Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Is this any good for an Evic? €68,49 for teh full kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

It's a great price, you won't find it that cheap anywhere else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭Esel

platinums wrote: »
    Is this any good for an Evic? €68,49 for the full kit?
    Now showing a price of €90.53?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Esel wrote: »

Maybe they're being made to jump through that hoop by Joyetech... Although I thought they were blacklisted by Joyetech and that was that.

"Would you like a €25 discount with that mod, sir?"

"Why, yes, yes I most certainly would!"

"Very good sir, very good."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Cheers for that super, I heard of a guy(in the states I think) who was charging an 18650 and it exploded. He was standing 5 meters away and he said he had to pick out bits of metal out of his leg with a tweezers-lovely!
    Could be an urban myth though!
    Could have been a fake *-fire ; plenty of them around. Also, even a decent one becomes a bit dodgy if they're sorely abused and so far, most of the stories I've heard or read have some background of battery carelessness in them.
    I have a shedload of laptop pulls that I never take below 3.2V or above 4.2V; what happens with some people is they lose track of their discharge (especially on the single-cell flashlights) and over-discharge the battery. Once it's been below 2.5V, it's not trustworthy; the chemistry changes and next time you charge it or use it, it could pop.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Esel wrote: »

Clck on the Promotional offer drop down tab thats shows NO and bingo :)

http://www.bargainvapour.com/JoyeTech_eVic_Pre-order/p1274299_8322042.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

grindle wrote: »
    Maybe they're being made to jump through that hoop by Joyetech... Although I thought they were blacklisted by Joyetech and that was that.
    ....."

Thanks for mentioning that grindle , now im slightly worried. I bought a €300 graphics card at Christmas and then found out from the manufacturer would not honor any warranty on it because it was stolen, with this in mind I came across this on the Joyetech site.

z8FTgyc.png?1

Now what do I do, this doesn't necessarily mean that the product I pre-ordered is fake (Evic). They may have been selling copies in the past.

The fact that the unit was on offer a quite a discount lends suspicion too.

Now what do I do, this doesn't necessarily mean that the product I pre-ordered is fake (Evic). They may have been selling copies in the past.

Don't worry about it at all. Bargain Vapour sells genuine Joyetech goods, but they're not the officially licensed sellers, just like the rest of the vendors bar Vapourpal (they're the official reseller, much like Totally Wicked/TECC in the UK).
    They get their Joyetech produce from wholesalers that buy in bulk from Joyetech.
    Joyetech's attempt at price fixing (at a high margin) and Bargain Vapour's ability to beat it should worry you no more than walking into Brown Thomas and seeing a jacket for €400 then seeing the exact same jacket on the Internet for €150.

You're covered by EU law as regards the warranty too, if the goods are faulty it's a mandatory two year warranty for electronic goods. Ignore any crap about 3 month warranties or 1 year warranties, if the product isn't fit for purpose they (Bargain Vapour) have to replace it up to the two year mark (unless they've gone into administration or something, then you're screwed).

Edit: forgot to add, they probably got moved from unauthorised to copycat once they started selling mini eGos before Joyetech started making them. They were just labelled unauthorised when I began last year.

Edit: The Sequel: Good read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I thought the shop in Tuam was the official joyetech seller.

I thought the shop in Tuam was the official joyetech seller.

Just saw that there... But the VapourPal website says... And then I... But the...

Whatever the case, it's a real eVic and he's covered by law, not by a company's potentially fraudulent warranty. Don't really care who the official seller is as long as it can be bought somewhere else for cheaper, which it can.

• Advertisement

I nearly p*ssed myself with excitement when I heard about the one in Tuam, I drove down there quick sharp, 2 words................starter kits!!!!!!

