Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

thudd wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations as to where I can get some 6mg Dekang / Joyetech Menthol? These flavours would be my 'go to' vapes but since the Vapour Store shut down a few months back I have not been able to source 6mg Menthol (or any other flavours!) anywhere.

Thanks in advance

30ml Dekang Menthol
    [30MLDKMTH]
    €8.50
    0 and 11mg from Ezsmoke
    i guess if you mixed the 2 of these you might get 5.5mg
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/30ml-dekang-menthol-p-216.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Picked up a cheap (and nasty) multimeter today for checking resistance of my coils and checking batteries etc. It's giving me higher readings than expected for resistance.

Am I right in thinking that I need to subtract the value of resistance that I get from holding the probe tips together i.e 1.5Ohm from the reading I get when checking my rebuild heads/coils. i.e 3.3Ohm-3.5Ohm. So my coil is approx 1.8-2.0 Ohms. Correct?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Picked up a cheap (and nasty) multimeter today for checking resistance of my coils and checking batteries etc. It's giving me higher readings than expected for resistance.

Am I right in thinking that I need to subtract the value of resistance that I get from holding the probe tips together i.e 1.5Ohm from the reading I get when checking my rebuild heads/coils. i.e 3.3Ohm-3.5Ohm. So my coil is approx 1.8-2.0 Ohms. Correct?

yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Not sure if that meter would be fit for purpose though if there's 1.5 ohm resistance in the probes and you're measuring at 1.8 ohms in terms of the coil.....I'd be taking whatever it says with a pinch of salt!

Not sure if that meter would be fit for purpose though if there's 1.5 ohm resistance in the probes and you're measuring at 1.8 ohms in terms of the coil.....I'd be taking whatever it says with a pinch of salt!

Gonna try a different set of probes. I've checked 3 heads and to be fair it's close enough for me, they're all showing the same resistance(ish) when compared to a calibrated Fluke jobby from work. Works well for checking voltage though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's measuring at 3.3-3.5ohms at the coil though, 1.8 is what he gets after subtracting the 1.5

it's measuring at 3.3-3.5ohms at the coil though, 1.8 is what he gets after subtracting the 1.5

Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

thudd wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations as to where I can get some 6mg Dekang / Joyetech Menthol? These flavours would be my 'go to' vapes but since the Vapour Store shut down a few months back I have not been able to source 6mg Menthol (or any other flavours!) anywhere.

Thanks in advance

These people have some in 6mg, might have the ones your looking for.
    http://www.e-shop.ie/product/turkish-tabacco-10ml-t-blend/389096

Sigelei Atomizer Ohm Meter on ESI for €17, haven't seen it on there before but may have missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I received my protank 2 today and I likey very much.

I can't take it apart though and don't want to risk breaking the glass tank. Are they usually stiff at first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

My miniprotank 2 was extremely stiff when I got it, made the mistake of tightening to too tight to reassemble and it distorted the seals....seems it just arrives tight and does not need to be that tight at all, could be change in temperature or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I found the protank 2 to be quite stiff at first.

Just got the mini protank 2 the other day, and I love it, but capacity isn't great.

Couple of spare seals in the box too, so that's a nice addition. (Edit, just see yours was a mini dePeatrick... did you spot spare seals in under the base)?

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I found the protank 2 to be quite stiff at first.

Just got the mini protank 2 the other day, and I love it, but capacity isn't great.

Couple of spare seals in the box too, so that's a nice addition. (Edit, just see yours was a mini dePeatrick... did you spot spare seals in under the base)?

I did indeed, thanks, not sure where they are for though....thought they looked like they would fit the drip tip?

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I did indeed, thanks, not sure where they are for though....thought they looked like they would fit the drip tip?

Yeah, just had another look at them... They're a bit small alright.

Fancy box mind you.... would rather the yolk was a quid or so cheaper than the fancy box it comes in :D

Yeah, just had another look at them... They're a bit small alright.

Fancy box mind you.... would rather the yolk was a quid or so cheaper than the fancy box it comes in :D

Ha ha haaa....am keeping spare coils in it, just needs a little knob to be a proper drawer....good quality overall though, only gripe is that at times when refilling the threads on the base seem to want to mis-thread....think it only happens when threads have been cleaned though, maybe better leave a little juice on them :)

It's nice the protank and certainly feels like a quality bit of kit.

If it had the vivi nova type top coil set up, I would gladly throw away my picture of Holly Willoughby and go to sleep cuddling that instead.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Ha ha haaa....am keeping spare coils in it, just needs a little knob to be a proper drawer....good quality overall though, only gripe is that at times when refilling the threads on the base seem to want to mis-thread....think it only happens when threads have been cleaned though, maybe better leave a little juice on them :)

Yep, agree with the mis threading... and I think the depth of the base is longer on the original mini protank than it is on the mini protank 2

Yep, agree with the mis threading... and I think the depth of the base is longer on the original mini protank than it is on the mini protank 2
    Ahhhh...so it is not just a glitch on mine, out with the magnifying glass later tonight and take a closer look.....

Why has no one brought put a short fat battery rather than long thin ones? an ego twist that was 900mah and with the same diameter as a protank/vivi nova/iclear 30 would be brilliant.

That's my thought for the day!

Now that you say it.....exactly!

• Advertisement

Would you believe mine has refused to attempt mis-threading all night, took a look at threads under magnification and well tbh could not see what the problem was.......wonder has it just bedded itself in after use....:)

Those 1300 ego c twists are a bit fatter than the normal ego style versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

The vision spinner 1300 is fatter than a twist.....probably a little bit longer than a 650 twist but twice the mAh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bestcigliquid

Whats the situation with vaping in Ireland, do you find many people are using electronic cigarettes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Whats the situation with vaping in Ireland, do you find many people are using electronic cigarettes?

If you look at the number of Irish vendors coupled with the activity on this forum it is definately on an exponential rise.

Hardly mainstream perhaps but I know of a fair few folks who have quit with ecigs and many more are aware of their existance.

@besecigliquid, no one at all, zero interest, down with that sort of thing I say.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ballincollig is littered with them because of the VapourPal store. I see as many vapers having coffee in the morning or walking their kids to school as I do smokers. Very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Same here in KK, almost as many vapers as smokers now.
    Was in a coffey shop today and the owner wants them banned, her shop is pavement only, no indoor space so she reckons if they take off no one will come to her as they can smoke them indoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

tommy2bad wrote: »
    ...she reckons if they take off no one will come to her as they can smoke them indoors.

Says an awful lot about how she views her own produce and service.

Stop setting that bar so high for yourself coffee-lady!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Vapers are fairly scarce on the ground in galway from what I can see. I'm seeing the odd one now and again but then again I dont get out much these days:-)

Advertisement