Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Got my evic this morning and threw the 18350 Anyvapes tube on it straight away. The 18650 mode would be large alright......

The Anyvapes tube is not as smooth threaded as the actual evic one though and I have to use it upside down to avoid binding the threads.

It's much smaller and lighter than I'd expected it to be. Really like it actually. Much smaller and lighter than the mvp. Power mode is great.

I can't find where to download the software in the website but I'll look again later. Just can't find the actual file link to click....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Cheers - that's as far as I can get though. Might try it at home cos it might be blocked by work or something....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Anyone know any vendors that have sample packs other than ezsmoke.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/sample.htm

ESI do samples of their wingnuts range, some nice ones in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

roast wrote: »
    Anyone know any vendors that have sample packs other than ezsmoke.ie?

and Paul's Vape Juice.. Limeade, Strawberry Kick and a very good smelling Vanilla Custard CLone, he's on the IrishVaping FB Group... am I allowed to say this? http://www.facebook.com/groups/irishvaping/

I got a sample last week the Strawberry is very nice and different to everyother Strawb Ive tried, the Vanilla one smells like I want to drink it its that good.
    EGriff wrote: »

<--- The ESI Sample is always out of stock for me,..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Has anyone ordered from "Health-e-vap.co.uk?" Was it a quick delivery time?

Has anyone seen their e-liquids? Yummy!!! They ALL sound gorgeous! It would be so hard to pick only a few!

I wonder if they are as nice as they sound? :confused:

http://www.health-e-vape.co.uk/pure-perfection-e-liquid-108-c.asp

Actually, if I were you I think I'd get this:

http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/331-itaste-vv-v30.html

vv and vw with passthru as well in an 800 mAh battery. I don't have one myself but the mvp from the same maker is very good.

This yoke sounds really good! And its a great price! Whats the catch? Its got Variable Voltage & Variable Wattage, so I'm guessing this would be a good first mini-Mod?

How are the bigger Mods better? I know they look better, but does this one do the same job as a fancy Mod?

I'm still not really sure what mAh means when it comes to batteries? But I think the higher the number mAh the longer the battery life is between charges. Does this itaste VV V3.0 come with a better battery? Or is that the catch?

I was hoping to buy an eGo Twist soon, but this looks like it might be better? There is soooooo much to chose from! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The base and head for the T3s will fit an MT3 making it a MT3s, correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Gillian72 wrote: »
    This yoke sounds really good! And its a great price! Whats the catch? Its got Variable Voltage & Variable Wattage, so I'm guessing this would be a good first mini-Mod?

How are the bigger Mods better? I know they look better, but does this one do the same job as a fancy Mod?

I'm still not really sure what mAh means when it comes to batteries? But I think the higher the number mAh the longer the battery life is between charges. Does this itaste VV V3.0 come with a better battery? Or is that the catch?

I was hoping to buy an eGo Twist soon, but this looks like it might be better? There is soooooo much to chose from! :confused:

If you can wait, I'm getting one come the end of themonth. I've spent all my vaping allowance for August :-( I'll post some feedback.

• Advertisement

Gillian72 wrote: »

Dunno if there is a catch to be honest. I have the MVP from the same manufacturer and its excellent at what it does. It's only VV but the battery lasts for a few days and can be used as a passthru as well. Very well built and robust. As a result, I'd expect the v3 one to perform well too.

The V3 has VW as well as VV.

It also has an 800mAh battery which should last 7 or 8 hours depending on use, resistance etc... But it also has passthru so you can charge and vape at the same time!

I'd buy one ahead of a Twist to be honest. The VW option and passthru alone would swing it for me anyway. If it has VW it probably gives you an ohm reading too I'd imagine.

Thanks Fratton Fred! :) I won't be buying anything fancy till the end of the month myself, so I'll wait to see how you get on with it first. You can be the guinea pig! ;)

Thanks for the info Green Hornet! :) I think I'll deffo get the itaste V3 instead of the Twist! :) You were saying that you got an Evic to-day, whats it like? Are you happy with it?

