Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Why's that, save money on just replacing the coil instead of the whole clearomiser?
    I don't have a notion what I'm looking for.
    Any recommendations on what "pen" (don't even know their name) is reliable?

I use a kit like this most of the time:
    http://www.vaperus.ie/starter-vaping-kits/389-evod-protank.html

Those are the best clearomisers available IMO and the batteries are quality too, comes with a charger (you might want to get a plug connector for it).

These are the replacement coils, 1 should last you about a week.
    http://www.vaperus.ie/kanger/237-protank-coil.html#/resistance-1_8

Get some juice to go with it and you're good to go.

The EVOD kit posted above is good too, but I think the twist kit from ESI is out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Pretty much yes, but it depends on the clearo a CE4 throw away clearo can cost around 3 Euro A T3S clearo around 5 Euro with the replacement coil costing around 2 Euro.

There are a lot of options available and you can get a lot of information reading through the posts on here.
    Also contact the vendors and compare the different kits, most you can ring up for advice and even visit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Try out a few juices too as there is quite a difference between them and read as much as you can on this forum and there are lots more forums. It can be very confusing at the start as there is so much new terminology to go with vaping and it is an area that changes with extraordinary speed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

EGriff wrote: »

These are the replacement coils, 1 should last you about a week.

A week? So you'd want to have a good stock all the time?

Thanks for the information guys. Confusing stuff though.

A week? So you'd want to have a good stock all the time?

Thanks for the information guys. Confusing stuff though.

You get better at it :) I only got a day or two from the first ones I used....now I get way longer as I soak the coils in hot water overnight and they last longer.....

Yes it is confusing at the start but don't be afraid to ask questions, there is always someone on here who has come across everything you will encounter.

• Advertisement

Yes you will need spares
    The idea of starter kits is you have everything you need to get started.
    Everything in the Kit will wear out eventually

So you will need spares, but start with the kit first to see how you get on. No point in buying a load of coils for certain Clearo if you decide you dont like it and want to try another one.

eventually you will have spare batteries and chargers but one step at a time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Only confusing for a week or three, you'll be grand - always ask if confused by something.

Thanks guys! Ye are very helpful indeed. Think I'm getting there.

So let's say I want to switch battery or clearo. Are they interchangeable between brands?
    (ie. would different brands fit together)

Not all
    The two most common connections are EGO and 510
    A lot of batteries have both connections so you are covered for most of the Devices.
    On the Battery the EGO is the large external Thread and the 510 is the small Internal one

You can also get adapters if you really get caught out

If the clearo uses eGo-threading it needs either an eGo battery or almost any battery + 510- eGo adapter.

If it uses 510 threading (most devices by far, whether battery or atomiser, are 510 threaded) it can be used on almost anything (some cigalikes go with weird connections in the hope that nobody leaves their walled garden).

• Advertisement

God damn your typing speed Vaperus, I'm tryna get drunk here!

Lucky you Grindle :-) have a couple for me

Usefull Video for Begginers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nITrEvMyRZo&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

Why's that, save money on just replacing the coil instead of the whole clearomiser?
    I don't have a notion what I'm looking for.
    Any recommendations on what "pen" (don't even know their name) is reliable?

also have a look at http://www.ezsmoke.ie/electronic-cigarette-starter-p-194.html
    i got this kit when i started off (1st june - 4 months today !!! )and have never looked back - a few upgrades with new clearomisers but thats all part of vaping.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Is this battery any good? http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/152-joye-ego-c-upgrade-battery.html

Should I go for the higher mAh?

Is this battery any good? http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/152-joye-ego-c-upgrade-battery.html

Should I go for the higher mAh?

The're okay as long as you stick to lower resistance atties (1.5-2ohm).
    This one's better, well worth the few quid extra to be able to vary the power.

They add an extra couple of centimetres in length but again, having control over the power is worth it's weight in...extra Euros.
    Extra mAh = extra run-time.

Sweet thanks! :) I'm still a noob with these things. Can you recommend a good clearo to go with it? I currently use a Kanger T3S

T3s, eVod and Protank mini are all fairly well-regarded it seems (moved on from clearos so I've only tried previous generations of Kanger's devices).

The iClear 16 is meant to be pretty good as well, chucks vapour out fast without drying up thanks to the bazillion wicks inside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Vaperus wrote: »
    Not all
    The two most common connections are EGO and 510
    A lot of batteries have both connections so you are covered for most of the Devices.
    On the Battery the EGO is the large external Thread and the 510 is the small Internal one

You can also get adapters if you really get caught out

This is the kind of thing that confuses me. I see so many different names and I don't know what goes with what. There's Joyetech and Ego, and 510, Protank. Within Ego there's Ego C, Ego T, Ego something else. There's Innokin, Kanger has been mentioned a lot on here, etc.

I thought figuring out the difference between a cartomizer and an atomizer (which I've forgotten at this point) would sort me out. There's just so many different names for parts.

grindle wrote: »
    T3s, eVod and Protank mini are all fairly well-regarded it seems (moved on from clearos so I've only tried previous generations of Kanger's devices).

