Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

For some reason, vaping is giving me a runny nose.could this be the PG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

apparently a very small percentage of the population get mild irritation from pg, it does not cause allergic reactions nor does it cause sensitization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol jump to subsection humans.

it is more likely a reaction to flavouring; try a different juice or maybe you've caught a cold :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

For some reason, vaping is giving me a runny nose.could this be the PG?

Aside from Heli's response it could just be a reaction to airborne pollutants - I've been to my GP about my previosly streaming nose AND eyes, especially whenever I went to lye down, they'd run like a tap - he asked if I had carpet anywhere in my house and yeah, I do. Pets, petrol fumes, household cleaners the list goes on, it's hard to pinpoint.

I take a Piriton the odd night when it sets off, helps me sleepies too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Piriton WILL make you drowsy and can make some people very drowsy. Clarityn is non sedating though. Just FYI.

Piriton WILL make you drowsy and can make some people very drowsy. Clarityn is non sedating though. Just FYI.

I know - to me Clarityn was a transistional 'drug' - it was the gateway to Piriton!

:) Acid House :) Now I'm paranoid :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Hi there. Looking for more advice. I have my kanger twist with evod carto for a few weeks now. It's great but I find it tends to gurgle a bit. Is there a better carto option? Also as I am female it's a bit big and ugly to bring out. Would you recommend the innotin ( I think that's what it's called). Really just looking for something a little more discrete for a night out that is refillable. Appreciate any input. Thanks

Over three months off the cigs now so am delighted. What a bloody great invention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The most discreet set up I have, which is nice and tidy for out and about, is a small ego [650mah] with an iClear 16 attached the clearo is actually longer than the battery when attached] Works great, and even a spare battery in the pocket still keeps it stealthy. I find the iClear 16s much less likely to gurgle [as my evods do too] and they give a much better hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

cordni wrote: »
    Hi there. Looking for more advice. I have my kanger twist with evod carto for a few weeks now. It's great but I find it tends to gurgle a bit. Is there a better carto option? Also as I am female it's a bit big and ugly to bring out. Would you recommend the innotin ( I think that's what it's called). Really just looking for something a little more discrete for a night out that is refillable. Appreciate any input. Thanks

Over three months off the cigs now so am delighted. What a bloody great invention

If its gurgling a little then there is probably a drop of juice caught inside so give it a little flick and it will be grand.

Also a mate got herself the Eroll as she was feeling the same inrelation to the size of the twists and it's great for her

The most discreet set up I have, which is nice and tidy for out and about, is a small ego [650mah] with an iClear 16 attached the clearo is actually longer than the battery when attached] Works great, and even a spare battery in the pocket still keeps it stealthy. I find the iClear 16s much less likely to gurgle [as my evods do too] and they give a much better hit.

Thanks so much for replying. Could I be really rude and ask you to post a link. I would really appreciate it. There's so much out there

redkid wrote: »
    If its gurgling a little then there is probably a drop of juice caught inside so give it a little flick and it will be grand.

Also a mate got herself the Eroll as she was feeling the same inrelation to the size of the twists and it's great for her

I've done the ole flick thing but to be honest for me it's not the solution. Gonna check out the eroll. Will let u know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

cordni wrote: »
    Thanks so much for replying. Could I be really rude and ask you to post a link. I would really appreciate it. There's so much out there

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/egocbatt.htm

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/iclear16.htm

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/iclear16heads.htm

Ah there ya go, beaten to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

IMO the iclears are ugly little fcukers.

Yeah, because it's a beauty contest :D

They work!

I had no luck with evods either. I've had a bunch of them, still do. But what works best gets my vote.

I think they look completely fine too. I have a blue, green and black one. I don't like the clear ones. And you can get matching colour tips on thebestshop for €1 a pop. Right now I have a green one with green tip ... doesn't look 'ugly' to me.

Yeah, because it's a beauty contest :D

They work!

I had no luck with evods either. I've had a bunch of them, still do. But what works best gets my vote.

I think they look completely fine too. I have a blue, green and black one. I don't like the clear ones. And you can get matching colour tips on thebestshop for €1 a pop. Right now I have a green one with green tip ... doesn't look 'ugly' to me.

Here I am again, logged in with my phone, even paused tv to go read about vapes...I'm officially obsessed.

was just about to mention the various colours then read further in your post - I'm looking forward to buying some soon.

Really liking my evic, especially with the firmware update. Power is adjustable from the home screen now and I can see how much power, puffs etc remain and the atty resistance is easily available.

