Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

cheers for that scamalert. no import duty then. so does anyone know what the EU classify battery tubes as for import duty? vaperus - did your friends have it written on the charge letter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

artyeva wrote: »
    cheers for that scamalert. no import duty then. so does anyone know what the EU classify battery tubes as for import duty? vaperus - did your friends have it written on the charge letter?
    with the letter i got theres revenue.ie website if im not mistaking,where you can check vat charges on items and quantity-classification and other stuff.hope it helps.
    As most are aware e-cig is basically a battery,unless package contains nic liquid in it,so i think either way they count it as import tax as electrical device,no matter of nature,but if ordering say from asia i think they put an import charge on everything.as for batteries or any other item if cost is below 22e its not taxable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

They seem to send orders out once a week, so if you keep your orders under 22 euros a week I cant see how you could be charged duty.
    I ordered 62euros worth, will see how that goes :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

VAT and import duty are two different things though - you were charged VAT, vaperus is talking about import duty. i'm aware of the classification database but have you looked at it? there's literally thousillions of different descriptions. great reading if you have trouble sleeping :) like i went looking last night for a bit and found a document from 2010 suggesting that for e-cig cartridges containing nicotine they [us - the EU] continue to lump them in the same catagory as trans dermal patches. sure that's changed by now though, or is it? if vaperus is saying his mates got stung with import duty i'm just interested to see what exact catagory they have battery tubes with a circuit board in. or like if it wasn't a VV/VW and just a battery tube? or it was a load of clearos or something, what did they classifiy them as? i find that crap interesting anyway, seeing as this is the first lot of fasttech packages i've heard being stopped by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Guys! :) I was a month off cigarettes yesterday!!! YAY! :)

I've still a lot to learn, but I'm getting there. I had my first experience with the dreaded leaking a few days ago. Everything started leaking with in a space of three days. I was losing faith, but I stuck with it.

Since I starting vaping I've bought 6 Kanger MT3 tanks (or are they called clearomizers? I'm still not sure!) I like the Kanger MT3 coz they haven't let me down yet, none have leaked on me. But I still intended to try some of the other popular tanks and clearomizers. I hope to eventually find a tank that lets more flavour through.

Anyway, the only thing that I don't like about the Kanger MT3 is that I was told that the head can't be replaced, once its dead the whole thing is dead.....
    Kanger MT3: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/mt3.htm

But then I came across this:
    http://www.vaporkings.com/Kanger-MT3-replacement-atomizer-p/mt3-clearo-atomizer.htm

According to this there is a head that fits both the Kanger T3 & MT3! :) Does anyone know of an Irish vendor who sells this head? If not then a UK vendor? I can't seem to find one. I'm guessing it would take ages for something to arrive from the USA and the postage price might be high. So if anyone has come across them will you let me know? Thank-you!

Also, a question about the eGo Twist. Does higher voltage make the flavour of the e-liquid stronger and better? I'm dying to buy a fancy Mod, but I reckon its best to start off with a eGo twist. Is that best?

Oh, one more question! What exactly is a "Dripping Atomizer?" Is it something you can use instead of a tank? Do you fill it up with e-liquid a few drops at a time? It sounds like it would be really good for testing new flavours.

Sorry for all the questions. These are questions that I couldn't really find an answer for on-line.

Thank~you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Way to Go Gillian
    You CAN change the coil head on an MT3 you can get the MT3 T3 head most places
    A few Irish vendors sell the base to convert an MT3 or T3 into the S

A dripper you just add a few drips at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Drippers are the best vape you can get really. The only problem with that is that you can never really go back to carto's or clearo's afterwards because they don't satisfy in the same way.

There are some good drippers out there though that do hold quite a volume of liquid. Clockworks RDA or the A7 for instance but you need to rebuild them yourself.

The 306 dripper atty is a good cheap option to try out dripping too but it only holds a small volume, or even the 510 atty...

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

The bridgeless 306 is good but only 2/3 drops at a time, it's very good for tasting juices.

You can buy a drip shield though for the 306 and its a bit more forgiving in terms of the number if drips.

You can buy a drip shield though for the 306 and its a bit more forgiving in terms of the number if drips.

Have you used? It seams it would be messy

• Advertisement

I need to order some silica soon, does anyone find the ekowool better than standard silica?

Yeah I used a cheap one and it was messy....

But....it wasn't a cheapo one. For the purposes of just using it to taste juices it works very well.