The iClear 16 is meant to be pretty good as well, chucks vapour out fast without drying up thanks to the bazillion wicks inside it.

Thanks for your help. I bought the battery you recommended and the eVOD :)

Lyaiera wrote: »
    This is the kind of thing that confuses me. I see so many different names and I don't know what goes with what. There's Joyetech (factory brand who first manufactured the eGo battery for the battery's designer Janty) and Ego (anything that looks and operates similarly to Janty's design though advances like variable voltage have come into play), and 510 (thread type that rose in popularity with Joyetech's 510 cigalike-ish thing in days of yore…), Protank (clearo). Within Ego there's Ego C (when referring to a battery it means the battery can remain at fixed voltage OR operate at the battery's nominal voltage meaning it starts at 4.2 to and gradually sags until dead --- when referring to the atty it's like an ego-t atomiser tank system but the atomiser head was replaceable and thus cheaper), Ego T (same as the C but no changeable voltage setting, terrible atomiser system), Ego something else (Twist? Variable voltage ego battery, should be everybody's intro to vaping). There's Innokin (just a brand), Kanger (just a brand) has been mentioned a lot on here, etc.

I thought figuring out the difference between a cartomizer and an atomizer (which I've forgotten at this point)---one has filler the other doesn't--- would sort me out. There's just so many different names for parts.

eGo threads complicate things slightly because of a few devices, everything else is 510.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

the_syco wrote: »
    How long do Vaperus usually take to deliver? Ordered on the 24th at 13:00 seems it shipped on the 26th at 06:00, but no sign of it. Looking like it'll be a week before I get my order :|

Did your order arrive?

I ordered some stuff on Monday from 3 vendors, everything was delivered the next day apart from the juice I ordered from vaperus. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Samba wrote: »
    Did your order arrive?

I ordered some stuff on Monday from 3 vendors, everything was delivered the next day apart from the juice I ordered from vaperus. :(

Contacted them this morning about it and got a very prompt reply and all was dealt with, excellent service.

An post on the other hand, they can be a right shower of amateurs when they want to be. :mad:

Vaperus wrote: »
    Lucky you Grindle :-) have a couple for me

Usefull Video for Begginers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nITrEvMyRZo&feature=youtu.be

Very informative video. I even now understand how the coil and wick work.
    So from the knowledge I got from this video I bought an ego t battery, evod clearomizer with a few spare coils. Also got a flavour just named "tobacco" so no idea what that will be like. Got a menthol one as well.

Got all these from vaperus.ie today and they were shipped around half 2.
    Hopefully I'll have them by Friday.
    Really want to kick cigarettes for good and I think the idea of blowing out vapour could really work :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Very informative video. I even now understand how the coil and wick work.
    So from the knowledge I got from this video I bought an ego t battery, evod clearomizer with a few spare coils. Also got a flavour just named "tobacco" so no idea what that will be like. Got a menthol one as well.

Got all these from vaperus.ie today and they were shipped around half 2.
    Hopefully I'll have them by Friday.
    Really want to kick cigarettes for good and I think the idea of blowing out vapour could really work :)

It worked for me!:) Since May!!

One thing I found was that whilst I started on 16mg strength juice, I lost my enthusiasm after a week or two, but discovered that I needed the 24mg to get throat hit. I also found that adding a drop or two of menthol into my clearo every so often "rejuvenates" the whole experience.
    But it's all very personal and of course, subjective.

It worked for me!:) Since May!!

One thing I found was that whilst I started on 16mg strength juice, I lost my enthusiasm after a week or two, but discovered that I needed the 24mg to get throat hit. I also found that adding a drop or two of menthol into my clearo every so often "rejuvenates" the whole experience.
    But it's all very personal and of course, subjective.

I discovered the same, need 24 mg to get a nic hit and I add menthol at different times to...as you say "rejuvenate" the taste buds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I think menthol is meant to increase the absorbtion of nicotine.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Did a google on that and discovered that this says it has the opposite effect!

http://ntr.oxfordjournals.org/content/14/7/801.abstract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Did a google on that and discovered that this says it has the opposite effect!

http://ntr.oxfordjournals.org/content/14/7/801.abstract
    I was wrong to state increased absorbtion. What I meant to say :) was that it can "enhance systemic nicotine exposure" by slowing the metabolism of nicotine. I may be wrong, but I infer from this that a lower rate of metabolism of nicotine would result in a longer effect to the user.

Not your ornery onager

I was wrong to state increased absorbtion. What I meant to say :) was that it can "enhance systemic nicotine exposure" by slowing the metabolism of nicotine. I may be wrong, but I infer from this that a lower rate of metabolism of nicotine would result in a longer effect to the user.

I won't argue with you about that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Guys! :) Is "Vaporinm Online Shop" closing down or something? Coz most of their e-liquids are sold out.

I went to buy some yummy "Frankenvape" last night and that is sold out too! :( Could anyone recommend anywhere else where I could buy it? Thank-you! :)

http://www.vaporium.eu/prestashop/product.php?id_product=175

Advertisement