Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Rubberella wrote: »
    Know what u mean. This lad may have hopped on the bandwagon where vaping has become attractive to young people. He may never even have smoked before. Whereas many of us are viewing vaping as a rescue from smoking, it is interesting to see the other motives out there.

It's nothing new in society tho, just the usual buzz chasing elements for the most part. I remember when nicorette patches first hit the market and the get off their head crowd would put half a box on and chain smoke rollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rubberella

Quick question. Am enjoying the Aspire Zelos 50W kit but now want to run a 2nd tank so that I can easily switch between 2 liquids. What would be a good choice of tank alongside the Nautilus 2? Maybe something that would give more flavour and/or clouds. Stick with Aspire and either the Athos, Cleito Exo or Nautilus X or look elsewhere. Just trying to get used to all the different coil options too. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Quick question. Am enjoying the Aspire Zelos 50W kit but now want to run a 2nd tank so that I can easily switch between 2 liquids. What would be a good choice of tank alongside the Nautilus 2? Maybe something that would give more flavour and/or clouds. Stick with Aspire and either the Athos, Cleito Exo or Nautilus X or look elsewhere. Just trying to get used to all the different coil options too. Many thanks.

id go for kayfun v5 clone, got one myself and is excellent..very easy to coli and wick, top fill, juice and drag control.
    btw, don't go for nautilus x, isn't too bad but tank is too small

id go for kayfun v5 clone, got one myself and is excellent..very easy to coli and wick, top fill, juice and drag control.

While a great tank the Kayfun 5 and it's clones are rebuildabiles so it's not as straightforward as just picking up another stock coil tank for someone new to vaping.

Venom wrote: »
    While a great tank the Kayfun 5 and it's clones are rebuildabiles so it's not as straightforward as just picking up another stock coil tank for someone new to vaping.

thats true but it saves money on long run :) and with kf v5 its very easy.
    was using nautilus tanks for years by myself until on a one day my 'local' vape shop ran out of stock of spare coils so in act of desperation dug out kayfun lite given to me a some time ago and it 'saved' my life :)

• Advertisement

thats true but it saves money on long run :) and with kf v5 its very easy.
    was using nautilus tanks for years by myself until on a one day my 'local' vape shop ran out of stock of spare coils so in act of desperation dug out kayfun lite given to me a some time ago and it 'saved' my life :)

It's a money saver to be sure along with the fact that you get much better flavor from hand made coils, over the mass produced stock ones. But, it's a pretty big outlay cash wise for a new vaper, as were talking about the best part of €100 to get setup with all the bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

You can get an extension kit for the nautilus x which takes it up to around 4ml .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shane122

Hi all,

Was thinking of buying a new tank, the celito exo. Just wondering if any can vouch for this tank or anything that doesn't leak and good premade coils. Recently got a dripper and it's brillant for home use. Also got the beseeker but it's being a bit of a hit and miss. So looking for something with good premade coils for out about that can handle 70vg.

shane122 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was thinking of buying a new tank, the celito exo. Just wondering if any can vouch for this tank or anything that doesn't leak and good premade coils. Recently got a dripper and it's brillant for home use. Also got the beseeker but it's being a bit of a hit and miss. So looking for something with good premade coils for out about that can handle 70vg.

Are you making your own coils for the dripper? If so, why not try an RTA for out and about. Hell of alot cheaper than buying stock coils and the flavor will be light years better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Hi all,

The EXO is ok, not brilliant for flavour and is very thirsty even at low power. This is getting a lot of good reviews.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/971-aspire-revvo-tank.html

• Advertisement

Are you making your own coils for the dripper? If so, why not try an RTA for out and about. Hell of alot cheaper than buying stock coils and the flavor will be light years better.

Yes making my own coils for the dripper, but got the berserker and it's a pain in the ass. This wasy first rta and it has pute off slightly. Did I get the wrong rta for my first or are they all as inconsistent.
    What rta would you recommend.

The EXO is ok, not brilliant for flavour and is very thirsty even at low power. This is getting a lot of good reviews.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/971-aspire-revvo-tank.html

Yes, thay looks like a nice little tank. The reason I was thing of the exo is because they were saying that when you used the other celito coils the tank had a 3.5 capacity. The tpd rules are s..t.

It's a money saver to be sure along with the fact that you get much better flavor from hand made coils, over the mass produced stock ones. But, it's a pretty big outlay cash wise for a new vaper, as were talking about the best part of €100 to get setup with all the bits and pieces.

..not exactly true :) kf v5 clone costs approx 15e on Gearbest,wire plus cotton tenner and it will last you for months so it will cost you less than 30euros

Yes making my own coils for the dripper, but got the berserker and it's a pain in the ass. This wasy first rta and it has pute off slightly. Did I get the wrong rta for my first or are they all as inconsistent.
    What rta would you recommend.

hi shane,
    got myself kayfun v5 clone (approx 15euros) and very happy with it, coiling and wicking is extremely easy and results are great even on low wattage (I'm on 15watts, 2.6ohm coil) so would recommend it

It sounds like Gearbest is a reliable source for tanks, liquids, etc. Is there any issue with delivery to Ireland? I signed up before to AddressPal through An Post but have never used it before? Any issues with packages opened/extra taxes charged or with larger packages if other gadgets added in?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Recieved my geekvape zeus from gearbest today.

