get another and so on. I can see why people end up with a collection of various types, from portable ones to home ones, etc. Meant to ask what the position is with regards bringing devices through airports?

• Advertisement

Rubberella wrote:
    I suppose a lot of it is subjective. I have a feeling that once I buy one, down the line I'll get another and so on. I can see why people end up with a collection of various types, from portable ones to home ones, etc. Meant to ask what the position is with regards bringing devices through airports?

Exactly, my advice would be that while the zelos is an excellent device go for something with more power as like you said, you'll end up with a collection so a higher power device will future proof you in regards to not being limited to 50watts and therefore not having to fork out for something else.

Airports are grand, just take your device in your carry on luggage

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Completely agree with what the lads have said. The Zelos/N2 got me off the smokes. I can't recommend it highly enough.

You're right in what you say, this will be the first purchase of many :)

The reason so many of us run more than one tank/mod is so we can vape different juices at the same time as much as it is a hobby. I find vaping a mint juice every now and again helps get rid of vape tongue but can't be arsed changing out wicks and tanks just to do so. It's important to note than even when you move onto a different device, you're previous one still has a purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Rubberella wrote:

How many devices you have will all depend on how far you choose to go with vaping, it can quickly become a type of hobby if you allow it. The only advice I'd offer is research as much as possible before buying anything, buy as good as you can afford and ask as many questions here or elsewhere on anything your not sure about.

Many thanks. Good point about running 2 at the same time and not wanting to switch tanks, etc. Easy then to switch juices based on mood.

Many thanks for the advice over the last few days. I think I'm pretty much decided on the Aspire Zelos 50W Kit but will make the final decision after one last chat with the lads in Vintage Vape this week. Then all I have to do is decide on the colour! And which e-liquid to buy! As well as being in the excited state where I want to try everything, from fruity to desserty to tobacco flavour, I also like the sound of the DRS juices and CBD oil. Plus, I was looking at Pro Nic Shots to add to the juice. Because I have been cutting down on cigarettes in the last 2 months, I have managed to get from 15-20 a day down to around 10. So I'll have to decide on whether 6mg is enough or whether I should start on 12mg. I never thought there was so much to think about. Plus I'm already thinking of down the line when I inevitably get a 2nd tank (way way more powerful) and run them in tandem.

Many thanks for the advice over the last few days. I think I'm pretty much decided on the Aspire Zelos 50W Kit but will make the final decision after one last chat with the lads in Vintage Vape this week. Then all I have to do is decide on the colour! And which e-liquid to buy! As well as being in the excited state where I want to try everything, from fruity to desserty to tobacco flavour, I also like the sound of the DRS juices and CBD oil. Plus, I was looking at Pro Nic Shots to add to the juice. Because I have been cutting down on cigarettes in the last 2 months, I have managed to get from 15-20 a day down to around 10. So I'll have to decide on whether 6mg is enough or whether I should start on 12mg. I never thought there was so much to think about. Plus I'm already thinking of down the line when I inevitably get a 2nd tank (way way more powerful) and run them in tandem.

I would recommend starting with 18mg,6mg is very low & more suitable for advanced tanks(sub-ohm coils) where you can push up the watts to get that throat hit.
    You don't want to start craving for a fag on your first vape,don't buy too many bottles at the start but I would suggest that you start with 18mg & if you find the Nicotine is too strong,drop down to 12mg,you can mix these flavours that have different mg's of Nic to weaken or strengthen the Nic.

A little tip with the Nautilus2,they leak at every fill up,they tend to flood the coil when refilling but there is a remedy for this.
    Once filled,screw the top cap on slowly until you feel it biting into the O-Ring,stop screwing & turn the tank upside down for 2 seconds & then fully screw on the top cap,some top fill tanks suffer with this problem,you can ask about this when you visit the shop,a great tank otherwise.
    The old Nautilus's didn't do this because they were bottom fills.

Don't forget to prime your new coil before firing your mod,you don't want to burn your new dry coil,this procedure is for all coils & tanks.

Good luck & you will cough a few times at start,your lungs are adjusting to the clean vapour instead of those 2000 toxins that comes with ciggy's....

Many thanks for this great advice, both on the nicotine and also on the leaking tank. I had read lots about the tank and the problems some people have had with leaks so I had actually been looking for tips like this. Will really help.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Was going to download the latest software for an Eleaf istick power but up beside the www. address bar there is i think it like an info click on,when i do it says that my connection to the site is unsecure and not to enter any sensitive information,passwords etc,any imput appreciated...
    http://www.eleafworld.com/softwares-for-istick-power/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Whats the best kit for someone starting?

Advertisement