Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Joyetech eVic Primo SE Box Mod I have one of these great little mod no trouble with it , it takes a single 18650 so will last ages at 13w

eVic_Primo_SE_03_grande.png?v=1509488777

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Or if you'd prefer an inbuilt battery it's hard to fault the Aspire Zelos.
    https://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/862-aspire-zelos-50w-express-kit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

I've one of these for almost a year now. A mite heavy but well built. After dropping it a few times it's still going strong

https://greyhaze.co.uk/collections/must-go/products/asmodus-colossal-box-mod-80w

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Yeah I prefer the inbuilt battery, I might go with an iStick 20w.

ceekay74 wrote:

Can you still get them??

• Advertisement

Can you still get them??

Yeah, I seen a few places online selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Can anyone recommend me a good kit that I could pick up on Amazon? Just got a gift card and think I’ll go for something new. Only requirements would be flavour and a decent bit of power, not too bothered with clouds or anything like that.

Edit: Anyone have a Uwell Crown 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

ceekay74 wrote: »

The istick 20w had a serious flaw compared to the other isticks,the 510 connector had a soft kind of metal threading on it,all tanks & rda's had SS threading & it doesn't matter how careful you are,it will still strip the istick threads eventually.
    Maybe they fixed that issue or maybe not,I would go for the istick 30w which had SS threading.

The istick 20w had a serious flaw compared to the other isticks,the 510 connector had a soft kind of metal threading on it,all tanks & rda's had SS threading & it doesn't matter how careful you are,it will still strip the istick threads eventually. Maybe they fixed that issue or maybe not,I would go for the istick 30w which had SS threading.

Thank you for that information!

You've saved me a royal pain in the arse. 😊

The istick 20w had a serious flaw compared to the other isticks,the 510 connector had a soft kind of metal threading on it,all tanks & rda's had SS threading & it doesn't matter how careful you are,it will still strip the istick threads eventually. Maybe they fixed that issue or maybe not,I would go for the istick 30w which had SS threading.

That's absolutely right, I'd totally forgotten about that,they released a type of an adaptor that you screwed into the 510 and then screwed your atty onto the adaptor in order to protect the threads. Think I still have a couple of those adaptors buried somewhere.
    Youdipstick is absolutely right though, avoid the 20W.

• Advertisement

They're actually still available here where I purchased my first one many moons ago.
    https://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/vv-mods/1035-30w-eleaf-istick-express-kit.html
    The code IRISHVAPE will give you 10 percent off also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Just wanted to post some kind words for a vendor here.

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/

I had an issue with a mod which I purchased recently. Upon contacting them they sorted it straight away and issued me with a new one that day. I have been ordering from them for years and have nothing but good things to say about them. They always rectify any issues as best and quickly as they can. The service for delivery is also top class and arrives usually within a day of ordering and is free.

Just wanted to highlight a very positive overall experience with a vendor.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

My trusty iStick 30w is currently falling apart from old age and overuse.

Anyone got a suggestion as a replacement?

I'd like to keep the tank I'm using and any replacement would have to have adjustable power.

I rarely vape above 13w (4.7v).

If youre near Maynooth I have an almost new 30w istick you can have for free--its just sitting in a drawer here not being used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Iv had two zelos batteries and both times the cage that holds in the charger has come apart.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

While Im here--anyone used any type of pod system?
    I have my regular smok treebox that I use all the time but Im looking for something a fair bit smaller(anything is smaller than the treebox in all fairness but I love the battery life out of it) for using on nights out etc--the pod systems have me interested but not much use if the hit from them is crap.

Hellrazer wrote:
    If youre near Maynooth I have an almost new 30w istick you can have for free--its just sitting in a drawer here not being used.

Thanks for the offer hellrazer, I'm too far away though.

Thanks for the offer hellrazer, I'm too far away though.

Where are you located?

Hellrazer wrote:
    Where are you located?

Tallaght. Wouldn't ever be out near Maynooth.

I work on the naas road near the red cow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Didnt want to start a new thread, for a hopefully relatively quick answer...

I have 30mls of 0nic flavour and 2 10ml bottles of 18mg nic.

How much should go into the 30 mls to make 12mg juice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Didnt want to start a new thread, for a hopefully relatively quick answer...

I have 30mls of 0nic flavour and 2 10ml bottles of 18mg nic.

How much should go into the 30 mls to make 12mg juice?

