Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I am thinking of getting a simple fixed voltage mod, like the UDT-L or similar.

I see that with the 18650 battery, you can get 1400, 2000 or even 4000 mah versions. Are these all the same, but with longer life?

How does this work, is it simply a case of keeping a spare fully charged 4000mah battery and you have an all day supply of power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

There is no 4000mAh 18650, that's either a Trustfire or Ultrafire branded battery that's telling fibs. Avoid those batteries.

The highest mAh-rated batteries suited for our purpose are the rebranded Panasonic's by eFest, 3400mAh.

AW has them rebranded as well but in a protected form, which will limit the output.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

grindle wrote: »
    There is no 4000mAh 18650, that's either a Trustfire or Ultrafire branded battery that's telling fibs. Avoid those batteries.

The highest mAh-rated batteries suited for our purpose are the rebranded Panasonic's by eFest, 3400mAh.

AW has them rebranded as well but in a protected form, which will limit the output.

A 3400mAh battery is still a beast compared to an eGo though, right? Would it have three times the life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Roughly. Depends on the efficiency of the regulator inside the mod and the voltage it regulates to. Should last two days at least, even with an LR (1.5ohm) atty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

For comparison though, I used to get about 6 hours from a Twist 650mAh at ca. 4.2 volts but I only get about half that using an efest 18350 800 mAh at equivalent watts on an eVic.....albeit that it shuts down at 30% remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

redkid wrote: »
    If its gurgling a little then there is probably a drop of juice caught inside so give it a little flick and it will be grand.

Also a mate got herself the Eroll as she was feeling the same inrelation to the size of the twists and it's great for her

Thanks again for this great recommendation. This is exactly what I was looking for. It's great and nice and small. This is what I should have been using from the beginning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Esel wrote: »
    It is not about the mumble, it's about the lack of white space! :)

See your post below, which tbh I didn't bother reading, as it just hurt my eyes...

Now see this version of the same post, using the space bar after punctuation marks, and the Enter key (twice) to make a few paragraphs:

So, man - you need to use the space bar after every punctuation mark ( , and . etc.) and use the Enter key twice to make a new paragraph. Also, keep your sentences fairly short. Some of them are way too long. Maybe that is because you are hitting the comma key instead of the full stop key sometimes, and that you don't use an upper case letter to start a new sentence.

The way you are doing it now just means that a lot of users will not bother reading your posts.

Anyway, my comments above are meant to be helpful and are not a rant. :)

This is true, they make my eyes bleed.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Guys, :) Has anyone tried the "Mini BCC" Clearomizer? (Or is it called a "Tank?" :confused: ) I got one yesterday and its a great little device!

I've tried a few different clearomizers/tanks. I've tried the Kanger MT3, the E-Vod, the Vivi Nova, the Ce4 V3. They are all great tanks, but lately they've all started leaking. Mainly leaking onto the battery. It could quite possibly be my own fault that they are all leaking, I could be doing something wrong. But either way even though I've tried everything to stop the leaks it still happens..... :(

But the "Mini BCC" seems to be totally leak proof! :D Its really well made. OK, I'm not good with the technical stuff.... but you know the little metal roundy bit at the bottom of the tank? The bit that touches off the battery? Well, you know the way that has a little hole in it? That is where the e~liquid leaks from. Well, the Mini BCC doesn't have that little hole, so it can't leak! And yet it works perfectly! Loads'a vapor and loads'a flavour! A1 Sharron! ;)

Also, you know the metal tube the runs up the middle of the tank? Well, I find on most tanks this metal tube can easily move off center causing the tank to gurgle and then leak into the battery and into my mouth (Yuk! :eek:) Well, the Mini BCC is made in such a way that that metal tube just can't move! It stays exactly where its supposed to stay coz of the way its made. Its such a simple but effect idea!

I only got my Mini BCC yesterday and so far from what I can see its completely leak proof. As well as that its is a really good tank! I got a silver one and it looks class on my iTaste V3.

Has anyone else tried one? If so what do you think? I've only been vaping 8 weeks, but so far this seems to be the best made and most sturdy tank that I've come across. Me likey! :D Here is a link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=503698826382986&set=a.478887838864085.1073741831.478847122201490&type=1&theater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

can someone please sow me the light, dont have much time for googling of late, but how do i get a Evolve Kick into a Sigelei 19b. Al help appreciated.
    I tried the obvious but the sprring is the wrong way round in the mod, and it clearly stats dont put the kick the spring end....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

581508_10201116644891340_1179545566_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Picked up a BCC today in Smokedifferent. Nice piece of kit but the draw isnt strong enough for me. Tried it with some Coffee and Chocolate, and It works grand, But kinda isnt for me. maybe i'm the problem :(

One of the lads i work with is gonna try it for tonight, and let me know what he thinks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I want to try out cartos. Are the LR ones the best to go for if I'll be using them on a standard mini ego or evod battery? I think the batts are regulated to around 3.7V.

