Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

jonski wrote: »
    First dripper/BF Atty on the way so I'm thinking about a squonking mod . Needs to be regulated and work with temp control but I'm not sure whether to go with something cheap and cheerful until I decide if this is for me or to jump straight in with my preferred DNA75C type thingy . The Therion 75c BF seems kinda big though . Any thoughts on this ? or maybe I should just look in the second hand market first , I think I saw one for sale in one of the groups .

Vandyvape and Tony B (youtuber) have a regulated 80w version of the Pulse BF mod coming out in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

jonski wrote: »
    First dripper/BF Atty on the way so I'm thinking about a squonking mod . Needs to be regulated and work with temp control but I'm not sure whether to go with something cheap and cheerful until I decide if this is for me or to jump straight in with my preferred DNA75C type thingy . The Therion 75c BF seems kinda big though . Any thoughts on this ? or maybe I should just look in the second hand market first , I think I saw one for sale in one of the groups .
    Yeah there is a 75C in the group, nice setup and being a DNA chip your battery life will be reasonable even for a single cell but I'd still carry a spare.
    Another option is the Lost Vape Drone
    https://www.efag.ie/electronic-mods/760-drone-bf-dna166-lost-vape-squonk-mod.html
    DNA166, dual battery, pricey and a little bulky but it's a Lost Vape and a DNA chip so expect good performance.
    If you fancy going the China route then it's hard to beat the Hcigar VT inbox, DNA75, single 18650.

found a very interesting good in Gearbest:Hcigar VT Inbox V3 Mod https://gearbest.app.link/JKo2i5ROtL

I'm using this with a Druga, super setup,plenty of spares available, bottles,panels etc.
    http://ibb.co/ff4Tsx

I should have mentioned that I think there was a VT inbox for sale in the FB group a while back as well, might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

I have a Therion bf 75c and it has been right up there as one of my favourite squonkers. I have the previous 75 as well and size wise they are identical, all parts like bottles and doors are interchangeable. It is not that big, sort of dual battery sized. The 75c allows for way more adjustment on the fly without touching Escribe than the 75.
    Sadly it is being phased out and getting one now is only going to become more difficult just like the Drone slowly vanished. So if you come across the chance to obtain one I'd jump on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah, I should have said, if I am going DNA then I would have to be the 75C due to already having one and really liking it plus with 'Replay' on the way it should be even better .

• Advertisement

Yeah, I hear ya! my understanding is that Lost Vape may well be going with the new 250c in a dual battery set up, sort of the Drone revisited. That is something that I would get in a heartbeat.
    Lost Vape seem to release a mod and then slowly withdraw it after about 6 to 8 months. At least that seems to be the pattern with their squonkers. I almost left it too late to get the Drone, just could not find one in stock in China or the UK. Then by chance went into a local vape shop near me just to have a look and they had one sitting on a shelf. pricey yeah but a brilliant device although quite big and heavy.

jonski wrote:
    Yeah, I should have said, if I am going DNA then I would have to be the 75C due to already having one and really liking it plus with 'Replay' on the way it should be even better .

I'd check on the one you've seen in the FB group if it's still available or not. Ye can't really go too far wrong with a piece like that provided it's been looked after. Might get a bit of a bargain if it's slow to sell and he wants rid of it. 😉

I did find this-
    http://www.marvec-cn.com/latest-original-products/54254005.html

This even will run on 20700 and 21700, so versatile. Personally I am not gone on the unnecessary slogans printed up the sides, maybe it could be removed.
    Its available on the usual Chinese sites at circa $100.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Looking at a 220 mod and the smok alien and the vaporesso revenger are really tempting me. Not sure which to go for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rubberella

Hi. Have been really enjoying my Zelos since I fitst dipped my toe into vaping. Now I need a 2nd purchase and was wondering what combo would be a good step-up for me. Any advice? And if going away from the kit, which tank would be a perfect mix for which mod? MTL again but also want to look at getting a good DL option. I see some interesting shots of what people have just bought or are currently vaping, and it makes me feel like I want them all. I find the whole design element of them to be really fascinating and am a lover of gadgets. Before vaping I knew of my brand of cigarettes and would purchase and smoke on auto-pilot but the vaping options seem infinite and exciting. Many thanks.

