Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Whats the best kit for someone starting?

Seamus are you a smoker looking to quit or looking to get into vaping. If you're looking to give up the smokes, I'd recommend the Aspire Zelos. I'd have a read over the last pages in this thread.
    Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

damon5 wrote: »
    Was going to download the latest software for an Eleaf istick power but up beside the www. address bar there is i think it like an info click on,when i do it says that my connection to the site is unsecure and not to enter any sensitive information,passwords etc,any imput appreciated...
    http://www.eleafworld.com/softwares-for-istick-power/

That notification only comes up on some browsers,I wouldn't worry about it,just download the update & save it to your downloads or desktop(windows) & follow instructions if there are any,check youtube on how to update your eleaf,some updates can be a pain to do like Smok.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Hi, I'm looking to get a new kit to try giving up smoking again! I did have the aspire nautilus mini a couple of years ago and found it good but I think it needs an upgrade.

As recommended I think the Zelos is probably be the one ill go for. I just like to use a menthol flavour liquid so was wondering is there any type of liquid I should go for in particular to be compatible with the device or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

damon5 wrote:
    Was going to download the latest software for an Eleaf istick power but up beside the www. address bar there is i think it like an info click on,when i do it says that my connection to the site is unsecure and not to enter any sensitive information,passwords etc,any imput appreciated...

I never bother with upgrading any mod tbh,unless it's an essential for any DNA mods. A lot of these upgrades really don't add a lot of benefits to the mod and in fact can cause issues that didn't exist prior to upgrade. As an example, the upgrade for the SX Mini G class is a pain to install and a lot of users are complaining of it reducing power, the extras you gain are a new clock face and some wallpapers. !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

That notification only comes up on some browsers,I wouldn't worry about it,just download the update & save it to your downloads or desktop(windows) & follow instructions if there are any,check youtube on how to update your eleaf,some updates can be a pain to do like Smok.

Will do,many thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

I never bother with upgrading any mod tbh,unless it's an essential for any DNA mods. A lot of these upgrades really don't add a lot of benefits to the mod and in fact can cause issues that didn't exist prior to upgrade. As an example, the upgrade for the SX Mini G class is a pain to install and a lot of users are complaining of it reducing power, the extras you gain are a new clock face and some wallpapers. !!!!!

Something to think about,thanks for that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rubberella

Hi. I am new to this but have been getting some brill advice here the last few days. I'm calling back into the guys in Vintage Vape Rooms off Dame Street again in the next few days and am going to buy an Aspire Zelos kit from them. As I'm trying to give up the smokes, this looks to be a good way to go. Whereas you're more looking at the menthol types, I'm looking for something to eventually replace Superkings in my life. Still haven't decided what e-liquid to try first, but we are not restricted in our choices. From googling I can see e.g that Vintage Vape stock DRS Green, which seems to be a mixture of lime, kiwi and is very cooling with a subtle menthol taste. I see they also have one called Menthol Sensation Leaf which sounds like it could be more suited and is less costly. As I am new to this I could be totally wrong, which is why I'll ask more questions on here and when in with the lads in Vintage. Also meant to say that I'll be asking them for Nic (nicotine) Shots to add into whatever I get, to give me a throat hit to substitute for the kick from Superkings.

gaz15 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to get a new kit to try giving up smoking again! I did have the aspire nautilus mini a couple of years ago and found it good but I think it needs an upgrade.

As recommended I think the Zelos is probably be the one ill go for. I just like to use a menthol flavour liquid so was wondering is there any type of liquid I should go for in particular to be compatible with the device or does it matter?

Hard to beat the old or new Nautilus,the Zelos kit is ideal http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/854-aspire-zelos-50w-kit.html

Regarding the eliquid & the Zelos,here is some info I gave to someone else...

I would recommend starting with 18mg,6mg is very low & more suitable for advanced tanks(sub-ohm coils) where you can push up the watts to get that throat hit.
    You don't want to start craving for a fag on your first vape,don't buy too many bottles at the start but I would suggest that you start with 18mg & if you find the Nicotine is too strong,drop down to 12mg,you can mix these flavours that have different mg's of Nic to weaken or strengthen the Nic.
    VG & PG ratios for the Nautilus2...50vg/50pg-60vg/40pg-70vg/30pg-80vg/20pg any of those ratios will be ok,flavours will be your choice...

