Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Must be sold out. Email or FB them and they'll get back to tell you when they're re-stocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Thanks Grindle. I face booked the page earlier, hopefully they'll get back in touch soon. I'm looking forward to giving this a try.
    grindle wrote: »
    Must be sold out. Email or FB them and they'll get back to tell you when they're re-stocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

I had a prob ordering the smaller battery size for the same kit and emailed them. There obviously was just a prob with their site as they emailed next day to say I should be able to order now. Quick shipping btw

Response within an hour or so on FB, and awaiting a phone call at their convenience for some advice on liquids.

Thumbs up!

Response within an hour or so on FB, and awaiting a phone call at their convenience for some advice on liquids.

Thumbs up!

Ohh share the advice please. I am trying to get more adventurous

• Advertisement

Will do. I told the chap to leave it until Monday if he liked, given that we're heading into the weekend, so it might be a day or two.

Great thanks. I need to try a few more

I'm sitting here with my kanger evod and my elite - only have the elite beside me cause its menthol and I couldn't get menthol at order with the kanger. Oh my god what a difference. Can't believe I have spent about 200 euro plus over the last few months on e-lite !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Edit: Nevermind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Thinking about making an order from fasttech tonight, has anyone had any problems with them or customs? How long roughly should delivery take and should I keep orders under say 30 euros to avoid being hit by duty?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Never used them but I think delivery can take 3-4 weeks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Thinking about making an order from fasttech tonight, has anyone had any problems with them or customs? How long roughly should delivery take and should I keep orders under say 30 euros to avoid being hit by duty?

Hi Chrome - I haven't ordered from there but from reading here I heard that around 4 weeks is average because they re-route your order to various secret locations around the Chinese mainland to thwart :D customs - really, that's what I read. Not the secret part though!
    Also I think they mark your goods as being under €45 (I think) and as a 'personal' gift or something. Hope that helps!
    Others can give you more info on the whole process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

10 working days is all i've ever waited. no duty. select registered delivery [free] at checkout. it goes through hong kong and singapore and gets delivered by an post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Mr. Chrome wrote: »

Ordered an itaste vw on 24th of June, shipped a week later, received it alittle over 2 weeks after that. Value was $40. Got to me no probs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Not related to fasttech but funny as hell :)

http://lolspictures.com/why-do-not-buy-things-from-china-d-2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

I will see if I can find a link
    But I heard Innokin have put out a statement that they are not thier products but Copies and Kanger are meant to be doing the same
    http://www.innokin.com/news/company/2013/0606/395.html

seems to be different therories floating around

Will do. I told the chap to leave it until Monday if he liked, given that we're heading into the weekend, so it might be a day or two.

Now, spoke to Sabrina from ESI today-she was very helpful in fairness. The reason that I couldn't initially order on the site was because they had limited stock. She was able to fix me up with the Kanger, and 1000mAh batteries, which are apparently much improved in terms of usability. They prefer Paypal, which, even if you don't have an account, is not a major hurdle-you can set one up in minutes.

We spoke about juices, (bear in mind, this will all be old hat to some of you guys), and she recommended Wingnuts products for a newbie, with Mom & Pop coming a close second, the caveat being that all this stuff is subjective, what might work for her, or for anyone reading might not work for me. Having said all that, as a current cigar smoker, she recommended El Toro cigarillos naturales/ puros naturales, pricey*, but goes a long way, and an excellent substitute for tobacco, starting off.

(*pricey is relative, supposedly €25 will run for a month or more-weigh that off against what one would spend on a 20 box of leaves/10 Hamlet over that time period!)

The wife is/was on menthols (now on cheap e-cigs, so Sabrina threw in a bottle of Extreme Menthol, as a good starter for someone who is weaning themselves off the menthol smokes.

