Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi Quintron! :) Thanks for the advice. I had a read through the "Juice Strkes Back." Its great to be able to read through people opinions on different e-juices. The 1 to 10 scoring system on vapor, flavour, throat hit and over-all is really helpful.

Happy to help Gillian. :) Remember with the reviews though that taste etc., is very subjective.
    One man's Pchela's is another mans poison. :D
    Hopefully we can build up a solid picture over time from multiple people.
    A great site just recently up is: http://allthejuices.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

So my kanger twist starter kit arrived but no instructions. Can I just clarify, am I meant to click five times to turn it on? Do I then hold the button each time I take a "pull"? Do I then click five times again to turn it off? Totally new to this and would be grateful for any help:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

yes thats pretty much it,
    have to add the liquid as well

You only really need to turn it off when its in your pocket or something, its just to prevent it activating accidentally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

cordni wrote: »
    So my kanger twist starter kit arrived but no instructions. Can I just clarify, am I meant to click five times to turn it on? Do I then hold the button each time I take a "pull"? Do I then click five times again to turn it off? Totally new to this and would be grateful for any help:confused:

you don't need to turn it off except if putting it in your pocket or something.

edit: blah!

• Advertisement

Vaperus wrote: »
    yes thats pretty much it,
    have to add the liquid as well

Thanks. How do I know it is definitely off? Sorry I know these are stupid questions. So far it's great, far superior to the e-lite I was using

when you press the button it wont do anything and theres no such thing as stupid questions

Vaperus wrote: »
    when you press the button it wont do anything

Great.... Now I really feel stupid. Wow this is great though!

when I first started It took me at least 10 minutes thinking these things are Sh1t before I realised you had to turn it on

Fantastic invention. Can't wait to try all the juices. Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Kanger Evod Starter Kit Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwp9CkIDtg8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Did the kanger batteries get the all clear? Is it just the yellow ones from that vendor that are dodge? Im still using mine btw.

it was a certain batch through the one distributer

Kanger Evod Starter Kit Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwp9CkIDtg8

Great review thanks. It's all clear now. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

quintron wrote: »
    Happy to help Gillian. :) Remember with the reviews though that taste etc., is very subjective.
    One man's Pchela's is another mans poison. :D
    Hopefully we can build up a solid picture over time from multiple people.
    A great site just recently up is: http://allthejuices.com/
    very true flavor vise everyone is different,as for me i tried already over dozen juices,nothing fancy,only kind that i came across is halo torque 56,that's only juice that doesn't get boring after vaping week or two,its good to have variety to choose from,but all them fruity,sweet juices just dont stick with me :cool:,as for drying sample packs of different juices i see its a bit waste of cash towards using clearos,as once you try one juice and decide to add another one into it taste mixes up,sometimes for better results sometimes for down the sink :pac: But guess that's what makes vaping unique,as every person finds its own taste and eventually sticks to it.So far found that best juices come out from the states,dunno if they put more effort to create quality tastes,as based on price even best quality juices cost around 5e per 10mg quantity vise.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

You see this tank - why would it need two different tubes? Are they making these things more complicated then they need to be? I'd imagine re-filing the tank would be very fiddly.

Although, I have to say these do "look" deadly! :)

http://www.smokincrow.com/Green_Sound_VCORE_2_0_CE9_Clearomizer_Tank_p/gs-vcore-2.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Gillian72 wrote: »
    You see this tank - why would it need two different tubes? Are they making these things more complicated then they need to be? I'd imagine re-filing the tank would be very fiddly.

I'd say they had a notion that they were copying the Clockworks RTA but they ruined it by having it take clearo coil heads as opposed to using posts with screws or similar - defeats the purpose of having a larger chamber (flavour).
    As with all top-coil atties you're more likely to get a dry hit but this one's easily rebuildable so if you got cotton in there that'd be less of an issue.
    There are probably cheaper/better local options.

Filling would be a bit fiddly, you'd need a bottle with a needle-spout-thinger-bobber.

'Tis indeed, thought they got rid of it - their site is terrible on iOS.

