Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

iBreathe = overpriced rebranded eGo batteries judging from their website.

Just get the Kanger Twist set on e-smokeireland.eu. If your only battery broke or got lost you'd be screwed, backups are extremely important with vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WoundedRhino

I bought an ECirette CE4 two weeks ago, and I've been using it fine up until yesterday. I noticed yesterday when I was using it it was making more of a "bubbling" sound than before and I was getting less smoke. So I went out today and bought a new clearomizer figuring it was blocked, exactly the same type as before, filled it up with the same juice, but the new one tastes like death, it's got this awful burnt metallic taste and it hurts my throat to inhale it. Is there a "settling in" period for new clearos or have I bought a dud? What's the general consensus on Ecirette anyway? I figure at 20 quid for a starter pack it's not a great brand but I haven't tried any others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

That bubbling is often caused by juice leaking onto the battery contact, if you just screw the tank bit off the battery and wipe away any juice you find in there it should be OK. Also give a blow into the mouthpiece while you have them apart.

Works for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is there much difference between an evod, a T3s and a protank?

They all use more or less the same short wick bottom coil, so how can there be much difference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

EGriff wrote: »
    You should really get one with two batteries, what are you going to use while the 1 battery charges? Two clearos or more would be handy too so you can change flavours when you get bored, or if one of them breaks.

It took me some time to figure out which juice/flavour/strength I was happy with, so expect a bit of experimenting- its worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

These iclear 16's go through juice fairly quickly. Nice tank though, really good vape from it.

Also....12 months off cigarettes today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Anyone wrote: »
    These iclear 16's go through juice fairly quickly. Nice tank though, really good vape from it.

Also....12 months off cigarettes today :)

Happy anniversary...and well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi guys! :) I'm just over two months off cigarettes. I'm so happy to have found vaping, I enjoy vaping more then I ever enjoyed cigarettes. I would highly recommend e-cigs/vaping to anyone who wants to give up cigarettes!

I've been vaping more the usual the last few weeks and I've been noticing that I've been getting a stinging sensation in my sinus. It seems to sting much worse when I vap out doors for some strange reason? So much so that I now avoid vaping out doors. In fact it used to only ever happen when I vaped out doors, but now its happening when I vap indoors as well.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I don't necessarily vap through my nose, I usually vap through my mouth. It got quite stingy in the last few days, so I've had to cut back on vaping.

I've tried higher and lower VV & VW, but it doesn't make a difference. I used to use 24mg nicotine, but a few weeks ago I dropped to 20mg and now to 18mg. I nearly always use the same Wingnuts e-liquid. Wingnuts seems to be a good quality e-liquid. Loads of people use Wingnuts and love it! So I don't know why this is suddenly happening?

Any ideas anyone? :confused: I've cut right back on vaping the last 4 or 5 days, but the problem is still there. :( Any advice would be appreciated! Thank-you! :)

EDIT...... I'll probably delete or edit this comment after I get some advice. I don't want to cause a negative reaction to e-cigs. E-cigs are great devices, anything that gets people of cancer ridden cigarettes has to be a good thing! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi guys! :) I'm just over two months off cigarettes. I'm so happy to have found vaping, I enjoy vaping more then I ever enjoyed cigarettes. I would highly recommend e-cigs/vaping to anyone who wants to give up cigarettes!

I've been vaping more the usual the last few weeks and I've been noticing that I've been getting a stinging sensation in my sinus. It seems to sting much worse when I vap out doors for some strange reason? So much so that I now avoid vaping out doors. In fact it used to only ever happen when I vaped out doors, but now its happening when I vap indoors as well.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I don't necessarily vap through my nose, I usually vap through my mouth. It got quite stingy in the last few days, so I've had to cut back on vaping.

I've tried higher and lower VV & VW, but it doesn't make a difference. I used to use 24mg nicotine, but a few weeks ago I dropped to 20mg and now to 18mg. I nearly always use the same Wingnuts e-liquid. Wingnuts seems to be a good quality e-liquid. Loads of people use Wingnuts and love it! So I don't know why this is suddenly happening?