The Evic seems like really good value seen as they come with batteries included for €80. (I think it says it comes with batteries included?) Is an Evic one of those re-bulidable thingies? Or can you just stick a tank on top? I don't think I'm ready for any re-building malarkey yet, but then again I don't want to buy other batteries/ego's/mini mods if I'm gonna end up buying something like an Evic anyway. The Evic seem like one of the most affordable Mods. Its a nice looking yoke too! How are you getting on with it to-night? Do you have any other Mods? How does the Evic compare with them? (Sorry for all the questions)

I've used Twists for about a year and a half and they are a massive improvement on the standard ego batteries. They are very good.

Bought an MVP for battery life and it is an excellent little mod as well.

I've a 1300 Spinner which is good too but it has a short cut off time and that doesn't suit me. Think its only about 7 secs per puff.

The eVic is great. Very happy with it in 18350 mode. I'm not big into big mods and its pretty stealthy in 18350 mode. I like to be able to charge using USB so mechanical mods don't really suit me as such. Also, I like VW and VV and you don't get that with mech's, unless you buy a Kick module and I couldn't be bothered with that fiddling.

For most batteries, the atomiser used doesn't matter. Most are 510 connection so cartos, RBA's etc fit them.

There are a few experts here with mods and they have much more info than me though. I just want something that's neat, has vv and decent battery life......

How come this Evic is showing up as €70.52 "Promotion Price" and €90.52 "Without Promotion price?" (link below)

Why would anyone click the "without Promotion price?" Or do you need a special code or something to buy it at the promotion price?

It doesn't seem to explain the promotion on the site? Although when I press the "€90.52 without promotion" button it says "Warning: Last items in stock!" I would have thought that the "€70.52 Promotion Price" would have sold out much quicker then the more expensive price? I'm kind'a confused... :confused:

http://www.vaperus.ie/advanced-vaping-kits/116-joyetech-evic.html#/promotion-without_promotion

I won't be buying anything till the end of the month, so I'm guessing any sort of promotion will be over by then....

EDIT....... I've read a lot about the Vamo (I think its the V3 one?) Its seems to be a good Mod at a good price. Do any of the Irish sites sell the Vamo V3? I've been searching, but I can't find it on an Irish site. Does anyone on here have a Vamo? Are they good? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I had an Evic but found it very lightweight and huge!
    I eventually invested in a Provari ( I have a standard and mini) and then a Roller and I love them.
    The roller is great for on the go. I use it in 18350 mode with a Vivi Nova (until i can afford a Kayfun).
    http://www.atmizoo.com/shop/?lang=en Ordered it on a wed and had it on fri morning.

I had a Vamo but I didnt really like it. It did the job but just not enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

EGriff wrote: »

platinums wrote: »
    and Paul's Vape Juice.. Limeade, Strawberry Kick and a very good smelling Vanilla Custard CLone, he's on the IrishVaping FB Group... am I allowed to say this? http://www.facebook.com/groups/irishvaping/

I got a sample last week the Strawberry is very nice and different to everyother Strawb Ive tried, the Vanilla one smells like I want to drink it its that good.

Thanks all, I'll check these out! :)

I had an Evic but found it very lightweight and huge!

In 18650 mode it is big alright. Not bad in 18350 though:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The Vamo V3 is crap. Really. It not only looks a bit like a chromed dildo, but after only a week the LCD screen casing on mine came loose ... it also fails to fire with certain tanks because it has bad connection, where the V2 Vamo works perfectly fine with same tanks.