• Advertisement

Rubberella wrote: »
    Hi. Have been really enjoying my Zelos since I fitst dipped my toe into vaping. Now I need a 2nd purchase and was wondering what combo would be a good step-up for me. Any advice? And if going away from the kit, which tank would be a perfect mix for which mod? MTL again but also want to look at getting a good DL option. I see some interesting shots of what people have just bought or are currently vaping, and it makes me feel like I want them all. I find the whole design element of them to be really fascinating and am a lover of gadgets. Before vaping I knew of my brand of cigarettes and would purchase and smoke on auto-pilot but the vaping options seem infinite and exciting. Many thanks.
    Sounds like you may be developing sudden onset shinyitus! Yeah its really a thing, I like many others here have this condition where you realise that you are saving money on not smoking and immediately start buying loads of vape stuff because... well, shiny!
    As for advice, the mod you are using has built in batteries and that is fine. However you should factor in that a lot of mods use replaceable batteries and not all of them provide onboard charging, so now you are looking at different batteries and chargers as well... and so it goes, welcome to shinyitus!
    Probably not much help, but hey you are not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Can anyone tell me why 'POD systems' are so popular right now? is it advertising? is it the reviewers making them sound so great? These are devices that we had 4-5 years ago, they work almost exactly the same as they did when I started vaping. But now they're more expensive, and people are buying them as 'side kits' :/ I hear people saying 'they're grand for slipping into a pocket, and having a quick vape when out and about' - you know what else does this? your usual mod ... or the 15 you already have :D The only advantage I see to them is they are mostly MTL, and don't give off much vapor, so they are a bit stealthier, but you can just built a small RTA to over the 1ohm mark and get the same

If they had more that you can refill with your own juices and they were a tad cheaper I might bite, but right now I think they're a waste of time. I remember when everyone was slamming that Greek guy for endorsing 'closed system' pods, saying it was the way forward. people lost their s**t about it, as many were getting into DIY juicing at the time. Now it's all ok, bring on the closed system PODS, tell us what juice we should vape in your devices .... I dunno ... very odd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The pod systems are much closer to the cigarette experience, open the box, use it, throw away. No bottles or filing to be pissing about with.

I can see the appeal TBH but any I tried were crap compared to a standard MTL tank. Might try a Juul if I can get a hold of one.

EGriff wrote: »
    The pod systems are much closer to the cigarette experience, open the box, use it, throw away. No bottles or filing to be pissing about with.

I can see the appeal TBH but any I tried were crap compared to a standard MTL tank. Might try a Juul if I can get a hold of one.

Many of them are refillable, they're getting larger and have 2ml capacity tanks. This is why i don't get it tbh. I can understand disposable cig-a-likes, that's what i started on, and I think they are the best entry into vaping for a smoker. But these pods, the larger, refillable ones, are mostly being bought by longer term vapers. It's like a new gimmick, more collectible shiny things. I think it's showing up how gullible many are when it comes to this 'need' for new devices. Grim Green has had a limited edition one made with his logo on it ffs, no smoker thinking about quitting is going to know who the heck he is.

People actually looking to quit are not looking for fancy packaging, multi-coloured panels or some reviewer's logo splashed across the device, they just want a nic hit that will be enough to keep them from reaching for the smokes. There was only a handful of the things a few months back, not the market is flooded with them, different shapes, sizes, colours, next they'll have lights and voice activation like regulated mods ... I'm just too old school maybe, I think there's an awful lot of fannying about and gimmickry when it comes to vaping lately. More a trend than an aid to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Many of them are refillable, they're getting larger and have 2ml capacity tanks. This is why i don't get it tbh. I can understand disposable cig-a-likes, that's what i started on, and I think they are the best entry into vaping for a smoker. But these pods, the larger, refillable ones, are mostly being bought by longer term vapers. It's like a new gimmick, more collectible shiny things. I think it's showing up how gullible many are when it comes to this 'need' for new devices. Grim Green has had a limited edition one made with his logo on it ffs, no smoker thinking about quitting is going to know who the heck he is.

People actually looking to quit are not looking for fancy packaging, multi-coloured panels or some reviewer's logo splashed across the device, they just want a nic hit that will be enough to keep them from reaching for the smokes. There was only a handful of the things a few months back, not the market is flooded with them, different shapes, sizes, colours, next they'll have lights and voice activation like regulated mods ... I'm just too old school maybe, I think there's an awful lot of fannying about and gimmickry when it comes to vaping lately. More a trend than an aid to quit.

Look at the state of this one, Joyetech Exceed, it looks like an electric razor. You wouldn't catch me sucking on one of those yokes.

