Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

When the protank v2 comes I might get one of those myself. I think you can use your own drip tip and take the glass and all apart too. The V1 is decent for a clearo but waaaay too airy for me. I believe the v2 is not airy.

Speaking of dt's I got a ceramic one today just to try. They are excellent I must say. Nice feel to them and doesn't heat up like metal. Probably break easy though I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

iggy wrote: »
    Anyone order grants vanilla custard from last week?
    How long does delivery usually take.
    Still haven't received it although it said it was shipped on the 11th July.
    Hope it's not gone missing.

I'm in the same boat. Shipped the same date and no sign of it as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Ionised wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Shipped the same date and no sign of it as yet.

looks like the postman has figured out how good that stuff is...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Karl_c

WARNING:

There is a recall on evod batteries that seems quite serious.

Karl_c wrote: »
    WARNING:

There is a recall on evod batteries that seems quite serious.

See this link to official word from Kanger. Seems it affects only batteries sold through one vendor in March/April.

http://szkanger.com/newshow.asp?nid=15

Also thread on Boards here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85590373

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I'm getting a burnt taste from my evod and ego-c twist even after replacing the coil and lowering the voltage, anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Using moms and pops tobacco haze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What's going on here? Juice in the bottle is light yellow but after an overnight stay in the tank with maybe half of it vaped its turned a really dark amber brown.

I put a new coil in there before I filled it yesterday so its not that. The flavour is wingnuts gummy bear.
    (sorry about the blurry pic)

I see the Vapour Store are closing. Got my first ever kit from them. A 510 auto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

My protank dose the same, (that is a protank yes?) no idea why but it's annoying. Doesn't seem to affect flavor or vapor so I doubt it anything other than some caramilised stuff mixing in with the juice, possibly because of the short wick system.
    Don't think it any harm, I know the juice in boge cartos turns the same but you don't see it as their not transparent.

Yeah it's a protank mini. I'm gonna try removing one of the un-coiled wicks from the next head I put in it to see if that makes a difference, it might be getting too clogged up in there.

• Advertisement

iggy wrote: »
    Anyone order grants vanilla custard from last week?
    How long does delivery usually take.
    Still haven't received it although it said it was shipped on the 11th July.
    Hope it's not gone missing.

Update. Note from postie to say attempted delivery. Dammit. Won't be able to check until Monday now!

I see the Vapour Store are closing. Got my first ever kit from them. A 510 auto.

Sorry to see them go. Wish them all the best in whatever they go on to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

When the protank v2 comes I might get one of those myself. I think you can use your own drip tip and take the glass and all apart too. The V1 is decent for a clearo but waaaay too airy for me. I believe the v2 is not airy.

Hey Green Hornet, yea that's all correct. Someone somewhere here or on FB said they didn't like the protank because it was too airy. They had the idea of cutting a small piece of ss mesh and wrapping it around the post I think then screwing it back together. They said that really worked and now they're really happy with the protank.

I've heard the other 'fix' is to use an eVod head. I'm getting because the eVod head post is slightly thicker, the same way that wrapping abit of mesh around the protank head post makes it thicker.

I've a Kanger Protank Mini on a Kanger eGo battery and I have to say the best looking eGo style ecig I've ever seen and I'm really happy with it. Yes it's a little airy but I really don't care about that at all. Pure quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi all! :) I'm gonna order a bottle of RY4 tomorrow. There seems to be loads of different brands doing RY4, can someone recommend a brand? Which one is the nicest? Thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi all! :) I'm gonna order a bottle of RY4 tomorrow. There seems to be loads of different brands doing RY4, can someone recommend a brand? Which one is the nicest? Thanks! :)
    Hi Gillian a lot of people seem to like RY4-A from wingnuts, myself included. Maybe also try their RY4-C9? Check the "juice strikes back" thread. Some recent reviews of the RY variants there.

Blast from the past but Irish Vapers Black Label made the nicest RY-4 that I ever vaped. Think it died with the vendor though. Used to leave a lovely aroma around the place too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Finally got the iTaste VV this morning from the deal that was posted a long time back.

Its quite nice compared to the ego t battery and ce4 clearomiser that I was using. Gives a nice hit with a nice flavour. Shame theres no 2nd battery but I'll live seeing as it has a micro USB port you can charge it with your phone charger

Plus you get 5 clearomisers in the box. Only downside seems that the smoke seems to be very warm.

Otherwise 4/5 so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Finally got the iTaste VV this morning from the deal that was posted a long time back.

Its quite nice compared to the ego t battery and ce4 clearomiser that I was using. Gives a nice hit with a nice flavour. Shame theres no 2nd battery but I'll live seeing as it has a micro USB port you can charge it with your phone charger

Plus you get 5 clearomisers in the box. Only downside seems that the smoke seems to be very warm.