Avoid I'd say. Wait for a V4 or get an SS V2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

so far considering the price i found the best kit for beginners or those who dont want to go deep into the pockets,the itaste vv 3.0 or second version,thou second version hasn't adjustable omhs,but still performs well.Firstly its one of the devices that has a screen on it adjustable voltage and Omhs puff counter is basically what you need with any e cig.battery isnt the strongest but nokia or samsung charger does the job depending on version (tested),as for built quality there are issues only if you manage to drop it, as mirror screen isn't very strong and tends to pop out if dropped from a height of 1m or so,but goes back into place easily.and it has 510 connection and with version 3 they added grooves at a bottom for better fitment and more choice on tanks to fit.All in id rate it 4 out of 5 in the price range that there is on the market for the same price of other brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

http://www.vaperus.ie/drippers/369-killer-705-clone.html

The skinny on the Rainbow Killer Clone well it's not exactly the same; some good some bad. Build quality and materials are on a par with the killer, nudging slightly ahead with finishing as there is no flashing or sharp edges witch are common on the killer and pro dripper. the finish is brushed not polished so that's a matter of taste neither a plus nor a minus. the treading on the head is slightly shorter for me this is a plus as it exposes more of the ceramic which makes removing simpler.
    The adapter is slightly longer which will let u use it on more tanks; it does mean that its sits maybe 1mm higher up in the tank, not a big deal.
    The bad
    I'm guessing some overly enthusiastic employee fitted an extra grommet in the 510 connector end; it blocks the airflow through the device and makes it unusable.
    Good again
    It's easy to fix I posted the pictures of the fix on the Vaping ireland facebook group

Vape wise, its the same

IMG_0966.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Great post.

I have been toying with getting a 'spare' killer type device and this looks just the job. I like to change flavours and this will save swapping coils etc.

Yeah, that is interesting alright. Wonder would it fit my little petra tank.....or would you need one of those expensive types?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I hate the thought of using NR wire. I wonder would you get away with using .25 or .3 kanthal without NR?

I used 0.2 kanthal when I had the spiral. Didn't bother with the NR and it was fine. Do the killer coils work I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I think Todd said the killer tasted better with NR wire. I think he could taste burning metal when he used it without NR..... I think :-)
    Don't know what size wire he was using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I think I shall have to try a killer build without NR wire as a test...I have some .20 and .23 kanthal here somewhere. It is a faff using the NR wire.
    The prebuilt coils do work very well if slightly too high resistance for my preference.

As for tanks...works fine in a cheap as chips AGR tank and in my slightly more expensive IBtanked glass tank. I have just managed to order the 'Salt and Pepper' tank from VapourArt as they released a batch earlier in the week...not what you would call cheap though! Vape-budget gone for August already ;)

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I think Todd said the killer tasted better with NR wire. I think he could taste burning metal when he used it without NR..... I think :-)
    Don't know what size wire he was using.

I wasn't gone on the spiral either with the supplied wick and coil or my own rebuilt ones. Found that it ran very warm no matter what I did.

The spheroid is a very good atty but I'd like to have a tank system that performs almost as well. Carto tanks or Protanks don't do it for me really. I can get by with them alright but always end up back in the spheroid again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

http://www.vaperus.ie/drippers/369-killer-705-clone.html

Blah blah blah, this is a really comprehensive review and I'll bet Grindle would just be repeating my points if he posted a review anyway.
    I even have a picture!

IMG_0966.JPG

See?!?

All true. Good review, good device

Same pitfall re:dual-coils (the HEAT!!! The practical unbuildability unless you use thin NR wire!!!), but it's as good as the Killer in every respect.

Having said that, would anybody like to pretend neither of these viewpoints were expressed and buy my Killer?

I used 0.2 kanthal when I had the spiral. Didn't bother with the NR and it was fine. Do the killer coils work I wonder?

exact same ceramic and its a premade killer coil I tested it with/am vaping on now

• Advertisement

I wasn't gone on the spiral either with the supplied wick and coil or my own rebuilt ones. Found that it ran very warm no matter what I did.

The spheroid is a very good atty but I'd like to have a tank system that performs almost as well. Carto tanks or Protanks don't do it for me really. I can get by with them alright but always end up back in the spheroid again.

I pretty much run 1.5-1.8ohms ish at 4 volts on most everything including the spheroid but this or the killer are the exception for me; best at 2.0+ ohms and 3.8 volts.
    Produces lovely flavour and vapour not too hot, just the design of it I guess.

Advertisement