2 bottles will make 12mg but will probably dilute the feck out of the flavour. Shortfills are not suited to anything above 6mg imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slick14

Hi
    Can anyone tell me what coils I can use in the Aspire Zelos 50W. The coils that come with it are 1.8omh 10-14W and 0.7omh 18-23W. Whats the point of a 50W battery if they don't sell coils that high. Could I change the atomiser on it? If so what would be a good one? The reason I'd like to up the watts is that I think it would make the juice taste better. Is this a reasonable assumption?
    Thanks sorry for the newbie questions,
    Slick.

slick14 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me what coils I can use in the Aspire Zelos 50W. The coils that come with it are 1.8omh 10-14W and 0.7omh 18-23W. Whats the point of a 50W battery if they don't sell coils that high. Could I change the atomiser on it? If so what would be a good one? The reason I'd like to up the watts is that I think it would make the juice taste better. Is this a reasonable assumption?
    Thanks sorry for the newbie questions,
    Slick.

Most tanks or rda's will fit on the Zelos,if you decide that you want to up the watts,you will have to change your way of vaping.
    At the moment with your Nautilus2 1.8ohm coil,you are doing Mouth to Lung (MTL) vaping.
    The other way of vaping is called Direct to Lung (DTL) vaping,you need to lower the resistance of the coil like 0.1 to 0.5ohm & reduce your nicotine mg strength to a third of what you are using when you are MTL.
    These are only approx calculations.
    I don't have a Zelos but there are restrictions on how low you can go with a sub ohm coil.

A Zelos kit is really a starter kit for beginners,usually after a couple of months vaping,you need to upgrade to advanced vaping & buy the perfect kit which suits your needs.
    There is a lot more info you need to learn about coils,resistances & types of metal they use in coils.
    Always check out the youtube reviewers or come back here if you need answers or recommendations.

Thanks youdipstick. I'm just thinking maybe the nautilus bvc coils are rubbish. what other / better coils could I use to get a better flavour experience?
    Cheers,
    Slick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Thanks youdipstick. I'm just thinking maybe the nautilus bvc coils are rubbish. what other / better coils could I use to get a better flavour experience?
    Cheers,
    Slick

The nautilus bvc coils are some of the best most consistent coils on the market . I know lads that are vaping years and still using them today .

Some juices do taste better at higher watts, apparently, personally I haven't experienced this .

Maybe you just have 'vapers tongue' or maybe the coils you are getting aren't genuine .

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Best premade coils I've ever tried. Hard to find the sleeve adapter now though.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3007/10019486/7178400

7178400-3.jpg

thanks for replies - I buy my coils of ez-smoke so they should be genuine. Last query I'm gonna buy a pod. Should I get the aspire breeze 2 or the nautilus aio? (I know this will be lower wattage but just want to try a pod) or would you guys on here recommend a different one. gonna try a nic salt juice with it. Can I use a nic salt juice in the zelos? Is it necessary to use the nic salt coils? or can any coil (over 1omh) be used for nic salts?
    thanks
    Slick

thanks for replies - I buy my coils of ez-smoke so they should be genuine. Last query I'm gonna buy a pod. Should I get the aspire breeze 2 or the nautilus aio? (I know this will be lower wattage but just want to try a pod) or would you guys on here recommend a different one. gonna try a nic salt juice with it. Can I use a nic salt juice in the zelos? Is it necessary to use the nic salt coils? or can any coil (over 1omh) be used for nic salts?
    thanks
    Slick

Those BVC coils you have,there are two types of coil,one is like a copy & the other is the genuine Nautilus coil.

Here is the bad coil https://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/485-aspire-bvc-replacement-heads.html

Here is the genuine coil https://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html

I've been using 2 of these Breeze2 for the last year, https://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/1005-aspire-breeze-2-aio-kit.html I use the 0.6 coil & do a restricted DTL vaping with it,you can also MTL vape,those nic salt coils can be used with any liquid.

The Zelos is only a battery,it doesn't restrict you on any juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Quick question, I always use rda or rta, just bought bottle 120ml juice that I would normally mix with 1 and half to 2 10mls of Nic shots, but only just checked and the Nic shot is í think a Nic salt shot... I know that shouldn't use Nic salt in dtl,am I as well off just getting another 10ml of normal Nic shot I use!? My wife mtl vapes so could just keep the Nic salt for her if I can't use it?

Advertisement