Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Ah sure I know that! I posted that link because it has a large directory of RDAs specifically for squonking, so you may find something that suits your particular tastes or set up. I had the Pulse and to be honest was not that impressed with it, I found it suffered a bit from voltage drop even on a new VTC 5A, so didn't hit as hard as a lot of my other mechs. There is a new version on the horizon with an 80W Gene chip in it, so we will see.
    Anyway, hope you find what you are looking for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

judas1369 wrote:
    Ah sure I know that! I posted that link because it has a large directory of RDAs specifically for squonking, so you may find something that suits your particular tastes or set up. I had the Pulse and to be honest was not that impressed with it, I found it suffered a bit from voltage drop even on a new VTC 5A, so didn't hit as hard as a lot of my other mechs. There is a new version on the horizon with an 80W Gene chip in it, so we will see. Anyway, hope you find what you are looking for!

Ah yeah thanks, sometimes just good to ask for people's experiences on here. I ordered one of the asmodus ultroner and a wasp nano. I like some bit of safety in my mods, plus it looks great.

Hard to get a dual squonking mod that doesn't look like a pig, so I'll settle for a single!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rubberella

F**k!! Went to take a few sneaky drags this morning and tank is empty. My own fault. Had rushed filling it this morning. Not tight enough. Full tank has emptied into my pocket. Had phone in same pocket (another mistake). Phone grand but reaks of juice. To compound it all, have left the juice at home and am empty for the day unless I use juice I really don't like or make a lunchtime dash. Take note of all the stupid amateur things I do and do the exact opposite. Grr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Rubberella wrote: »
    F**k!! Went to take a few sneaky drags this morning and tank is empty. My own fault. Had rushed filling it this morning. Not tight enough. Full tank has emptied into my pocket. Had phone in same pocket (another mistake). Phone grand but reaks of juice. To compound it all, have left the juice at home and am empty for the day unless I use juice I really don't like or make a lunchtime dash. Take note of all the stupid amateur things I do and do the exact opposite. Grr!

feeling for you, it happened to me a few times :) so got a small bottles of juice stacked almost everywhere: at work, in my car and in my lunch bag :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I'm looking for opinions on the 2 Innokin Slipstream .8ohm & .5ohm coils,what are they like with MTL & DTL vaping.

The Slipstream tank normally comes in the Kroma kit & any opinions are welcomed about the kit...Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Looking to pick up some batteries for my pulse bf mod which hopefully will be arriving from gearbest this week.

I know being a mechanical mod i need something with decent amp rating.

I will be using coils between .2 and .4 ohms so not very low.

Im thinking these 25 amp will be nice and safe
    https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/sony-vtc5a-2600mah-25a-1

Any input from the more experienced heads here would be very welcome as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Looking to pick up some batteries for my pulse bf mod which hopefully will be arriving from gearbest this week.

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/batteries/products/sony-vtc5a-2600mah-25a-1

Bought 4 of these a couple of weeks - admittedly for non mech use - great price and no complaints with lifespan.

https://www.nkon.nl/sony-us18650vtc6.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

The only 18650 I'd use in a mech personally is a Sony vtc 5A as it has a true 25 amp rating as tested by Mooch. I've built as low as 0.15 using this battery in a Pulse rda and I'm getting a good solid hit, 0.4 might be a little high to get the full benefit but that's subjective. VTC 5a is a top battery for any mech though.

If your buying off Fogstar hang on till Friday if you can as they normally give out a discount code every Friday for 10 or sometimes 15 per cent off.

The only 18650 I'd use in a mech personally is a Sony vtc 5A as it has a true 25 amp rating as tested by Mooch. I've built as low as 0.15 using this battery in a Pulse rda and I'm getting a good solid hit, 0.4 might be a little high to get the full benefit but that's subjective. VTC 5a is a top battery for any mech though.

Yeah thats what im thinking. Will be using .36 N80 staggered claptons so im just thinking of the lowest case if i use dual coil setup. Not too fussed if its not that hard a hit from the single .36, id rather that then over working the battery.

Thinking of pairing it with the wasp nano and maybe a bonza or dead rabbit so i have a single and dual coil setup to choose from.

• Advertisement

Thinking of pairing it with the wasp nano and maybe a bonza or dead rabbit so i have a single and dual coil setup to choose from.

