Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Hello I am new to this forum. I have been off the smokes 5 weeks and was using the patches. I bought an ego yesterday and stopped using the patches. I bought a 30ml 24mg tobacco juice. I'm finding it great.

I think the 24mg is a bit high tho.
    My question is, Do the juices with less nicotine or no nicotine give the same throat hit? I want to cut down on the nicotine but need that nice throat hit! :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

My question is, Do the juices with less nicotine or no nicotine give the same throat hit? I want to cut down on the nicotine but need that nice throat hit!

I tried 0mg juice and it was useless. But I find 11mg stuff is OK, so you can try that (or mix 2 different strengths together to tinker with the amount).

The flavour will be a factor too - some flavours are a bit harsher so will give a better hit.

Thanks for the reply. I just bought a 18 and a 6 to try them out. €6 for 10mls in the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Calibos wrote: »
    Nah, I wouldn't be happy with that either Neil. They should trust you and send you out second set of gear and sort the missing delivery out with an post themselves.

Got the following today from Angela:

"Hi
    Opinion on boards don't bother me
    I don't pass on people name and address to anyone without permission an post have been email about your missing items
    I hope fully back in Ireland Monday and I will personally put new order in post myself
    Sorry if you felt you been delt with unfairly"

Perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel?
    Will post back the outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

An update from Angela @Vaperus

"Hi Guys

It seems over the last week there has been some issues with our level of service.
    As it happens we were away last week as a result of a weekend away with the family followed by a family emergency as some people know my father recently had a stroke and when we arrived in uk we discover his follow up care was not happening which meant us staying in the UK longer than planned to get few things sorted
    This normally wouldn’t have been an issue as we have been away for weeks at a time and nobody noticed, Not sure if that’s Good or Bad

However on this occasion we had a problem with the email system on site in that not only it wasn’t sending out order status emails but also the staff were not receiving customer messages, this gave the impression we were not answering them, the ones that did come through were answered. All orders places were dispatched as normal. We did have a couple of orders go astray unfortunately. Once we have shipped an order we are in the hands of the postal service. Tracking was not chosen for these orders and with the mail system being down we were not immediately aware of any problems. We also had very limited email access in the UK which didn’t help the situation.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank our customers for their understanding and messages.
    We would also like to Thank the staff for doing the best they can with the problems they were having with email issues (drinks on us guys )
    Like I have said us being away has proved not to be a problem in the past, but together with the issues on the site it caused us a few problems. We are looking at how we can improve this if it ever happened again.
    The Email problem is still currently being worked on and you may get order updates on orders you already have

The good news is
    We are Back !

thanks for the messages of concern dad is recovering from his stroke and currently holidaying with us "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I had confirmation this morning that my order had been dispatched.

I received it Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hello I am new to this forum. I have been off the smokes 5 weeks and was using the patches. I bought an ego yesterday and stopped using the patches. I bought a 30ml 24mg tobacco juice. I'm finding it great.

My question is, Do the juices with less nicotine or no nicotine give the same throat hit? I want to cut down on the nicotine but need that nice throat hit! :D

Thanks!
    definitely agree on this nic 24mgs is a bit high even for a hard smoker
    same as you when started vaping wanted that tobacco flavour the best one i found to be halo torque 56 Vaperus and thevapourstore.com does them juices,eventually moved to 12mg of nic in couple weeks time and little difference was seen,thing i noticed when i was back on 18mgs that throat got irritated more from same juice,so its fair to say you can adjust to lower amounts very fast with little to no discomfort.

Now Halo does a range of over 10 tobacco flavor juices alone,some of them are really strong-cigar flavor type others have more sweet but still got throat hit with plenty of flavor.

but once vaping for a while youll find that cigarette taste eventually loses its joy and you start switching to more subtle tastes,before i didn't like any of sweet,fruity flavor but now i do prefer to vape something sweeter like vaperus twilight Juice or some coffee flavors.

once you start to vape theres a lot of hit and misses before you find right tastes and juices to stick on for a while.

Thanks for the tips. Im gonna use up the ones I have and then order a few different flavours and experiment with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Anybody here use e-shop.ie?
    Bought 10 atomisers for the ego-c and they ain't worth opening the packet for.
    Obviously knock offs and better off sucking air.
    A m8 bought an ego-c same story, a knock off and better off sucking air.
    Also sending out wrong liquids and strengths.

Anyway and body know where I can get joytech atomisers for the EGO-C at a good price?
    Thanks.

Anyway and body know where I can get joytech atomisers for the EGO-C at a good price?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Well I'm very happy to say that VapeRus came through in the end.
    I just received my original order plus a couple of bottles of complimentary juice!
    This is after VapeRus refunded me in full yesterday!!

I'm feeling guilty now for the demands for information I placed upon them over the last couple of weeks, I understand that they had multiple issues to deal with.

My nicotine withdrawals and the fact that I was not receiving replies to my queries had me more than a little impatient and as it was the first order I had placed with them, I had no idea of their reputation, or lack of.

So to Angela and Mark, thank you for my order, I hope all is well and I apologise for any further stress that I may have caused you.

Humbly, Neil :o
    Got the following today from Angela:

"Hi
    Opinion on boards don't bother me
    I don't pass on people name and address to anyone without permission an post have been email about your missing items
    I hope fully back in Ireland Monday and I will personally put new order in post myself
    Sorry if you felt you been delt with unfairly"

Perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel?
    Will post back the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Centauri19

XsApollo wrote: »

Thanks.

