Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Anyone see the vamo top for a mech mod at fasttech?

That's... one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.
    I'll see your WHY??? and raise you a WHAT THE ACTUAL FÜCK?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

Just saw on facebook that due to an 'urgent family matter ' online contact from vaperus will be at a minimum for the next day or two. Apparently orders from the weekend shipped as normal but they will not be available short term for anyone trying to contact them . Hopefully we will still see them at vapefest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Damn, just ordered a VTR from them and I was hoping to get it by the weekend.

Oh well, hopefully it's nothing too serious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Angela Brady 8:38pm Nov 11 Guys there will be some delays this week and little online contact (email)
    Urgent family matters
    Can someone post on boards please

I see someone posted this already but,in case someone misses it,just to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Did my first FastTech order last month
    Got a shipping confirmed notification on Oct 26th
    Product still has not arrived
    I expect it to be slow from China but I am wondering if i should start to worry yet ?

What is the longest anybody here has waited from fast tech before ?

Thanks
    BB

• Advertisement

It's particularly bad at the moment with HK post flagging all international orders not headed for the US. Tales of 6-7 weeks abound.
    FT have started using other services and people who've placed orders 10 days ago have received them before the orders placed the week before, so it really is a HK post problem, not FT's problem.

Did my first FastTech order last month
    Got a shipping confirmed notification on Oct 26th
    Product still has not arrived
    I expect it to be slow from China but I am wondering if i should start to worry yet ?

What is the longest anybody here has waited from fast tech before ?

Thanks
    BB

The 26th?? Ha, I ordered on the 12th October, it was only shipped on the 9th November. If you go to their site you'll see they have a notice up about non-US packages, I think they've changed how they send them as of the last couple of weeks. We just ordered at a bad time.

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get here once it's verified as being shipped? (via the tracking info I mean)

grindle wrote: »
    It's particularly bad at the moment with HK post flagging all international orders not headed for the US. Tales of 6-7 weeks abound.
    FT have started using other services and people who've placed orders 10 days ago have received them before the orders placed the week before, so it really is a HK post problem, not FT's problem.

If it is a known issue and the stuff will get here eventually that is cool.
    The tracking info they provided fails on the Hong Kong post page and I thought maybe it had got lost /delivered to wrong address.

Thanks
    BB

rickyjb wrote: »
    The 26th?? Ha, I ordered on the 12th October, it was only shipped on the 9th November. If you go to their site you'll see they have a notice up about non-US packages, I think they've changed how they send them as of the last couple of weeks. We just ordered at a bad time.

Anyone know how long it typically takes to get here once it's verified as being shipped? (via the tracking info I mean)

Wow
    I ordered 24-Oct ,got confirmation with photo of product shipping on 26th so FT looked to have processed mine quite fast but it has got held up in Chinese Post issues .

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ben36

Yeah i got something from them yesterday.Took nearly 7 weeks when it's usually 3-4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

In the same boat, ordered stuff on the 5/10, 20/10, 25/10 and 2/11. The first order went with Hong Kong post and it only started tracking yesterday.
    The rest went with Singapore post and they started tracking after a couple of days except for one which is on pre-order.
    I heard HKP are x-raying every package from fasttech and returning packages containing batteries and liquids.
    Not sure how true this is because the same thing happened last year. Everything from China slowed down to a snails pace from now until after Christmas.
    I wouldn't worry though, you will get your stuff.....eventually :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Will any 510 drip tip fit a protank?

I'm finding the stainless steel a bit cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Not the P1 but I think the P2 can use most 510 DT's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Ha ha haaa....Good one Fred, I came to the same conclusion today about the drip tip being too cold, time for a warmer one....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Will any 510 drip tip fit a protank?

I'm finding the stainless steel a bit cold.

Absolutely. Some tips might be a little 'thin' on the rubber ring though which can make the fit a bit loose. Some I have pop out with a draft from the door and others you have to wedge in with a shoe-horn :) Drip tips are cheap - buy them all :) All rubber/silicone ones are generally the tightest fit.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Ha ha haaa....Good one Fred, I came to the same conclusion today about the drip tip being too cold, time for a warmer one....:D

Phew, not just me then!

I'm going to invent my own tank. It will be a cross between a protank and a vivi nova.

Phew, not just me then!

