Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

The vision spinner 1300 is fatter than a twist.....probably a little bit longer than a 650 twist but twice the mAh.

I much prefer the 17mm egos compared to the 14mm ones these days. Short and stumpy and still fits nicely in the pocket.
    22 or 23mm is just too big for me skin tight jeans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Got the A7 mini today (thanks best shop).
    It's mini in the sence of being thiner not shorter. and looks less streamlined on an ego than the large one. Vapes well and the bottom airhole is a godsend for those of us using a neck hanging sleeve thingy as the hole isn't blocked by the lanyard, I think that's what they call em.
    Forgot about the oil they send these A7 soaked in and had to wash the first drips away but after than it's fine. Looking at the pins I'm wondering how hard it going to be recoil this, not a lot of room in their.

Now anyone know of a battery bit that's the same diamitter as the A7 mini? this could be sweet as a straight ecig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Now anyone know of a battery bit that's the same diamitter as the A7 mini? this could be sweet as a straight ecig.
    This tapers off to within a 1/2 mm of the A7 Mini's diameter.
    titani14.jpg
    So cheap as well! With a 10440's fantastic 2 hour battery life!
    And the ability to power a 2Ω build!

Could only look better with a 11 euro atty on top.
    Might wait for the Fasttech version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Ovale-USA-elips-C-e-cigarette.jpg

Had a smoke off one of these, surprised firstly at how small they are, you can literally hide it in your hand, and it was not bad at all, tiny batt and tank though and something like €90 for a starter kit.

Now a days supply of liquid and battery life in this size and I'm converted.....
    Oh....stick a good Cree LED on it too.....and a touch screen stylus.....maybe an MP3 player....aw hell....stick a phone in there too and a leather man tool....:D

• Advertisement

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Yep, agree with the mis threading... and I think the depth of the base is longer on the original mini protank than it is on the mini protank 2

I hope I got this sorted at last, had not done this "mis threading" in ages until tonight when I popped in a new cotton wick and went to screw in base.....took a careful look at it and discovered that the centre tube that sits over the coil was not bedded perfectly and the tube comes out was ever so slightly angled.....quick adjustment and screwed in perfectly....:)

I replace the wick daily so I guess that was why it was fine some days and not others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I think i heard someone saying they bought a sonic cleaner or something like that a while ago to clear their tanks and head and what not. Dunno if they work or not but if anyone is interested groupon have a small one for sale at the moment. €16 all included i believe.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-james-russell-75/29044869?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_308&a=1676

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Does anyone have a protank 2 handy that they can look into and tell me if there are 2 rubber rings in the 2 sections that the glass screws into? Mine is leaking badly and I noticed that there's nothing inside, don't see how I could have lost both without realising though.

If they are meant to be there anyone know where I can get replacements?

schematic_kanger_2.JPG

Yep there are......not sure where to get the O-Rings though, hopefully someone on here can help you with that, thread about same rings here on ECF if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

VV/VW question.

I bought some 1.5ohm heads in error and when I use VW mode it drains the battery quite quickly.

If I just use VV mode and set the volts to say 3.8, will the battery last longer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

When you use wattage mode the battery should drain the same at your preferred wattage whatever Ohms your heads are. The device is checking the resistance of the heads and adjusting the voltage to suit.

In VV mode the lower the volts the more battery time you'll get, but you might not get a satisfying vape at low volts. 3.8V should be fine with 1.5 Ohm heads though.

EGriff wrote: »
    When you use wattage mode the battery should drain the same at your preferred wattage whatever Ohms your heads are. The device is checking the resistance of the heads and adjusting the voltage to suit.

In VV mode the lower the volts the more battery time you'll get, but you might not get a satisfying vape at low volts. 3.8V should be fine with 1.5 Ohm heads though.

Your first sentence is not quite true,I think with a lower resistance and similar wattage the battery will drain a little quicker (grindle may correct me on this). You can get a chart which shows this but I'm too lazy to find it on my phone.

I agree that 3.8 volts is plenty with 1.5 resistance.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    schematic_kanger_2.JPG

Yep there are......not sure where to get the O-Rings though, hopefully someone on here can help you with that, thread about same rings here on [URL="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/476301-protank-2-white-silicone-o-ring-

seals.html"]ECF[/URL] if you are interested.

Thanks again man. I tried a t3 o ring but it didn't work very well. bit annoying after ordering a new glass tank, still don't know how I could have lost both of them, down the sink when I washing it probably...

Doesn't seem all that easy to get replacement O rings, and food grade seem to be even harder to come by.

You have made me very cautious now when washing atomisers in the sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

rickyjb wrote: »
    Your first sentence is not quite true,I think with a lower resistance and similar wattage the battery will drain a little quicker (grindle may correct me on this). You can get a chart which shows this but I'm too lazy to find it on my phone.

Yeah you're right there actually.

p = (v)sqr/r
    8 watts @ 2.4 ohms v=4.38 --->> 4.38v/2.4 Ohm = 1.82 amps
    8 watts @ 1.5 ohms v=3.464 -->> 3.464v/1.5 Ohm = 2.3 amps

So you don't really get a consistent vape using wattage mode, since it's the current flowing in the coil that determines how fast it heats up. Variable current mode would make more sense I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Guys! :) Does anyone know if Vaporium is closing down or whats the story? They've had very little stock the last while, all the nice e-liquids are sold out.

