Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

Esmokeirelands customer service is second to none, he even went out of his way to make sure I had a few cartos after I had broke mine when I was new to it and on a bank Holliday weekend. What more can you ask for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

thebestshop and e-smokeireland. I've had fantastic customer service from both of these as well as them both being very cheap.
    and in the case of TBS having next day curior post for ~€3 is awesome for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Thinking of getting this for my spheroid. I was thinking of the Bulli Elite but I just think that mech mods aren't really for me due to the voltage drop thing. I think most of the vv mods are too big.....this seems like a nice compromise?? Same width as the spheroid I think.

http://charliesvapeshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=76&product_id=67

What mAh are 14500 batteries? I see varying mAh numbers on google for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

The efast 14500 are 700mah, the AW ones are usually a bit less. You might be able to get another brand with a higher mah but I never heard of one.

Ah, rubbish then.....no advantage over a Twist then really except that I could have a few batteries charged up.

There's really very little in the non 186XX battery range. Surely everybody doesnt want big fat yokes, nice as they look they are just too big for trouser pockets.....mine anyway!

• Advertisement

Just checked, ESI have the AW 14500, its 750mah, still pretty crap and it costs 11euro compared to 4.50 for the efast at TBS.

Yeah - it's crap........

What Im doing is making a coil about 1.4-1.5ohm on the a7 and using it at 3.3v on an ego c. It gives about 7.5 watts. Its pretty close to the 2.5amp limit of the ego but so far I havent had any problems. Once the battery has depleted a bit I sometimes bump it up to unregulated mode(4.2v down to 3.6v).
    This is over the amp limit but so far its worked.
    The 1000mah ego c is the same size as the 650 twist so with the a7 its pretty stealthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Could u recommend some other vendors, or do u only buy from one?
    redkid wrote: »
    Esmokeirelands customer service is second to none, he even went out of his way to make sure I had a few cartos after I had broke mine when I was new to it and on a bank Holliday weekend. What more can you ask for.
    Drachnien wrote: »
    thebestshop and e-smokeireland. I've had fantastic customer service from both of these as well as them both being very cheap.
    and in the case of TBS having next day curior post for ~€3 is awesome for me.

Sorry this is the only vendor I use (at the mo)
    Have used others including a couple named above,,just happy with www.electronic-cigarette.ie and as for customer service,I've had no problems or complaints,so dont know how they fair on that side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Thinking of getting this for my spheroid. I was thinking of the Bulli Elite but I just think that mech mods aren't really for me due to the voltage drop thing. I think most of the vv mods are too big.....this seems like a nice compromise?? Same width as the spheroid I think.

http://charliesvapeshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=76&product_id=67

What mAh are 14500 batteries? I see varying mAh numbers on google for them.
    I saw that on a website, but like you was put off by the 700 mAh batteries, won't last pissing time :(

• Advertisement

I cant understand how somebody hasn't come up with a decent sized VV mod. The evics, vamo's, lavatuve mini and all of those things look great but they're not what I'm looking for. I cant see why there aren't more 16mm battery sized mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's the downside to us relying on torch trends I guess, most people want their torches to be regular torch-sized.
    It'll be the one upside to tobacco compnies entering the fray if they start developing larger batteries. British Tobacco could spend one week's profits on developing batteries and that's more than the US is spending on their "battery Manhattan Project" over the next five years (€127million vs €92million).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Has anybody tried one of these: http://charliesvapeshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=77 (dream rebuildable atomiser)

Seems like a good price, postage is a bit expensive though.

I know that they are pretty highly regarded over on UKV but apart from that I dont know. Have a search on there - seems to be popular.

grindle wrote: »
    It's the downside to us relying on torch trends I guess, most people want their torches to be regular torch-sized.
    It'll be the one upside to tobacco compnies entering the fray if they start developing larger batteries. British Tobacco could spend one week's profits on developing batteries and that's more than the US is spending on their "battery Manhattan Project" over the next five years (€127million vs €92million).

So, in terms of say the Bulli Elite:

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=13&lang=eng

Uses 14500 batteries which he says have 900mAh - is that real or is it more like 700mAh in reality or what? I know damn all about these batteries.

I like the size of it and the look of it.
    I pretty much vape at 3.7v - 4.0v.
    Would it be "most" of the time in that range or "some" of the time.
    Its bloody expensive so would I be better off just sticking with the Twists?

Green I presume you have checked out the ego slb at TBS. If your using a 1000mah twist the slb is only 8mm longer and 17mm in width, its a long fecker but its got a ton of features and its 1200mah.
    The more I think about it.....that one at charlies aint too bad size wise if you were willing to carry around a couple of spare batteries.

I hsome 1000 Twists but I think they are like Tommy Coopers wand so I use 650 Twists most of the time.

