Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

That's for Joyetech, these look generic.
    Ecigshop do 5 for less than €10.

Just sayin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

illicit007 wrote: »
    Ask us here before you buy anything else if you like that yoke. You can get kits that are €25-€30 and come with two similar ecigs to the one you got (longer life batteries, plus charger, plus eliquid).

You can buy the eliquid to refill them and it works out much cheaper.

Impatience and impulsiveness got the better of me. The bricks and mortar tax also weighs in here.

I want to get a few more flavours and keep them in ready to go clearomisers,
    Do i just get the Ego compatible clearomisers? and if so is that T3 (15ml) or MT3 (16ml), from here.

Can i wash clearomisers with water or is alcohol best to use?

TIA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

some clearos will leak a little bit if you leave juice in them for a few days

and water will do the job although some flavours would be so s trong it might need a couple of washes to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

mrplop wrote: »
    One ego C head for €4.06 at Vaperus - is that a typo?

Yea you usually but a pack of 5 for €20 so they work out about that!

I wouldn't buy any non-original Joyetech stuff any more. I've bought knock off Chinese stuff in the past and it's always disappointed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

illicit007 wrote: »
    Yea you usually but a pack of 5 for €20 so they work out about that!

I wouldn't buy any non-original Joyetech stuff any more. I've bought knock off Chinese stuff in the past and it's always disappointed me.

They shouldn't work out at €20 unless they were real Joyetech.
    The generics are way cheaper to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

mrplop wrote: »
    They shouldn't work out at €20 unless they were real Joyetech.
    The generics are way cheaper to buy.

Yip I was talking about the real Joyetech brand ones.

I got them from The Vapour Store http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego-c/cat_89.html

Turns out they're actually only €18.25 for a 5 pack so €3.65 each (my bad memory). They last ages so I'd say they're worth it. I've no experience with imitation / generic eGo C atomisers.

Only used imitation / generic 510 and eGo style batteries before and they were poor quality, had a 5 second puff limit, the buttons sometimes got stuck under the body as they were made of soft rubber, they wouldn't switch off if you clicked them 5 times. Personally I'm sticking with the name brand / good quality or at least recommended stuff now.

Wow, I just noticed my sense of smell and taste coming back to full flavour! Pretty cool side effect of Vaping.

I wanted to ask has anyone else noticed a chemically taste from the e-liquids? Maybe its the juice I have, its 2 juices mixed;a fruit and menthol mix 80/20%.

Getting a very fulminating chemical aroma after a few tokes. Its kinf of putting me off. I should probably get a different brand of juice to compare, right now im using Mild own Brand that came with the x1 Atomizer Kit i bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

platinums wrote: »
    Wow, I just noticed my sense of smell and taste coming back to full flavour! Pretty cool side effect of Vaping.

I wanted to ask has anyone else noticed a chemically taste from the e-liquids? Maybe its the juice I have, its 2 juices mixed;a fruit and menthol mix 80/20%.

Getting a very fulminating chemical aroma after a few tokes. Its kinf of putting me off. I should probably get a different brand of juice to compare, right now im using Mild own Brand that came with the x1 Atomizer Kit i bought.
    Yay, senses!

Some cack eliquids have an odd taste. Actually, some cack eliquids get a lot worse than that, so you're spared that much at least.

e-smokeireland.eu have a gigantic range of different tasty juice brands.
    Mom & Pops = Pretty nice - need to try more to judge.
    Wingnut's Premium & Select Ranges = Great, really tasty.
    House of Liquid = Fantastic, but are for tobacco lovers
    Highbrow Vapors = So tasty and real tasting they make my atomiser sick.
    The juices by the last two are atty-killers, so you can expect a short life-span unless you vape at low heat or get used to the routine of cleaning clearo heads.

The DKS range at Bargain vapour is quite nice, but you have to buy the nic to put into the juice.

The White Label range at e-cigshop.eu is held in high regard, but I've not tried any due to too much juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

When making your own juice can the vg mute the taste of the flavours? I think mine is anyway

When making your own juice can the vg mute the taste of the flavours? I think mine is anyway

Yeah, the higher the VG, the higher the flavour needs to be to pop out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Is there much of a difference in taste between flavourart and inawara flavours? massive price difference!