Noticed on the package it has a yellow sticker which states " goods not fulfilling conditions laid down in articles 28 and 29 of the treaty on the functioning of the European Union"

Im assuming thats to do with movement of good s and vat etc rather than anything else.

I wasnt asked to show anything, it was just delivered as normal.

Anyone else get this sticker? Ive ordered loads from fasttech in the past and never seen it, just this time with my first gearbest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Recieved my geekvape zeus from gearbest today.

Noticed on the package it has a yellow sticker which states " goods not fulfilling conditions laid down in articles 28 and 29 of the treaty on the functioning of the European Union"

Im assuming thats to do with movement of good s and vat etc rather than anything else.

I wasnt asked to show anything, it was just delivered as normal.

Anyone else get this sticker? Ive ordered loads from fasttech in the past and never seen it, just this time with my first gearbest order.

It's always on the gearbest packages for some reason.
    Got three today and they all have it on them.
    No idea what it means.

People seem to basically say that once a package travels through the EU but has goods in it originating not within the EU, it has to have this sticker. Sounds like nothing to worry about.
    Article 28
    (ex Article 23 TEC)
    1. The Union shall comprise a customs union which shall cover all trade in goods and which shall involve the prohibition between Member States of customs duties on imports and exports and of all charges having equivalent effect, and the adoption of a common customs tariff in their relations with third countries.
    2. The provisions of Article 30 and of Chapter 3 of this Title shall apply to products originating in Member States and to products coming from third countries which are in free circulation in Member States.
    Article 29
    (ex Article 24 TEC)
    Products coming from a third country shall be considered to be in free circulation in a Member State if the import formalities have been complied with and any customs duties or charges having equivalent effect which are payable have been levied in that Member State, and if they have not benefited from a total or partial drawback of such duties or charges.

Have to say I am really enjoying vaping far more than I thought I would. Held off on it for a long time with a mindset of 'that's never going to match my enjoyment of smoking cigarettes' but now I realise it doesn't have to fulfill the exact same needs or take on the same role, it can be similar but different. Always liked a big draw but finding myself really relaxing on a long vape exhale both from the mouth and the nose (which never really agreed with me when smoking). Also love the wispy trail swirling around a whole bus shelter and off into the distance as I quite happily chain vape hoping the bus is slightly late to give me more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

• Advertisement

Have been vaping 100% outside since I started in the last few weeks. But got the chance to vape inside a couple of days ago and couldn't believe the difference. The taste and flavour were SO much more. I suppose it relates to the wind and other conditions outside. I now wanna vape indoors more but it's difficult. Want to exhale and be enveloped by it rather than it blowing away. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Rubberella wrote:
    Have been vaping 100% outside since I started in the last few weeks. But got the chance to vape inside a couple of days ago and couldn't believe the difference. The taste and flavour were SO much more. I suppose it relates to the wind and other conditions outside. I now wanna vape indoors more but it's difficult. Want to exhale and be enveloped by it rather than it blowing away. Sigh.

Lol... You need a man cave or a woman cave... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I've found this also an enjoyable experience. I started on 18mg ejuice and then changed to 3mg ejuice. I find the 3mg extremely cloudy. At traffic lights was the best fun. Blowing clouds out the window. I'm changing to 0mg ejuice and I can't wait to see if the clouds are similar or better than the 3mg of ejuice.. We shall see..

job seeker wrote: »
    I've found this also an enjoyable experience. I started on 18mg ejuice and then changed to 3mg ejuice. I find the 3mg extremely cloudy. At traffic lights was the best fun. Blowing clouds out the window. I'm changing to 0mg ejuice and I can't wait to see if the clouds are similar or better than the 3mg of ejuice.. We shall see..

it should be the same unless you'll change to other juice with different pg/vg ratio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Looking for recommendations for a single coil squonk rda

moleyv wrote: »

Wasp Nano.

Cheap as chips as one of the best single coil RDA's on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

it should be the same unless you'll change to other juice with different pg/vg ratio

Yeah, you're right. It's pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

moleyv wrote: »
    Fully agree on the Wasp, great little rda. Other notable mentions are the NarDa, Iai, Hadaly and other variants of the NarDa- NarBa and NarCa. Although all mine are clones by SXK or Kindbright, they all perform very well but are better at MTL or restricted lung hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

This is a link to a discussion on Fasttech, lots of information on well every thing really-
    https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/2468144/squonking-at-fasttech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

judas1369 wrote:
    This is a link to a discussion on Fasttech, lots of information on well every thing really-

I'm not new to vaping, just never really took to squonking, mostly due to squonking mods mostly being single battery, that's why I'm looking for a single coil, battery will last a bit longer.

I've a vandy vape pulse and one of their squonking rdas still in the box.

Hadn't bought anything in a while so said I'd give it another go. Just put in an order with vaping101, highly recommended store actually if anyone looking for a good selection.

Advertisement