The Bonza is superb,I won't comment on the Dead Rabbit or the Wasp as I've never used them but by all accounts they are excellent also. Bonza will give you a fantastic flavour and has a good juice well, not that it matters much on a squonker but great on anything else as well. Another fantastic rda that I just got is a Boru Banshee, it has a bf pin and provides a very flavoursome vape. It has an Irish manufacturing connection also.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I'll defer to the Docs greater knowledge cos I moved away from mechs and settled on c. 0.5 ohm coils as my sweet spot some time ago.
    Looks like the 5a is the way for you to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Stuart, I'd recommend 18650.uk if you're looking at batteries. Superb service and a flat 4 GBP fee.

conjon wrote: »
    Stuart, I'd recommend 18650.uk if you're looking at batteries. Superb service and a flat 4 GBP fee.

Cheers for that. Ive already placed the order with fogstar but will keep them in mind for sure.

Ordered 4 of the vtc5a and some wraps and insulators just to have there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

The Bonza is superb,I won't comment on the Dead Rabbit or the Wasp as I've never used them but by all accounts they are excellent also. Bonza will give you a fantastic flavour and has a good juice well, not that it matters much on a squonker but great on anything else as well. Another fantastic rda that I just got is a Boru Banshee, it has a bf pin and provides a very flavoursome vape. It has an Irish manufacturing connection also.

Got myself a Dead Rabbit SQ there and paired it with a pico squeeze. I must say I'm loving it and have been using it a lot more than my standard MTL kayfun mini v3 setup. As the airflow is towards the top there is little to no chance of over squonking causing any leaks. At least I've not had any yet. Loving this squonking business though. I may buy a 2nd dead rabbit and squeeze in the not so distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

TinCool wrote: »
    Got myself a Dead Rabbit SQ there and paired it with a pico squeeze. I must say I'm loving it and have been using it a lot more than my standard MTL kayfun mini v3 setup. As the airflow is towards the top there is little to no chance of over squonking causing any leaks. At least I've not had any yet. Loving this squonking business though. I may buy a 2nd dead rabbit and squeeze in the not so distant future.

Nice timing. I just came here to ask what are the current options for the best MTL tanks as looking to get something new. Dead Rabbit SQ? Anything else to consider at the moment. I am not too bothered about the price just want whatever is the latest best thing to give a go.

Edit - I just seen this isn't what I am after at all :) Looking for a tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

If you're looking for a MTL tank then get a Kayfun mini v3. Best MTL I have ever had. Been using it daily since I got it nearly two years ago. Rebuildable though.

TinCool wrote: »
    If you're looking for a MTL tank then get a Kayfun mini v3. Best MTL I have ever had. Been using it daily since I got it nearly two years ago. Rebuildable though.

Thanks, where is the best place to order this from to Ireland?

Oh and I am currently using an eVic Primo Mini mod. Should I be looking to change that or will it be OK. tbh, I have no complaints about current setup just fancied getting something new to try.

Nice timing. I just came here to ask what are the current options for the best MTL tanks as looking to get something new. Dead Rabbit SQ? Anything else to consider at the moment. I am not too bothered about the price just want whatever is the latest best thing to give a go.

The Kayfun mini v3 is a superb mtl rta, if your looking for a stock coil tank then the Aspire Nautilus mini V2 is well worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Anyone bought from Vape Ireland? What are they like - delivery times etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Orion wrote: »
    Anyone bought from Vape Ireland? What are they like - delivery times etc?

I never heard of them ....and apparently neither has Google , or at least my Google . Give us a link to the site plz .

maybe it's ivape...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Edit - I just seen this isn't what I am after at all :) Looking for a tank.

got myself Kayfun v5 clone from Gearbest for 13euros and love it, its easy to build even with my fat fingers :), would recommend

jonski wrote: »
    I never heard of them ....and apparently neither has Google , or at least my Google . Give us a link to the site plz .

http://www.vapeireland.ie/
    Based in Blanchardtown

Orion wrote: »
    http://www.vapeireland.ie/
    Based in Blanchardtown

Never heard of them before but then I wouldn't claim to have heard of all the Irish vendors ...... but there are the same few that come up again and again for the reason that they are reliable .