I NEED to buy some "Frankenvape," its such yummy e~liquid! I e~mailed Vaporium and asked them if/when they will be stocking up, but I didn't hear back from them.

I hope they are not closing down, they have an amazing selection of yummy e~liquids.

http://www.vaporium.eu/prestashop/product.php?id_product=175

I answered this a few weeks back Gillian...

They're not closing down, it's just that the stock they manage to procure sells out very quickly because it's the fancy-schmancy stuff and hard to get outside of America.
    Most of their sales come from the rest of Europe, so you've got a lot of vapers competing to get rare juices = Gillian has no Frankenvape.
    You'd get a much quicker answer straight from the horse's mouth if you use the Irish Vaping FB group and summon Lee or Shaun to your thread and ask when they'll have the goods - Lee's the one who had that Boba's Bounty raffle recently. Which I won. Because I am great.

Thanks Grindle! :) Sorry I didn't see your earlier reply. Yeah, Vaporium have very swanky goods alright! Frankenvap is possibly the nicest thing I've ever tasted!

I did e-mail Vaporium earlier this week, but I can only imagine how busy they must be. I could order "Frankenvap" from the UK, but the postage price is always crazy. I've ordered from two shop in the UK. I got "Grants Vanilla Custard" from Cloud 9 and I got "Iron Brew" from somewhere else (can't remember where?) Both times the postage cost more then the e~liquid.

So, I'll patiently wait for "Frankenvap." :)

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Thanks Grindle! :) Sorry I didn't see your earlier reply. Yeah, Vaporium have very swanky goods alright! Frankenvap is possibly the nicest thing I've ever tasted!

I did e-mail Vaporium earlier this week, but I can only imagine how busy they must be. I could order "Frankenvap" from the UK, but the postage price is always crazy. I've ordered from two shop in the UK. I got "Grants Vanilla Custard" from Cloud 9 and I got "Iron Brew" from somewhere else (can't remember where?) Both times the postage cost more then the e~liquid.

So, I'll patiently wait for "Frankenvap." :)

FYI http://www.parcelmotel.com/

tommy2bad wrote: »

Hi Tommy! :) How can Parcelmotel help on the cost of postage from the UK? Wouldn't using Parcelmotel make it more expensive?

I though Parcelmotel was used by people who can't be at home to except delivery of a parcel and/or can't make it to the post office in time to pick up parcel. There is normally someone at home in my house in the mornings, if not I can usually get to the post office in time before it closes. So, receiving my parcel is never really a problem, it the price of postage from the UK that I find expensive.

Is there something else that Parcelmotel can be used for? Is there a way to get cheaper postage from the UK by using Parcelmotel? I followed your link and had a look, but I can't really figure it out. Sorry for being so stupid....

• Advertisement

With Parcel Motel you get the item delivered to a UK address for the price of the UK postage cost (i.e. cheap or free in some cases), then sent from that address to your Parcel Motel pick-up spot for €3.50.
    First few pick-ups are free, to entice you to keep using what is an absolutely amazing why-didn't-anybody-else-think-of-that? idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

try looking for promotional code or someone who can refer you.At first they were giving 2 free deliveries,dont know now.Also they did some sort of referral system,where if person refers someone,they get extra stays works good if you have someone who uses it :)

Its easy to use,once registered you get an adress (like your home) once is for eire,other is for NI,when buying something from UK,and checking out, you enter parcels address that is located in NI,after that they deliver it to ireland to your parcel,you get sms and collect it.

rickyjb wrote: »
    Thanks again man. I tried a t3 o ring but it didn't work very well. bit annoying after ordering a new glass tank, still don't know how I could have lost both of them, down the sink when I washing it probably...

I washed mine last night and remembering your problem, kept an eye on them. Good Kobe I did.

Both o rings were stuck to the glass and if I hadn't noticed would have easily gone down the plug hole.

I washed mine last night and remembering your problem, kept an eye on them. Good Kobe I did.

Both o rings were stuck to the glass and if I hadn't noticed would have easily gone down the plug hole.

Thank Kobe indeed!

Glad I saved another tank from losing it's o-rings. Now if I can just figure out a way to get it to seal again...

Damned phone thinks it knows what I am writing!

Me too, am waiting for it to write the inferno any day now!

Monkeys on typewriters and all that......

Anyone see the vamo top for a mech mod at fasttech?
    Interesting concept, but......WHY????

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ParaHappyman

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Anyone see the vamo top for a mech mod at fasttech?
    Interesting concept, but......WHY????

Same question I have myself!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Same question I have myself!!!

We use shiny, elaborate mechs and VV devices that look like a cross between a light saber and a dildo and you ask why?

The answer is obvious... People will buy them :-D

• Advertisement

I doubt many people will buy it, I love the vamo myself but this is just daft.
    Unless of coarse you could make a sidewinder out of it.....now that would be sweet.

Advertisement