Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Not looking for a computer geek but some info regarding this statement about these smaller size carts..ReJuvenator Mini 1.7 ohm low resistance cartomizer......

NOTE: These may shorten the life of eGo, 510, 901 or other mosfet driven batteries. Low resistance cartomizers should be used with 3.7 volt mods with a switch capable of handling 2.5 or more amps. Protection circuits on some batteries may see these as a short and cause them to shut down.

http://www.smoktek.com/ReJuvenator-Mini-17-ohm-low-resistance-cartomizer_p_237.html

That will be used with a
    Vision Mini eGo 510 Battery - 400mAh

http://www.smoktek.com/Vision-Mini-eGo-510-Battery--400mAh_p_513.html

Would the usb charger that came with my ego-c twist 900mah be fine to charge these batts up then.

when i read about the "switch" :confused: handling 2.5 or more amps started getting confused a bit :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it will be fine on the 400mah batteries. the 2.5amp switch is a limit of how much current the battery will allow, or the circuity around the battery will allow. so you can't run a 1 ohm coil at six volts, cos that would be around 4amps.

the main problem with those cartos on a 400mah is it probably won't last very long at all before needing to be recharged

it will be fine on the 400mah batteries. the 2.5amp switch is a limit of how much current the battery will allow, or the circuity around the battery will allow. so you can't run a 1 ohm coil at six volts, cos that would be around 4amps.

the main problem with those cartos on a 400mah is it probably won't last very long at all before needing to be recharged

Grand thanks for that info,something i forgot to ask....
    If you buy some stuff from the states and their 120v charged by usb and plug the usb charger into a usb 3pin 230-240v plug would that be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

You can use the USB lead
    USB charger leads are often rated at 120mah or 420mah which you can use in a 230-240V usb Mains plug
    Ego type batteries you shouldn't really be using above 500mah
    Just dont use a 120v mains plug over here

Vaperus wrote: »
    You can use the USB lead
    USB charger leads are often rated at 120mah or 420mah which you can use in a 230-240V usb Mains plug
    Ego type batteries you shouldn't really be using above 500mah
    Just dont use a 120v mains plug over here

Cheers,thanks for the info.......

While i,m at it could somebody tell me is there a differance between the vamo vv and the vamo vv-vw,was the second one upgraded with a better spring and came with a variable wattage which the vv didnt have,guessing here ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

damon5 wrote: »

Cheers,thanks for the info.......

While i,m at it could somebody tell me is there a differance between the vamo vv and the vamo vv-vw,was the second one upgraded with a better spring and came with a variable wattage which the vv didnt have,guessing here ...

I thought all vamos were variable wattage. Probably just written wrong mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

The Vamo is VV and VW
    at least some of the Version 2 came with a spring that was resistive causing it to heat up. New ones comming out the factory should have this fixed and vendors should have replaced the springs on Faulty ones

Vaperus wrote: »
    The Vamo is VV and VW
    at least some of the Version 2 came with a spring that was resistive causing it to heat up. New ones comming out the factory should have this fixed and vendors should have replaced the springs on Faulty ones

Thanks,when i heard of the version 2 i assumed it may have been an upgraded one with the previous faults ironed out.As you said on the earlier model there was an issue with the spring and the end cap was heating up,they now have a replacement end cap and modified spring.Also a couple of other fixes from the Rainbow Heaven website that i was unaware of ....
    Please choose RMS when you use 2pcs batteries, and AVG when using 1pc battery, to ensure you get an accurate output.
    The before Vamo has a little connection problem when you use 18650 flat tip battery, RainbowHeaven updated the spring and all Vamo from today(18th Nov. 2012) will be the updated one, no connection problem any more.
    Also RainbowHeaven added a small, thin, red insulator at the end of "+" pole connection, to avoid short circuit.
    Sorry for the before problem brought to you, enjoy your shopping and vaping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I put in a order to esmoke Ireland yesterday and I'd forgotten a couple of T2 heads I wanted too. I emailed asking them could put them both in the same package to save on postage and let me know how I could pay for them. So my package arrived today with the extra T2 heads and no charge for them. I've spent a good bit of money with them over the past month but that's great customer service to be fair, so props to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thanks,when i heard of the version 2 i assumed it may have been an upgraded one with the previous faults ironed out.As you said on the earlier model there was an issue with the spring and the end cap was heating up,they now have a replacement end cap and modified spring.Also a couple of other fixes from the Rainbow Heaven website that i was unaware of ....

"Please choose RMS when you use 2pcs batteries, and AVG when using 1pc battery, to ensure you get an accurate output.
    The before Vamo has a little connection problem when you use 18650 flat tip battery, RainbowHeaven updated the spring and all Vamo from today(18th Nov. 2012) will be the updated one, no connection problem any more.
    Also RainbowHeaven added a small, thin, red insulator at the end of "+" pole connection, to avoid short circuit.
    Sorry for the before problem brought to you, enjoy your shopping and vaping."
    My eyes, from the shouting and the mad colours in your post! (not in the quote above, though...) :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    My eyes, from the shouting and the mad colours in your post! (not in the quote above, though...) :)
    Sorry just copied and pasted from the site,glad it kept you entertained :)

This quote below is a bit of a riddle to work out though ....... totally differant interpretations being stated from some well known video reviewers and none mentioning this one but any i,ve seen say to use the vamo in RMS mode...

