Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Any recommendations on the type of battery I would need?

I,m only new to this game myself and had mt3 carto,s on an ego-c 900mah twist battery,with the twists you can vary the voltage for differant ohm carto,s.Hang on in here and you,ll get the info your looking for from the vintage lads with YEARS of experience :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

grindle wrote: »

An eGo Twist can power 2.5ohms properly @ ~4.5v.

Be cheaper to get lower resistance heads (1.5-1.8ohms), but a step into VV vaping is always worthwhile.
    I just got 10 of the 2.5 ohm heads so I didn't have to worry about them going out of stock again. I don't remember choosing the resistance :o 2.5 must have been the default when placing an order.

I'll probably go with the ego twist so.
    Should I go with 1000mah?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

1000mah is loooooooooooooooooooooong

get the 650mah or the 900mah.
    personally i'd rather the 650mah. if you have a 900mah ego the 650mah twist is about the same size as that, the 900 is longer.

1000mah is loooooooooooooooooooooong

get the 650mah or the 900mah.
    personally i'd rather the 650mah. if you have a 900mah ego the 650mah twist is about the same size as that, the 900 is longer.
    It's only giving me the 1000mah option on esmokeireland on the twist.
    Would the ego c upgrade battery do a similar job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

If you can live with 4.2v you could get the ego c upgrade, the 1000mah ego c is 21mm shorter than a 1000mah twist, but Im not sure who has them in stock.

• Advertisement

Think I'll just go with the 1000mah twist. I'll only be using it at home anyway so I don't really care if it's big and ugly looking :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Get a Vamo vw and you wont go wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

damon5 wrote: »
    Get a Vamo vw and you wont go wrong :D

But if you do buy an 18350 battery and an 18650 so at least you can use it in mini-mode as well as uber-large-mode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

StickyIcky wrote: »
    But if you do buy an 18350 battery and an 18650 so at least you can use it in mini-mode as well as uber-large-mode

Forget 18650's in a vamo,stack the crap out of it with 2 18350's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Well I bought a Vision STV Nova from eSmokeIreland.

Though it was brilliant for teh first few days, having the big tank and it will be so easy to swap teh element when it burns out. It looks like you can do it from the top and dont have to drain the tank to d it either meaning a less sticky job than usual.

But today when i had the top part open I caught a whiff of something truly rank. Its like something very chemically\plasticky smell.
    Other half pulled quite a face when she sniffed it. Would this be normal? Should I have rinsed it out first?

I noticed the inner tube is plastic, just writing this now i remembered I've put a bit of Menthol in with the Wingnut Strawb Milkshake, would menthol do this to the plastic?

• Advertisement

Had a quick look at mine. It's got juice in it so didn't take it apart. Just looked in the window and unscrewed the lid. Looks like the center post is metal to me, that or the plastic is a metal colour. Also looks like swapping the head with juice still in it, without unscrewing the tank completely would be difficult. I've heard of certain juices breaking down the plastic but hasn't happened to me yet. Don't vape menthol myself. The Kanger ProTank which is coming out soon is supposed to have pyrex glass, or there are other things out right now too which have pyrex glass (don't ask me the names of them though.) I quite like the vivi novas myself. Hopefully someone can chime on and offer some actual advice :)

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the IGO-L and the IGO-S, one just looks a bit bigger to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

The S is Basically a mini Version of the L

Vaperus wrote: »
    The S is Basically a mini Version of the L
    Thanks again Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Anyone considering the UDTL 510 should think again. Had mine for a few days now, been using it as an in between device.
    Have to say it's shocking.

The threads on the 510 connector are sh!te. I have in no way been rough with it or overtightened anything on it and now a catro won't even stay screwed into it. Only a 22mm atty with a wide connector will stay seated.

Add to that, the fact that the bottom screw has to be played with regularly to get it to fire in the first place.
    Should have guessed from the price of it. Looking through a few threads elsewhere, it seems like a consistent issue.

STAY CLEAR OF IT.

Is that udtl 510 the same as the udtl?

Same thing sticky ya.

Think I'm losing my marbles...just bought an atty for over 200 quid :confused:

WTF ... dude... what??

superneat wrote: »
    Think I'm losing my marbles...just bought an atty for over 200 quid :confused:
    Think we need to organise an intervention for you super ;-)

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Think we need to organise an intervention for you super ;-)

At least he reclaims most of his money by reselling what he buys as quick as he buys it.

At least he reclaims most of his money by reselling what he buys as quick as he buys it.
    Thats true, I have to keep everything, Im like a vaping hoarder, I dont even throw out used cartos! :-(

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Thats true, I have to keep everything, Im like a vaping hoarder, I dont even throw out used cartos! :-(

Boil them and use them again then throw them out for god sake man :-)

Ya I need help LOL.

Remember that thread I made looking for a small genny?
    superneat wrote:
    Would love the hellfire mini but they're expensive and very very hard to get a hold of!

hellfire1.jpg

Well I ended up getting one of those super rare hellfire mini's off the classifieds. Paid way over rrp, but when they're not being sold, what good is a rrp?

My intention with it, is to swap for an Ihybrid. I've had my eye on the celtic one since I first saw it and it's going to be going on sale soon so the hellfire is my bargaining chip.

iHyCeltic-Promo_zps54d98c10.jpg

The LE's and the hellfire's are like rocking horse sh!t, so I reckon a trade is the only way to get the ihybrid.

I have a siam mods 14500 hex comiing to me next week (Monday hopefully)

minicubehexsav1.jpg

so a trade for the pair of them, I reckon I'll reach my goal. Wish me luck! :D

Boil them and use them again then throw them out for god sake man :-)
    Noooooo, Im gonna be buried with them....just in case!
    I have already boiled most of them, keeping them in case of an apocalypse!!!!
    What sort of atty is it? Is it the new gucci diamond encrusted one? :-D

Gotta work on my typing speed skills!!!

It's just a plain ol small factor form genesis, but they have taken on an almost cult following among elitist vapers.

For me, the Arashi mini I had (which is nigh on identical, for a quarter of the price), is just as nice looking, well built and performs like a champ.

I will definitely buy another Arashi in the future. As for the hellfire, I couldn't justify buying (and keeping) a genesis atty for over €200. An Ihybrid on the other hand is worth that money in my opinion.

:mad::mad::mad:

I am sooo p!ss3d!! Why are some people so cowardly as to back out of done deals even after money has been sent!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

w4nker.jpg

Wasting my time and effort, what a tosser!

It must be a sign, I'm not meant to get that Ihybrid :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I'm not going to mention names, but during a group buy I did with "Grant's Vanilla custard" one of the people withdrew their money after I had bought the liquid. Some people just care about themselves.

• Advertisement

You should get a nice udtl for yourself!!!
    Sorry super, couldnt resist :-P

Advertisement