To be honest though, if I ever recommend drippers I'd recommend the Clockworks RDA (volume and easeoc rebuild) or the Bulli A2 Classic dripper (flavour). The A7 is a good cheap dripper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

redkid wrote: »
    Have you used? It seams it would be messy

The 306 bridgeless work very well and is one of the cleanest tastes available, they work very well with a drip shield, 510 ext and 306 drip tip the extension is not necessary with ego batteries. they are dripping atomizers so are really only for those willing to trade the extra effort over the many tank systems for that great flavour.
    cheap enough to try that its no big deal if your not into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Thanks everyone for all the info! :) I'll have another look through the Irish vendors to see if I can find someone selling heads for the Kanger MT3. Maybe I missed it when I was searching.

The dripping thingy sounds really good! Thankfully I found a few e-liquids that I like now (Thanks to a very kind poster on here! :) ) So I'm delighted to be able to change flavours through-out the day! I really like the Wingnuts "RY-C9." I love the way I can really taste its flavour. I often find that the stronger tasting e-liquids are the sickly sweet ones, they can be totally overpowering. But I find "RY-C9" to be a nice strong flavour with out being sickly or sweet. It gets a big thumbs up from me! I also really like the "El Toro Virginia Prime!" Its has a lovely flavour and its really smooth to vap. I can tell that V.P. is a really good quality e-liquid just by vaping it.

Another flavour that I like is the Wingnuts Select "Vanilla Custard!" It seems to be a big hit with most people. Ummm.... I REALLY like it, but I wish the flavour was a bit stronger. The flavour is just a bit too faint, also after vaping it for a while I can hardly taste it. Its a pity coz I'm mad about the flavour! :D So I'm hoping a drippy thingy will make the flavour stronger. I'm also hoping that an eGo Twist will help to bring out the flavour too. Yum~eee....!!!

Is there much of a differences in taste/flavour between the Wingnuts "Select" and the Wingnuts "Premium" Vanilla Custard? Which one do people think is nicest? I'm really curious about this coz I haven't tried the "Premium" Vanilla Custard yet.

I'm sure that I saw an American e-cig site offering an extra shot of flavour in their e-liquids. There was an extra charge for the extra shot, but I reckon it would be worth it! It didn't cost much from what I remember. Do any of the Irish vendors offer an extra shot of flavour?

P.S. Has anyone seen "Cloud9vaping's" Facebook page to-night? They left a comment and link saying they are gonna start selling "Grants Vanilla Custard!" I haven't tried Grants yet coz its always sold out. Grant seems to be a bit of a legend in the vaping world!

Is Grants Vanilla Custard much different to the Wingnut one? Is it as nice as everyone says? I'm dying to try it! Although I'm gonna try Paul's Crème brûlée a try next. I've heard great things about it!

(Sorry about all the questions to-night! :confused: )

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all the info! :) I'll have another look through the Irish vendors to see if I can find someone selling heads for the Kanger MT3. Maybe I missed it when I was searching.

The dripping thingy sounds really good! Thankfully I found a few e-liquids that I like now (Thanks to a very kind poster on here! :) ) So I'm delighted to be able to change flavours through-out the day! I really like the Wingnuts "RY-C9." I love the way I can really taste its flavour. I often find that the stronger tasting e-liquids are the sickly sweet ones, they can be totally overpowering. But I find "RY-C9" to be a nice strong flavour with out being sickly or sweet. It gets a big thumbs up from me! I also really like the "El Toro Virginia Prime!" Its has a lovely flavour and its really smooth to vap. I can tell that V.P. is a really good quality e-liquid just by vaping it.

Another flavour that I like is the Wingnuts Select "Vanilla Custard!" It seems to be a big hit with most people. Ummm.... I REALLY like it, but I wish the flavour was a bit stronger. The flavour is just a bit too faint, also after vaping it for a while I can hardly taste it. Its a pity coz I'm mad about the flavour! :D So I'm hoping a drippy thingy will make the flavour stronger. I'm also hoping that an eGo Twist will help to bring out the flavour too. Yum~eee....!!!

Is there much of a differences in taste/flavour between the Wingnuts "Select" and the Wingnuts "Premium" Vanilla Custard? Which one do people think is nicest? I'm really curious about this coz I haven't tried the "Premium" Vanilla Custard yet.

I'm sure that I saw an American e-cig site offering an extra shot of flavour in their e-liquids. There was an extra charge for the extra shot, but I reckon it would be worth it! It didn't cost much from what I remember. Do any of the Irish vendors offer an extra shot of flavour?

P.S. Has anyone seen "Cloud9vaping's" Facebook page to-night? They left a comment and link saying they are gonna start selling "Grants Vanilla Custard!" I haven't tried Grants yet coz its always sold out. Grant seems to be a bit of a legend in the vaping world!