5 pack for:

€17 (already discounted, not sure if discount code also works...?)
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/JOY089.html

€17
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/Joyetech_ECA_atomizer_heads/p1274299_9869140.aspx

€18.50
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/Joyetech_ECA_atomizer_heads/p1274299_9869140.aspx

€22
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/egocatomizer.htm

Discount codes: http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

They were the only 4 I checked, so you might want to check others.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Has anyone tried this eGo-CC? Is it any good?

http://www.vapourpal.com/ego-cc.html

It looks & sounds very like the Mini BCC. Although you can change the metal tip on the eGo-CC for a plastic one. I like that idea coz I don't like metal tips.

Centauri19 wrote: »

Thanks Bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this eGo-CC? Is it any good?

http://www.vapourpal.com/ego-cc.html

It looks & sounds very like the Mini BCC. Although you can change the metal tip on the eGo-CC for a plastic one. I like that idea coz I don't like metal tips.

It's not like the mini bcc at all Gillian. - it needs those tiny atomizer heads to function whereas the mini bcc is like a self-contained clearomizer - that needs no separate 'add-ons'.

I think I read recently that you said you have the mini bcc? If I'm wrong and you don't: you can use your own drip tip on them. Mine came with a plastic whistle tip, which is grand but can be changed over.
    The brand is iSmoka. There are a couple different makers, maybe the one you have/think of doesn't have removable mouthpiece.
    It's one dinky little device, great for us girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi CSI! :) Yep, I have a Mini BCC and I love it coz its a great clearomizer and its doesn't leak. Its a brilliant little device. But I'm not mad about the metal tip. Yep, the tip comes off mine, but I didn't know that I could change it for a different tip. A plastic tip on my Mini BCC would make it perfect! :)

Thanks for the info, I'm deffo gonna buy a new tip. I got my Mini BCC in the Smokedifferent shop on Mary's Street. I'll see if they sell plastic tips the next time I'm in town. Otherwise I'm sure I'll find them on-line somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi CSI! :) Yep, I have a Mini BCC and I love it coz its a great clearomizer and its doesn't leak. Its a brilliant little device. But I'm not mad about the metal tip. Yep, the tip comes off mine, but I didn't know that I could change it for a different tip. A plastic tip on my Mini BCC would make it perfect! :)

Thanks for the info, I'm deffo gonna buy a new tip. I got my Mini BCC in the Smokedifferent shop on Mary's Street. I'll see if they sell plastic tips the next time I'm in town. Otherwise I'm sure I'll find them on-line somewhere.

Here's a hard plastic tip (which I, myself have (of course!))
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/258-shorty-510-drip-tips.html

And here's a soft plastic/silicone drip tip (which I also have - of course I do!)
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/56-soft-drip-tips-for-510-901.html
    I thought I needed this (the soft one) because I thought I'd need to 'nibble' on it :eek: the way I used to nibble on a cig butt while smoking (double :eek: :eek: I know, haha) but really, you DON'T wind up nibbling at all...what AM I on about?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Hey all,

I just purchased a evic, i was very happy with it for the last few days but its recently started giving me a burnt taste. I am using a protank 2 and ry4. I've no idea what all the functions on the evic do. Any help would be great.

Andrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If you haven't turned the heat up on the eVic without noticing, then chances are the clearo coil is dead.

Try turning the eVic down to about 7w first though. Nothing should taste burnt at that level.

grindle wrote: »
    If you haven't turned the heat up on the eVic without noticing, then chances are the clearo coil is dead.

Try turning the eVic down to about 7w first though. Nothing should taste burnt at that level.

I changed the coil, worked a treat, what wattage would you recommend i keep it at?

• Advertisement

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I changed the coil, worked a treat, what wattage would you recommend i keep it at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqkQytEkZqA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

totally off topic but that lad has theeeeeeee hairiest [hairyiest?] arms i've ever seen on a human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

:eek:
    artyeva wrote: »
    totally off topic but that lad has theeeeeeee hairiest [hairyiest?] arms i've ever seen on a human.

Jaysus, your right! Smoking mighty joe young more like!
    god aren't we afull pass remarkable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

tommy2bad wrote: »
    :eek: Jaysus, your right! Smoking mighty joe young more like!
    god aren't we afull pass remarkable!

i'm not usually. when you have a face like a slapped a*se like i do it doesn't do to be passing remarks on the physical appearance of others :o

but..... jaysis.... they're like sleeves!

are they his arms, I thought he had a jumper on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Just noticed..... I have a natural with a spheroid on top that usually stays on my bedside table. I had a blue 18650 that came with a lavatube over a year ago in it.
    I took a toot and nothing. I opened it up presuming the battery was dead. The battery was actually split in two different places. There is black gunk and blue plastic stuck to the inside of the natural.
    It must have exploded during the night or today because it was fine last night.

Thats a first for me!!!

artyeva wrote: »

Full moon that night perhaps? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I went into a shop yesterday and they have the I-Breathe. Is that decent? I see online that the starter kits all come with spare parts, extra batteries, extra clearomizers. This just comes with one full setup. Is that all I need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I went into a shop yesterday and they have the I-Breathe. Is that decent? I see online that the starter kits all come with spare parts, extra batteries, extra clearomizers. This just comes with one full setup. Is that all I need?

You should really get one with two batteries, what are you going to use while the 1 battery charges? Two clearos or more would be handy too so you can change flavours when you get bored, or if one of them breaks.

Advertisement