Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

mrplop wrote: »
    How big is it?

It looks like the stuff they use for hanging picture frames, doubt there would be any capillary action with this stuff.

AFAIK, 1.5mm to 12mm
    Here I've found 2mm 7X19 strands, €1.40/metre from Here

If the strands are lose enough it potentially would be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Got an email off throathit and ready to make payment via paypal for a Throathit, but not sure which of the 2 options to use is it for.
    1: I'm paying for goods or services.
    2: I'm sending money to family or friends.

Only paid for stuff via paypal sending money option once before and not sure if one of the options incurs a charge on the recipient.
    Thanks anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Option 1: The seller pays the charge
    Option 2: You pay the charge (don't know if they do too). You won't have any buyer protection with this option either

sept09baby wrote: »
    Option 1: The seller pays the charge
    Option 2: You pay the charge (don't know if they do too). You won't have any buyer protection with this option either
    Thanks sept09baby, it's option 1 then ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

option 2 you bold man :)

by having the seller pay the charge you're basically giving them less money than you agreed upon for the item

• Advertisement

option 2 you bold man :)

by having the seller pay the charge you're basically giving them less money than you agreed upon for the item
    But what about the unprotected sex bit of "won't have any protection with this option

you dont have it sending as a gift either way afaik, whoever pays the charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

If your paying for goods then it's option 1 always.option 2 is only for sending money that's not related to a transaction.

Bloody L rightly confused now, would not have been in these situ if someone had a TH for sale recently ;)

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Refunds-and-cancellations/I-ve-sent-money-as-a-gift-how-am-I-protected/td-p/155488?profile.language=en-gb

well you can trust throathit, you wont be scammed there :)

in general if buying something just do a "purchase of goods" or whatever. i think UKV even has rules that payment as gift isn't allowed

• Advertisement

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Refunds-and-cancellations/I-ve-sent-money-as-a-gift-how-am-I-protected/td-p/155488?profile.language=en-gb

well you can trust throathit, you wont be scammed there :)

in general if buying something just do a "purchase of goods" or whatever. i think UKV even has rules that payment as gift isn't allowed
    Cheers Dig's ;)

let us know how you get on with the throathit when you get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

if someone is selling something and paypal is the payment method then your paying for goods (option1). the seller should be accounting for fees and any postage costs in the price they accept.

if you use option 2 your telling paypal that no goods are involved and this is just money between mates. no protection at all (if the post man looses it for example) and you pay the fee.

let us know how you get on with the throathit when you get it :)
    Will do but sure I'll love it, loved the vv gripper until my 4000 mah nipples made **** of it (TH's poor relation) and if I don't can always use it to defend myself against the wife :)

BTW is the charger the same as any mobile phone charger cable, I have loads of them around and be nice to have a spare.

no, i dont think so. didnt look like any phone charger i've seen before anyway

you could ask him to include a spare in the order, doubt it would cost much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Anyone see that Cyborg mod from Fluid?

Modular tube mod like the eVic with the DNA20 and a replaceable dripwell/connector top cap. It can be used without the control head as a mech mod.

Looks really good.

Liking the concept for the pop out button in mech mode and the 'quickset' telescope tube...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Lucutus wrote: »
    Anyone see that Cyborg mod from Fluid?

Modular tube mod like the eVic with the DNA20 and a replaceable dripwell/connector top cap. It can be used without the control head as a mech mod.

Looks really good.

Liking the concept for the pop out button in mech mode and the 'quickset' telescope tube...

just watched it on taste your juice, looks awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Put my first oxidised ss wick into the rsst last night :-D. But after a few draws the base (where the coil etc. is) was covered in juice. I mean like tons of juice. I thought I must be sucking the juice up the wick because its like a straw and the draw is pretty tight. So I took off the air chamber and burnt it for a while. I could see the juice form around the wick and spread around the base.
    Is it possible I made the wick too wickable? The wick is tightish in the hole with a tiny hole in the middle like a straw. Im using 325 mesh with 70pg/30vg. The coil is 2.2ohms, 4 wraps of .2 kanthal.
    Should I make the wick tighter so there is no hole in the middle? Should I make the coil lower so the juice burns faster?
    Tried it with the filler plug in and out but same thing happens. I also got some 400 mesh so I could try that but 325 was recommended to me.
    Any thoughts anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I've read about overwicking alright......yet to experience it with mesh though....

