Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I ordered a Kanger Twist kit from e-smokeireland for a work colleague.
    One of the batteries was DOA.

Called them up and a new one arrived next day, no questions asked.

Now that's what I call good customer service :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

UsedToWait wrote: »

ESI have thrown in lots of freebies over my orders with them, replaced a month old faulty Vamo without the slightest hint of 'quibble', even took it upon themselves to drop an order to me at work personally when I mentioned that I would be away for a few days and couldn't pick it up.

Simply, the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Lucutus wrote: »
    Simply, the best.

The best? The best what?

Like... the best shop? Dotty you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

No no, ESI are the best, simply speaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

ESI have thrown in lots of freebies over my orders with them, replaced a month old faulty Vamo without the slightest hint of 'quibble', even took it upon themselves to drop an order to me at work personally when I mentioned that I would be away for a few days and couldn't pick it up.

Simply, the best.
    Ok its not ESI, I love these guessing games:-)
    Seriously if a vendor did that to me I would be shouting it from the mountain tops. Thats no way to treat a customer and run a business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Just PM Lucutus. Naming and shaming can be a contentious issue on Boards...

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    ^ Just PM Lucutus. Naming and shaming can be a contentious issue on Boards...
    Not trying to be a smart arse here, but if a vendor treats us like crap and we can prove it can we not name them ?

^ I'm just telling you what generally applies on Boards, in my experience.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Anyone know if any other irish vendors (apart from bargain vapour) who sells nic base?

I recently had a DOA battery from a popular irish based online vaping shop, tried everything I could to get it working over a weekend, no joy, so I sent it back for replacement.

I got an email back with pictures of it, highlighting scratches on the base and on the connection post, basically accusing me of returning an old battery and denying a replacement. So I'm out of pocket 20 quid, c'est la vie.

I won't ever buy from them or recommend them to anyone again.
    Like I said earlier, say nothin to nobody about nothin, ha :-P
    Can you pm me the vendor so I know who to avoid, thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Like I said earlier, say nothin to nobody about nothin, ha :P
    Like I didn't say earlier: Stick around and learn. ;)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Anyone know if any other irish vendors (apart from bargain vapour) who sells nic base?

DB ecigshop sell it as well.
    http://e-cigshop.eu/DIY-E-Liquids/e-juice-50-mg-nic-base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

UsedToWait wrote: »

e-smokeireland just kick ass, end of story. They are just fantastic.

Anyone know where I could pick up a retavitly cheap passthrough? if not then ill just buy some twists

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think liberty flights had a couple last time I looked, dont know if a ny of the irish sites have them.. dont think so

i think liberty flights had a couple last time I looked, dont know if a ny of the irish sites have them.. dont think so

Vaperus have one but its €70, sure if that's all there is local I might go with it. sure ill look around thanks

interesting, was probably only the kit they gave for the raffle, sure ill take a gander myself later when all the managers have gone home for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I like the look of their little 18350 mod for €14. Nothing fancy but would be handy for nights out. Someone at the vapemeet had one and it looked nice. No weight to it either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I saw a filler-less carto somewhere the other day. Kinda like a carto disposable version of the killer I suppose. Must have a look again. If that was good it would blow all that clearo dirt out of the water. Handiness of a carto in a tank without the filler taste.

Probably leak like a pig though I'd say.

http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/ce3-tank-insert.html

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pkjnr

@sept09baby;
    i had the 18350 mod,good device..but hold off untill 'vaperus' get the udt-l in stock..its a better device as it takes 18650 also..i found they're cust service v.good to deal with

@DirtyBollox
    i got the vv passthrough from e-cig shop..10e,works great..

They both arrived today, my Innokin MVP and the Vision Eternity Rebuildable Atomizer.

And loving both, I have to say I prefer the feel of a box mod in my hand than a cylinder mod, just feels better to hold (bar of soap anyone)

The Itaste MVP is a powerful tool and got it for the pub and such places so it can't roll onto the floor, but think I’ll use it as my main vaping tool from now on, really love the feel and nice draw, and find the eVic a tighter draw than the MVP. The only downside for me with the MVP is with re wicking, I have to have the Provari or the eVic handy to see what resistance the coil is I'm using in the ET atty.