I'm going to invent my own tank. It will be a cross between a protank and a vivi nova.
    How so?

dePeatrick wrote: »
    How so?

That's the bit I'm struggling with at the moment :-(

That's the bit I'm struggling with at the moment :-(

Not at all....the Protank with a vivi top. ie. can fill from the top instead of the bottom....and I think the vivi looks sexier.....as in...well....you know what I mean....dontcha....??? Kinda more masculine if you get my drift, the mini Protank is quite feminine in shape...Oh Christ on a stick....Frued would have a field day with me....:D

In the same boat, ordered stuff on the 5/10, 20/10, 25/10 and 2/11. The first order went with Hong Kong post and it only started tracking yesterday.
    The rest went with Singapore post and they started tracking after a couple of days except for one which is on pre-order.
    I heard HKP are x-raying every package from fasttech and returning packages containing batteries and liquids.
    Not sure how true this is because the same thing happened last year. Everything from China slowed down to a snails pace from now until after Christmas.
    I wouldn't worry though, you will get your stuff.....eventually :-)

That makes sense, I had a couple of batteries in my order. Well I'm assuming that it's left Hong Kong now that the tracking number is working, hopefully I'll get it next week some time.

Anyone have any feedback on the nemesis or sentinel mech mods they have for sale? The reviews seem great and they're so cheap.

• Advertisement

rickyjb wrote: »
    That makes sense, I had a couple of batteries in my order. Well I'm assuming that it's left Hong Kong now that the tracking number is working, hopefully I'll get it next week some time.

Anyone have any feedback on the nemesis or sentinel mech mods they have for sale? The reviews seem great and they're so cheap.
    HKP tracking says it is ready for processing to be shipped from Hong Kong (or something along those lines) but thats what it said yesterday!
    Like you I have a few batteries in that order (egos) so Im not sure if they'll get trough or not.
    By all accounts the nemesis is the muts nuts, almost as good as the real deal. I ordered one simply because it can take a kick in 650.

By all accounts the nemesis is the muts nuts, almost as good as the real deal.

The only functional part people are saying mightn't be as good as the real deal is the button (it seems to be hit-and-miss whether it's "crunchy" or not when hitting it off-centre).

Solution!
    An extra that'll probably cost the same as the clone once P&P is paid, but that's everything taken care of really.

Depth of engraving is a giant "don't care" for me. Hate logos, always have, always will. The shallower the clone's engraving is, the better for me.

That link doesnt work for me but I presume you're talking about the magnets. Guys Magnets UK have 19x14x1mm magnets. Cost about 5euro delivered for 2.

Didn't work? Weird! No, not the magnets, just the actual Nemesis switch.
    I don't seem to have a want for the magnets. I don't see what they'll get me. Whenever I see them mentioned people are talking about leaving their heavy atty on top of the mod standing with it's switch unlocked... I've wanted to do that precisely zero times.
    Do magnets do something else I'm not understanding? Flippin' magnets...

I heard it makes the switch silky smooth. I'll see how I get on with the clone switch first though. Im sure some nolox or good ole wd40 would help too.

I'm gonna be a man and lick it smooth with my gravelly tongue.

grindle wrote: »
    The only functional part people are saying mightn't be as good as the real deal is the button (it seems to be hit-and-miss whether it's "crunchy" or not when hitting it off-centre).

Solution!
    An extra that'll probably cost the same as the clone once P&P is paid, but that's everything taken care of really.

Depth of engraving is a giant "don't care" for me. Hate logos, always have, always will. The shallower the clone's engraving is, the better for me.

So according to the tracking info my package has arrived in Ireland. To celebrate I went and bought the nemesis clone and a fogger:o I'm beginning to regret discovering fasttech, it's so cheap though...

Soooooo hard not to get shinyitis, I am fighting it.....I am....honestly .....using all sorts of anti-Grindle devices like....like....like.....BLINDNESS.....yes that helps enormously......I think.....!!!! :D

Hey, I'm one of the least bling!

The K100 I received yesterday has a gouge going down the centre of it already from trying to remove that manky sleeve.
    I've watched videos and read posts where people just tapped the sleeve off but it wasn't working for me so I started filing the shït off. It's like the manufacturers saw people trying to make it less ugly so they've decided to glue it together. Total bastards.

• Advertisement

King of the bling.....:) easy on that K100, I might want to buy it off you some day :)

Advertisement