Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I'd like to, but im not sure I can be bothered with the learning curve. Old dog, new tricks and all that.

As I am on disability,I do have alot of time to fill,with my poor eyesight & arthritis in the hands,it does take a little longer to build an atty,it beats hoovering:D:D
    I know what you mean,I wouldn't have bothered a few years ago but with all the vids on utube,they really got me interested & now it's a big hobby & also stopped me smoking.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I've just seen on the bottom of your post that you have already built a tricro coil & it works great,did you do a single or a dual coil,I must check out that video again.

Just a single, a double would be very tricky in the trident as there's not much room to work with, I'm not sure if there'd be enough room left for wick. I'll definitely be giving it a go though:)

Still haven't mastered the single, it only really works well when the cotton is not too saturated. It's tricky to get the cotton set so it's not blocking the airflow but still covers the base to stop pooling. Too much pooling and it doesn't fire so well.

Anyone know where I can get an extra long drip tip? I've just discovered the trident fits into the VTR without the adapter, kinda hard to take a drag though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

rickyjb wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get an extra long drip tip? I've just discovered the trident fits into the VTR without the adapter, kinda hard to take a drag though:)

60mm long enough?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/ds60.htm

Ionised wrote: »

Yes I think it would be but 12.50 for a drip tip is a bit nuts!

Has anyone gotten one of these, number 6 specifically? http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/205-510-stainless-steel-drip-tips.html

It's the longest one I could find apart from the one above.

• Advertisement

Yes I think it would be but 12.50 for a drip tip is a bit nuts!

Has anyone gotten one of these, number 6 specifically? http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/205-510-stainless-steel-drip-tips.html

It's the longest one I could find apart from the one above.

I have one thats very similar to that (no.6). It's 40mm long. Give me a moment and I''ll post a pic. I haven't used it in ages so if it'd any use to you I'd post it on.

Edit: Photo added...

10967985226_7031b96df2_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

As I am on disability,I do have alot of time to fill,with my poor eyesight & arthritis in the hands,it does take a little longer to build an atty,it beats hoovering:D:D
    I know what you mean,I wouldn't have bothered a few years ago but with all the vids on utube,they really got me interested & now it's a big hobby & also stopped me smoking.:)

You've shamed me in to it! I will take the advice a few posts back.

I'd better buy myself some tools as well I guess!

Ionised wrote: »
    I have one thats very similar to that (no.6). It's 40mm long. Give me a moment and I''ll post a pic. I haven't used it in ages so if it'd any use to you I'd post it on.

Edit: Photo added...

10967985226_7031b96df2_c.jpg

That looks like it might do the job, thanks!

That looks like it might do the job, thanks!

No worries. PM me your details and I'll throw it in the post Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nolls14

Hi Folks! Healthier Smoker retail outlet just opened in Northside Shopping Centre. Might pop in and get a few of the dreaded Ego C type A Atties for my Eroll. They are seriously doing my head in lol.

Anyway, long time lurker and newbie vapor type person here. Nice to meet Y'all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Nolls14 wrote: »
    Hi Folks! Healthier Smoker retail outlet just opened in Northside Shopping Centre. Might pop in and get a few of the dreaded Ego C type A Atties for my Eroll. They are seriously doing my head in

My head is done in just remembering them :( The e-roll is a beautiful looking little device and I came >this close< to ordering it a thousand times but oh those attomizer heads...I had the Joyetech eGo-c atomizer head system, in every colour, shape and form but those heads just killed my dreams.

Sometimes you just have to accept that your first choice was a bit of a loss, it's a learning curve, as with everything in life.

To salvage some less headf***ing gain out of the e-roll you can attach an 801/808/901-to-510 adapter onto the battery (whatever thread the e-roll is) and with that you can use the universal, goes-with-everything 510 mini clearomizers (such as Vision Nano and Boge cartomizers), they eliminate you having to use the atty heads and plastic cartridges.
    You'd then need to recharge in the normal way in the PCC though (fully assembled e-roll, as it came in box, minus the V Nano/Boge) but it's kind of a small trade-off for ditching those nasty atty's.

Woah! Thanks Csi. I'm definately going to look into that! I got an X6 as well and I use Boge Cartos on that and it's great.

I do love the Eroll though. When it's working, it's a treat. Those friggin attys though.. Constant rewicking and hot water baths and such. It's enough to make you pop in buy 20 Bensons lol.. I'm glad to say I haven't succumbed yet. Six weeks off the smokes!

Thx for the heads up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

csi vegas wrote: »
    My head is done in just remembering them :( The e-roll is a beautiful looking little device and I came >this close< to ordering it a thousand times but oh those attomizer heads...I had the Joyetech eGo-c atomizer head system, in every colour, shape and form but those heads just killed my dreams.