Just noticed though that it shuts down when my 18350 efest 800mAh reaches 30% remaining. Is that normal? Must use the 18650 battery that came with it and see if it happens with that.

redkid wrote: »

Thanks for the great recommendation. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have ordered the kit. Thanks again

Really liking my evic, especially with the firmware update. Power is adjustable from the home screen now and I can see how much power, puffs etc remain and the atty resistance is easily available.
    Just noticed though that it shuts down when my 18350 efest 800mAh reaches 30% remaining. Is that normal? Must use the 18650 battery that came with it and see if it happens with that.

I can't exactly answer but I have two of these batts and I know I was to read up on using them correctly.

The evic has built-in circuit protection (but the batteries don't) so detects the discharge is becoming low then cuts out in time to tell you to go recharge BUT then you must recharge only until it reaches MAX 4.5V.
    A 'Volt Meter' (mentioned below) is meant to be used to check you have the 'safe' voltage
    - so when it's next fully charged, see what reading you get just before you use it and try not to let it be more than 4.5V. I'm sure this volt meter feature is on the Evic?
    Pain in the ass the battery doesn't clap out til dead - maybe someone knows of a batt with this feature?

I don't know why I'm trying to give advice here really, this is all I currently know but with an 18650 batt the same thing will happen too - once the Efest reaches its discharge limit of 30% (or whatever).
    S'pose I gotta learn too, huh?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/efest18350.htm

Efest IMR 18350 3.7V Li-Mn 800 mAh Nipple Top.
    Efest IMR batteries perform very well in some cases even better than the AW battery and can be used in wide variety of variable voltage devices including the Provari.

Safe chemistry LiMN means no risk of venting with flame or explosion. Ideal for use in multiple cell applications.

Please note that due to their inherent safety, IMR cells do not have a protection circuit built in. They should never be discharged below 2.5 volts or cycle life/performance will be reduced. Maximum charge voltage is 4.25 volts.
    Please check your cells with a volt meter during initial charging to be sure
    that your charger cuts off below this level, or cycle life will be reduced.

clear1x1.gifDBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gifclear1x1.gifDBox_Border_Right_Bottom.gifDBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gifclear1x1.gif

Cheers. I was thinking that it must be some kind of built in safety thing but I don't know much about batteries.....

That explains that anyway.

I assume charging using the evic itself means that it will charge to whatever its supposed to charge to?

Jeeper, at least with a vv or VW mod, it makes sure that the batteries are treated properly.....a mech mod could be a different ball game altogether! I would just have used it until it died.....

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Cheers. I was thinking that it must be some kind of built in safety thing but I don't know much about batteries.....

That explains that anyway.

I assume charging using the evic itself means that it will charge to whatever its supposed to charge to?

Jeeper, at least with a vv or VW mod, it makes sure that the batteries are treated properly.....a mech mod could be a different ball game altogether! I would just have used it until it died.....

Have you set the evic to match the battery you're using?

Yep, it was set to 800.

Think I'll stick with the 18650 2600 mAh anyway. The efest 800 seemed to drain pretty quickly at 9 watts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Yep, it was set to 800.

Think I'll stick with the 18650 2600 mAh anyway. The efest 800 seemed to drain pretty quickly at 9 watts.

theres a 3400mah 18650 available for the evic as well

You can charge an Evic with the batteries in it?

Yeah, at least you have that reassurance with a vv/vw mod.
      I'm using mine in a UDT-s (mech) and am probably taking some chance.
      Got to get something to read the voltage.

BTW - the UDT-s is fantastic. Must start uploading pics. It's very photogenic :D

yes it has a usb port on the side but you cant use it when charging it that way
      or you can take them out and charge them

Yep, you can charge it using a USB and it tells you what % is charged on the screen at all times. Very handy.

You can use it as a passthru as well. At least I am anyway....

I'm sorry I didn't get this ages ago....in 18350 mode its smaller than a 650 Twist. I always thought mods looked huge from pictures but they're actually not bad at all in reality, although 18650 mode is kinda big alright.

You can use it as a passthru as well
      your right, you couldnt do that before must have been the last firmware upgrade.
      Ive always charge mine outside because of it :-)

Vaperus wrote: »
      yes it has a usb port on the side but you cant use it when charging it that way or you can take them out and charge them
      Yep, you can charge it using a USB and it tells you what % is charged on the screen at all times. Very handy.
      You can use it as a passthru as well. At least I am anyway....

I'm sorry I didn't get this ages ago....in 18350 mode its smaller than a 650 Twist. I always thought mods looked huge from pictures but they're actually not bad at all in reality, although 18650 mode is kinda big alright.

I wouldn't if I were you...

Smaller than a 650 Twist? DON'T make me want it!

It is.....I love it....

The firmware update makes a huge difference too. The original version was very clunky.....

• Advertisement

It is.....I love it....

The firmware update makes a huge difference too. The original version was very clunky.....

I must get me a pearly white one. Swoon!

BTW: Does the lcd stay on all the time when you're using it or just when you press for the info?

Advertisement