Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    You should get a nice udtl for yourself!!!
    Sorry super, couldnt resist :-P

That's a low blow! I already have one of those good for nothing battery holders!

:P

jamie72 wrote: »
    I'm not going to mention names, but during a group buy I did with "Grant's Vanilla custard" one of the people withdrew their money after I had bought the liquid. Some people just care about themselves.

Well whatever about what happened to me, that's a bit fecking low!

:mad:

----

Anyway, it definitely wasn't my week at all!

I got on the list for another unicorn last week, the Chi you Brass. Paid my money, got a shipping date, lovely stuff.

Heb6MRN.jpg

Then, earlier this week, I got this news..

chi+you.jpg

Again, money refunded, load of bollocks! The list was only open for one day and could be 6 months before another one pops up.

But luckily, some good news!

chi+you+1.jpg

At least I can trade this very easily for the Ihybrid. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

superneat wrote: »

For me, the Arashi mini I had (which is nigh on identical, for a quarter of the price), is just as nice looking, well built and performs like a champ.

I will definitely buy another Arashi in the future. As for the hellfire, I couldn't justify buying (and keeping) a genesis atty for over €200. An Ihybrid on the other hand is worth that money in my opinion.

Maybe it's time to buy back that Arashi???...

Sorry I had to :-P

Oh I will, same way I sold the Vamo and bought another one :P

Same way I sold the Piccolo and I'll probably buy another one again.

I have several illnesses like gottahaveit-itis, shiny-itis, gottasellit-itis and gottabuyitback-itis, I'm riddled! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I have several illnesses like gottahaveit-itis, shiny-itis, gottasellit-itis and gottabuyitback-itis, I'm riddled! :P
    I would never have guessed! :)

Not your ornery onager

On another note,

I have some homemade grant's vanilla custard steeping at the moment. Around 100ml of it (3 slightly varied batches). One week to go before I'm gonna try them.

Came across the recipe on the ukv forum. Hopefully it works out cause I'm loving making my own juice, works out so cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I can't access my gallery here on boards, all may vape pics are there and I have more to put up.

Any idea's?

here's the message

"heliguyheliguy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Suggest you ask about this in the Help Desk. Are you sure you were logged in at the time? Clearing your cache / deleting Boards cookies might be something to try.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I see BV have a few new products in. Just browsing the site there. By the way, what's the difference in say RY4, RY5 and RY6 anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Actually, I see The Vapour Store have a new website and it looks very nice too I must say. Always thought the old one was a bit grey or dull or something. This looks refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pkjnr

RE the UDT-L mod..i paid £10 for mine a couple of months back!..im in a workshop all day and the thing gets knocked around constantly.Its still going strong and threads are fine on the 510..so guess i got a good one..the only thing i would change when the time comes is;taking the tactile switch out and replacing it with a $2 switch i bought after reading a thread somewhere!...theres definitely loss of power through the original switch..but it hasnt given up so far..and may not!!..time will tell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

pkjnr wrote: »
    RE the UDT-L mod..i paid £10 for mine a couple of months back!..im in a workshop all day and the thing gets knocked around constantly.Its still going strong and threads are fine on the 510..so guess i got a good one..the only thing i would change when the time comes is;taking the tactile switch out and replacing it with a $2 switch i bought after reading a thread somewhere!...theres definitely loss of power through the original switch..but it hasnt given up so far..and may not!!..time will tell ;)
    Saw a guy on utube who got some copper screen from co-ax (tv cable, the outer core) and wrapped it around the spring and he got a bit more voltage out of it, about .3v under load afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pkjnr

yep..done the cooper mesh trick...its that cheapo switch..its has to go..lol!

Jaysus, the natural is absolutely beautiful, mine has none of the issues Ive seen mentioned on utube and different forums.
    Must be a v2, button is really soft (too soft if anything), no gaps with 350 efast button tops, no gaps with 650 efast flat tops, no gaps with lavatube batteries, tiny gap(1mm) with 650 efast button tops.
    I might sand down the contacts to brass but for now its not an issue.
    Only little gripe I have is its size. Its only about 27mm shorter than a vamo in 650 mode, thought it would be way smaller than that.
    As for the smok r tank - greatest load of s*ite! Serious draw issues going on. Its tighter than a goldfish's arse. I know its only 14euro but its not worth 14cents to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

As for the smok r tank - greatest load of s*ite! Serious draw issues going on. Its tighter than a goldfish's arse. I know its only 14euro but its not worth 14cents to me.

