Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Never did find it, can't imagine why it's so hard to find, someone must know but no one is saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Damn, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It's John from Flavour Art who supplies it....

As it happens, I was in a pet shop today and saw a big bag of sera wool for only 4 euro. I've had it with the juwal pads and foam. They just either leak or taint flavour or don't wick properly so I bought the bag.

Some difference!! It's really fluffy, not like the shipped bits that come in the post. Very springy and 'full'.

It like night and day compared to the juwal or the bits of sera that you get in the post.

Much cleaner flavour than juwal and no leaks at all and I just pulled off a bit and stuffed it in. Well worth a trip to the pet store......comes in a bag about the size of 2 bags of sugar. Lifetimes supply for 4 euro.

If you can't find any I'll send a bit of mine in a little box or something so it doesn't get compressed.

Cheers Green, I'll check out that stuff from the pet shop. I've never been a fan of the sera wool I got in the post, even the stuff that came with the spheroid.
    I've heard of people ordering wonderfoam from flavour art and never receiving it. I think its a bit much that they can sell spheroids and not supply wonderfoam to go with it. Surely there is a market for it and somebody could track it down.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah, the filler is the weak link alright. You can buy sheets of filler from VA for a couple of euro but I think they only post using DHL......15 euro....

I see a massive difference in the sera from the bag over the stuff I got for the A7 oid or spheroid. It seems to be the perfect density. Stuff posted in envelopes just doesn't keep its density.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

John from FA got the wonderfoam from Intellicig.

Would it be so different to this stuff? The bottom one?

That looks like juwal pad foam. It works alright but its hard to get it right or it leaks or overwicks. It needs to be compressed to the right amount.

I think FA stuff just needs to be cut to size I think. It's already the right ppi.

I might try VA if they have it in stock.
    I would be happy enough paying 20euro incl. delivery because a sheet would last me years!
    I was put off trying VA because I saw on forums people had ordered it from them and never received it or were left waiting ages for it to arrive.

Actually, I often thought that folded mesh might work too......it'd last forever but I'd say it'd take forever to get it right too.....and you'd have to make sure it was only folds that would touch the wick or the sharp edges would destroy the wick after a few fills.

Funny thing is, I've used nothing else since February (the spheroid) but the filler really is a pita and it only costs cents....

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I might try VA if they have it in stock.
    I would be happy enough paying 20euro incl. delivery because a sheet would last me years!
    I was put off trying VA because I saw on forums people had ordered it from them and never received it or were left waiting ages for it to arrive.

That's pretty bad! Maybe its not DHL for small items then? Shouldn't take long if it was DHL so maybe he just posts small items or something.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    John from FA got the wonderfoam from Intellicig.

Would it be so different to this stuff? The bottom one?
    Is that 57euro for 1 sheet?? WTF???

That's pretty bad! Maybe its not DHL for small items then? Shouldn't take long if it was DHL so maybe he just posts small items or something.

Im not sure but I think it might have been on pre-order.

Is that 57euro for 1 sheet?? WTF???

Holy cow!!!! Hadn't noticed that......that can't be right surely!!! Unless its about 2 square miles of the stuff.

Holy cow!!!! Hadn't noticed that......that can't be right surely!!! Unless its about 2 square miles of the stuff.

Just realised its 2 metres by 1 metre and 1 inch thick!!!
    It would make a nice coat for the winter :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Got myself a T3S head yesterday. Sad to say it didn't live a day. I dropped it on the ground and the bottom part of plastic broke off together with wasting a full tank of fluids :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Got myself a T3S head yesterday. Sad to say it didn't live a day. I dropped it on the ground and the bottom part of plastic broke off together with wasting a full tank of fluids :'(

That's happened to me before.

The best shop do just the metal tube for an MT3. You can use the base and coil in that and you have an MT3s which I have found it a bit more drop proof.

Vaperus do the MT3s as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Ordered 3 10ml bottles of juice from ESI, received them today. But all 3 came in as 30ml bottles!:) Very very kind of you, thank you!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Ordered 3 10ml bottles of juice from ESI, received them today. But all 3 came in as 30ml bottles!:) Very very kind of you, thank you!:)

That must be a mistake surely, I could understand 1 free upgrade to 30ml as an incentive to order again, but all 3?

EGriff wrote: »
    That must be a mistake surely, I could understand 1 free upgrade to 30ml as an incentive to order again, but all 3?

