Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Those are plastic, there's meant to be a version 2 with glass on the way. If they're anything like Kanger it'll be out pretty fast.

Edit: I thought they were plastic, they must be new out since PBusardo's review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

So got a delivery from Vaperus. Got a dud again

The new I clear vv I ordered won't switch on nor charge, its also looks completely different from the I clear I had.

Mine had a USB charging port and a couple of other minor differences like logos and and the fact its shorter.

Got new I clear clearomiser, with two new coils. Let's hope that works... Sending it back tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Maybe check your order from them, looks like you maybe ordered and Itaste Battery and not a VV3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

The new I clear vv I ordered won't switch on nor charge, its also looks completely different from the I clear I had.

Mine had a USB charging port and a couple of other minor differences like logos and and the fact its shorter.

Got new I clear clearomiser, with two new coils. Let's hope that works... Sending it back tomorrow

You must be the most unfortunate person on the planet :)
    I have ordered loads from them and never had a problem.

Vaperus wrote: »
    Maybe check your order from them, looks like you maybe ordered and Itaste Battery and not a VV3

Could have mistaken it, it looks identical from the picture on the website to my old one as you can't see the bottom of it. Regardless I'll leave it plugged in over night. If it ain't coming on by then, it never will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I appear to have a dead head.

I put a new coil in yesterday, used it all day quite happily, then last night before bed filled up the clearo (a T3s) and put the battery on to charge. Rush out the house, run to the bus stop, take a vape and nada.

I tried it on a spare battery I keep at work and same result. Any idea what it could be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Try pulling your post, get a pin or paperclip to the centre contact of the battery and see if you can lift it a few millimtres, they make a huge difference between a vape or a ****e day.

Try pulling your post, get a pin or paperclip to the centre contact of the battery and see if you can lift it a few millimtres, they make a huge difference between a vape or a ****e day.

No joy.

Looks like it's cigalikes for lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

seems you got 2 gen vv,as they do both versions only difference is price.Other then that ive never experienced any troubles with them either,as usually their stuff works out of the box,mind that all stuff is made in china so there is slim chance that once in a while you can get faulty item.As for clearo i agree mini pro tank 2 is amazing,had a go at it and it was really nice vape.
    Dont know anything about glass ones why do people think they are better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

scamalert wrote: »
    Dont know anything about glass ones why do people think they are better ?

Without sounding facetious, they don't taste of plastic like the plastic ones do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Folks vendors can't respond here but they are reading. Can we be absolutely sure of our claims before pointing fingers?

mewso wrote: »
    Folks vendors can't respond here but they are reading. Can we be absolutely sure of our claims before pointing fingers?

Yeah no problem! It lit up in the morning. So it was just a very dead battery and suppose needed a good long charge. My bad!

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Without sounding facetious, they don't taste of plastic like the plastic ones do! :D

I bought myself a new T3s the other week, charged the battery up, filled her with some creme Brulee and headed off with the dog to Sandycove for a nice relaxing vape.

Got there, Sat on a rock, took out my ITaste and started to vape away. The dog dropped her ball at my feet, I bent down to pick it up, dropped my ecig and the ****ing clearo shattered.

I only use the MT3s now, which is built like a brick outhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Haha, I broke a protank a couple of weeks ago in similar fashion.... Luckily, had a spare one full of juice on me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Because for some inexplicable reason after decades of sucking of cigarettes and filters full of zillions of chemicals and god knows what! Now that I can actually list the handful of materials that are used to vape, I'm like a born again virgin, everything has to be the very purest, no nasties going into my mouth/lungs....oh noooo.......ha ha haaa.....wtf is this about?

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Because for some inexplicable reason after decades of sucking of cigarettes and filters full of zillions of chemicals and god knows what! Now that I can actually list the handful of materials that are used to vape, I'm like a born again virgin, everything has to be the very purest, no nasties going into my mouth/lungs....oh noooo.......ha ha haaa.....wtf is this about?

its not about taste; for me at least, I find the plastic breaks down and causes leaks. So they last a lot longer than the plastic, unless you drop them :eek:

its not about taste; for me at least, I find the plastic breaks down and causes leaks. So they last a lot longer than the plastic, unless you drop them :eek:
    Yeah, I was being tongue in cheek, I have heard lots of stories about plastic cracking and I do know that some plastics give off nasty chemicals for a long time after manufacture, apart from that I do like well made things, no matter what they are and seeing a clearomiser made from stainless steel and glass is nice....better than nice...good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Well its proven that there is certain amounts of toxic chemicals in some plastics,there was debate about water in plastic bottles,and also some thing to do with heat,that you cant leave water or minerals in direct sunlight for too long :cool: But i like dePeatrick response,suddenly people become green activists.
    But quality vise ,yes glass is some what more prestigious,and maybe better taste from vaping.But since ive never experienced any breakdowns with my plastic tanks,and amounts of time they have been dropped fallen,so i wouldn't really say that plastic is more fragile then glass,as glass can easily shatter or crack,just maybe it can hold and withstand the heat more then some cheaper plastic tanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I think plastic is fine for a short lifespan product like the clearos but I think for carto tanks and anything that will be used longer than 6 months glass or surgical stainless or pyrex would be the best options. Then again theirs a lot of chrome and copper and brass and aluminium and stuff in out atomisers too.
    Back to the 'sure everything kill you' argument we used as smokers then. Somethings never change.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I think plastic is fine for a short lifespan product like the clearos but I think for carto tanks and anything that will be used longer than 6 months glass or surgical stainless or pyrex would be the best options. Then again theirs a lot of chrome and copper and brass and aluminium and stuff in out atomisers too.
    Back to the 'sure everything kill you' argument we used as smokers then. Somethings never change.