Sometimes you just have to accept that your first choice was a bit of a loss, it's a learning curve, as with everything in life.

To salvage some less headf***ing gain out of the e-roll you can attach an 801/808/901-to-510 adapter onto the battery (whatever thread the e-roll is) and with that you can use the universal, goes-with-everything 510 mini clearomizers (such as Vision Nano and Boge cartomizers), they eliminate you having to use the atty heads and plastic cartridges.
    You'd then need to recharge in the normal way in the PCC though (fully assembled e-roll, as it came in box, minus the V Nano/Boge) but it's kind of a small trade-off for ditching those nasty atty's.
    Wish I could remember all of this, I have never used cartos and know that they give a very good vape, for some people better than any tank combo......will have to try a carto at some stage and see what they are like :)

Nolls14 wrote: »
    Hi Folks! Healthier Smoker retail outlet just opened in Northside Shopping Centre. Might pop in and get a few of the dreaded Ego C type A Atties for my Eroll. They are seriously doing my head in lol.

Anyway, long time lurker and newbie vapor type person here. Nice to meet Y'all.

Before you buy these Atty's,I bought 5 last week from a Vendor for €6 or €7,when I get back to my other computer,I'll post the link.

Before you buy these Atty's,I bought 5 last week from a Vendor for €6 or €7,when I get back to my other computer,I'll post the link.

Here is the link & free postage for everything,Dekang liquids are a fair price.

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=188

Thanks Youdipstick. I was checking this site out last week. Will be doing some business there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Another "Irish" site where the people supposedly making their juice in Ireland can't speak proper English.

Here's their description for eirhorse B+H which they are calling the first Irish juice:

"NOW IN A SPECIAL PRICE € 2.60

It is a flavour that remains B & H. All that makes the vaping is a real pleasure.

First Irish E LIQUID EIRHORSE very efficient. Made from Propylene glycol 98.95% fragrance and deionized water. One of the most popular products in the premium class +. High quality at a reasonable price. Package 10 ml."

Sounds like chinglish to me (No offense to Chinese people). I would bet that juice is just repackaged dekang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭RareVintage

EGriff wrote: »
    Another "Irish" site where the people supposedly making their juice in Ireland can't speak proper English.

Here's their description for eirhorse B+H which they are calling the first Irish juice:

"NOW IN A SPECIAL PRICE € 2.60

It is a flavour that remains B & H. All that makes the vaping is a real pleasure.

First Irish E LIQUID EIRHORSE very efficient. Made from Propylene glycol 98.95% fragrance and deionized water. One of the most popular products in the premium class +. High quality at a reasonable price. Package 10 ml."

Sounds like chinglish to me (No offense to Chinese people). I would bet that juice is just repackaged dekang.

According to whois lookup the domain "electronic-cigarette.ie" is owned by Piotr Merstein since 2010, a sole trader business. From http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Eirhorse-Limited-530554 you can see that he set that up in july of this year, based in Co. Kilkenny. His other company referred to on electronic-cigarette.ie is "The Brazillian Story", same owner same Kilkenny address, which is the "operator" of http://eliquids.ie. By time you get to eliquidireland's youtube channel you can watch him driving a Merc at 95mph on an autobahn... ;)

"I would bet that juice is just repackaged dekang"
    http://website.informer.com/dekang.ie tells me that Piotr also owns this domain, so maybe you're exactly right or maybe Piotr is indeed mixing his own juices... Dekang.ie has just expired but Piotr has obviously been dabbling in the e-juice business for a few years in Ireland

Even after 12 years of using the Internet I still get amazed how easy it is to dig up info (and how important it is to protect it if you don't want your personal details available to all). I could have carried on digging too :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

95mph on an autobahn??......pussy :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭RareVintage

Also Boards vaper Drachnien was looking into Piotr's Dekang connection on this thread in May - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056432547&page=92

Piotr's eliquids.ie "info laboratory" page has some alarming information on handling lethal concentration nicotine liquids:

" Safety of the high-power liquids

The first and most important thing

Liquids having a concentration greater than 36 mg / ml can be used only to preapre you own mixtures for the personal use - after dilution to the safe level for e-smoker.

A dilution having a concentration of 48 mg / ml means 4.8% of nicotine dilution in propylene glycol. Strongly emphasize again - the nicotine is 48 mg in 1 ml of liquid, and not in the whole bottle.
    This means that the average lethal dose for humans is less than 1.5 ml - about 30 drops.