Any ideas anyone? :confused: I've cut right back on vaping the last 4 or 5 days, but the problem is still there. :( Any advice would be appreciated! Thank-you! :)

EDIT...... I'll probably delete or edit this comment after I get some advice. I don't want to cause a negative reaction to e-cigs. E-cigs are great devices, anything that gets people of cancer ridden cigarettes has to be a good thing! :)
    Are you using PG-based juice? If so, it is possible that you may have developed an allergy to PG. You could try some VG-based juice to see if it makes a difference.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Are you using PG-based juice? If so, it is possible that you may have developed an allergy to PG. You could try some VG-based juice to see if it makes a difference.

I use Wingnuts Select ~ "Vanilla Custard Supreme." I can't see where it says how much PG or VG is in it? So I always assumed it was 50/50, but I honestly don't know?

Its such a gorgeous e-liquid, its so flippen yummy! So, you reckon PG could be my problem? Is this a common problem? Is it hard to find e~liquids with less PG?

Ugh! Trust me to be awkward! I spent a fortune testing different e~liquids looking for a flavour that I like. Then when I find one that I love & I'm allergic to it. I'm such a pain in the arse! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Allergic or some form of irritation from pg is extremely rare and unlikely.
    You could be experiencing symptoms of quitters flu.

*"Allergic reaction
    Research has suggested that individuals who cannot tolerate propylene glycol probably experience a special form of irritation, but that they only rarely develop allergic contact dermatitis. Other investigators believe that the incidence of allergic contact dermatitis to propylene glycol may be greater than 2% in patients with eczema.[39]"

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/curlchemist-the-truth-and-fiction-about-propylene-glycol

Allergic or some form of irritation from pg is extremely rare and unlikely.
    You could be experiencing symptoms of quitters flu.

*"Allergic reaction
    Research has suggested that individuals who cannot tolerate propylene glycol probably experience a special form of irritation, but that they only rarely develop allergic contact dermatitis. Other investigators believe that the incidence of allergic contact dermatitis to propylene glycol may be greater than 2% in patients with eczema.[39]"

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/curlchemist-the-truth-and-fiction-about-propylene-glycol
    Saying that allergy to PG is 'extremely rare' is just wrong.

From http://www.who.int/medicines/areas/quality_safety/safety_efficacy/trainingcourses/definitions.pdf
    Frequency of adverse drug reactions (CIOMS)

Very common >= 1/10

Common >= 1/100 and < 1/10

Uncommon (infrequent) >= 1/1000 and < 1/100

Rare >= 1/10000 and < 1/1000

Very rare <1/10000

You may say that propylene glycol is not a drug, but it is a chemical to which allergic reactions do occur, so the rating scale above is relevant when using descriptive words, imo. Using that scale, PG allergy is 'common'.

I am allergic to propylene glycol in e-cig juice, as are a number of other vapers. It is well-known in the community. When using PG-based juice, I got a sore throat (with no visible swelling or inflammation) which made it very painful for me to swallow. I also got a few very swollen hives on my head and body. No problem with VG (vegetable glycerol) based juices.

The bit I bolded above (in your quote from the Wikipedia Propylene glycol page) is the relevant bit imo, as what follows is about contact dermitis, which is not really relevant to this discussion.

Not your ornery onager

I use Wingnuts Select ~ "Vanilla Custard Supreme." I can't see where it says how much PG or VG is in it? So I always assumed it was 50/50, but I honestly don't know?

Its such a gorgeous e-liquid, its so flippen yummy! So, you reckon PG could be my problem? Is this a common problem? Is it hard to find e~liquids with less PG?

Ugh! Trust me to be awkward! I spent a fortune testing different e~liquids looking for a flavour that I like. Then when I find one that I love & I'm allergic to it. I'm such a pain in the arse! :(
    It is relatively easy to get VG-based juices (and flavours). I mix my own, but you should be able to find plenty available on the web.