I understand Ohm's law and all that but I don't know what the ideal current flowing through the coil is.

Yep. LR for standard eGo batteries. Think they are around 2 Ohm.

Most people prefer LR cartos on ego batteries, but it really is a matter of taste and they're cheap enough that you can try both and see which you prefer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Ego + sr carto= lethargic vape
    Ego + lr carto= decent vape :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I placed an order on Tuesday morning of last week and late Tuesday night I received a shipping confirmation.

On Friday of last week I contacted VapeRus as my order had not arrived.
    I sent two emails, one early morning and one just before 3pm, but got no reply.

I received a reply on Saturday, informing me that the order had been sent and to contact them if it did not arrive on Monday.

When it did not arrive on Monday morning I sent another email as requested.
    I again sent another email on Monday afternoon and neither were responded to.

Eventually I received an email from the owners of VapeRus informing me that they were out of the country and that "instructions had been left to resend my order"

I explained several times from the beginning that I was without a working PV and needed the parts urgently.
    I asked if the order had been sent, or was still due to be sent, but I still have not received a response!

It is now eight days since placing my order with an Irish vendor and I am still awaiting delivery.
    More to the point, every email I send is taking a day or more to be responded to and when it is responded to, it is vague and unsatisfactory at best.

This was my first order with VapeRus and my last!
    Shocking customer service and communication.

In desperation, I placed the same order with TheBestShop.eu yesterday and had it delivered this morning.

Rant over :mad:

Please send my stuff VapeRus.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I always have my stuff delivered next day from guys at vaperus. And when I send them an email with questions they always respond within hours. Weird.

From what I can make out there has been a family emergency and both Mark and Angela have had to return to the UK (for how long I don't know), The shop seems to be still functioning but not up to the level we are used to. I hope they and their loved ones are ok and wish them well.

This is not an official statement from them so I could be way off base, just the best info I have at this minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah, that explains why my order still hasn't arrived yet. Egos and clearos I can vape with while I wait. Not to worry so.

I was really hoping my Triphammer order would arrive today but no such luck. Have to wait till Monday now.

Edit: I just spotted this http://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/Twisted/p1901058_9054440.aspx Tangle Twister flavour, they also do a Jacobs Mikado flavour.

The list of things I want to try is getting longer everyday.

• Advertisement

My VapeRUs order arrived today. Happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

From what I can make out there has been a family emergency and both Mark and Angela have had to return to the UK (for how long I don't know), The shop seems to be still functioning but not up to the level we are used to. I hope they and their loved ones are ok and wish them well.

This is not an official statement from them so I could be way off base, just the best info I have at this minute.

That would explain things. I find VapeRus to be really good to deal with, I get next day delivery from them. I hope they are ok coz they seem like real nice people.

I can understand Neil's frustration, but there seems to be a very rational explanation. Hopefully you'll get your stuff soon Neil.

Best method yet and easy to follow tutorial. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Calibos wrote: »
    My VapeRUs order arrived today. Happy enough with that.

Well I was told this day last week that my order would be resent on Monday.
    However, yesterday I was told this by Angela:

"I need your permission to pass on your details name address to an post"
    "With an post they will deal with missing post claim"

I am being misled and given the run around here, it's been 11 days since placing my order.
    Not impressed at all :mad:

Glad you got your order Calibos

Nah, I wouldn't be happy with that either Neil. They should trust you and send you out second set of gear and sort the missing delivery out with an post themselves.

Its an awkward situation really. They can't just trust people who say they didn't get their order, what's to stop someone lying to get two shipments?

I'm not implying that it's happening in this case at all but I'm sure it does happen. Things also get lost, stolen by posties and accidentally marked as shipped when they weren't.

Well I was told this day last week that my order would be resent on Monday.
    However, yesterday I was told this by Angela:

"I need your permission to pass on your details name address to an post"
    "With an post they will deal with missing post claim"

I am being misled and given the run around here, it's been 11 days since placing my order.
    Not impressed at all :mad:

Glad you got your order Calibos

My order arrived late in paper envelope that was falling apart, one more bump and it would have busted open and then still be in the hands of anpost.

I'm sure it will all be made right when they return, it's not easy dealing with issues on a smart phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

My order arrived late in paper envelope that was falling apart, one more bump and it would have busted open and then still be in the hands of anpost.

I'm sure it will all be made right when they return, it's not easy dealing with issues on a smart phone.

Shhhh don't give out about them. Angela might ring you on your day off giving out about leaving negative feedback on boards threads and the other guy will send you a caps lock email :)

Shhhh don't give out about them. Angela might ring you on your day off giving out about leaving negative feedback on boards threads and the other guy will send you a caps lock email :)

OOOOOHHH Nooooooo what have I done :)

That was me being supportive!

watch out for when I start giving out :)

• Advertisement

To be fair, those envelopes that they use are pretty bad. They should be using Jiffy bags or something.

Advertisement