Yeah, I was the same when I heard a stall sold ecig stuff in Cork and all I got was cheap Chinese liquids and an eyeful of 650mAh eGos...
    For some reason I thought a shop would stock more than I do, because I'm not a shop, I'm just a man-child.
    I don't have the ability to stock many things, yet against my OH's best efforts, I stock more than that stall.
    Stop stocking boring starter kits, shops! And somebody, for the love of Christ, get the Nimbus and sell it to me for cost, because that's way more than I want to spend on an iGo with a couple of extra holes stuck in..
    Someone use their vendor power to get Youde to produce a Nimbus clone... The Cumulous. See? I've done half the work for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Thanks for mentioning that grindle , now im slightly worried. I bought a €300 graphics card at Christmas and then found out from the manufacturer would not honor any warranty on it because it was stolen, with this in mind I came across this on the Joyetech site.

z8FTgyc.png?1

There's no such thing as a fake Evic - not yet anyway.
    He was put on the Joyetech naughty list for selling too cheap.

The Evic's he sells are legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Anyone heard of this crowd ?

http://www.pen-cig.eu/

Seem to have a bricks and mortar in Limerick - anyone been in there ?

Whats with the new TBS site? Doesnt work on my phone.

Anybody know if vaping a 1.3ish ohm coil on an ego c is dodgy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's skirting the boundary of dodgy very very close, wouldn't do it myself.

Even at 3.3v?

http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

3.3v on a 1.3ohm coil is 2.53xxxxxxxx amps the ego's are limited to 2.5 amps so you're basically pushing it as hard as it can go and honestly it was never intended to go that far at all.

http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

3.3v on a 1.3ohm coil is 2.53xxxxxxxx amps the ego's are limited to 2.5 amps so you're basically pushing it as hard as it can go and honestly it was never intended to go that far at all.
    BALLS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I'd say it depends on the juice. I generally need higher watts with Swedish fish to get a good kick, but cigarillos seems to sit nicer at a lower wattage.

I still think 1.3 ohm is dodgy though.

BALLS

you could get an ego twist... the wattage on that coil at that voltage is just under 8 watts so you could run a 2ohm coil at 4v or a 2.6 ohm coil at 4.6v, or anything that comes to 8 watts that doesn't require you going over 4.6v

Yeah, I had it going at 4.2v(3.2amps) for the last hour:-S

check that with a multimeter if you can, the twist regulates down rather than not firing
    so you can set it to 4.2v but it probably isn't firing at that

you could get an ego twist... the wattage on that coil at that voltage is just under 8 watts so you could run a 2ohm coil at 4v or a 2.6 ohm coil at 4.6v, or anything that comes to 8 watts that doesn't require you going over 4.6v

Was trying to get a decent th so 4 wraps of ribbon I figured would do it, guess not on an ego c

you could try using a bit more wick

check that with a multimeter if you can, the twist regulates down rather than not firing
    so you can set it to 4.2v but it probably isn't firing at that

Its showing 1.3 on a lavatube and 1.4 on the vamo, have a multimeter in the shed but its too cold out there :-) ill keep it on a vv for now! Does more wick between the coils increase the ohms?

Does more wick between the coils increase the ohms?

Not exactly. The closer the coils are and the warmer they are for longer, the lower resistance gets (barely).
    Conversely, the closer they are, the more heat generated in one spot, the more a coil will gunk, the higher the resistance will get over time (barely, gradually, and it increases over time).

There are so many variables including wicks as heat-sinks, wire diameters (also acting as heat-sinks) and consistency of vape-time that nobody should think about these things unless they like over-thinking about these things.

I think the most important balance to strike is wick-coverage-to-airhole placement-to-response time of a coil.

My single-coil NR setup in the Killer almost matches my dual in the RDA just because of such a mish-mash of factors.
    Monday=dual-coil Killer day, just to see how that is. If it's better than the RDA, fetch some paper towels please, because this place is gonna be a mess.

well 5 wraps around 2mm wick will not be as many ohms as 5 wraps around 4mm of wick, that's what I meant by more wick. the difference might not be huge though, more surface area to go around just means using mmore wire.. so more resistance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Was wondering had anyone any experience with the SLB eGo-V V2 Mega battery?Or maybe heard anything about it?

SLB-EGO-V2-2.jpg

Its a USB Passthrough with adjustable 3.0-6.0v

Kinda like the idea of the Passthrough as it would be handy while being on the laptop/PC.

Advertisement