Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Just broke the glass tank from my Mini Protank II!!!!:mad: Can you get replacement glass anywhere?

Edit: Sorted, ordered a few from myepack.co.uk. £1.99 each, plus £1.95 shipping to Parcel Motel which is €3.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Just broke the glass tank from my Mini Protank II!!!!:mad: Can you get replacement glass anywhere?

Edit: Sorted, ordered a few from myepack.co.uk. £1.99 each, plus £1.95 shipping to Parcel Motel which is €3.50.

myepack.co.uk that's a new one I hadn't heard of, good good! Another one to add to the suppliers folder! Stone Age laptop calling me over now to take a proper look, 17" style!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Ha, just did the exact same thing and came on here to see where I could get one. Thanks for saving me the effort!

Btw everyone should be doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIoH-mOXKsc

Brilliant build for protank heads and super easy, all you need is some cotton, a syringe tip and a tweezers or pliers. 10 or 11 wraps of .25 wire gave me 1.6-1.7 ohms, flavour and vapour are unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

found a fault in my kamry k100, think it could be all bottom button mods, after a while the bottom of the battery gets pushed in and eventually it becomes too dented to charge :( bollox

Phew....safe and sound. Fast shipping from myepack.co.uk. Normal service has resumed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Good to know that it is easy to get replacement glass for the Protank, I think it would be a better design if it had a metal sorround with a window to see liquid level.....always something better on the horizon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Where's the best place to get liquid in 50 or 100ml?
    I think it would make more sense to buy in 100ml if it's good value.

Any recommendations on a menthol. I do like the one made by vaperus.

Where's the best place to get liquid in 50 or 100ml?
    I think it would make more sense to buy in 100ml if it's good value.

Any recommendations on a menthol. I do like the one made by vaperus.

Bargainvapour have 100ml bottles for 13.99. I've got their menthol a few times, always nice. You can even add a few drops of nic-free liquid (DKS brand) to it to add a little variety. BV also have that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Those containers are pretty shocking though........

Those containers are pretty shocking though........

Yeah but I tip 'em into empty dropper bottles though using a pipette, sometimes just chuck it all in to the empties if I'm having a good hand-to-eye co-ordination day, for shhhpeeed, like :-D

• Advertisement

csi vegas wrote: »
    Bargainvapour have 100ml bottles for 13.99. I've got their menthol a few times, always nice. You can even add a few drops of nic-free liquid (DKS brand) to it to add a little variety. BV also have that.

And what's the delivery price. Cheap I'm guessing cause of the size. I'll order one tomorrow. That should last me ages.

And what's the delivery price. Cheap I'm guessing cause of the size. I'll order one tomorrow. That should last me ages.

6.50 I think, I dunno for sure as I always spend over 65 so get free delivery. You should try a few to be able to get more than one item out to you for the cost. Vanilla Custard is pretty decent - requires around two weeks steeping, if you can't wait that long its also fine right out the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If the protank, evod and T3s all use the same head, why is the protank considered the king of the bcc?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Perhaps because pyrex and SS rather than lots of plastic...

Also, the newer versions all break down into loads of pieces, very easy to clean etc?

Dunno, I prefer the protank over the other two anyway.

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Perhaps because pyrex and SS rather than lots of plastic...

Also, the newer versions all break down into loads of pieces, very easy to clean etc?

Dunno, I prefer the protank over the other two anyway.

Do you use the protank 1 or 2? Is there anything other than aesthetics between the two of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I'm using all of them! The protank 1 mini, which is just a single piece (apart from the base the coil goes into) and slimmer than the protank 1. Great slim setup on a 450mah ss ego battery for out and about.

Protank 2, is about the same size as the protank 1, but has a replaceable drip tip and the tank itself breaks into 5 pieces, drip tip, ss top, glass tube, ss bottom and base. I prefer this to the protank 1 as it's a lot easier to wash out and dry with kitchen paper etc rather than having to leave dry overnight like the protank 1.

Have ordered the protank 2 mini, which I should be getting today.

Have tried about 15 or more different clearos, and the protanks, in whatever form I keep going back to, and I'm preferring the 2's than the originals for now.

Am finding less leaking/gurgling with the 2's than the 1s, but even with the 1s it's a rare enough occurrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Excitedly waiting for chinese Vapemail, got a package in the post today, ... I was gutted when I found out it was only a late birthday present..

(and not my fake astro!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

platinums wrote: »
    Excitedly waiting for chinese Vapemail, got a package in the post today, ... I was gutted when I found out it was only a late birthday present..

(and not my fake astro!!!)

Hope it was a nice pressie and not awful socks from Aunt Mable!

Oops

Can anyone recommend a mini RDA for use on a twist? For tasting juices at home. Was looking at the IGO-S and mini A7/A6.

