Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

If your vaping it in temp control at 12 or even 22 watts then your vape quality will be very poor. Take your mod out of temp control and switch it to wattage mode, up your wattage to 30/35 watts and adjust up/down from there. You should notice an improvement. Ceramic coils are excellent and can tolerate high wattage so don't be afraid to experiment. But get your mod out of temp control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

If your vaping it in temp control at 12 or even 22 watts then your vape quality will be very poor. Take your mod out of temp control and switch it to wattage mode, up your wattage to 30/35 watts and adjust up/down from there. You should notice an improvement. Ceramic coils are excellent and can tolerate high wattage so don't be afraid to experiment. But get your mod out of temp control.

thanks for quick response, just pushed it up there now and blew a big puffy cloud. Didn't realise they were exclusive of each other, I'm not great with numbers :D The ceramic coil is lovely and smooth to be fair so will keep at it for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Does anbody know anywhere that does the standard style black widebore 810 driptip that comes with the goon v1.5?

I want to put one on my original goon and need couple more for other tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Does anbody know anywhere that does the standard style black widebore 810 driptip that comes with the goon v1.5?

I want to put one on my original goon and need couple more for other tanks.

Did you try Gearbest Stuart? They've a big selection.

• Advertisement

conjon wrote: »
    Did you try Gearbest Stuart? They've a big selection.

Yeah they have a good few but nearly all resin and random colour. Im not sure on there dimensions either.

I know the goon one sits perfect on my ammit 25 so was going for that one again if i could.

Yeah they have a good few but nearly all resin and random colour. Im not sure on there dimensions either.

I know the goon one sits perfect on my ammit 25 so was going for that one again if i could.

http://www.3fvape.com/drip-tip/20524-810-wide-bore-drip-tip-for-528-goon-kennedy-reload-rda-black-pom-108mm.html#.WmchMyOcZ3k

Is that what you need ?

Big selection of Goon tips there.

Thats not far off but without the knurled edging.

The one in this link s the one im looking for

https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10021429/8210400-sxk-goon-v1-5-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Modefined Lyra 200w

For those in work

For those that like hearing fcuk alot

The black and ultem version has my name on it. Looking to be around €50 on Fastech/Gearbest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

Im vaping years now and never really got the whole shinyitus bug ( phew!)
    Im happy out vaping 2mg juice through an aspire clearomiser at about 10 or 11 watts every day.

I have noticed that going from 6mg to 3 mg I was vaping more and more juice so that explains why my coils aren't lasting any longer - Its basically the same amount of juice being vaped in a shorter time frame.

I can live with this but I'm still only getting about 3 days out of these coils,
    Is there an option for another coil inside these clearomisers or would i have to change to a new tank.

I like these tanks cause they are small and inoffensive to me

Has anyone any ideas for a similar sized clearo or should I just keep spending €4 a week on coils

aspire_maxi__bvc_clear.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Rubberella

So as a new vaper, I'm starting to experience what a lot of you have been talking about. Tried to get every last bit out of the end of my first ever tank of juice and took it that one puff too far. Yep, got that first burnt wallop of a hit. Yeuch. Worse than I thought. Also, because I had drastically cut down on the smokes in recent months, my tolerance for nicotine is surprisingly well down. Enjoying the throat hit but feeling a bit light headed and quesy with stomach at me. Was sure 6mg would be no problem but I'm wrong again!

Rubberella wrote:
    So as a new vaper, I'm starting to experience what a lot of you have been talking about. Tried to get every last bit out of the end of my first ever tank of juice and took it that one puff too far. Yep, got that first burnt wallop of a hit. Yeuch. Worse than I thought. Also, because I had drastically cut down on the smokes in recent months, my tolerance for nicotine is surprisingly well down. Enjoying the throat hit but feeling a bit light headed and quesy with stomach at me. Was sure 6mg would be no problem but I'm wrong again!

Vaping can dehydrate so make sure to drink plenty of water that'll help the light head sensation. Try a 3mg juice and see how you get on, you may not get as strong a throat hit if you vape mouth to lung but it should ease the queasy stomach.

Rubberella wrote: »

:D:D:D that dry hit is a SOB,if you had it in temp control you would not get it,all my tanks have SS coils & running on temp control,I've had too many dry hits in the past...

Finding your sweet spot changes because of different brands of juice/mg/watts/coils/pg-vg & you also have to take into account that the manufacturer of juices are putting in what they say,I have had higher mg of nic in a bottle which was different from the label,we just have to trust them,that 6mg could be 12mg,that's what your symptoms are telling me,try another brand or PG/VG ratio,more VG will give you a smoother vape.

Others will have their own opinions,we are all different vapors...

Yep. Much better today. Have eased off on the juice today. A cough on me like I have loads of flem. Quite crackly. Strangely enjoying the taste of no nicotine juice but not overly keen on taste with nicotine added into juice. Probably a good thing as will hasten me off the nicotine eventually. Gonna be a wuss and vary between 3mg and none for now.

I just checked last Sundays "What's Up" with Vaping Vic & I won this lot...

Smok MAG Kit (minus the tank)
    Vandy Vape Iconic RDA
    UD Apro 16
    Innokin Pocket Mod
    Innokin Riptide
    AsVape Defender

Mostly for beginners...

Vandy Vape Iconic RDA
    UD Apro 16
    Innokin Pocket Mod
    Innokin Riptide
    AsVape Defender

Mostly for beginners...