Therefore, special precautions are necessary when working with this dilution, as well as for its storage.

If you decide to purchase and diluting this solution, you should prepare yourself for a leisurely place to work - a small "lab". Just a little space on a desk or table, the appropriate bottle and something to measure the volume (pipette (*), dropper). Tweaking comfortably and ergonomically, when reaching for the bottle or something else does not tip over the container with the liquid of a high concentration.
    After collecting a certain amount of fluid and careful moving container immediately target container "base" close. Only then you can add "thinner" and flavors.

(*) To work with dangerous solutions you can ONLY use pipettes filled with pears or pipettors. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT suck MOUTH OF THE SOLUTION! If you have no experience with the use of pipettes - do not use them at all.

During such work, in any case, do not eat and drink - that you have to remember forever!

Lordy! I do love "wonky" English but I'd guess that Piotr must be mixing his own EirHorse juices. He'll sell you the flavouring additives too...

So remember folks "absolutely do not suck mouth" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Does one of the vaping stores use the picture of Oscar Wilde smoking as its logo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

anyone know if its possible to take the top off of a lamry k100 without breaking it totally? dropped mine and its stopped firing, battery heats up though so there's a bolloxed connection in there somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

anyone know if its possible to take the top off of a lamry k100 without breaking it totally?

Yip, it's press-fit so you need to put something into that tube and hammer it out.
    Sand the contacts while you're at it.
    Sounds like your insulator got shredded or broken in the fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Had my last 2 orders from Fasttech refunded in the last week, with the description as, "Duplicate Order". Both orders were made 19th & 26th of Oct. Neither was a duplicate...

Anyone else have this??

Yep, to myself and StickyIcky this morning. Think it means the package was returned to them. They've stated that when this happens they'll issue an automatic refund.
    I've placed a new order already, should receive the goods in 2-3weeks after paying for the quick postage option.
    Not an impatient man's game (so why the fûck do I keep playing it?!?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

grindle wrote: »
    Yip, it's press-fit so you need to put something into that tube and hammer it out.
    Sand the contacts while you're at it.
    Sounds like your insulator got shredded or broken in the fall.

would the insulator be a little plastic ring sitting at the part I'm supposed to hammer? if it is, it melted....

Yep, to myself and StickyIcky this morning. Think it means the package was returned to them. They've stated that when this happens they'll issue an automatic refund.
    I've placed a new order already, should receive the goods in 2-3weeks after paying for the quick postage option.
    Not an impatient man's game (so why the fûck do I keep playing it?!?).

I think we keep playing this game because most of the stuff we order is impossible to get local,it's worth the wait for FT,we just hope it turns up,I have 3 separate orders pending,so I'll expect the worst.
    I wonder how good the fast delivery is,It'll be interesting to see how fast your new order will be.

would the insulator be a little plastic ring sitting at the part I'm supposed to hammer? if it is, it melted....

From the hammering? :-/

If not, you must've had a short. Notice the battery or button heating up at all?
    I would've imagined the atty-side of the insulator would've split from the fall if your atty wasn't flush, and then your next fire shorted and melted the inside bit.
    I wonder how good the fast delivery is,It'll be interesting to see how fast your new order will be.

Guess we'll see. The items I bought aren't all there until this day next week, and then the shipping says 4-9 days, sooooo... Waiting game begins.
    Also bought more than was on the first order...spent an extra $100 overall including the $30 postage. Who said this shït was cheap?
    Our vendors staying away from these clones is weird/retarded. They've already got clones all over their sites, why not order the most talked-about and best-made?

From the hammering? :-/

If not, you must've had a short. Notice the battery or button heating up at all?
    I would've imagined the atty-side of the insulator would've split from the fall if your atty wasn't flush, and then your next fire shorted and melted the inside bit.

Guess we'll see. The items I bought aren't all there until this day next week, and then the shipping says 4-9 days, sooooo... Waiting game begins.
    Also bought more than was on the first order...spent an extra $100 overall including the $30 postage. Who said this shït was cheap?
    Our vendors staying away from these clones is weird/retarded. They've already got clones all over their sites, why not order the most talked-about and best-made?

I just got 3 emails with 3 different tracking numbers,does that mean that these orders have escaped the dreaded refund saga or could it still happen.
    I noticed that about the vendors,they don't do enough research,I have emailed alot of vendors about supplying certain drippers & a whole lot more stuff but most times I get no reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Was just thinking exactly the same thing today while ordering from FT and VB. Wish I could buy locally but Sigelei #1 to #69 or whatever dont make me want to click on the buy button quite as much as a Nemesis, Sentinal, Caravela or Astro clones do.

Advertisement