Check with Wingnut - he may do VG-based juice?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I have been getting a runny nose from vaping and I have come to the conclusion it is the PG, so I would be very interested in trying vg based juice as well, just to see if that is it.

Esel wrote: »
    Saying that allergy to PG is 'extremely rare' is just wrong.

From http://www.who.int/medicines/areas/quality_safety/safety_efficacy/trainingcourses/definitions.pdf

You may say that propylene glycol is not a drug, but it is a chemical to which allergic reactions do occur, so the rating scale above is relevant when using descriptive words, imo. Using that scale, PG allergy is 'common'.

I am allergic to propylene glycol in e-cig juice, as are a number of other vapers. It is well-known in the community. When using PG-based juice, I got a sore throat (with no visible swelling or inflammation) which made it very painful for me to swallow. I also got a few very swollen hives on my head and body. No problem with VG (vegetable glycerol) based juices.

The bit I bolded above (in your quote from the Wikipedia Propylene glycol page) is the relevant bit imo, as what follows is about contact dermitis, which is not really relevant to this discussion.

The point of my post was not diminish the irritation you feel from pg but to try to explain that in most cases this irritation is not caused by an allergic reaction.
    The quote above references that only 2% of people who feel this irritation are experiencing an allergic reaction. whence the very rare catogorization.

An allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system.[1] Allergic reactions occur when a person's immune system reacts to normally harmless substances in the environment.

Many things cause irritation without involving the immune system these are not considered allergies example. a baseball bat to the side of the head :)

The point of my post was not diminish the irritation you feel from pg but to try to explain that in most cases this irritation is not caused by an allergic reaction.

The quote above references that only 2% of people who feel this irritation are experiencing an allergic reaction. whence the very rare catogorization.
    No, the quote does not state that. It states that "they only rarely develop allergic contact dermatitis.". You really need to get your head around this, with all respect.

We are not talking here about allergic contact dermatitis at all.

We are talking about an allergic reaction in general. Irritation can be one of the normal effects of an allergic reaction.

Not your ornery onager

Hi Guys! :) Sorry I've haven't replied sooner. I started college yesterday. (I'm a 41 year old student! :rolleyes: Better late then never!)

Thank-you everyone for your advice. A small amount of people seem to have problems vaping PG, but my symptoms seem different to what people usually experience. Yep, just my luck to be different!

My Son and my Boyfriend both think its my own fault that I'm having these problems. They both noticed that up till a few days ago I was vaping non-stop! I never had my e-cig out of my gob, day & night. Sitting in my sitting-room was honestly like sitting in a big cloud, I was vaping that much! So, I reckon I might have been eh? over doing it a bit.... I don't know if thats the reason? But thats what my family think. I vap about 5 or 6mls a day, I've heard of people who vap more then that, but maybe 5/6mls is a bit too much for me.

My symptoms are a painful stinging sensation in my sinus/nose when I vap. And a heavy feeling in my lungs. The stinging in my sinus/nose is much worse when I vap out doors in the fresh air. I can't figure out why that is? :confused: As soon as I stop vaping the problems go away.

I vaped for two months with no problems whatsoever, this has only happened in the last two weeks. It happens with all e-liquids that I have, no one liquid is causing the problem.

I'll figure it out. I would hate my comments to put anyone off vaping, so I will be deleting/editing them once I've gathered info. I smoked cigarettes for 26 years. I would never have given up cigarettes had I not found vaping! Some people might find a few problems with e-cigs, just like with any other product. But at the end of the day e-cigs will save countless lives!