Wondering then what setting do vamo users on the forum settle for..

"Please choose RMS when you use 2pcs batteries, and AVG when using 1pc battery, to ensure you get an accurate output."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Wondering then what setting do vamo users on the forum settle for..

"Please choose RMS when you use 2pcs batteries, and AVG when using 1pc battery, to ensure you get an accurate output."

Always, always, always use the RMS mode, unless you want a good bit more power than it actually states it's providing.
    I have no idea why they recommend using one over the other on that site, it makes zero sense for accuracy.

The figures you'll get using AVG (it's an update of the ZMAX chip, this is precisely why they updated it to a version 2 of the chip to use RMS).

The figures you'll get using RMS.

Scroll down until you see number charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

As grindle says, never use AVG mode on any of the 33.3 hz mods (all brands of Zmax, CVI, Vamo,etc) AVG gives massive "overvoltage" even at the lowest setting.

For example, 3 volts is closer to 4.5 volts - great if you like that nice burnt taste on low resistance stuff.

grindle wrote: »
    Always, always, always use the RMS mode, unless you want a good bit more power than it actually states it's providing.
    I have no idea why they recommend using one over the other on that site, it makes zero sense for accuracy.

The figures you'll get using AVG (it's an update of the ZMAX chip, this is precisely why they updated it to a version 2 of the chip to use RMS).

The figures you'll get using RMS.

Scroll down until you see number charts.

Should be saying thanks for your help Grindle in finding out that information but after reading through pages and links on that site my heads on a meltdown trying to decipher a translated language into english :)
    I,d say with my total lack of knowledge in this area i maybe fathomed out 10% of the information that would help and another 10% having a good laugh the way some of the translations read and are quite comical to read in english.
    When i moved onto another page reading up on the Vamo i found myself in horror because in larger type the header read ......."6 INCH BUG " :eek:

An untranslated page would be a god send but for now i must say MANY THANKS for your time and effort :) LOL.....

mrplop wrote: »
    As grindle says, never use AVG mode on any of the 33.3 hz mods (all brands of Zmax, CVI, Vamo,etc) AVG gives massive "overvoltage" even at the lowest setting.

For example, 3 volts is closer to 4.5 volts - great if you like that nice burnt taste on low resistance stuff.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Didn't know about this so just googled on how to change it. Have changed it to RMS mode and it's much better thanks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

TBS new products!! Think my cc is about to take a beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Couple of interesting things in there alright. They have filler less carto's which might be interesting and what looks like a clone of Clockworks RTA. Theres a genny type as well.

Couple of interesting things in there alright. They have filler less carto's which might be interesting and what looks like a clone of Clockworks RTA. Theres a genny type as well.

Please buy and let me know if it's worth buying or not. Would save me a bucket load of money. Thanks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Got the UDT L today, along with a sage wood donut drip tip.

487D054A-6BFF-415C-B352-83189D3AA402-7012-000002B9336D238A_zps1fc1fd25.jpg

I got it as a backup while I wait for some more expensive mods to be delivered.
    So far I find it great, so cheap for what it is and it just works...mostly.

The only problem is that sometimes it doesn't work. That's ok if it's a backup but not if its ur main device.

This morning it took 10 minutes of fiddling with the bottom spring (which is really cheap looking) to get it going. Once it was working, not a bother...until you change the battery, same thing again, no power, fiddle with the spring to get it going again.

Not a dealbreaker for me, very happy with it bar that one niggle.
    I would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap backup device.

• Advertisement

Ordered stuff on Monday and used Fastway to be sure I got it Wednesday.....still haven't got it......bloody hell...

Ordered stuff on Monday and used Fastway to be sure I got it Wednesday.....still haven't got it......bloody hell...
    That sucks alright,was,nt BV by any chance because there was some problem on the website in the final order submittance and could be causing a backlog.

It was yes. But it was dispatched on Monday in fairness.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wasn't monday a bank holiday?

Yep - order to ship Tues and expected on Wed by Fastway.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I just got replacement heads for Kanger T3 clearomizer and I'm finding it's just destroyed the flavour I'm getting from the El Toro CN.
    They're 2.5ohm and I'm using an Ego-T battery from an Ego-T starter kit.
    The T2's are giving much better flavour and vapour.
    Would the battery be the problem with the T3?

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I just got replacement heads for Kanger T3 clearomizer and I'm finding it's just destroyed the flavour I'm getting from the El Toro CN.
    They're 2.5ohm and I'm using an Ego-T bettery from an Ego-T starter kit.
    The T2's are giving much better flavour and vapour.
    Would the battery be the problem with the T3?
    Would think the ego-t battery giving out 3.7 volts wouldnt be strong enough for 2.5 ohm clearomisers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Would think the ego-t battery giving out 3.7 volts wouldnt be strong enough for 2.5 ohm clearomisers...
    Any recommendations on the type of battery I would need?

I vote for the "eGo Twist"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Any recommendations on the type of battery I would need?

An eGo Twist can power 2.5ohms properly @ ~4.5v.

Be cheaper to get lower resistance heads (1.5-1.8ohms), but a step into VV vaping is always worthwhile.

Advertisement