Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yep

you should probably go for .20 kanthal as well instead of the .15, if you want a lower resistance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

yep

you should probably go for .20 kanthal as well instead of the .15, if you want a lower resistance

Thanks again but I'm only adding wick into the head to prevent leakage and gurgling as opposed to doing the whole re-build myself.

Small steps and all that.

Also surprised nobody does a rebuild kit. Tweezers, clippers, awl type device and so on. I seen a video on youtube and the guy had all sorts of wee tools.

I would like to buy a set that has everything you would need in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WoundedRhino

Does anyone know where I can buy coil head replacements for my Kanger TS3 in Dublin?

The specs on the TS3 state Resistance: 2.5ohm, thebestshop are out of 2.5 ohm resistance heads, what will happen if I buy 2.2 or 1.8? I don't really know what the difference is.

I have a couple of heads at home but I was smoking a coffee flavour juice through them and if I put anything else through it still tastes like coffee. Is there a way to just clean the head, or replace the wick which will remedy this or is it easier to just replace the whole thing?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm kind of new to the whole vaping thing. 3 weeks off the smokes though :)

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

With a lower resistance at the same voltage you'll get more current flowing through the coil. So the coil will be hotter and you'll get more vapour basically. Also your battery will drain faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

csi vegas wrote: »
    It's just that months back I rememer someone ordering a shed load Kanthal and then passing some on to everyone, PM's were sent, all that kind of thing but there was no mention of where it was originally bought. I'd like to know what metre that was!

It wasn't as much as you think, just 186m of wire between all of us, but we were getting wire from different sources along with mesh, silica and NR wire.
    The Vape Mesh Company, peleon.pl, ego2.pl were the vendors I grabbed all that crap from.
    Things have thankfully simplified now that Irish vendors have most of the stuff. (Gee whizz, thanks vendors!)

Think about it this way - if you have 50m of wire (5000cm), and the average coil is 5 or 6cm long, you have enough for 800 to 1000 coils right there and unless you're wasteful each coil should last at least a week (I keep mine for a few weeks at least, usually longer - I just rewick and dry-burn the coils until the wire doesn't want to do it's job any more.).
    800 weeks = 15 years
    1000 weeks = 19 years

I hope to god things might have advanced by then but who knows... 50m isn't a small amount.

Unless you're Digby, then it's a week's supply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Does anyone know where I can buy coil head replacements for my Kanger TS3 in Dublin?

The specs on the TS3 state Resistance: 2.5ohm, thebestshop are out of 2.5 ohm resistance heads, what will happen if I buy 2.2 or 1.8? I don't really know what the difference is.

I have a couple of heads at home but I was smoking a coffee flavour juice through them and if I put anything else through it still tastes like coffee. Is there a way to just clean the head, or replace the wick which will remedy this or is it easier to just replace the whole thing?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm kind of new to the whole vaping thing. 3 weeks off the smokes though :)

Thanks guys.

What battery are you using?

I find rinsing with vodka helps get rid of a lingering taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WoundedRhino

What battery are you using?

I find rinsing with vodka helps get rid of a lingering taste.

I'm using an eGo-C upgrade, the one that switches between constant and variable voltage.

I'll try the vodka thing, thanks.

Best to keep one head for minty and one for coffee flavours, they're absolute bastards to get rid of.

I'm using an eGo-C upgrade, the one that switches between constant and variable voltage.

I'll try the vodka thing, thanks.

I would go for the 1.8ohm coil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

All yee knowledgeable, is there a cheap or moderately priced and quality dripper with spring posts?
    I love the igo-l, just wondered what an upgrade to it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Tip of the Day
    When rebuilding any head, use a cotton ear cleaning bud,to hold/put pressure on new coil with wick,as you replace bottom of head/grommet,and trim wire etc etc.....

The best shop now stock the T3s mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

ardle1 wrote: »
    Tip of the Day
    When rebuilding any head, use a cotton ear cleaning bud,to hold/put pressure on new coil with wick,as you replace bottom of head/grommet,and trim wire etc etc.....

That's a great idea Ardle!

Usually I will put the grommet back in which pushes the head up as you say, then I use a little pliers to pull both the heads down but I'll give this a go and see if it works better :) cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Just got some new juices from the best shop. First time ordering. Im impressed with the speed of delivery. Got the banana juice. been wanting to try it for a while. Liking it so far. Also ordered Mary Jane. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

The best shop now stock the T3s mini.

Yes but why? A 650mah battery with a T3S on it isn't big...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Just got some new juices from the best shop. First time ordering. Im impressed with the speed of delivery. Got the banana juice. been wanting to try it for a while. Liking it so far. Also ordered Mary Jane. :)

Got a bottle of that Mary Jane, kinda reminds me of toilet cleaner :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Also ordered Mary Jane. :)

Be interested to know what this is like if you could let us know. 'ta

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Got a bottle of that Mary Jane, kinda reminds me of toilet cleaner :-o

ah sh!t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

ah sh!t

No, the stuff that cleans sh1t!!

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Yes but why? A 650mah battery with a T3S on it isn't big...

I'll be ordering a couple. I use an evod as a handy compact clearo ( useful for sneak vape when out with the family) and it will mean I only have to worry about keeping a stock of one coil type.

• Advertisement

Hi,

has anyone tried the 400mAh vision spinner batteries. Can you compare to 650mAh twist please

Hi,

has anyone tried the 400mAh vision spinner batteries. Can you compare to 650mAh twist please

I haven't tried them, but a few posters have said that the six second cut off puts them off the spinner.

Can someone give me a reminder on battery life with a vw battery.

If I have the power set to say 8watts, will I run the battery down faster with a 1.8ohm coil, or a 2.4?

The lower resistance will drain your battery faster. Lower resistance = higher current (Amps)

EGriff wrote: »
    The lower resistance will drain your battery faster. Lower resistance = higher current (Amps)

So if I start using 2.4 coils, the battery should last longer. Will the vape be more or less the same?

You should get a consistent vape @ 8 watts no matter what your resistance is (I think that's the whole point of VW)

Power = voltage(squared)/Res -->> v(sq) = PR

@ 8 watts
    V(sq) = 8x1.8ohms ---->> V = 3.8v
    or
    V(sq) = 8x2.4ohms ---->> V = 4.4v

Current = V/R --->
    3.8v/1.8ohms = 2.11 amps
    4.4v/2.4ohms = 1.83 amps --->>> +13% battery life.

Some or all of that could be wrong.

Is there any shops that sell kanthal or nichrome? Would maplin have it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

e-smoke ireland have a collection service, in palmserstown i think

Walk in shops? None that I know of... You can do a stock check on the maplin website though. Doesn't work on my phone so can't confirm if they do have it or not.

• Advertisement

No sign of it in maplin. They have some stuff on the website that's 4.2 Ohm per meter, don't think I quite have the space for a 50cm coil inside a tiny dripper.

Ordered some from TBS.

Advertisement