Could be. Or maybe they just run out of 10ml bottles? Don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

or the word gets out that every now and again a 10ml bottle gets upgraded to a 30ml bottle and people are more inclined to order from them?

like.. marketing and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

or the word gets out that every now and again a 10ml bottle gets upgraded to a 30ml bottle and people are more inclined to order from them?

like.. marketing and stuff

Yeah I've seen sites doing that, giving a free bottle or whatever, but its usually not triple the original order :pac:

What flavours did you get Nonamigo?

I got Doleca, wibble and moms & pops biancas bliss. All three are lovely:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

I've done a search of the forum but couldn't find a mention of any big supplier of Kanthal .32 - I'd be looking to buy a large quantity of it off e-bay, maybe.
    Anyone know of a good vendor, pref in the UK?

I have Kanthal D .15 and every single one of my rebuilt coils (T3, eVod and Vapeonly bcc's) have burnt out on me within two-three days but I know for sure I'm coiling them perfectly.

Also, about 'oxidising' - I've done it to ALL my coils (in one lot, one batch, 16+ of them) and after they all burnt out I deliberately didn't oxidise the next lot...but they all burnt out on me too.
    What's your take on this? To ox or not to ox?

Finally - silica. I'm not liking it anymore and Ekowool is getting very mixed opinions, so I'm looking at 100% cotton yarn.
    But back to silica - I'm gonna give it one more go, just in a small amount - so what mm is the best to buy?
    I don't know what mm I currently have - there was no option when I ordered it and pack doesn't say.
    I'm not going to even attempt to measure something so small!

Thanks people :)

Is it .32mm kanthal or 32AWG you are after?
    32AWG is .20mm kanthal. They seem to use AWG in the states rather than the size like we use here. Most shops here sell .20 kanthal.
    I torch wire and wick before and after I have made a coil. I imagine .15 kanthal would be fairly delicate and might break when torching. I use .25 kanthal that I got from ez smoke, the best shop now sell .26 kanthal (AWG 30).
    I find ekowool pretty good but the 2mm is more like 3.5mm in size. It is a little expensive compared to solids though.
    Sorry, cant recommend a size for silica in the t3 as I dont have one but my guess would be 2mm.

Yeah, 2mm wick is the size I use for the spheroid and in the Bulli or RDA as well. Doubled 2mm and 4 turns of 0.20 kanthal comes out at 1.8 ohms for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Is it .32mm kanthal or 32AWG you are after? 32AWG is .20mm kanthal.

I imagine .15 kanthal would be fairly delicate and might break when torching. I use .25 kanthal that I got from ez smoke, the best shop now sell .26 kanthal (AWG 30)

Thanks Chrome. I meant A1, 32awg/gauge. Yeah, the .15 is v thin alright - it'd have to be for that reason it's burning out so fast, it does seem to bend a little too much with just a quick blast of a lighter.
    And I just think it's too thin in general to stand up to the blazing hot heat of 3.2 volts on the Twist :D

.15 compared to .20 is a fair difference alright.
    Might try me some o' that .25/6 - Twist won't know what hit.

UPDATE:

The longest length available on e-bay seems to be 50 meters selling at £10 - I don't know what I was expecting fom there - 1,000 maybe?! I really was after a job-lot of the stuff, wholesale style!
    There's 25m at thebestshop for €6.50 so for €13 I get the same amount and it's just easier to order from Ireland.
    They nor any other Irish vendor didn't have A1 back in January (when I started).
    Thanks again Chrome - i wouldn't have bothered to look otherwise.

It's just that months back I rememer someone ordering a shed load Kanthal and then passing some on to everyone, PM's were sent, all that kind of thing but there was no mention of where it was originally bought. I'd like to know what metre that was!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

I want to buy some 'wick' today to use as extra filling for my T3 heads as advised on other posts to help with leakage and gurgling.

Can anybody advise me what one is suitable from the below link ?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1844.htm

Also what thickness ?

Doesn't 5 metres seem like a lot ? Surely it will last about 6 years ? That's why I'm unsure if its the right product for just re-wicking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

2mm should do and the idea is that the wick wont run out for ages, it's what makes rebuilding so much cheaper.

And although you think you'll never run out......you will run out eventually, especially if new to rebuilding.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

2mm should do and the idea is that the wick wont run out for ages, it's what makes rebuilding so much cheaper.

And it's the 'silica wick' I need ?

Advertisement