N0I1NzlGNTRFNjdENTU5RTBGOTI6NjVlMmE5YjY4YzYxNGU0ZGYzNDNjYWI0NmY3NTljZTE6Ojo6OjA=

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

TinCool wrote: »
    Look at the state of this one, Joyetech Exceed, it looks like an electric razor. You wouldn't catch me sucking on one of those yokes.

N0I1NzlGNTRFNjdENTU5RTBGOTI6NjVlMmE5YjY4YzYxNGU0ZGYzNDNjYWI0NmY3NTljZTE6Ojo6OjA=

My first thoughts exactly, it looks like my electric razor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

They are handy in the car or during works hours for a more discrete vape.

TinCool wrote: »

That's the one I saw Twisted420 review, he tried to say it had a "sports car" look about it, I'm thinking ... 'It's looks like a cheap razor!'

I love that some companies are trying to make them seem sophisticated:
    Limitless-Pulse-Pod-1.jpg

Fake advert ... unless he's got a cheesey, over sized snap-back up top :D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Has anyone tried flavour boss, or any other brand of Boss shots.

I remember someone recommending a few flavours before.

Havent bought e liquid in months since ive been making my own, just looking for something to try.

Just back from a late night walk cum vape. Was heading to bed then thought why not go for a chilled out vape. Far too often it's a rushed experience for me rushing into work or waiting for buses whilst getting a few "you're disgusting polluting my air" looks. So went out for a walk, found a nice place to perch and vaped a half tank (should have refilled). Relaxed me no end. Brushed my teeth but still have a lovely aftertaste in my mouth and on my lips. Now for bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Please warn who it is before we click. I couldn't listen to that Baboon head for 2 seconds. Most arrogant POS drama queen ever to grace vaping.

It's Jai Haze before anyone else makes the same mistake, I had to endure his frog voice for a second there *shudders* :D

:D:D:D I presume you can't stand him,he does have that irritating voice...

:D:D:D I presume you can't stand him,he does have that irritating voice...

I was subbed to him at one point tbh, when he first started to make waves. I thought he was going to be a straight up, occasionally controversial to-the-point reviewer, and that's what some blind followers still imagine. But it wasn't long before he was stirring s**t with other reviewers, using them to get more views and attention, stirring drama for no apparent reason, mountain out of molehill stuff. And he got more and more over-excited [fake] with the shouting and roaring with each video, especially his live shows. He's fake as they come, in it for the numbers, he's admitted that many times by accident too.

Was looking at the upcoming Vape Expo in the UK. http://www.vaperexpo.co.uk. Has plenty lists of juice vendors.

The vendor with the jazziest stuff looks to be
    https://www.superiorvapour.com which has prices over a grand for some of their hardware! Would I even buy some of it if I won the euromillions!!

In a way, it's luck that I'm not going.
    1. Cos I'm not experienced enough at vaping yet and want to get more knowledge before I make mad, expensive purchases without the knowledge to stop me blowing half my face off and
    2. Cos, as someone aptly said here before, I have caught the shinyitis bug and want every lovely shaped, coloured, beautifully designed mod I see.

Yep, I said it wouldn't happen to me, but I've well and truly caught the vaping bug. If only I had gotten in on the business myself. Looks a money spinner, when done right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Milkman..

Hi
    What would be an upgrade from this without spending too much and getting too tech?

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/electronic-cigarette-kits-c-53/1267-smok-vape-pen-22.html

I'm finding the coils don't last long
    Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Milkman.. wrote: »
    Hi
    What would be an upgrade from this without spending too much and getting too tech?

Thanks

How long are the coils lasting and which coils are you using with it?
    Do you enjoy the flavour etc your getting off that device?

Milkman.. wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

If you are a Mouth to Lung (MTL) vapor,I would upgrade to a Zelos Kit,VapeWild has knocked about 20€ off this kit...

https://vapewild.eu/aspire-zelos-50w-vape-kit/

Kimbot wrote: »
    How long are the coils lasting and which coils are you using with it?
    Do you enjoy the flavour etc your getting off that device?

Hi 0.3 ohm lasting about a week

• Advertisement

If you are a Mouth to Lung (MTL) vapor,I would upgrade to a Zelos Kit,VapeWild has knocked about 20€ off this kit...

https://vapewild.eu/aspire-zelos-50w-vape-kit/

Yes mouth to lung ,how long could i expect with coils with the zelos?

Advertisement