I ordered a Aspire Nautilus 2 which I am using with .7 coil. Man it is some headache as a breaking in period. The thing leaked all over the place the first time I filled it. It was fine after it got going. It took a good hour to break in the coil. It is now vaping beautifully and the flavor/throat hit is near on perfect. The refilling method though is a huge pain having to unscrew the whole thing. I just hope the leaking was a initial breaking in thing.

I was/am using the ProCore Aries ProC1 0.25 ohm Coil. The thing is just so easy to use. It has this pop off top cap that makes refilling it a dream and a really good out and about vape. I've never once since I got it 6 months ago had a leak and the experience in general has been a dream to use. The performance isn't far off what I am getting with the Nautilus 2 (Nautilus has better flavour) but I do have to vape the Aries at like 40-50w which means it is a beast for eating juice as opposed to the Nautilus 2 which I am using below 20w. Battery life is obviously also going to be much better with the the lower wattage.

I ordered a Aspire Nautilus 2 which I am using with .7 coil. Man it is some headache as a breaking in period. The thing leaked all over the place the first time I filled it. It was fine after it got going. It took a good hour to break in the coil. It is now vaping beautifully and the flavor/throat hit is near on perfect. The refilling method though is a huge pain having to unscrew the whole thing. I just hope the leaking was a initial breaking in thing.

I was/am using the ProCore Aries ProC1 0.25 ohm Coil. The thing is just so easy to use. It has this pop off top cap that makes refilling it a dream and a really good out and about vape. I've never once since I got it 6 months ago had a leak and the experience in general has been a dream to use. The performance isn't far off what I am getting with the Nautilus 2 (Nautilus has better flavour) but I do have to vape the Nautilus at like 40-50w which means it is a beast for eating juice as opposed to the the Nautilus 2 which I am using below 20w.

I prefer the 1.6 or 1.8 coil for MTL & vape at 14w...

Most of those top fill tanks like the Nautilus2 tend to cause a vacuum when screwing on the top cap & floods the coil & leaking happens.
    You need to push air into the coil not liquid...

Fill your Nautilus2 as usual & screw on your top cap slowly until you feel the cap biting into the O-Ring or Gasket,then stop screwing,turn tank upside down,all the liquid will fall to the bottom away from the coil & replaced with air,now fully screw the top cap on (still in the upside down position) now it's ready to vape with no leaks...

I prefer the 1.6 or 1.8 coil for MTL & vape at 14w...

Most of those top fill tanks like the Nautilus2 tend to cause a vacuum when screwing on the top cap & floods the coil & leaking happens.
    You need to push air into the coil not liquid...

Fill your Nautilus2 as usual & screw on your top cap slowly until you feel the cap biting into the O-Ring or Gasket,then stop screwing,turn tank upside down,all the liquid will fall to the bottom away from the coil & replaced with air,now fully screw the top cap on (still in the upside down position) now it's ready to vape with no leaks...

Nice one thanks for the tips as I can see me loving it if I can get that leaking under control. I think it comes with a 1.8 in the box so I will that a go soon.

jonski wrote: »
    Never heard of them before but then I wouldn't claim to have heard of all the Irish vendors ...... but there are the same few that come up again and again for the reason that they are reliable .

I took the chance late on Wednesday night to chance an order. Ordered a 30ml 6mg bottle of Cosmic Fog Sonset. It arrived in the post today. €22.50 including delivery and to my delight a handwritten note on the invoice saying they are having a special on Cosmic Fog - 2 for 1. So yes - 2 bottles.

Unfortunately I got sonset instead of sonrise which is what I actually wanted - my mistake while ordering not theirs. I don't think I'm going to like this one - not a fan of chocolatey flavours and this one is creme brulee and salted caramel. So I'll probably sell it on to someone.

• Advertisement

First dripper/BF Atty on the way so I'm thinking about a squonking mod . Needs to be regulated and work with temp control but I'm not sure whether to go with something cheap and cheerful until I decide if this is for me or to jump straight in with my preferred DNA75C type thingy . The Therion 75c BF seems kinda big though . Any thoughts on this ? or maybe I should just look in the second hand market first , I think I saw one for sale in one of the groups .

Advertisement