The ET Vision atty I also like and it’s the first one I have recoiled that actually works, first one at 1.6 ohms and the one now in use at 2.2. I am finding it a cool vape and seems similar to me like a T3 but that’s fine. Having trouble gauging the 40 drops per fill as it keeps flooding and making a mess, but I’m putting that down to the big nozzle on my bottle. But the biggest plus for it is NO BLOODY SCREWS INVOLVED woo hoo. A good top up on the atty lasts me ages, so its more of a small tank than a dripper as I have been using the Vision Nano (1.1ml tank) for a while now and topping the atty is about the same time as topping the Nano. Haven’t tried it with the ego T tanks yet, enjoying the dripping bit so far.

All in all a very good combo of the two, one big bummer though I ordered a set of spare coils from TBS with the ET and must have been in the bottom of the envelope which I chucked on the fire as I didn’t spot them, really wanted the spare set of 5 coils to give me a good stock of spare bits for the future as they are tiny and bound to lose a few, so have to order more.

Just a quicky for those in the know, I am going to get a single strand wick can be arsed with 3, so was wondering which is best to get the 3mm or 3.5 Fibreglass/Silica wick from TBS, and also which size of Kanthal wire would be better 0.15 or 0.2?

picture.php?albumid=2342&pictureid=14635

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got the Hippo air flow valve for the Provari today - was kinda wondering if it would make any difference on the carto tanks I'm using, but I must say it really improves the flavour with the airflow opened up a bit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

artyeva wrote: »
    yip. this was reading 82% yesterday afternoon and after caning it for god knows how long last night and again this morning now it's only at 70%. it'll trickle at what i'd consider a normal rate to about 30% then die altogether at 12% - always 12% :confused: the first time it happened i made sure the battery setting was to the right 2600mah and it was so i've no idea what's going on.

i'll try an efest 2000mah in it tonight and see what happens.

right, the efest 2000mah discharged as it should - 100% right down to 0 at a steady pace. charged the kit battery and it's the same as before - 3.5/4 hrs charging, 100 > 97 on the first firing, then hangs around 70-80% for HOURS, then races to 12% then dies.

is the battery faulty or should i even care?

on another note, put the efest into my trustfire charger there now and it's making this weird high pitched SHRIEEEEEEEK it never made before. it buzzed before but never SHRIEEEEEEKED. is THAT normal? :confused: like it's so loud i could hear it all over the house.

artyeva wrote: »
    right, the efest 2000mah discharged as it should - 100% right down to 0 at a steady pace. charged the kit battery and it's the same as before - 3.5/4 hrs charging, 100 > 97 on the first firing, then hangs around 70-80% for HOURS, then races to 12% then dies.

is the battery faulty or should i even care?

on another note, put the efest into my trustfire charger there now and it's making this weird high pitched SHRIEEEEEEEK it never made before. it buzzed before but never SHRIEEEEEEKED. is THAT normal? :confused: like it's so loud i could hear it all over the house.

I don't think it would bother me about running at 80% but dying to 12 % then die, as long as the battery life gave me a normal life span, but I would deffo not take that battery out with me a night out as I might not remember how long it's been on 80% and could die on me while out.

I get a buzzing noise on all batteries I charge when they are charging on their own, but if I have 2 charging together there is no or very little buzzing :confused: Is the battery made by or marked "Al-Qaeda" by any chance :D

Edit: My Panasonic 3100 has been charging 12 hours now and still not fully charged, it's the same with all my high mAh batteries, beggining to think it's the charger maybe???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

SSTS received. Cute little thing, not gonna win over any fans of the fancier mech mods as these are made and probably thrown into a bucket as opposed to wrapped in a satin blanket (i.e. minor scuff marks - luckily I like scuffs and hate shiny).

Pic in 18350 mode for comparison

GIANT PICTURE!!!

YqJmP3c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

It's like The Night Watch, only BIGGER :D

pretty much exactly the same size as a 650 ego

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

who all else bought the kir fanis tubes for their evic - has your arrived yet? mine left thessalonica on the 15th and still isn't here yet :(

Advertisement