Is Grants Vanilla Custard much different to the Wingnut one? Is it as nice as everyone says? I'm dying to try it! Although I'm gonna try Paul's Crème brûlée a try next. I've heard great things about it!

Grants Vanilla Custard, Paul's Crème brûlée and wingnuts Vanilla Custard Supreme are all fantastic vapes all slightly different, I not sure I could pick a favorite from them.

The 306 bridgeless work very well and is one of the cleanest tastes available, they work very well with a drip shield, 510 ext and 306 drip tip the extension is not necessary with ego batteries. they are dripping atomizers so are really only for those willing to trade the extra effort over the many tank systems for that great flavour.
    cheap enough to try that its no big deal if your not into it.

Yea I know, I use a bridgeless 306 wit a standard 306 drip tip. Grand for at home in the evenings not much use if on the go

Tried some of Paul's vanilla custard this evening from the juice box and have to say very surprised really good.

redkid wrote: »
    Yea I know, I use a bridgeless 306 wit a standard 306 drip tip. Grand for at home in the evenings not much use if on the go

I agree dripping is for home and the 306 for testing, but there are die hards out there that use nothing else.

I would still recommend the for 5-6 euro they cost every vaper should try them at least once :)

I agree dripping is for home and the 306 for testing, but there are die hards out there that use nothing else.

I would still recommend the for 5-6 euro they cost every vaper should try them at least once :)

Definitely agree, they are a tiny little thing but pack a mighty punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I use a phoenix dripper, rebuildable every day all day.
    Got a protank for the days I'm driving long distances and its rubbish in comparison but needs must. I actually prefer the vision with a dual coil head.

Dripping isnt a big deal, just drop 5 or 6 drops, vape and repeat when you need another vape. Not that different from when I rolled smokes.
    PITA if your driving though and you can be a little self conscious in public but I'm old and hairy enough to have all that self consciousness well behind me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

http://www.vaperus.ie/coil-wicks/125-t3-coil.html

The MT3 is a T3, but with a metal... shield? Shroud? Whatever, same thing.
    Wingnuts Select "Vanilla Custard!" It seems to be a big hit with most people. Ummm.... I REALLY like it, but I wish the flavour was a bit stronger. The flavour is just a bit too faint, also after vaping it for a while I can hardly taste it. Its a pity coz I'm mad about the flavour
    If you've only just bought it or it hasn't been aged yet... put. it. down.
    It needs to "steep". One of the more important juices to steep.
    I've seen Mt.Baker Vapor and Highbrow Vapors do it (would love to get some of HV's stuff with a double shot, then I can dilute it to normal taste levels and bump up the nic....hmmmmm).
    It'll depend on the flavour but you can ask ESI if they'll do it. It'll depend on what concentrates they're using for the juices, e.g. if a juice is made of 30% flavouring then it'll be next to impossible to have 60% flavouring while keeping the nic levels high and the PG/VG ratio intact.
    Grants Vanilla Custard, Paul's Crème brûlée and wingnuts Vanilla Custard Supreme are all fantastic vapes all slightly different, I not sure I could pick a favorite from them.
    What a diplomat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I use a T3s and I find that to get enough flavour you need to change the head fairly regularly. I use 900m fixed voltage batteries and the 1.8ohm heads work best for me.

I bought a load of CE4s from fastech, they were about 5usd for a pack of six and they give a lovely flavour, but I don't find them very practical. I like to just take a full T3 and a battery with me to work and nothing else.

I knew you'd like the ry-c9, I think we have similar tastes, if I'm right, get hold of some of Paul's Creme Brulee, it's yum.

Is there much difference between a vision spinner and an EGo twist, or are they pretty much the same thing?

Pretty much the same but the vision spinner 1300 is about the same length as a 650 twist, bit longer but not much. It's a bit wider than the twist.

There's a 7 sec cut off on the spinner though.....

Actually, if I were you I think I'd get this:

http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/331-itaste-vv-v30.html

vv and vw with passthru as well in an 800 mAh battery. I don't have one myself but the mvp from the same maker is very good.

Actually, if I were you I think I'd get this:

http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/331-itaste-vv-v30.html

vv and vw with passthru as well in an 800 mAh battery. I don't have one myself but the mvp from the same maker is very good.

I think I might do that, thanks.

Is there a member here living in the philippines?

Is there a member here living in the philippines?

Peculiar question

There is a guy on the facebook vaping Ireland group selling stuff from there and I'm sure I remember someone here is living there telling us about all the shops and gear overthere. Thought he might give us the skinny on it.

• Advertisement

Was. Deevy
    Or was. Deevey :-)

Advertisement