There's a difference, but not a quality difference. They're about as tasty as eachother, you'll just need a bit less of the FA flavours (usually).
    Doesn't warrant doubling the spend at all (I only have some FA due to a sale). Better to get tons of Inawera flavours to experiment with than a couple of FA ones - it'll still make a crazy amount of juice.

I bought a X1 here

The Kanger T5 - doesnt fit, the centre pin at the bottom is just a bit too long and wont attach to the battery.
    The Ego v2 screws on ok but when powered I get no vape. I kind of fixed this by pulling the centre pin out and down a bit Yay! Its a bit flaky nw to be honest.

I thought these were ego fitting, i guess the kanger needs something specific?
    I really want a Vision STV Nova but worried it wont fit either.
    Im a complete nooob! Where did i go wrong,

The Kanger should fit, sounds more like the battery has the issue if a few devices won't work on it, rather than the other way around.

EGo V2 flaky vape could be that it's too high a resistance for the battery. Anything above 2ohms on a standard eGo battery is piddly, best off staying around 1.5-2ohms.
    That set you bought is overpriced unless the liquid has flakes of gold and a couple of Swarovski crystals in it.

All excited about buying a new device from America and some new flavours until I get to the checkout and see postage is $40 and that's the cheap option!!!!!!

**** them all so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Interesting read (the provisional PDF).

Not a huge amount of hard info though - more or a survey really.

Not your ornery onager

You know when you used to smoke analogs, and you would occasionally get smoke in your eye and it stings a bit?

TOP TIP, close your eyes when blowing dirt out of the battery connector on your clearomiser/atomiser, as getting that juice in your eye Stings like a BIATCH,

Might want to invest in some cotton buds there Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I know this was asked before but I cant find the thread, how do you use TBS vouchers and can you use a few vouchers in one go? One of them runs up at 12A.M :-o
    Just figured out it is not about to run out, he uses American style dates 10/3/13 instead of 3/10/13 :$ DAAA!
    Still want to use them up though so if anyone knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I know this was asked before but I cant find the thread, how do you use TBS vouchers and can you use a few vouchers in one go? One of them runs up at 12A.M :-o
    Just figured out it is not about to run out, he uses American style dates 10/3/13 instead of 3/10/13 :$ DAAA!
    Still want to use them up though so if anyone knows...

You can use multiple vouchers in one transaction, I've done it. Just keep entering the codes.

superneat wrote: »

You can use multiple vouchers in one transaction, I've done it. Just keep entering the codes.
    Cheers superneat, cant find where to put the feckin codes though.

Cheers superneat, cant find where to put the feckin codes though.

code.jpg

Good man, for some reason that wasn't coming up on internet exp. Tried it on chrome and it worked!
    Cheers.

Internet explorer sucks :mad:

Balls, just got a glow in the dark drip tip for the vamo/agr cause at night when I reach out for it in bed, I keep knockin it over!! BANG, and I wake up the whole house, not a mark on the vamo or agr but my bedside table has gouges taken out of it from the stupid ugly knurling! Anyhow the drip tip wont fit cause of the filler screw :'(

Balls, just got a glow in the dark drip tip for the vamo/agr cause at night when I reach out for it in bed, I keep knockin it over!! BANG, and I wake up the whole house, not a mark on the vamo or agr but my bedside table has gouges taken out of it from the stupid ugly knurling! Anyhow the drip tip wont fit cause of the filler screw :'(

Sand down the drip tip to fit. Not the best option cosmetically speaking, or even possible, unless the hole is a straight tube and the material (delrin?) is thick enough to take a chunk out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Or possibly heat it enough so it goes a little soft. That or a dremel. A dremel always works. +1 for internet explorer suckness Google Chrome FTW. Mr Chrome.. you should know this.

• Advertisement

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Or possibly heat it enough so it goes a little soft. That or a dremel. A dremel always works. +1 for internet explorer suckness Google Chrome FTW. Mr Chrome.. you should know this.
    What I know about computers isnt worth knowing! Now sush, its NO SMOKING DAY yano.

Advertisement