Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ya I have a USB plug for my phone so I've been using that.
    Do any local supermarkets sell chargers or will I have to get one online?

You could try a VIP shop maybe.

Try a different wall charger, or a laptop first though. I find the ego chargers can be a bit temperamental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

You could try a VIP shop maybe.

Try a different wall charger, or a laptop first though. I find the ego chargers can be a bit temperamental.

Tell me about it. I'm on my 3rd ego battery. Is it not far more reliable to just have a tube that takes rechargeable batteries?
    A few spare batteries and you'd never run out.
    I saw a battery on vaperus that was 3400mah. Would this not last for a few days compared to a 1000mah ego??
    I'm guessing its not that straightforward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's close-ish to being that straightforward. A 3400mAh battery would certainly do me two days at least in a regulated mod as long as the device didn't have a high voltage cut-off point, but I haven't got a mod like that yet.
    Certain mods squeeze every last ounce of juice out better than others.

Tell me about it. I'm on my 3rd ego battery. Is it not far more reliable to just have a tube that takes rechargeable batteries?
    A few spare batteries and you'd never run out.
    I saw a battery on vaperus that was 3400mah. Would this not last for a few days compared to a 1000mah ego??
    I'm guessing its not that straightforward.

That would be a mod. I use a Sigelei 20, which is €35, the kick (power regulator which is optional) is €17. There are hundreds of mods out there and you can spend over €200 on one and make it it's own little home in your Golf if you like!

The 3600 battery is for an evic I believe, but standard.batteries would be the 18350 - 800 mah, 184500 - 1100mah or the 18650 - 2000mah. Most mods will take all three sizes.

Batteries are €4 to €6 each and the charger is €20. Most mods only takes 510 clearos, so you'll need a Protank, vivi nova or something like that.

I'm as confused as when I first started. So there's a mod on that website for €14. It takes 18650 which is 2000mah. Its 510 so I'd need a new tank as well.

2000mah is very appealing because of having spare batteries around that you know will work.
    So the vision nova isint bad at €12. I'd obviously need spare coils as well ya??

All I'd need then is a battery charger right?

• Advertisement

And the battery.

The 18650 is almost twice as long as an 18350 (65mm compared to 35) so it is chunky.

Not sure about that mod, but most are either telescopic or have different tubes so you can use a smaller battery if you want to reduce weight.

Ya that mod looks strange if its not telescopic. It says it can fit both an 18350 and an 18650. It says not to stack batteries. Not sure how the small one would stay in place but I only want on for the 18650.

I hope mods aren't as temperamental as egos. I should probably buy a good one just in case.

I'm as confused as when I first started. So there's a mod on that website for €14. It takes 18650 which is 2000mah. Its 510 so I'd need a new tank as well.

2000mah is very appealing because of having spare batteries around that you know will work.
    So the vision nova isint bad at €12. I'd obviously need spare coils as well ya??

All I'd need then is a battery charger right?
    The UDT-L is unregulated and having a 2000mAh battery won't mean much once the battery voltage sags. The terrible amp limit means it's good for very little unless you're fond of the standard eGo/weak vape.

Are you looking for a mech or for a regulated/VV/VW mod?

What are your wants/needs? How much do you vape per day (as in 'millilitres', not as "a little" or "loads", both meaningless terms to any other vaper).

It's worth considering the inokin itaste vv3 as well.

That uses a micro usb connection, so you can charge it with a phone charger and use it whilst charging.

grindle wrote: »
    The UDT-L is unregulated and having a 2000mAh battery won't mean much once the battery voltage sags. The terrible amp limit means it's good for very little unless you're fond of the standard eGo/weak vape.

Are you looking for a mech or for a regulated/VV/VW mod?

What are your wants/needs? How much do you vape per day (as in 'millilitres', not as "a little" or "loads", both meaningless terms to any other vaper).

I don't know what I'm looking for as I don't know the difference. I use around 3ml everyday if my battery permits.

I just want a mod that takes a good size battery and will work correctly.

• Advertisement

I don't know what I'm looking for as I don't know the difference. I use around 3ml everyday if my battery permits.

I just want a mod that takes a good size battery and will work correctly.

Well... Okay, different types of mods.

VV/VW MODS

An eGo Twist is a VV mod of sorts, as in you can change the voltage to suit the atty's resistance.
    Some have built-in batteries just like an eGo Twist but have a longer battery-life like this one:
    itastmvp-2.jpg
    Some allow different sizes of batteries which you can swap out like this one:
    sigelei%20new%20invention%20ZMAX%20V3.jpg

Mechanical Mods

In order to be truly mechanical it should have no wires or electronics, that's why it's mechanical.
    sigelei-8w.jpg
    The voltage you hope to get is what the battery will be putting out (but you won't even get that as the mod would have to have a perfect conductive circuit - some mods are more conductive than others because they're made out of purer, more conductive materials, so a mod made wholly out of steel will be out-performed by a mod made wholly out of brass).
    The voltage sags over time, and that is an absolute bitch.
    To get these to reach the wattage you prefer you either have to be into rebuilding coils and what have you

OR

You can buy a device called a Kick (or one of it's clones) or it's big brother the Kick2.
    apa8udu6.jpg

You set the dial at the wattage you prefer, slip it into your mech mod and now your power will be regulated just like a VV/VW device, you just can't change it on the fly, you have to take it out of the tube to adjust when you want to do that.

There are varying degrees of quality between all mods, no mod is faultless.
    Mods can break when dropped, even the nice ones, but the cheaper they are the more prone to breaking, or if they have one dud component (like a shitty rubber insulator) then that could fail and leave you in the lurch.

Depends on how much you want to spend and what tickles your fancy in that price-range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi

I see that this company:

http://www.healthiersmoker.ie/

has just set up in two of the newsagents in the Blanchardstown Shopping Center

I checked out their website when I got home. They seem to be decent enough. Anyone got any opinions?

At their stall in the center I was able to try all their different liquids. I tried about 10 out of the 25 or so they had. I liked Cola and one called Frost. Oh Cappucino was rather nice too.

It is nice to be able to taste before you buy.

They were selling a starter kit too. I dont know the name but it is an Ego where you do not replace the head after a few weeks but instead you have to replace the whole clearomizer after 5 or 6 weeks (the guy said)

iba wrote: »
    ...it is an Ego where you do not replace the head after a few weeks but instead you have to replace the whole clearomizer after 5 or 6 weeks (the guy said)

Immediate disbelief.

They have a rep for unknowledgeable staff and it seems they want to keep that up but not their standards.

How in the name of cross-legged Christ would that not get gunked-up? Is it a new genisis-style ego-clearomiser?

Horseshit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I see people every day with the 6 week clearos.

They don't last that long, a clearo with a replaceable coil, expect the coil to last around a week with moderate to heavy use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hi

I see that this company:

I checked out their website when I got home. They seem to be decent enough. Anyone got any opinions?

At their stall in the center I was able to try all their different liquids. I tried about 10 out of the 25 or so they had. I liked Cola and one called Frost. Oh Cappucino was rather nice too.

They were selling a starter kit too. I dont know the name but it is an Ego where you do not replace the head after a few weeks but instead you have to replace the whole clearomizer after 5 or 6 weeks (the guy said)

I only buy two things from this company,a bottle of Red & a bottle of Kamel (and they went up in price last week) the rest of the stuff they sell are too expensive & not a big choice.There are alot more online vendors out there with a big choice of vaping gear & cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hi

I see that this company:

6 weeks, they said, 6 days at most!
    I'v nothing against them as their cool mint is lovely but the level of stock and staff expertise is shocking. A selection of juices (Good enough, in fairness) and a choice of ego with disposable CE3's isn't a vape shop. They were ignorant of the current EU situation and had no idea of rebuildables or gennies or anything other than what they stocked (and knew little about them.) Their target market is first time users and they sell the best intro to vaping, an ego with a clearo, after that they are banking on a cigarette like market. Repeat customers for juice and the occasional clearo. Like fags and lighters.
    Not a hobyist market.
    Good luck to them though, I know a lot of people who are now vaping because of healthiersmoker and it makes vaping common and acceptable. God the antz will hate them.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    6 weeks, they said, 6 days at most!
    I'v nothing against them as their cool mint is lovely but the level of stock and staff expertise is shocking. A selection of juices (Good enough, in fairness) and a choice of ego with disposable CE3's isn't a vape shop. They were ignorant of the current EU situation and had no idea of rebuildables or gennies or anything other than what they stocked (and knew little about them.) Their target market is first time users and they sell the best intro to vaping, an ego with a clearo, after that they are banking on a cigarette like market. Repeat customers for juice and the occasional clearo. Like fags and lighters.
    Not a hobyist market.
    Good luck to them though, I know a lot of people who are now vaping because of healthiersmoker and it makes vaping common and acceptable. God the antz will hate them.

Yeah you are right I think, they are focusing on newbies. a lot of people were coming over to their stall to see what was going on whilst I was there. None of them knew anything about vaping but were curious. (Not that I knew anything about vaping 9 months ago).

Whats this EU situation that you refer to please? Do you mean like banned in pubs and cafes in France?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Yeah you are right I think, they are focusing on newbies. a lot of people were coming over to their stall to see what was going on whilst I was there. None of them knew anything about vaping but were curious. (Not that I knew anything about vaping 9 months ago).

Whats this EU situation that you refer to please? Do you mean like banned in pubs and cafes in France?

Look here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

Does anyone know what the Ohm's are the Aspire BDC Replacement Heads
    on e-smokeireland site?
    Cheers - ive emailed but no reply has come back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

1.8 :)

• Advertisement

Hi
    I lost one of my ego c-twist batteries (I think it was a 950 ohms one). I bought it from e smoke Ireland but I do not see it on their web site anymore.
    Is there a newer, later, better model that I should consider buying now instead?
    So basically I am asking for recommendations on which battery to buy - there is just so many out there, I do not know what to choose.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Hi
    I lost one of my ego c-twist batteries (I think it was a 950 ohms one). I bought it from e smoke Ireland but I do not see it on their web site anymore.
    Is there a newer, later, better model that I should consider buying now instead?
    So basically I am asking for recommendations on which battery to buy - there is just so many out there, I do not know what to choose.
    Thanks

I'd get this 1 if I was you: http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/331-itaste-vv-v30.html

Mainly because it charges by micro USB and the ego charger is doing my head in lately. It has vw as well as vv. The other vendors probably have them too so shop around for the best price.

Esi do have the twists though: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/egotwist.htm

And they have these which I think are similar but newer: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/spinner.htm

EGriff wrote: »
    I'd get this 1 if I was you: http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/331-itaste-vv-v30.html

Mainly because it charges by micro USB and the ego charger is doing my head in lately. It has vw as well as vv. The other vendors probably have them too so shop around for the best price.

Esi do have the twists though: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/egotwist.htm

And they have these which I think are similar but newer: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/spinner.htm

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and indeed for your detailed reply.

Much appreciated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Just received the Astro Clone from fasttech.

Well it's cracking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Just received the Astro Clone from fasttech.

Well it's cracking.

Don't make me ask for photos!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

20131205_130108_zps2f1090dc.jpg
    18350 beside sigelei

20131205_130134_zps18eb0cac.jpg

20131205_130205_zps30e5a4d9.jpg

20131205_130147_zps4693ba7c.jpg
    Bottom

20131205_130242_zps33f5c212.jpg
    Jigsaw

20131205_130345_zpsd4140287.jpg
    Next to a sigelei with kick

20131205_130424_zps66e692eb.jpg
    18650 with Kick

20131205_130541_zps2420a257.jpg
    With my crappy tank that is desperate need of replacement

The Quality of this is insultingly good.Threads are like butter and the switch is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

20131205_130108_zps2f1090dc.jpg
    18350 beside sigelei

20131205_130134_zps18eb0cac.jpg

20131205_130205_zps30e5a4d9.jpg

20131205_130147_zps4693ba7c.jpg
    Bottom

20131205_130242_zps33f5c212.jpg
    Jigsaw

20131205_130345_zpsd4140287.jpg
    Next to a sigelei with kick

20131205_130424_zps66e692eb.jpg
    18650 with Kick

20131205_130541_zps2420a257.jpg
    With my crappy tank that is desperate need of replacement

The Quality of this is insultingly good.Threads are like butter and the switch is perfect.

Very pretty. Thanks for the pics

iClear 16 or the aspire equivalent to go with a 650 ego battery for out and about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Neither, Mini Protank II would be my recommendation. Tried both the iclear 16 and 2 variants of the Aspire. The Aspire's will break your will to live. Tried 2 new heads on my Aspire yesterday and both were sh1t3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Anybody know where I can get noalox in Ireland? Cant seem to find it anywhere.

Advertisement