Otherwise 4/5 so far
    can i ask when did you order from them ? as i ordered almost a month ago with 10-12d delivery,but got notice that it was shipped only after 2 weeks,checked the tracking and it shows dispatched to IE on 16th.Bit annoying having to wait two weeks to get it just posted :/
    as for device its really nice little thingy for the price you paid,as i got second and third version of it,and third has definitely better draw,as you can adjust omhs on it,where second one only allows voltage.As for the hot draw try to experiment with lower voltage,as i noticed after going 4.2 vol its always starting to heat up eventually,or either get different clearo with ceramic or metal tip.

scamalert wrote: »
    can i ask when did you order from them ? as i ordered almost a month ago with 10-12d delivery,but got notice that it was shipped only after 2 weeks,checked the tracking and it shows dispatched to IE on 16th.Bit annoying having to wait two weeks to get it just posted :/
    as for device its really nice little thingy for the price you paid,as i got second and third version of it,and third has definitely better draw,as you can adjust omhs on it,where second one only allows voltage.As for the hot draw try to experiment with lower voltage,as i noticed after going 4.2 vol its always starting to heat up eventually,or either get different clearo with ceramic or metal tip.

I placed an order on the 7/5/13 on Fast Tech.
    As said got a notification nearly a month later that it was despatched. Two weeks or so later I got it delivered.

Somewhat makes me think they should rename their company to slow tech :pac:
    Cant argue about prices,but at least they should state that delivery might take a month or so.

• Advertisement

Well stuff over from Asia generally takes a month to arrive anyway. So + 2 weeks isn't the worst.

I tried the iClear clearomiser on my ego t battery and it produces a taste nearly as nice. I think 4 wick clearomiser is the nicest part of it.

Just tastes brilliant compared to CE4

if sent when order is placed then it should only take 2 working day weeks tops-3 if it gets stuck in some country customs.
    But this company seems to drag it out,weather its to get enough orders to dispatch or split in bulks to avoid custom seizures.So matter here isnt that post is slow,but whenever they decide to post it.

How long should I steep juice for? I have some wingnuts flavours steeping for a good few days but its not making much of a difference.
    But I got some orange de sangre in this morning and I want to get that right. Also is it OK to steep them all in the same drawer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

EGriff wrote: »
    How long should I steep juice for? I have some wingnuts flavours steeping for a good few days but its not making much of a difference.
    But I got some orange de sangre in this morning and I want to get that right. Also is it OK to steep them all in the same drawer?

10-14 days is about right for most, but without knowing when it was mixed your scuppered. The highbrow stuff comes from the states so should be good to go.

quintron wrote: »
    Hi Gillian a lot of people seem to like RY4-A from wingnuts, myself included. Maybe also try their RY4-C9? Check the "juice strikes back" thread. Some recent reviews of the RY variants there.

Hi Quintron! :) Thanks for the advice. I had a read through the "Juice Strkes Back." Its great to be able to read through people opinions on different e-juices. The 1 to 10 scoring system on vapor, flavour, throat hit and over-all is really helpful.

I wish I'd got more advice on e-juices before I'd jumped in and ordered a load on-line the first two weeks that I was vaping. I had spent a few weeks on-line reading up on different e-cigs before I ordered my eGo, but I never thought of researching the juices. I just bought what I thought sounded nice.

On my first e-juice orders I bought 20 & 30 ml bottles. (DOH!) I didn't realize that most sites sold sample boxes with 5ml bottles. So, I wasted a lot of cash in the first two weeks. I'm three weeks off the smokes now, but I've only found two e-liquids that I like. I'm a fussy b1tch when it comes to things that I like, I do my own head in most the time.

So, I'm glad to have found the "Juice Strikes back." Its good to be able to read up on a juice before I order it coz some of the descriptions on the sites are very vague.......

Thanx for your help! :)

10-14 days is about right for most, but without knowing when it was mixed your scuppered. The highbrow stuff comes from the states so should be good to go.

There's very little flavour off it at the moment anyway. Definitely not enough for people to rave about it the way they do. A small hint or orange on the exhale is all I'm getting.

Is it best to leave the cap off while steeping or just leave it sit in the dark with the cap on. There's a lot of differing opinions out there on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

EGriff wrote: »
    There's very little flavour off it at the moment anyway. Definitely not enough for people to rave about it the way they do. A small hint or orange on the exhale is all I'm getting.

Is it best to leave the cap off while steeping or just leave it sit in the dark with the cap on. There's a lot of differing opinions out there on this.

Cap off if you're in a hurry, what setup are u using; it can make a big difference.

edit: microwave it for 15 secs no more it will get very hot! with the cap off and leave to cool

I'm using a protank mini on an evod battery but I just stuck the protank on a twist so I could up the voltage and no difference really. More vapor but the flavor is still lacking.

I'll leave it with the cap off for a few days and give it a shake once a day to see if that makes a difference.

263741.jpg

I'm not sure if this photo will show up on my post? Its a photo of a bloke vaping vodka! What do yous reckon? Is it possible? :confused:

• Advertisement

Gillian72 wrote: »
    263741.jpg

I'm not sure if this photo will show up on my post? Its a photo of a bloke vaping vodka! What do yous reckon? Is it possible? :confused:

Not just posible but it was an actual attempt at a franchise.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2004/09/vaporize_me.html

Advertisement