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Your wick is obviously doing a great job pulling the juice up, the coil just isn't heating it fast enough. Is it a high PG juice? *learns to read..

Wrap a 1.5 ohm coil and see how you get on.

I'll be testing the rsst later today myself with some #500 mesh and 50/50 juice, will be looking to wrap a 1.2-1.4 ohm coil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Right, so I've been using Nicolite since November.
    Yesterday my E-Cig died for the 6th time, are they crap or do i just have bad luck?

Just a quick question on Grants Vanilla Custard for those in the know.
    I ordered a 30ml bottle Monday evening and was hoping to get it most likely Monday at the earliest to see what all the hype was about, and how it compares to ESI’s GV. (Usually 4 working days from the UK) but just got an email from him saying order being processed, is he usually this slow (4 days to acknowledge an order) his site was down Tuesday saying “site under maintenance” but have seen it mentioned before that he does that when he gets snowed under and can't keep up with orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

GVC can be a bit slow. He's just one guy with a very popular product.
    If u want it, u must wait for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    Just a quick question on Grants Vanilla Custard for those in the know.
    I ordered a 30ml bottle Monday evening and was hoping to get it most likely Monday at the earliest to see what all the hype was about, and how it compares to ESI’s GV. (Usually 4 working days from the UK) but just got an email from him saying order being processed, is he usually this slow (4 days to acknowledge an order) his site was down Tuesday saying “site under maintenance” but have seen it mentioned before that he does that when he gets snowed under and can't keep up with orders.

Every time I've gone to his website to order some it's been "closed" and will be "back soon". Driving me crazy as I really want to give GVC a go!

E. Fudd wrote: »
    Every time I've gone to his website to order some it's been "closed" and will be "back soon". Driving me crazy as I really want to give GVC a go!
    I'll let you know Fuddy what it tastes like when I get it next week, or the week after that, or the week after that :eek:. Maybe his regulars buy it in half litres so they dont run out waiting for the website to come online again :D

GVC can be a bit slow. He's just one guy with a very popular product.
    If u want it, u must wait for it!
    Cheers, curiosity more than dying for it, haapy enough with Wingnuts VC but can't help myself from trying new things out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    I'll let you know Fuddy what it tastes like when I get it next week, or the week after that, or the week after that :eek:. Maybe his regulars buy it in half litres so they dont run out waiting for the website to come online again :D

Yeah, I think I do have an empty 5ml bottle knocking around, I'll pop it in the post to you with enough stamps to cover the return postage.
    Your so good to offer me a sample, really appreciate it dude!

(I may have read your post wrong though!!)

Yeah, I think I do have an empty 5ml bottle knocking around, I'll pop it in the post to you with enough stamps to cover the return postage.

:D:D
    I take it you have tried wingnuts Vanilla Custard, if it not as nice as Wingnuts then you will have saved yourself the trouble of getting it, will let you know ;)

Sorry Fuddy didn't read your post properly either :) I will let you know when I get the GVC delivered ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

I've been using the Innokin iClear 30 for 3 days now and its pretty much the same old story regarding clearomizers.

I find myself constantly having to chase the right voltage to get to the sweet spot.I'll be vaping at 4.2v and in under a minute I'll have to
    increase it to 4.4 or 4.6,I'll then have to decrease it due to either a dry or burnt hit.Same story when using it in wattage mode.
    Even with 16 wicks this clearo has wicking issues:confused:.You will find yourself using it like you would a Vivi Nova.Vape it as you normally do,constant dry/burnt hits,
    vape it by holding your PV horizontally and its fine,in fact its really good.

Thats the problem with the iClear 30,it could have been really good.When it works it produces very good flavour and a lot of vapour.But its real issue is its inconsistency,
    I've been using the Kanger Evod on an off and thats so much more consistent(although I find it can make juice too sweet after a day or 2).

I used the iClear 30 on the Innokin SVD and an ego 1100mah using a 50-50 pg/vg mix.This is my experience with this particular device so take it as you will.

I got my Skanger Protank (finally!),so I'll see how that goes over the next few days.

Fcuking clearo's...pffftt

Advertisement