Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

A battery going boom might just save me having the op I've been putting off!

That's a good point about the fixed power, I use an ITaste vv/vw at the moment and I'm half thinking that a simple mech mod would almost be a step backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I can see the convenience, I was just wondering what I need to buy to kick off with.

Having a small mod, like a Siegele telescope, with a spare 18350 and 5ml bottle of juice in your pocket sounds quite convenient for a night out.

Just add a spare 18350 in your pocket. You can find little plastic cases from vendors to protect against accidents. A night out can kill an 18350 pretty quickly some find.

I use mechs exclusively these days and have given up using the kick. I just change batteries when I feel the vape dropping off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

With batteries like the 18350 or the 18650 i put the spare in the small change pocket on my jeans when out and about. Did have an incident about 3 months ago when one did get mixed up with my change in my pocket and nearly went off.

front+jeans+pocket.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

All this talk for the potential of batteries to go BOOM in a pocket full of keys or coins...I would not have imagined. Lucky though "I'm a laydeee" so get to use a handbag but himself I must now warn - we both just have eGo Twists, which he transports in his jeans so would they pose some danger or would that only be with actual exposed batteries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Biatch.....gets to use a handbag, if I used one I would get comments on my orientation. :D

Won't happen to an ego as the button would need to be pressed down as well...though could happen and your BF could go boom.......awwwww.......contact me if this happens, I have a great line on dead vapers etc etc etc......:D

Have had a few silly AA batteries heat up in my pocket from coins though....not funny,,,,,really.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

csi vegas wrote: »
    would that only be with actual exposed batteries?

Yes, only exposed batteries.

Battery surrounded by conductive change/keys = hard short. You're basically connecting the positive and the negative with practically zero resistance, the battery will attempt to serve as much power to your change/keys as possible and go into (dun-DUN-DUNNNNN...) thermal runaway in the process. If you're quick enough you might not ruin the battery, but if pants are singed it's dead and you should throw it at the nearest scobe.

Thanks deP - if that ever happens I'll pm you haha! Hope you like trannys! Haha! In the meantime I can send you one of my 'unisex' handbags - call it a 'manbag', love, call it a gift! Now, where do you live? Hahahahaha

csi vegas wrote: »
    Thanks deP - if that ever happens I'll pm you haha! Hope you like trannys! Haha! In the meantime I can send you one of my 'unisex' handbags - call it a 'manbag', love, call it a gift! Now, where do you live? Hahahahaha
    Ha ha haaa.....yer a character, and do you think I would give a fcuk if you were a tranny.....take a lot more than that one to phase me.....but send on the Manbag, I'm sure I have a use for it....somewhere....!!! :D

grindle wrote: »
    but if pants are singed it's dead and you should throw it at the nearest scobe.

...or on their Halloween bonfire - that'll learn 'em!

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Ha ha haaa.....yer a character, and do you think I would give a fcuk if you were a tranny.....take a lot more than that one to phase me.....but send on the Manbag, I'm sure I have a use for it....somewhere....!!! :D

This weird and wonderful world of the web...hahaha! Thought I'd have scared you back off to smoking with that post but no... What HAVE I started?! Would you prefer a bumbag or a fannypack? Haha!

• Advertisement

Depends whether you are speaking English or American I guess....:D I'd settle for testing out whatever drippers you have.....bag or no bag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

small writeup on that Astro i have been pining for... here on Boards

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I'd settle for testing out whatever drippers you have.....bag or no bag :)

Have we met? Sounds awfully like a conversation I once had in 1996! Though I'm no bag (for anyone who's not been following this most peculiar conversation) Haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Picked up an IGO-S yesterday and was using it last night. It's tiny and I think it looks great on a twist. Grabbed a skirt and drip tip too. Flavor has gone though the roof.

20131026_121938_HDR%20%28Small%29.jpg

20131026_121953%20%28Small%29.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

64161_167159190143091_1749871237_n.jpg
    Hotspot killer.

Hotspots have been driving me mad all morning. may go and get some of these pads, hope it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Has anyone bought the kayfun 3.1 clone from fasttech? Any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Everyone! :) I probably won't get an answer to my questions anytime soon, coz I reckon the whole country is watching Love/Hate at the moment! ;) Tee~Hee! I just wanted to ask if anyone has an e-roll? And if so what are the pros and cons? I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm not sure. :confused:

I've been using a "iTaste VV VW" for the last while. In fact, thanks to Boards.ie I was able to look back and see that I got my iTaste VV VW exactly two months and one week ago.