We are very lucky to have such amazing venders in Ireland. I've had great experiences with all of the Irish venders that I have dealt with. I want to especially thank "e-smokeireland.eu" who said they will make me a 100% VG e-liquid for my next order. Happy days! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Gillian, I think you might be overdoing it. I vape 5 ml or so a day and get the runny nose and in the last few months a tight chest and cough. The tightness is going and so is the cough, all I did was reduce the amount I vaped to about 3 ml and switch to a higher PG from 50/50 to 75/25. Might give pure Pg a go next but the thing is I get dry patches from the Pg.
    When I started first the itch drove me mad, was scratching the side of my face to bleeding.
    Switching to a 50/50 stopped that and going back has started it again. This time I'm ready, some hemp cream and all is well.
    Ironically the thing people noticed most was that my skin had improved when I stopped smoking.
    Try uping the nic and reducing the volume of vaping. Oh and don't exhale through your nose, I know its really satisfying but pg drys the passages and may allow irritation to develop.
    2 and a half years vaping and minor niggles like this are all I'v had. Learning curve eh? Oh and I never got to the stage where I was breathless or tired btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hi Guys! :) Sorry I've haven't replied sooner. I started college yesterday. (I'm a 41 year old student! :rolleyes: Better late then never!)

Thank-you everyone for your advice. A small amount of people seem to have problems vaping PG, but my symptoms seem different to what people usually experience. Yep, just my luck to be different!

My Son and my Boyfriend both think its my own fault that I'm having these problems. They both noticed that up till a few days ago I was vaping non-stop! I never had my e-cig out of my gob, day & night. Sitting in my sitting-room was honestly like sitting in a big cloud, I was vaping that much! So, I reckon I might have been eh? over doing it a bit.... I don't know if thats the reason? But thats what my family think. I vap about 5 or 6mls a day, I've heard of people who vap more then that, but maybe 5/6mls is a bit too much for me.

My symptoms are a painful stinging sensation in my sinus/nose when I vap. And a heavy feeling in my lungs. The stinging in my sinus/nose is much worse when I vap out doors in the fresh air. I can't figure out why that is? :confused: As soon as I stop vaping the problems go away.

I vaped for two months with no problems whatsoever, this has only happened in the last two weeks. It happens with all e-liquids that I have, no one liquid is causing the problem.

I'll figure it out. I would hate my comments to put anyone off vaping, so I will be deleting/editing them once I've gathered info. I smoked cigarettes for 26 years. I would never have given up cigarettes had I not found vaping! Some people might find a few problems with e-cigs, just like with any other product. But at the end of the day e-cigs will save countless lives!

We are very lucky to have such amazing venders in Ireland. I've had great experiences with all of the Irish venders that I have dealt with. I want to especially thank "e-smokeireland.eu" who said they will make me a 100% VG e-liquid for my next order. Happy days! :)
    A bit ironic when you think,that most smokers inhale over 900 chemicals,200 which are cancerous over the years,and compare that to 3-4 chemicals in vape juice,and chances hitting that you are allergic to one of them.
    out of interest what nic mg did you vape ? how often did you change cleaors,vicks,coil on your kit.
    As i found out most clearos are good for a week at best before coil gets burned and taste is never the same,no matter how you clean or wash it out.
    Also vaping up to 6ml of juice can easily start causing irritation,most symptoms would be throat irritation,dry lips,diziness etc.Most caused by overdosing on nicotine.
    e cigs are great substitute for real smokes,but if one has too much of spare time, then vaping becomes second nature during all day long,because of convenience not having to light up or go anywhere just press the button and go.
    I tried searching before but didn't find an answer how many ml+nic=1 cigarette,as that would provide some guidance to most vapers,at how much they intake and what would be equivalent to getting same amount of nicotine from cigarette.As i believe many of us are overdoing it at some stage/days because of this luxury :)

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I vape 5 ml or so a day and get the runny nose and in the last few months a tight chest and cough.

Hi Tommy! :) Yep, I get those exact symptoms! Plus I get the painful stinging sensation in my sinus/nose. :( I'm deffo cutting back on the amount I vap. I'm glad that I've started college, at least that will keep me busy and away from vaping 24/7. :) I reckon the symptoms I'm experiencing are mainly my own fault. My Son is really on my case over the amount I vap.

Tommy, you said that you were gonna try 100% PG. You said that your symptoms improved when you used more PG and less VG. But a most people say they have problems with PG. PG seems to be the ingredient most likely to cause side effects. I guess everyone is different.

I was gonna try 100% VG e-liquid, but I'm worried that the flavour of the e-liquid will be effected. I read that that PG enhances the flavour of the e-liquid, apparently PG really brings the flavoring out. I also read that VG has a sweet flavour, but thats ok coz I really like sweet! :P

Maybe e-smokeireland.eu would make me up a 80% VG 20% PG if thats possible? They'll probably think I'm a fussy git. :o Their Wingnuts Select "Vanilla Custard Supreme is SOooooo gorgeous! I just couldn't put my e-cig down. So, I reckon I totally over did it. Too much of anything is not a good idea! Although, it wasn't just Wingnuts e-liquids that gave me the symptoms. I have loads of different brands of e-liquids and I had the same problem with all of them.

I did a bit of research on-line today & it seems that a few people experience a stinging sensation in their sinus/nose & a heavy feeling in the lungs. Some people said the 80% VG 20% PG solved the problem and others found lowering the nicotine helped. I'm using 20mg of nicotine, so I "might" try the 12mg. But its a big "might." I don't wanna mess around with the gorgeous "Vanilla Custard Supreme" too much coz it took me ages to find an e~liquid that I love as much as I love that one! :) Its so flippen irresistible!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

5-6ml a day? I only use 1.5-2ml max. And I chain vape during the evenings if I'm watching a film or breaking bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It's about 30-35% from what I've read. If you vape say 3ml of 18mg, that means you are absorbing between 17mg and 19mg of nic. Equivalent to a pack of Carrolls cigs more or less.

All depends on device too though. I'd suspect RBA's probably deliver more efficiently than clearo's or cartos.

scamalert wrote: »
    out of interest what nic mg did you vape ? how often did you change cleaors,vicks,coil on your kit.

Hi Scamalert! :) I use either 18 or 20mg nicotine and I change the head on my clearo at least once a week.

I think I was over doing it. So, I'm cutting right back.

I reckon I'm the problem, not the e~liquid! :o

EGriff wrote: »
    5-6ml a day? I only use 1.5-2ml max. And I chain vape during the evenings if I'm watching a film or breaking bad.

I lost my job recently :( Thats why I quit cigarettes in the first place. Lately I've had too much time on my hands and I've been stressed over not having a job, so I've been vaping way too much.

Thankfully I started a college course this week. So, that is helping me to cut right back! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Congrats Gillian at college! Wish you luck! Always great to hear.

I lost my job recently :( Thats why I quit cigarettes in the first place. Lately I've had too much time on my hands and I've been stressed over not having a job, so I've been vaping way too much.

Thankfully I started a college course this week. So, that is helping me to cut right back! :)

me to, sucks duunit, eleven years, thank you goodbye :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hi Scamalert! :) I use either 18 or 20mg nicotine and I change the head on my clearo at least once a week.

I think I was over doing it. So, I'm cutting right back.

I reckon I'm the problem, not the e~liquid! :o
    yeah might be the case of overdoing it then,maybe try downgrading nic levels and ml per day and see how it goes :) .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

I get a much better throat hit if I dont vape continuously, I try and leave it for about 30mins or so, then its like the OLD first fag of the day almost every time!!

Vaping continuously I wasnt getting any hit - is that the norm?

At the moment I'm still stuck on 24MG strength though, using 1.8ohm wicks- is this too much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yup, TH comes back when your mouth gets refreshed somehow.

I'm using 24mg on two 1.8ohm wicks at a time. Whatever works works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Anybody know where I can buy some blue wonderfoam? Im running dangerously low on the stuff!

Heli, I saw your post over on UKV while I was looking for it, did you find a source for it?
    Please tell me you did!!!!

Why is it so rare?????

Advertisement