Congrats.....It's a great feeling to win something,even a bottle of juice.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Vandy Vape Iconic RDA
    UD Apro 16
    Innokin Pocket Mod
    Innokin Riptide
    AsVape Defender

Mostly for beginners...

Nice one :)

Vandy Vape Iconic RDA
    UD Apro 16
    Innokin Pocket Mod
    Innokin Riptide
    AsVape Defender

Mostly for beginners...

Ha brilliant. Havent watched the last one yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

Rubberella wrote: »
    Yep. Much better today. Have eased off on the juice today. A cough on me like I have loads of flem. Quite crackly. Strangely enjoying the taste of no nicotine juice but not overly keen on taste with nicotine added into juice. Probably a good thing as will hasten me off the nicotine eventually. Gonna be a wuss and vary between 3mg and none for now.

I wish I could do that, started on 18mg and gradually from 12 to 6/3. I still pick up a 12 just in case as with the lower volumes while grand and light I end up vaping twice as much and end up burnt out. I'd love to eventually get to zero and cough it all out.
    I picked up a new stick yesterday (getting too many ideas from this forum) so will keep 12 in that one for the nicotine hit and leave the other for low flavor vapes. (while sitting beside the fire watching movies)

Was wondering was the Smok MAG Kit that you got the latest version and would it match the Vandy Vape Iconic RDA as you say for a beginner.If you consider a sale and it could be in the wind could you let a price be known as i would be more than intersted,cheers '''

• Advertisement

damon5 wrote: »
    Was wondering was the Smok MAG Kit that you got the latest version and would it match the Vandy Vape Iconic RDA as you say for a beginner.If you consider a sale and it could be in the wind could you let a price be known as i would be more than intersted,cheers '''

The Iconic RDA is really not suited for beginers and even for a more advanced builder, its most suited to squonking. For an entry level yet fantastic RDA, try either the Drop or Dead Rabbit.

Venom wrote: »
    The Iconic RDA is really not suited for beginers and even for a more advanced builder, its most suited to squonking. For an entry level yet fantastic RDA, try either the Drop or Dead Rabbit.

Thanks for that info,much appreciated .....

damon5 wrote: »

Hi Damon,when I said mostly for beginners,I meant most of them items are for beginners except the Iconic because you can't drip with it because it will leak through the air holes,as Venom has said,only good for squonking because of the deep juice well & the air must be fully open,ideal if you have a squonker but there are better RDA's out there.
    A bad design from Mike Vapes,I am very surprised that he was happy with it & also DJLsb Vapes gave it a good report,don't know what's going on there.

The Mag Kit looks good,the mod is unusual,a gun handle with a battery clip that pops out,easy settings once you get use to it,the tank that normally comes with it is a sub-ohm & has a DL coil,the tank is called the baby beast,this wil eat your juice.

The other 4 items are UD Apro 16,Innokin Pocket Mod,Innokin Riptide & the AsVape Defender,these would be ok for beginners or experienced vapors if they like doing Lung hits,no good for MTL,too airy.All have lipo batteries & no settings to adjust.

I'll give you first shout if I decide to sell the Mag...expecting delivery within 2 weeks.

Hi Damon,when I said mostly for beginners,I meant most of them items are for beginners except the Iconic because you can't drip with it because it will leak through the air holes,as Venom has said,only good for squonking because of the deep juice well & the air must be fully open,ideal if you have a squonker but there are better RDA's out there.
    A bad design from Mike Vapes,I am very surprised that he was happy with it & also DJLsb Vapes gave it a good report,don't know what's going on there.

The Mag Kit looks good,the mod is unusual,a gun handle with a battery clip that pops out,easy settings once you get use to it,the tank that normally comes with it is a sub-ohm & has a DL coil,the tank is called the baby beast,this wil eat your juice.

The other 4 items are UD Apro 16,Innokin Pocket Mod,Innokin Riptide & the AsVape Defender,these would be ok for beginners or experienced vapors if they like doing Lung hits,no good for MTL,too airy.All have lipo batteries & no settings to adjust.

I'll give you first shout if I decide to sell the Mag...expecting delivery within 2 weeks.

Cheers so :)

I was well surprised about how meh the Iconic was after seeing Mike's reveal video. He really looked like he was just going through the motions with a so so dripper, instead of promoting his own design. It was obivious from the first look of the deck that it would be a leaky bugger just like the Aura. I reckon it was more of a paid to put his name on it gig rather than him designing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Venom wrote: »
    I was well surprised about how meh the Iconic was after seeing Mike's reveal video. He really looked like he was just going through the motions with a so so dripper, instead of promoting his own design. It was obivious from the first look of the deck that it would be a leaky bugger just like the Aura. I reckon it was more of a paid to put his name on it gig rather than him designing it.

The aura was ****!!
    Leaking and condensation everywhere.

I'll try it on one of my squonkers when it arrives & see what it's like when I over squonk,the Pulse 24 leaks alot when over squonked,I prefer an rda with a squonk pin raised up from the deck.

Headspinning I had was not nicotine related. I got the flu! It was a really high temperature. As soon as my head clears, vaping is vack on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

As a fellow vapor I was driving past a school the other day and noticed a young lad vaping. I have to say my first though was that it just looked completely wrong. If he was smoking a fag though I probaly would not have batted an eye lid.

• Advertisement

Know what u mean. This lad may have hopped on the bandwagon where vaping has become attractive to young people. He may never even have smoked before. Whereas many of us are viewing vaping as a rescue from smoking, it is interesting to see the other motives out there.

Advertisement