Yeah, it is like food and everything else, ya do yer best within reason and it does look sometimes that we live longer than we are biologically designed for.....

Copper well we all used to drink from copper plumbing and lead before that :eek: chrome is non-toxic and brass....it's copper and zinc, Zinc is regarded as relatively safe......then again I don't think any of these end up in the vapour somehow.......I would think probably way more likely to absorb through your hands using a brass mod but brass is probably the nicest metal to hold in your hand and very little would come off on your hand....ok I can't stay serious anymore.....Freud would have a field day here.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Nice - Aga T3

Wick is in the centre and the tank is half the size. Works for me.

Incidentally i had some SS rope samples in my drawer for the last 2 months, finally decided to have a go and well its just amazing.

Sorry I waited now. So much flaour and half the maintenance of SS Mesh/Wick.

Twist Rope out, clean it, flush tank , twist rope back in fill and vape on Agat T2. Keep the same coil if you are mildly careful. I could probably do it drunk its that simple. (Use thick AWG Kanthal)

That process has really made vaping more enjoyable for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anybody know if there are any discount codes for bargainvapour.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Anybody know if there are any discount codes for bargainvapour.com?

You have to leave a review on their Facebok page or website in order to get a discount code (of 5%). You do that, then contact them to say where you put it, then they mail you back with a one time use only discount code.
    So for every new purchase you want to make, to receive a discount you must leave another new review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I was getting rid of some bits and pieces and came across some ego-c heads from way back when. I hadn't bought anything in a while so I bought one of the new eGo-CC setups. It's basically a redesigned eGo-C/clearo.

Bought it from vapourpal and it arrived with a 650 battery and charger.......all for 15 odd euro!!

Its actually a nice attie. Gone are the days of the plastic leaky muted tanks and tight draw. This thing actually has a nice draw and good flavour too.

You can use your own drip tips on it but the supplied SS one is very nice. I'm surprised how good this is actually. Massive massive improvement on the old eGo-C and its metal with some clear windows.

http://www.vapourpal.com/ego-cc.html

You can just pop out the old head and pop a new one in there in about 2 secs.

I still can't believe the attie and battery were only 15 euro and the attie will last a long time. Anybody who likes clearo's should give this a try. The flavour is much better, it is almost impossible for it to leak and it's built really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Bought it from vapourpal and it arrived with a 650 battery and charger.......all for 15 odd euro!!

Was it supposed to or did they just send you out a free batt and charger as a gift? Couldn't find anything as a 'set' on their site. Think you were just v lucky!

Well that's what I thought originally as well, that it was just the attie, but the attie came in a joyetech presentation box including the 650 battery. The battery and clearo are packaged as one unit in the sealed presentation box.

I think its great value. I used the ego-c for ages a couple of years ago until I got fed up of the leaks, muted flavour, tight draw but this is actually a nice kit and way outperforms the ego-C

Edit: I wonder did they send me the whole thing as they may have thought I was a noob? Never ordered from them before so maybe? If that's the case it was a pretty nice gesture and I paid standard post but it was delivered by courier too. Anyway, just a thumbs up to vapourpal.

Well that's what I thought originally as well, that it was just the attie, but the attie came in a joyetech presentation box including the 650 battery. The battery and clearo are packaged as one unit in the sealed presentation box.

I think its great value. I used the ego-c for ages a couple of years ago until I got fed up of the leaks, muted flavour, tight draw but this is actually a nice kit and way outperforms the ego-C

Edit: I wonder did they send me the whole thing as they may have thought I was a noob? Never ordered from them before so maybe? If that's the case it was a pretty nice gesture and I paid standard post but it was delivered by courier too. Anyway, just a thumbs up to vapourpal.

Its exceptional value if it does include battery and charger at that price. Would you think it'd be a good starter e-cig?

Yes, I would actually. When I started vaping seriously I used the eGo-C and it worked in so far as it generally worked......but the draw was too tight, the carts leaked, the flavour was muted....

They've resolved those problems with this I think. I detest every clearo ever made with a passion. Every single one. Never got one to work for me.

I always liked the idea of the SS type system without those rubber bungs and silicone yokes in clearo's. That's what this is really, the metal body is the tank and you can use your own drip tip as well.

To be fair, its not going to replace my spheroid and the vape is a bit cool but its wicking very well, good flavour and vapour, leak PROOF really and its a cinch to flip out the old c head and pop in another. Another thing, those clearo coils are all rubbish but the ego-C coil was always pretty reliable and I got very few duds.

To be fair, it would be interesting to see what a clearo lover would make of ot too though. Maybe they'd hate it like I hate clearo's.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Some other sites seem to be selling the clearo alone for $/€15 so I'd say you lucked out and got the kit like this : https://www.cignot.com/product_p/egc-ck6-all.htm

• Advertisement

Maybe so.......

Advertisement