Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What the hell is it with this device?!? It's a 2ohm dual-coil!
    5.6v-5.7v should be a breeze for it, never mind 4.6v! What is it about this thing that makes it burn at such low settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

grindle wrote: »
    What the hell is it with this device?!? It's a 2ohm dual-coil!
    5.6v-5.7v should be a breeze for it, never mind 4.6v! What is it about this thing that makes it burn at such low settings?

I managed to get to 5.0v by slowly increases the volts from 4.0 and then it was like vaping fire!Its a constant battle with this clearo,which as I said before is a shame because it could have been a very good clearomizer(imagine that!):eek:

Well, the coil is right beside the mouth, I suppose that'd limit the range.

Kanger'd want to cop onto the idea of a carto-sized tube-insert bottom coil clearo. It's the only way, and if/when they do it, if it's rebuildable... May well be a sad day for the Killer or the Diver (though I have no idea if the Diver's any good).

And they should let people use their own drip-tips. The proprietary mouth piece is a pain in the hole at this stage.

What the hell was I complaining about again? This must be what homeless drunks feel like, grumbling away to themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Yeah I agree.BCC's seem to be improving all the time whereas top coiled are just continuously running into the same old problems.Saying that,I don't think a clearo that looks good and gives an enjoyable,consistent vape is too far away.

You should watch Scotts review of the maxi,the ending (the very end) is very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RW8TEJ2pw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Yeah I agree.BCC's seem to be improving all the time whereas top coiled are just continuously running into the same old problems.Saying that,I don't think a clearo that looks good and gives an enjoyable,consistent vape is too far away.

You should watch Scotts review of the maxi,the ending (the very end) is very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RW8TEJ2pw

effin cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

* Please report a post rather than posting the results of detective work here *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

damon5 wrote: »
    * Please report a post rather than posting the results of detective work here *

and not even a thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

So somehow I managed to break my newly purchased evic, the top came off and the wires have separated. After some googling it looks like it's just a matter of soldering the wires back on, does anyone know of someone on here who's handy with a soldering iron? I'd be more than happy to cover postage and someone's time if they were comfortable doing it.

Bit of a long shot but I don't fancy spending 20 quid on a soldering iron, solder, wire etc. and then making a mess of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

If you get stuck you can send it on to me and I will re solder it if thats all it needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I've a solder iron here, I sold him the evic. I'll fix it if it needs it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Vaperus wrote: »
    If you get stuck you can send it on to me and I will re solder it if thats all it needs
    jamie72 wrote: »
    I've a solder iron here, I sold him the evic. I'll fix it if it needs it :D

I had already been pm'ed by Jamie who generously offered his help but thanks for the offer Vaperus.

Turns out it was originally owned by the madhouse so his supergluing skills obviously weren't up to much:D (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056903395&page=2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Roll a sliver of mesh around the inside of the chamber where the hole is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

or stick some selotape over the hole and stab it with a pin until you get a hole you're satisfied with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Was wondering would a blob of solder stick to the inside of the air chamber, then i could drill it again, with a smaller bit this time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Was wondering would a blob of solder stick to the inside of the air chamber, then i could drill it again, with a smaller bit this time!!!
    not likely; ss does not like solder.
    stick some clear tape part covering the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Is it just my phone or does the BV site not work properly for the last week or so? Looking for an SS DT for the spheroid and they usually have a good selection of drip tips.

The mobile layout has a hard-to-see menu button - maybe that's it?

Direct link.

I can click on the menu button and it flicks to the normal layout for a fraction of a second but disappears again. Must be a glitch.

No biggie. I'll use the PC tomorrow anyway.

Edit: I can use your direct link anyway - thanks! I have an SS tip already but it's too tight....

Mollycoddling the Spheroid? You'll have silk gloves for handling it next.

• Advertisement

Heh heh....yeah, I'm pretty careful with it alright. Expensive yoke! Worth it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im selling an ss gemini drip tip from vaporium for 6 euro, if you want it :)

Looks nice on the site alright but looks a bit flanged for my baby. It would overshoot the top of the cone at the flange Id say?

2 things
    (1) it sits flush with an a7 if that's any help
    (2) i'd never tried it on the a7 before, don't want to sell it now. :D

Ha ha.....good atty the A7. Have you oided it yet?

nope :) im too used to dripping, i keep meaning to try the oid out but it'll probably be a while before I get around to it

i was using it on a twist last night and it really improved it for me only at 3.5V, getting some ribbon kanthal to try bringing the resistance of my coils down a smidge for use on regular ego batteries or else im just going to get some 650mah twists

hoping the ribbon works out, 650mah non twist egos are just tiny

Yeah, they are tiny. I was rooting around some old stuff a while back and was gobsmacked at the size of them. Really tiny. Amazing really.

yeah, and they last an age too if you're not chain vaping

sitting at home I'd burn through one in 5-6 hours with a low res coil but if I'm over at a friends or out in town, I wouldn't be vaping nearly as much so one 650 would last me the night

igo-l should be arriving with the mornings post. looking forward to trying that. the igo-s impressed me once I got a working coil in there, can only think the igo-l would be better/easier

Seemingly the L is better than the S. It'll probably be leak central though. The A7 is great that way.

• Advertisement

yeah, there's a few juices where I want a bit of a "cleaner" flavour for want of a better word and I got that from the igo-s. the a7 seems great for simpler flavours or tobaccos so I'll be mixing and matching when I get the L. a7 all the way for vaping on the go though

Advertisement