Sadly my iTasts VV is on its last legs :( The button has gone wonky, it doesn't make the clicky noise when I press it. It's near impossible to get it to turn on and off with the five clicks. And now, sometimes nothing at all happens when I press the button to vap. I think the reason my iTaste broke might be due to juice leaking into it. I've been having major hassle with leaky clearomizers lately.....

Ummm..... clearomizers are another thing that keep going wrong on me lately. :( The only clearomizers that I've really liked is the "CE4 Version 3." The only place that I like to buy them is at Smokedifferent on Mary's Street coz they sell the genuine CE4 V3, but I haven't been in town in weeeeeks so I haven't been able to stock up. So, I've been trying all sorts of different clearomizers, but I'm having very little success.

I bought a "Kanger T3's" recently, but it was faulty. It doesn't seem to connect to the battery. :( At first I thought my iTaste VV that was playing up (again), but the T3's doesn't work on my eGo K either.

So, at this stage I'm pulling my hair out with dodgy batteries and wonky clearomizers.:eek: I'd gladly smoke a fag now and be done with it....

That is why I'm thinking of buying the e-roll. I'm just worried coz I reckon I'd REALLY miss the VV & VW. I know most people recommend re-buildables, but I'd never be able to build stuff. I'm hopeless at that kind of thing.

So, what do people think of e-rolls? Also, has anyone else got a iTaste VV? Has it given you any problems? Is my button fixable? Could the leaky juice have caused the problems? Thanx!

I love my ITaste vw and T3s, but to be brutally honest, I think the Evod works better with it, despite me hating the Evod when I was using it with an eGo.

I'm waiting for my protank though.

The Protank has an edge on the Evod, not sure why but it is subtle but somehow does taste better...

I was at the Jervis today, so popped along to smoke different.

Nice guys and a handy little place. They are moving to a bigger unit next door and getting new stock in. Good luck to them, it's nice to have a Shop in town and they aren't expensive either.

• Advertisement

I was at the Jervis today, so popped along to smoke different.

Nice guys and a handy little place. They are moving to a bigger unit next door and getting new stock in. Good luck to them, it's nice to have a Shop in town and they aren't expensive either.

Hi Fred! :) I haven't been able to get into town in ages, so I haven't been in "Smokedifferent" in long time. :( I'm delighted to hear the lads have moved into a bigger unit, things must be going well for them.

They deserve to do well, they are really nice guys! All of their merchandise is the real deal, they don't sell any fakes. I love buying my clearomizers from SmokeDifferent because they are top quality. It really makes a huge difference.

I buy "CE4 Version 3" clearomizers from "Smokedifferent" and they are brilliant! One time I couldn't get into town to SmokeDifferent, so I ordered "CE4 Version 3" on-line from a different supplier, but when it arrived in I noticed that they didn't vap half as well as the ones I got in "Smokedifferent." In fact it was totally crap! Then I noticed the ones I'd bought on-line didn't have the name engraved on the metal ring part, :eek: so I knew they were fake. The "CE4 Version 3" SmokeDifferent sell have the name engraved on them andit come in the proper box.

The mad thing is that the genuine "CE4 Version 3" in SmokeDifferent were the same price as the fake ones on-line!

I also love the way they let you taste the e~liquid before you buy it, in fact you can test most products they sell before you buy. I have countless full bottles of e~liquid lying around that I bought on-line and ended up not liking. SmokeDifferent is spotlessly clean, they put fresh/new sterilised rubber tips onto the clearomisers each time you test an e~liquid. They have a very hygienic system.

I'm so happy to hear that they are doing well. I sung their praises so much here on Boards.ie once that people thought I worked there! Tee~Hee! I'm just a customer, although I'd love to work in a e~cig shop! (Hint~Hint! ;) )

Hopefully I'll get into town soon to see their new shop! Are they still at 56 Mary's Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

Name mentioned 8 times, address mentioned once and waxing lyrical about the 'real Ce4 's - If you dont work for them you should lol

Gillian, they are literally moving into the unit next to where they are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Hi Fred! :) I haven't been able to get into town in ages, so I haven't been in "Smokedifferent" in long time. :( I'm delighted to hear the lads have moved into a bigger unit, things must be going well for them.

They deserve to do well, they are really nice guys! All of their merchandise is the real deal, they don't sell any fakes. I love buying my clearomizers from SmokeDifferent because they are top quality. It really makes a huge difference.