Overall, very helpful and great service. I look forward to seeing how I get on! Oh, don't forget the discount for boardsies too (insert Boards in the relevant field when ordering)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Thanks for the replies. Think I'll take a punt with them, Im only looking for some cheap backup batteries for backups :-) .....and maybe some other stuff if I lose the run of myself, which I probable will ;-)

One of the main reasons they seem cheaper is there is no Tax, which technically you should be paying when you import something into Ireland, along with the Import Duty.
    You take 23% off any of the Vendor prices and you probably wont be too far off the price, presuming the Vendor is VAT registered.
    Customs will eventually catch up with this as they are not daft

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Vaperus wrote: »
    I will see if I can find a link
    But I heard Innokin have put out a statement that they are not thier products but Copies and Kanger are meant to be doing the same
    http://www.innokin.com/news/company/2013/0606/395.html

seems to be different therories floating around

I believe that Innokin are annoyed because Fasttech are selling below RRP, by all accounts the SVD's they are selling are the genuine article.

They do sell generic Protanks but they're listed as such.

• Advertisement

yeah there is that as well only they know for sure
    There are are lot of copies and clones about

Copies can be the problem as they can look identical but are thrown together cheaply (or even cheaper than the original) its funny the Chinese copying other Chinese stuff

Clones can actually end up being better than the original, A company would take the original idea and try and fix any issues

Had a couple of friends round last night one had been waiting 4 weeks for his order and the other three weeks
    Both had had a letter from customs asking them to pay VAT and import duty on the packages they were holding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It would want to be a lot cheaper, and to be relatively expensive in the first place, before I'd use them I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

It would want to be a lot cheaper, and to be relatively expensive in the first place, before I'd use them I think.

When I got my innokin iTaste it was about 20-30 euro cheaper than what vaperus wants. Plus I keep getting faulty stuff off them all the time, its either just bad luck for the 2nd time or something wrong with their stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Have to agree fasttech isn't fast :cool: took over 5 weeks to get an order of vv 3.0,plus got hit with vat and post taxes,as package was clearly marked as e-cigarette.
    As device goes,it seems legit product no indications of any changes from original.
    but price wise one can put together one for same price or less if you put it together yourself as Vaperus.ie have all the parts needed in stock,as i did one kit for myself from them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I would rather pay that bit extra than wait weeks more. I got a Vamo V3 from them and apart from the fact it's already falling apart, it took over 3 weeks to get here. Feck that. I'd pay the extra €15-20to have it within a week from more reliable sellers. Thankfully I somehow escaped any additional charges.

scamalert wrote: »
    Have to agree fasttech isn't fast :cool: took over 5 weeks to get an order of vv 3.0,plus got hit with vat and post taxes,as package was clearly marked as e-cigarette.

ok, interesting... i hadn't heard from any of the other forums they'd started doing this. how much were you charged on the 30 or 40 dollars, and how was it broken down?

It's nothing to do with the fact it said e-cig on the package. I got hit in the past when ordering camera gear from HK. Once you go over €22 you can be hit for 22% on top by Irish customs, plus a further charge for the postie to then take it to you after customs are done.

oh i know it was nothing to do with it being an electronic cigarette, i suppose my question was a two parter really. just interested to know what scamalert was charged and how revenue classified it.

On the €60 flash I purchased from HK a few years back, I ended up paying about 90. And had to wait about 3 weeks. I got an email from customs [how they got it I don't know, I guess they traced all the info?] asking me to prove how much I originally paid for the flash, I kid you not. And also, to inform me that I had to notify them on whether I wanted to accept and pay the charges or not, to have the flash passed on. I had to link them to the site I bought from which proved the original cost, so they could calculate charges - and when the postie finally delivered I had to give him €13 at the door to hand over :/

Good thing: the flash is still going strong :) and even with charges cost over 1/3rd of a first party make here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

It's nothing to do with the fact it said e-cig on the package. I got hit in the past when ordering camera gear from HK. Once you go over €22 you can be hit for 22% on top by Irish customs, plus a further charge for the postie to then take it to you after customs are done.
    package was 31e and some cents :) vat was 22% so came to 7 euro smth plus 6e post delivery charge so 13.25

Advertisement