A little tip with the Nautilus2,they leak at every fill up,they tend to flood the coil when refilling but there is a remedy for this.
    Once filled,screw the top cap on slowly until you feel it biting into the O-Ring,stop screwing & turn the tank upside down for 2 seconds & then fully screw on the top cap,some top fill tanks suffer with this problem,you can ask about this when you visit the shop,a great tank otherwise.
    The old Nautilus's didn't do this because they were bottom fills.

Don't forget to prime your new coil before firing your mod,you don't want to burn your new dry coil,this procedure is for all coils & tanks.

And don't forget to buy some spare coils...

TheBestShop discount code is IRISHVAPE for 10% off

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Whats the best kit for someone starting?

Read the post above this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Best place to buy VG, PG & NIC these days?

I normally use pick n mix but I feel he may be a bit expensive

cheers

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried the Eleaf Ello tank?

I am using it with the W2 coils and i keep getting dry hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Hi all,

I've an Aspire Zelos 50W with the Nautiulus tank that comes with it. Loved it bar the odd time it would start leaking near the air holes/o-ring. Anyways, went at it a bit too hard one evening and the top tank part keeps getting wedged when you try open it and the bottom part that screws into the mod base comes off too.. to the point of needing a vice grips to hold the base tight if you wanted to separate them

Do you reckon getting a new tank would be all I'd need or would it be more likely to be an issue with the base? I can't tell where it's catching/not catching to figure out how to fix it.

If I need a new tank, can any one fit with the base? And if so, do tanks exist where you can fill it up without disassembling parts?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

cefh17 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've an Aspire Zelos 50W with the Nautiulus tank that comes with it. Loved it bar the odd time it would start leaking near the air holes/o-ring. Anyways, went at it a bit too hard one evening and the top tank part keeps getting wedged when you try open it and the bottom part that screws into the mod base comes off too.. to the point of needing a vice grips to hold the base tight if you wanted to separate them

Do you reckon getting a new tank would be all I'd need or would it be more likely to be an issue with the base? I can't tell where it's catching/not catching to figure out how to fix it.

If I need a new tank, can any one fit with the base? And if so, do tanks exist where you can fill it up without disassembling parts?

TIA

Had the same problem myself at the start but now when im tightening it the second i feel any pressure i stop . There is a bit of a gap from the top cap to the bottom where the airholes are but it doesn't leak . The tendency is to keep turning till its fully flush but if you do its a nightmare to get back off. Bit of a design flaw there if you ask me but its a decent tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

just got my Kayfun v5 clone as an upgrade for v2 and i'm a happy camper :) it is very easy to coil and wick and results are great even with 2.1ohm coil on 15Watts

Given the interest in the Yihi SX Mini, the MX Class which has just been released is on Cigabuy for USD 138. The code SX2018 will get you 10% off it for the next week.

Personally I think it's a lovely looking mod and Vic posted a very positive review of it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

What are peoples opinions on the geekvape zeus rta?

Im in the market for a new rta and i see gearbest have it for 23 dollars atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

What are peoples opinions on the geekvape zeus rta?

Im in the market for a new rta and i see gearbest have it for 23 dollars atm.

It's an epic tank. Great flavor and really doesn't leak. A bit harder to build on than say the Ammit 25 but much, MUCH easier to wick.

Venom wrote: »
    It's an epic tank. Great flavor and really doesn't leak. A bit harder to build on than say the Ammit 25 but much, MUCH easier to wick.

Funny you say that, im actually using the ammit at the min. Its hard to get good flavour without it weeping out the bottom.

I like the look of the zeus alot. Not a fan of the majority of the tanks out the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Ordered from gearbest on Jan 8th (pretty much the 9th as was just before midnight) and my RDA came on the 15th, very impressed and would use them again

• Advertisement

Ordered from gearbest on Jan 8th (pretty much the 9th as was just before midnight) and my RDA came on the 15th, very impressed and would use them again

Cant argue with that

Funny you say that, im actually using the ammit at the min. Its hard to get good flavour without it weeping out the bottom.

I like the look of the zeus alot. Not a fan of the majority of the tanks out the last 6 months.

I found the Ammit 25 a good tank for flavor but it's a real pain in the arse to wick correctly. It has to be perfect and even then the tank will leak after a while no matter what.

Hi. I was given some advice here the last few weeks and I have to say that the advice was totally........right! Thanks for recommending the Aspire Zelos 50 Watt kit as a starter kit. Got it yesterday. Wanted to get it from Vintage Vape but it was out of stock. So went with Smokedifferent. Had to order online as too busy with work to get across town but their service was top notch. Must get to both places I mentioned as I believe you can combine vaping and coffee drinking, which sounds good to me. I knew this was the wrong thing to do but I ordered a couple of e-liquids when I should have taken the time to go to either of the shops and have had a tasting session. Got 2 e-liquids but left one at work by mistake so filled the Zelos last night with what hasn't turned out to be the nicest of flavours. It's not awful so I will finish it. The other problem I had was adding a nic shot to mix. Got the e-liquid childproof top off grand but what's the story with the tab (?) with the spout i.e the actual bit u have to lift up to open up the e-liquid so you can throw the nic shot in? Can't find any groove to get it out. Must be missing something. Added liquid to the tank plus threw in some of the nic shot but not the way to do it. Anyway, no leaking issues due to the brill tip given on this forum. First proper vape ever this morning and all went well. Just tweaking the settings. Started with only 1 air hole open and at 13 watts, then gradually up to 20. Will open up air holes tomorrow. Really enjoyed the vape (more if I had gotten the right liquid). The liquid itself had a very potent smell off it and was interesting to see how the smell of the liquid would marry both with the taste of it and the smell of the vape. And what sort of initial taste there would be and the aftertaste. Hadn't even thought about the aftertaste but still have it on my tongue. Will take some getting used to still as I am so used to the Superkings taste and flavour. Very interesting and a success overall but still so much to try out. The Zelos was the right option for me once I had gotten the mad ideas of getting a huge top notch mod with the biggest clouds out of my head for now. I am learning to walk b4 I run. The Zelos is compact and solid and a great starter kit. Plus I am someone who feels self conscious often and while I had gotten over this while smoking over the years, I have strangely found myself reverting to being self conscious as I start vaping. This is also in part because a few of my friends said to me weeks back that they think people who vape look so stupid. Anyway, this has been my essay just to let u know what has been going thru my head as a newbie. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Rubberella wrote: »
    This is also in part because a few of my friends said to me weeks back that they think people who vape look so stupid.

My answer to this has always been, "more stupid than smoking ?"

Just ordered one from Gearbest. 21 euro delivered which is nice.

Just hope im not waiting months before i see it lol.

Just ordered one from Gearbest. 21 euro delivered which is nice.

Just hope im not waiting months before i see it lol.

I find Gearbest is normally around 3-4 weeks for delivery. Sucks compared to the UK shops but they run some crazy discounts so very often.

I find Gearbest is normally around 3-4 weeks for delivery. Sucks compared to the UK shops but they run some crazy discounts so very often.

Yeah im expecting that but at 21 euro i dont mind. Hope its worth the wait now.

Yeah im expecting that but at 21 euro i dont mind. Hope its worth the wait now.

I ordered this the week before Christmas and it arrived on Tuesday. Based on a couple of days use, its a great tank. Much better flavour than the Serpent SMM. Its definitely worth the wait..

I have to say I am thoroughly enjoyed my Zelos. Taste buds have adjusted more after the first day. And I'm even sort of enjoying the liquid I thought I didn't like at all. Shows u have to give things time. Plus after tweaking my settings I think I have found a sort of sweet spot where everything seems more what I was hoping for. So much so that I am three quarters through a full tank with no problems. Again, all the advice on here from lovely people has helped so much, from basics like drinking plenty of water up to more technical advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

Hello I'm new, have a question. I received a istck power nano for Christmas and can't for the life of me get used to it, figure out settings or just generally get it to work in a way that doesn't want me to go and buy a pouch of amber leaf and make myself a roll. (I previously used an eleaf istick mini but have only een vaping for about 6 months)

So basically a melo 3 nano, set up which I currently use with an ec ceramic head 0.5ohm.
    It came with ecml 0.75 head installed, which was fine but took me a bit to figure out settings using regular take it 50/50 juice, eventually toned it down to 12w and voltage at 200f (lowest setting)
    this worked ok until I changed coil to ceramic head and invested in 60/40 juices for better vape, realised needed to adjust settings and whacked it up to 22w and voltage to 240. This is what it currently sits at but vape experience is very poor, the vent is constantly leaking to the point where I usually vape now with a tissue wrapped around the cartomizer and despte regular cleaning, it just gets flooded all the time.

I'm planning on just buying myself a easy no fuss vape kit which doesn't require a degree in physics to operate, and would appreciate any advice. (if this is the wrong place for questions would mod move to somewhere more appropriate, thanks)

Advertisement