I buy "CE4 Version 3" clearomizers from "Smokedifferent" and they are brilliant! One time I couldn't get into town to SmokeDifferent, so I ordered "CE4 Version 3" on-line from a different supplier, but when it arrived in I noticed that they didn't vap half as well as the ones I got in "Smokedifferent." In fact it was totally crap! Then I noticed the ones I'd bought on-line didn't have the name engraved on the metal ring part, :eek: so I knew they were fake. The "CE4 Version 3" SmokeDifferent sell have the name engraved on them andit come in the proper box.

The mad thing is that the genuine "CE4 Version 3" in SmokeDifferent were the same price as the fake ones on-line!

I also love the way they let you taste the e~liquid before you buy it, in fact you can test most products they sell before you buy. I have countless full bottles of e~liquid lying around that I bought on-line and ended up not liking. SmokeDifferent is spotlessly clean, they put fresh/new sterilised rubber tips onto the clearomisers each time you test an e~liquid. They have a very hygienic system.

I'm so happy to hear that they are doing well. I sung their praises so much here on Boards.ie once that people thought I worked there! Tee~Hee! I'm just a customer, although I'd love to work in a e~cig shop! (Hint~Hint! ;) )

Hopefully I'll get into town soon to see their new shop! Are they still at 56 Mary's Street?

What did you say the name of the shop was again?

:rolleyes:

Gillian, they are literally moving into the unit next to where they are now.

Aw deadly! I'm thrilled for them! I will continue to support them all the way and ignore the snarky remarks.

Funny how there are no silly remarks when I say how great "Esmokeireland," "Bargain Vapour" or "VapRUs" are! I only mention those three coz they are who I ordered from this week.

Anyone who has read my posts on here will know that I support all e-cig shops coz I think they are great & they deserve our full support! :D

I can't help it if sad gits want to jump to conclusions......

Has anyone seen this Phil Busardo dude??? Pleassssse! Who does he think he is fooling??? Did you hear the way he goes on about "Boba's Bounty?" And did you see the way he not only mentions the company who sells "Boba's Bounty" but he also prints the company's name AND web-site address right across the screen! :eek:

It is so obvious that he is working for "Alien Visions E-Juice!" Its blatant, I tell you! BLATANT!!! I am going to report him for self promotion on You Tube. I think self promotion is allowed on You Tube, but I'm gonna a report him anyway just coz I can and because I'm a miserable kind of person in general! LOL! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M_rAl2CqYg

Vaping is a brilliant thing! I was a heavy smoker for 26 years and I gave up smoking totally painlessly thanks to vaping. There are a lot of new vaping shops and web-sites popping up around Ireland, if I come across a good shop/web-site selling quality products at a good price then I'll let people know about that shop/web-site & I'll supply links. After all this thread is called "GENERAL DISCUSSION ON VENDORS, DEVICES, ETC."

Ireland is in a horrible recession, a family member of mine lost their business and their home thanks to the recession. I lost my job too! :( So, I think anyone setting up a new business in Ireland is very brave. Therefore once they are selling good quality products at a good price they will get my full support. I didn't post any product links in my post about Smokedifferent because I don't think they have a web-site (Although they did say they were getting one) But I do normally post links to any products that I like and I will continue to this this as long as Boards.ie is ok with it, judging by the name of this thread I'd say Boards.ie are fine with it! By doing this I hope it helps vapors to find good products and I really hope it helps venders out too! :)

There are amazing c-cig venders in Ireland, we are very lucky to have such good quality shops and web-sites to choose from. I happen to love e-cig shops the most coz I like to test before I buy. I'm not sure if Yogic and RickyJB were being serious or having a laugh and to be honest I'm not going to stop supporting e-cig vendors because of a few snarky comments. A lot of people "Liked" Yogic's comment, so I'm just letting you all know that if you don't want to read comments where someone is saying good things about venders and products then don't read my comments. The "blocking" button on Boards.ie is there for your pleasure. :D

Thank~you! LOL! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyone try www.gillians-ecigs.ie yet? :pac:

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Anyone try www.gillians-ecigs.ie yet? :pac:

Tee~Hee!!! Only good quality products sold there! LOL! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Gillian72 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if Yogic and RickyJB were being serious or having a laugh

Yogic's a full-time piss-taker, he was definitely joking. Or was he...?

You should know by now but most Irish people get confused or embarrassed by enthusiasm and have to take the piss out of it.
    Gotta make sure people don't happy themselves out of our collective cynicism. 800 years! Trust no-one! Tiocfaidh ar váp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Anyone have any recommendations as to where I can get some 6mg Dekang / Joyetech Menthol? These flavours would be my 'go to' vapes but since the Vapour Store shut down a few months back I have not been able to source 6mg Menthol (or any other flavours!) anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement