Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I just got 3 emails with 3 different tracking numbers,does that mean that these orders have escaped the dreaded refund saga or could it still happen.

They're not sending through HKpost any more so the untrackable package/refund debacle is over. The continuance of that debacle stopped ~26-27th of Oct I think.
    My package was sent a day earlier. :'''''''-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Here is the link & free postage for everything,Dekang liquids are a fair price.

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=188
    EGriff wrote: »
    Another "Irish" site where the people supposedly making their juice in Ireland can't speak proper English.

Here's their description for eirhorse B+H which they are calling the first Irish juice:

"NOW IN A SPECIAL PRICE € 2.60

It is a flavour that remains B & H. All that makes the vaping is a real pleasure.

First Irish E LIQUID EIRHORSE very efficient. Made from Propylene glycol 98.95% fragrance and deionized water. One of the most popular products in the premium class +. High quality at a reasonable price. Package 10 ml."

Sounds like chinglish to me (No offense to Chinese people). I would bet that juice is just repackaged dekang.

I've been using these guys from the beginning(bout 10months)and I've never had a problem, usually receive my package within a day or 2, TopShop I reckon, that Eir Horse B H! wellllll I cant put it down, also Eight Star in the 'Silver Dekang' section just classsssss...... Oh btw I think about 60%-80% off the worlds(non home made)e-juice comes from Dekang, very tightly regulated.... So where it comes from doesn't come into the equation, for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

grindle wrote: »
    From the hammering? :-/

If not, you must've had a short. Notice the battery or button heating up at all?
    I would've imagined the atty-side of the insulator would've split from the fall if your atty wasn't flush, and then your next fire shorted and melted the inside bit.

Ayr the button ans battery were both getting very warm.

sure I have it down as broken now so ill fiddle with it and see what happens. if I can't fix it then I've a good day ahead of me with new shinies on payday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Ionised wrote: »
    No worries. PM me your details and I'll throw it in the post Friday morning.

Does the job, just about! I'm not a fan of the rattly unnecessarily long connection thing that comes with the VTR. It's a great bit of kit apart from that though.

Thanks again Ionised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

rickyjb wrote: »
    Does the job, just about! I'm not a fan of the rattly unnecessarily long connection thing that comes with the VTR. It's a great bit of kit apart from that though.

Thanks again Ionised.

Looks good. Going to have to get myself a VTR I think. Early Christmas present perhaps?

• Advertisement

Sure you may as well. I got a great deal on it from vaperus, think I got their last one though. 70 dollars on fasttech if you want to make it a late Christmas present:pac:

FT (apparently) have quick post but it costs moolah.
    Stuff ordered now with no waiting period to ship should be here within 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Bit off topic but isn't there a market opening for very low nic juices nowadays? When I started it was mainly 18mg juices but there were 11-12mg available too. Surely there's a market for the 3-4mg range now too? I know a few do offer it and I know you could just get some 0mg and mix with a higher nic but that's hassle......

Getting from 18mg to 9-10mg is quite doable but dropping to 0mg from there is a much bigger ask.

Just curious really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Bit off topic but isn't there a market opening for very low nic juices nowadays? When I started it was mainly 18mg juices but there were 11-12mg available too. Surely there's a market for the 3-4mg range now too? I know a few do offer it and I know you could just get some 0mg and mix with a higher nic but that's hassle......

Getting from 18mg to 9-10mg is quite doable but dropping to 0mg from there is a much bigger ask.

Just curious really.

Yes I remember the strengths being 24, 18 12 and 6. Noticed the 6 has become scarce lately. I wonder if this is a reaction to the restriction on making quit claims, harder to accuse them of selling quit kits if their only a lowest strength of 12 (almost equal to a light cig).
    Or it could be lack of demand, their seems to be an increase of super high juices available 36 and 45 in the case of one cigalike.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Guys! :) I'm looking for a bit of advice, just for a change......

I bought a CE4 V3 clearomizer on-line a few weeks ago. The brand name wasn't engraved or printed anywhere on the clearomizer, so I'm guessing its not genuine.

However it worked fine, I normally buy genuine CE4 V3 clearomizers in town and I really like them. So, I know how they should work and I was glad when the non-genuine one worked well.

Anyway, I was ordering my beloved "Frankenvap" on-line the other day, :D so I decided to order new heads for my CE4 V3 as well. I was delighted when the new heads arrived, they came in a blister pack and they each have a "V" engraved on them, so they are the real deal!

Happy days, or so I thought....

Eh, no, nothing is ever that simple! :( I've just put my genuine V3 heads on my non-genuine V3 clearomiser and the damn thing doesn't work! :( It fits on fine, everything had been going so well right up to when I hit the fire button! My iTaste VV isn't even reading the fact that there is a clearomizer screwed onto it. When I press the button that tells me the omh's it just says "NON."

And the big give away that something is wrong was the fact that I can't get a vap...

So, I just wanted to ask is there anything that can be done to make this thing work? Or am I just wasting my time even trying? I've tried screwing it on & off, looser & tighter, but nothing works.

Is it totally banjoed or is it fixable? Thanx!

• Advertisement

Have you tried pulling/poking the post at the bottom of the clearo out a tiny bit? ~0.5-1mm is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Hi Gill :)

I don't have an itaste but does it have what's known as a 'centre pin'?
    That's the bit in the top-middle of the battery (where you screw on clearo's).

On my eGo's I have this centre pin and it gets pushed down regularly, caused by clearo's on top of it/over-tightening if needed.

To solve it it's recommended to pull it up a little bit with tweezers or a strong sewing needle. This brings it back up to where it needs to be, so it can make contact with the clearo's er, bottom :)

That's likely the problem, not the clearo's. But if they still won't work for you try them on another battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi guys! :) Thanx for the advice. I'd tried all that already and I've tried it all again a second time. I have a great little tweezers for doing the job, but still no joy. :(

The clearomizer worked fine until I changed the head. It seems to be the mixture of the non-genuine clearomizer and the genuine head that doesn't work together. Is that even a possibility reason?

GURRRrrrr...... its very frustrating. Thankfully I dug out an old clearomizer that is kind'a working, its pretty worn out, but its still just about usable. Thaks guys, nitey~nite! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

That NON reading has come up a few times for me Gillian on my itaste. I put the clearo onto an ego twist and it works fine.... so it's probably the itaste rather than the clearo.

Have you another battery you can try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I had it a few times with a T3s. I found that taking out the head and putting it back worked.

Anyone help? I used to have a lovely sturdy kamry k100 but due to some rotten bastard dropping it (myself) its dead and gone and i need a new mod. Something cheap and cheerful that will arrive before christmas!! would be ideal.

Anyone any recommendations?

How cheap?

Bulldog Basic is very sturdy. Drop that and it will break whatever it falls on!

About €50, dont want to break the bank before christmas so just need something to take 18650 batteries and not be an ego...

Ah...well the Bulldog comes in at around €65 if memory serves...but comes with tubes for 18350, 500 and 650.

I think Todd was a bit harsh about the switch as I've had zero issues.

Okay, competition time!

Available to win is one used Beautiful Drawtube Smart telescopic mod (sans spring unless I can find the useless feckin' thing)

drawtube-smart_05.jpg

Entrants are limited DirtyBollox

and the question is...

Does DirtyBollox want a free mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Okay, competition time!

Available to win is one used Beautiful Drawtube Smart telescopic mod (sans spring unless I can find the useless feckin' thing)

and the question is...

Wow, what a great place this vaping forum is.... Fair play to you grindle!

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Wow, what a great place this vaping forum is.... Fair play to you grindle!

He hasn't said he wants it yet. He'll be back with a "Fack naw, wouldn't touch it with my ballskin."

does it work?

if the answer is yes then my answer is yes!

does it work?

if the answer is yes then my answer is yes!

Yes it works.

That'd be brilliant though, sending a broken mod to replace a broken mod.
    *breaks mod*

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE THE WINNER!

PM address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Okay, competition time!

drawtube-smart_05.jpg

and the question is...

Well done Grindle :) very generous.

Santa Grindle \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Quick question. So I have an ego 1300mah battery but when I charged it the light never went from red to green and it went dead very quickly. I thought it was a bad battery so I bought an ego c twist but the same thing is happening. Obviously the charger is faulty yes?

I love vaping but I'm sick **** of these useless products where it could break at any moment.

Anyone help? I used to have a lovely sturdy kamry k100 but due to some rotten bastard dropping it (myself) its dead and gone and i need a new mod. Something cheap and cheerful that will arrive before christmas!! would be ideal.

Anyone any recommendations?

Look no further, especially now that they're supplying the brass firing pin with it instead of that stupid magnet. About €42 shipped I think. I wouldn't recommend the brass one unless you plan on polishing it a lot, it gets tarnished looking very easily.

http://www.kernowvapes.co.uk/Sigelei_19b_telescope/p2086842_9814505.aspx

Edit: Nevermind, I've just seen Grindle's post. Very generous of you G.

Quick question. So I have an ego 1300mah battery but when I charged it the light never went from red to green and it went dead very quickly. I thought it was a bad battery so I bought an ego c twist but the same thing is happening. Obviously the charger is faulty yes?

I love vaping but I'm sick **** of these useless products where it could break at any moment.

Most likely. Are you using a wall charger?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Most likely. Are you using a wall charger?

Ya I have a USB plug for my phone so I've been using that.
    Do any local supermarkets sell chargers or will I have to get one online?

Advertisement