Leaning toward the IGO-S myself but if anyone has any input, cheers!!

Have kanthal and silica so fancy having a play. Probably looking at <2 Ohm single coil setup. Also where can I get a ego skirt/beauty ring?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Never used any of those igo ones but the A7 is a very good attie and matches an ego battery well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Thebestshop.eu have the thread covers. I couldn't find them on any other Irish site when I was looking.

I got mine from fasttech in the end along with a dripper, but it took about 3 weeks to get here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Can anyone recommend a mini RDA for use on a twist? For tasting juices at home. Was looking at the IGO-S and mini A7/A6.

Have kanthal and silica so fancy having a play. Probably looking at <2 Ohm single coil setup. Also where can I get a ego skirt/beauty ring?

Micro coil + cotton is the way to go for small drippers, very easy to do and no need to recoil when changing wicks, just take out the old wick, fire the coil to get rid of any gunk and slip in some more cotton. Much better flavour & vapour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Spent last night looking at the same thing Moolers, came to the conclusion that the IGO L was the most convenient to get, it seems to come with a beauty ring and a built in drip tip and is very well made. Also available from Vaperus and ESI so am getting one next week. Reviewers give all of them about the same rating.

rickyjb wrote: »
    Micro coil + cotton is the way to go for small drippers, very easy to do and no need to recoil when changing wicks, just take out the old wick, fire the coil to get rid of any gunk and slip in some more cotton. Much better flavour & vapour.

Tried cotton with a 28AWG 12 wrap 1.8 Ohm microcoil in a Mini Protank II but found it very harsh, mind you the cotton was pulled from a cotton bud..:o...and I think I used too much of the cotton. Must pick some up from a chemist.
    dePeatrick wrote: »
    Spent last night looking at the same thing Moolers, came to the conclusion that the IGO L was the most convenient to get, it seems to come with a beauty ring and a built in drip tip and is very well made. Also available from Vaperus and ESI so am getting one next week. Reviewers give all of them about the same rating.

The L is a good bit larger (I think) though but they're cheap enough so I'll probably grab both. Must pop out to thebestshop and give them some of my hard earned.....they have a great selection of hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yeah the L is wider and bigger, the A7 is a good dripper, air hole is at the bottom so no fiddling to line it up with the coil.
    Beauty rings are available from best shop, they have straight ones and flared ones to lend a clean line to either a wide or slim dripper/tank/whatever.
    The A7 has the added thing of being able to get an 'oid' fitting. Effectly turning it into a sort of sphereoid variant. Didn't take to it myself but it could be handy for out n about when you don't want to be drippin all the time.

On the basis that there is no such thing as a stupid question, I'd like to ask about charging a mod.

With the lower end mods, such as the udt-l etc, can the battery be charged in the tube, or does it have to be taken out and put in a charger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Taken out and put in a charger. However this is not an issue for me. I've a 4 bay charger which charges the batteries pretty damn fast, plus it shows how much power is in each battery. You can charge 2-3 batteries say and have one in the mod and two spares, so when one runs out you unscrew, slip out the old and slip in the new and screw the cap back on. For me it's quicker and easier to do it that way than have to screw the mod in and wait for it to charge before using it again.. fk that! :)

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Taken out and put in a charger. However this is not an issue for me. I've a 4 bay charger which charges the batteries pretty damn fast, plus it shows how much power is in each battery. You can charge 2-3 batteries say and have one in the mod and two spares, so when one runs out you unscrew, slip out the old and slip in the new and screw the cap back on. For me it's quicker and easier to do it that way than have to screw the mod in and wait for it to charge before using it again.. fk that! :)

I can see the convenience, I was just wondering what I need to buy to kick off with.

Having a small mod, like a Siegele telescope, with a spare 18350 and 5ml bottle of juice in your pocket sounds quite convenient for a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Only issue with having charged batterys in your pocket is if they short out, say on your keys, then boom your pants are on fire and one of your family jewels has been blown clean off.

What to buy to kick off with, I'd say the Nitecore i4 charger and at least 3 x 18350 batteries. But what would be even better is get a mod that can also take a "kick" which allows you to set a higher voltage and it regulated the power so it stays the same throughout the battery life. Mech mods are great in they're so simple and sturdy but they suck in they're so simple too. You see a 18350 battery (and most or maybe even all other batteries like these) start off at 4.2 volts and slowly (or in the small 18350 case rather quickly) slip down to 4 volts, then 3.8, and down and down until 3.4 volts and you really notice the drop in performance. The "kick" from what I understand keeps it at the same power right until the battery dies.

That's just my two cents from my mech mod experience. I have GP Paps which is a grand old mech mod but I still use my vamo and or evic more for the fact of the regulated voltage and also the fact I can set them a bit strong. So really a "kick" is on my urgent hit list.

Advertisement