A tight draw is easily fixed, no?

You're ruining my possible dreams of a dual U-wick after a bit of a drilling.

Anybody want to buy a lovely r tank? Works a treat!

grindle wrote: »

A tight draw is easily fixed, no?

You're ruining my possible dreams of a dual U-wick after a bit of a drilling.
    The air comes from the 510 connector so when you screw it down you block it!!!
    How stupid is that?
    You have to unscrew it loads to get it to work.
    I might drill the side of the air chamber for a laugh :-)

The air comes from the 510 connector so when you screw it down you block it!!!
    How stupid is that?
    You have to unscrew it loads to get it to work.
    I might drill the side of the air chamber for a laugh :-)

Same set-up as the clockworks RTA by the sounds of it. It doesn't have air-channels drilled into the side of the 510 (above the threading)? Now THAT is weird.

Drilling chamber airholes might be the best bet if they've left that extremely important part of the equation out.

grindle wrote: »

Same set-up as the clockworks RTA by the sounds of it. It doesn't have air-channels drilled into the side of the 510 (above the threading)? Now THAT is weird.

Drilling chamber airholes might be the best bet if they've left that extremely important part of the equation out.
    It does have 2 holes above the threading but I dunno wtf is going on with it, seriously, seriously tight. Might suit some people though.

Does your mod have air-channels to stop it from being airtight? I'd imagine if this is a problem, then Vivi's didn't work well either. Maybe there's some swarf stuck in the holes?

Arrrrrrgh! I dunno, just start panicking and lose all hope, it's what I'd do.

Yup, they have air channels, think the 2 holes should have been a fraction higher- away from the thread.

• Advertisement

Damn, pretty stupid oversight. Chinese ruler quality may not be up to scratch.

Might be just mine thats f*cked, I have it all taken apart and the whole bottom cap and 510 connector is pretty tight to blow through. Makes a great dog whistle. Dog going nuts here!

Guys, can anyone advise me on batteries for a mech mod. Up to now I presumed IMR's were the best but I have been doing some googling and it seems ICR's are safer. I understand m is for magnesium, c is for cobalt, and cobalt needs to be protected so their safer in mech mods, IMR's are fine in vv/vw devices cause their already protected by the device(from what I can gather from the interweb)
    Thing is nobody seems to be selling ICR's here, their either out of stock or dont sell them at all, so I presume not many people are using them.
    Am I safe just using IMR's, dont want to have to buy more batteries if I can help it, but I dont want to blow my face off either!
    Also are ICR's much bigger than IMR's.
    Please tell me Im just being paranoid :-)
    Thanks.
    Sorry, manganese not magnesium!

Nearly every manufacturer always recommend AW IMR non protected batteries.
    Go with the flow I say.

Nearly every manufacturer always recommend AW IMR non protected batteries.
    Go with the flow I say.
    Sorry Super, but do they recommend them on mech mods, if they do Im happy.
    Also isnt AW only a brand, I know their one of the best but shouldnt efast IMR's be as safe in theory?

Most use IMR in mechanical mods. No, you don't have the added protection that you would have from the likes of a Vamo or Provari, but you'll often find a hotspring, vapesafe or other safety mechanism built into the mod.

AW is just the most widely recommended brand. Efest are just as good in certain battery sizes and better in others.

The natural doesnt have a hot spring afaik but it has decent venting so it should be ok, I hope :-S

The natural doesnt have a hot spring afaik but it has decent venting so it should be ok, I hope :-S

The only case I've heard of a battery actually exploding on a vaper, was one of the ciga-like small 510 batteries!

There are videos online that show you someone purposely destroying an 18*** battery and it takes ages for them to do any real damage. If something goes wrong, you will have plenty of time to properly dispose of the battery. (I've heard flushing them down the toilet is the right job :p )

I wouldn't worry at all fella!

Cheers for that super, I heard of a guy(in the states I think) who was charging an 18650 and it exploded. He was standing 5 meters away and he said he had to pick out bits of metal out of his leg with a tweezers-lovely!
    Could be an urban myth though!

• Advertisement

That's why some people use charging bags.

le-0045-s-big.jpg

Once you treat the battery with care and do proper charge and discharge cycles, there should never be a problem during the life expectancy of it.

Advertisement