Actually, I suppose the Robust might be okay if I'm carrying a few spare battries around alright...........

What the heck.................I've ordered the full kit, device, 2 x batteries, 2 clearos which I can give to somebody on here cos I wont use 'em, and a charger. Including shipping about 55 euro. Worth a punt I guess. I suppose TBS or somebody will have them up on site tomorrow or something now......

As Tommy Cooper would say..."just like that" ;-)
    He used to be a neighbour of mine when I was working in London yonks ago!!
    Its actually a good price, not sure if there is different robusts, but I saw one for sale in a b+m shop here and they were asking 100euro!!! It was the square one.

Sheet..........hope its cylindrical....

I loved Tommy Cooper - still do. Made the mistake of watching his final performance though on you-tube........very sad and bad taste, shouldn't have put that up. I shouldn't have watched it either though to be fair.

• Advertisement

He was a nice guy, I was only 16 but he had plenty of time for me. Hope he wasnt one of those bbc guys!!! Bad taste, Im going straight to hell!!!
    Your one is round, Im sure the site would say if it wasnt and the pic is of a round one.

So, in terms of say the Bulli Elite:

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=13&lang=eng

Uses 14500 batteries which he says have 900mAh - is that real or is it more like 700mAh in reality or what? I know damn all about these batteries.

I like the size of it and the look of it.
    I pretty much vape at 3.7v - 4.0v.
    Would it be "most" of the time in that range or "some" of the time.
    Its bloody expensive so would I be better off just sticking with the Twists?

Well, you've bought it now so it's too late but... Here's a page with 14500 info. Avert your eyes from the Trustfire results...
    None that've been tested have reached 900mAh, that might be a figure pulled from a 1A draw.
    On the upside, eFest make cheap & good IMRs in that size.
    2-3 should be good for the day and if you get a Nitecore i4 charger in future it'll take the pain out of charging that many batteries.

Batteries last -10% of their time at 4.2v down to about 3.8v, -70% from 3.7v-3.3v then ~20% from 3.2v to 3v. Figures will vary depending on battery and what current is being pulled.
    Bookmark dampfakkus.de and pore over those tests.

Also, not sure what kind of contacts are used in the Bulli devices but you may/probably have to coil at lower resistances to hit the sweet spot from 3.8v down. Maybe.

I always thought it was bad to use a battery under around 3.4v?

I didn't buy the Bulli after. Just dont think I'd get on with the dropping voltage thing.

Bought the L Rider Robust:

With 2x14500 batteries and a Trustfire charger.

Dont know what brand the batteries are though because they come with the kit.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I always thought it was bad to use a battery under around 3.4v?

Well, you'll get the most charges out of a battery if you keep it around 3.7v but 2.5v is the possibility-of-damaging-the-battery mark.

3.3-3.4v is where the vape would really be dragging down so you might as well charge anyway.

Anybody know where I can get .25 kanthal, think its 28awg or something.

grindle wrote: »
    Well, you've bought it now so it's too late but... Here's a page with 14500 info. Avert your eyes from the Trustfire results...
    None that've been tested have reached 900mAh, that might be a figure pulled from a 1A draw.
    On the upside, eFest make cheap & good IMRs in that size.
    2-3 should be good for the day and if you get a Nitecore i4 charger in future it'll take the pain out of charging that many batteries.

Batteries last -10% of their time at 4.2v down to about 3.8v, -70% from 3.7v-3.3v then ~20% from 3.2v to 3v. Figures will vary depending on battery and what current is being pulled.
    Bookmark dampfakkus.de and pore over those tests.

Also, not sure what kind of contacts are used in the Bulli devices but you may/probably have to coil at lower resistances to hit the sweet spot from 3.8v down. Maybe.

Jeepers - some disgracefully off quoted figures in there. How do they get away with that???!!!!

I checked some of the Irish sites and ESI have AW 14500 that are 750 mAh. They would do me fine at 2 batteries or less per day.

The Robust will be handy in that it'll give me remaining battery life and ohms if nothing else. Sick of not knowing how much is remaining in the Twists.

Surprised none of the local vendors don't have it.........unless there's a reason.......reason being that they are dirt.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can get .25 kanthal, think its 28awg or something.

www.ezsmoke.ie/kanthal-wire-meters-p-336.html

new product

glicster wrote: »

Nice one glicster, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Has anyone tried this website? thevapingshed.co.uk, specifically the juices on offer.
    I was reading this and thinking what the hell
    you can add a bit off caffeine to give you that morning kick, or how about Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract, Ginseng , Green Tea Extract, Milk Thistle, Papaya Leaf Extract, Vitamin B12 , Vitamin C, Added Sour Pucker

Caffeine I can understand, (didnt realise it would transfer through the vapour) but Milk Thistle..etc? I wonder does it add a taste too.

Advertisement