This'd be a better option Gillian, but you'd have to start rebuilding. On the upside, it's easier to rebuild and the flavours'll be better because it uses the top chamber for a reason, on the downside I think someone here (Chrome?) was complaining about it recently. And it's not coloured-y.
    But someone else on FB is always using it and doesn't seem to've had [m]any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Probably better to buy a Clockworks RTA in the long run alright but its a big jump......

I just have something in my head about Smok actually, I just don't like anything they do. Kinda lightweight or something....even their cartos are not good. Maybe it's all in my head...

Maybe it's all in my head...

Definitely not, they seem to cheap out wherever they can. But... Cheap stuff!

"Buy cheap, buy twice" is true, but it's always so cheeeeap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Yep, they look very similar alright. I can see how people could get carried away buying e-cig related stuff.

So far I haven't gone too crazy. I bought what I needed in the first 2 weeks. I haven't bought anything at all in the last week and a half. (I'm only off the cigarettes 3 and a half weeks) The only thing I've wasted money on so far is e-liquids that I didn't like, but I guess that is part of the course!

I was a smoker for 26 years and I eventually quit when I lost my job recently. I had to find a way to cut back on my spending, so quitting cigarettes made most sense! Thank god for vaping, I would have never been able to quid cigarettes without vaping coz I'm so stresses been out of work. But now about 95% of the time I find that I am preferring vaping to cigarettes. Its just the odd time when I get REALLY stressed that I crave cigarettes, but I reckon thats just out of habit. Once I start vaping I feel fine! :)

Cigarettes are SOoooo expensive! I'm saving the best part of a tenner a day! Just knowing that makes me less stressed! :)

Although the minute I find another job I bet I'll be buying different Mods and tanks and god know what else! But it will STILL be cheaper and much MUCH healthier the cigarettes! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Who, me, complain? Nah, must have been someone else :-)
    I found the r tank the easiest thing ever to rebuild (except for getting the wick down the holes into the tank). The problem I had was it just wouldnt wick properly for me. Kept getting dry hits, even after leaving it sit for a while. Materials used in it are pretty crap tbh.
    I find smoktech stuff very hit and miss, the natural and rsst are pretty decent imo but alot of other smoktech are a big let down. Prices are cheap though, ya get what ya pay for I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Quick question - are the replacement coils interchangeable between the Vision V3, V3+ and new VT clearomizers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

anybody any experience with the eGo VV Passthrough
    i sit at a laptop most of the day so im thinking of getting one.

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/passthrough-p-363.html

Hi there, so I am really happy with my kanger twist evod. Have been using wingnuts after 10 juice and I love it. I have a question regarding the clearo, am I correct in saying this doesn't need to be replaced but the atty does. What kind of atty do I need. How long does one last? Thanks again for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Hi there, so I am really happy with my kanger twist evod. Have been using wingnuts after 10 juice and I love it. I have a question regarding the clearo, am I correct in saying this doesn't need to be replaced but the atty does. What kind of atty do I need. How long does one last? Thanks again for your help

These are the coils you need to put in it http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/evod-coils.htm. They seem to be out of stock there but you can get them on plenty other Irish sites.

They just screw out of the bottom and you can replace one in a few seconds. They'll last maybe 5 days depending on how much you vape. You'll know its gone bad when the juice starts to taste burnt all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yep it's the heads that you replace. As to how long they last, more a case of miles than years, I get about 20 ml through an atomiser, I'm mean enough to put up with the drop in flavor for the last few mls.
    Replacment heads are available in two resisances, as your using a twist with voltage regulation the 2.5 is about right, just turn up the volts for a hotter vape or down if you prefer a cooler vape.
    This is the bit you change;http://www.vaporium.eu/prestashop/product.php?id_product=157
    You can see it being changed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnA1D84sek
    Sorry it in Spanish all I could find on a quick google.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/evod-coils.htm

How long it'll last depends on the juice & the heat you vape at.

3 days? A week? More if the juice is especially un-gunky.

Thanks everyone for your replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Trying to order the Kanger Twist starter kit from ESI, but the site won't let me proceed to check out...grrrr.

Advertisement